Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: Blue Lotus: Total War

Just your average dragoon Member DragoonXXIV's Avatar

Default Re: Blue Lotus: Total War

Kendonosensei:
    I'm pretty sure that daughters not being generals is a hard-coded part of the game.

(Insert innuendo here) Member Balloon Bomber Champion DemonArchangel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Louis VI the Fat View Post
    China is not a world power. China is the world, and it's surrounded by a ring of tiny and short-lived civilisations like the Americas, Europeans, Mongols, Moghuls, Indians, Franks, Romans, Japanese, Koreans.

Quote Originally Posted by DragoonXXIV
    I'm pretty sure that daughters not being generals is a hard-coded part of the game.
    Though I doubt there is anything to STOP it happening, I think it's more a question of they didn't build the code to make it possible (if you can see the difference).

The portraits and names will have to be changed so that they reflect the mod properly. Perhaps if there was a way to trick the game into giving you only "sons" - then if you could randomise the names and portraits you would end up having daughters in effect.

The problem I see with that, obviously, is how to

a) make female names and portraits match up, if the code says that they are male
    b) give the daughters husbands, instead of wives

Out of curiosity, how would one go about modding the current portraits, names, etc. Perhaps the relevant info would be found there.

hoggy, I guess you'd have little or no idea how to do this, right?

Anyway if it can't be done, it doesn't matter. It was just a fun idea. Plus I liked the idea of getting two generals from one child - obviously the husband could then be a general too.

I haven't been able to find any mod-able file that contains male/female birth ratio, and due to some comments in the offical R:TW forums i think it's hard-coded at 50/50 chance of male or female.
    However if you want to change/add names for generals then it's:
    descr_names.txt
    You can add models generals in:
    descr_character.txt
    I think you can also add faces in the \data\models_strat\ but i'm not positive.
    In this way you can kinda have female generals, but your daughters will still be regular daughters and not characters. Personally i think if both male and female children became characters than your family will be huge, espeically if the women can also marry and you get another general.

Quote Originally Posted by DragoonXXIV
    Personally i think if both male and female children became characters than your family will be huge, espeically if the women can also marry and you get another general.
    Yeah, that's a good point. Anyway it would still be so great to have this mod running.

Senior Member Senior Member hoggy's Avatar

Hi folks, sorry about lack of screenshot postings for a few days, as i pointed out earlier I'm a bit tied down til next week. Should have some good stuff then though.

Brimston3 - I've not quite sorted out the exact setup of the factions yet, alot will depend on gameplay and moddability.

Saranlos - No you're right I won't be having guns (although the chinese may have one or two crazy firework cannon things)

Sad Ronin - glad you like it, good to see you again! I've not had time to start on architecture yet but it's definitely something i want to mod.

Kendonosensei - good to hear from another northener, some top ideas there. I'm hoping to add more units once the base units are done, I like the idea of female generals if it turns out to be moddable and doesn't break gameplay.

Demonarchangel - cheers for the link.

more soon

Good god Hoggy, this concept is looking brilliant. I would love to help in any way I can, and there are many. Here's my skills:

Very good at 3ds max for
    Modelling, animating (learning it, just need to get acquainted with the Rome TW bone system)
    and Unwrapping

I can texture to some degree in Photoshop, but I'm still learning texture work in PS, so you may have to help me with some.

I can also write storylines, or history work.

If you would like to have some graphical help on Blue Lotus, respond here, or contact my via MSN Antwawn@hotmail.com. I've worked on several mods, especially for the Battlefield franchise, so Rome shouldn't be too much of a change.

Here's some recent game models:

I did the textures on that last one too

Antwawn, let me guess, you made those models for battlefield!!

And hoggy, great mod and thank you for helping me out on the 3D modelling tread!
    ~A good commander do not need to take risks, he merely waits for his foe to do so

a room with a hole in the side for air and food and a computer on the other side.

Brilliant Glad to hear that guns wont be in the mod, And the chinese having crazy rocket firework things would be brilliant. I cant wait for this mod to come out and have you a rough idea of when you will finish it.
    and if its just you making this mod brilliant artistic work and models.
    (im learning myself at the moment and know how long it takes to get a model up and running, So how did you do these so fast???) anyway BRILLIANT work hope to see more screenshots soon.
    HELP CITADEL TOTAL WAR USE THE LINK BELOW

CITADEL TOTAL WAR: A modification for Rome Total War

Antwawn - top models there, I've yet to work out a work plan but I'll be in touch at a later date when I've worked out how much there is to do.

Saranlos - cheers, not really sure about an end date yet, I'm currently working on this on my own as a hobby project. I've been a games artist for seven years (hence the speed) but started modding in the evening recently as the games I was working on required little or no artwork. I'm just using it as a release for pent up creativity but it's an extra bonus if people enjoy the result .

Here are a couple more units: Kamikaze units modelled loosly on the character from the seven samurai and Elite Swordsmen:
    edit: link temporarily removed - hoggy
    Last edited by hoggy; 01-25-2005 at 14:25.

Red face Re: Blue Lotus: Total War

I can see seven years of experience, especially in the speed and the texture work, nice job. Do you have an MSN where I can let you assign me a model, or do you just want to PM me?

Looks great with those last too, keep it up!

very cool job hoggy
    Death is the only true in life

Keep it coming, hoggy. I hope that you're getting people to help you out. It would be awful if you crashed and burned!

can you tell me when is this mod is going to come out hoggy???? and good jobs man

thank you

(Insert innuendo here) Member Balloon Bomber Champion DemonArchangel's Avatar

Dude hoggy, i told you, elite swordsmen=kengou.
    Quote Originally Posted by Louis VI the Fat View Post
    China is not a world power. China is the world, and it's surrounded by a ring of tiny and short-lived civilisations like the Americas, Europeans, Mongols, Moghuls, Indians, Franks, Romans, Japanese, Koreans.

GREAT work Hoggy, eagerly anticipating your mod

Cool Re: Blue Lotus: Total War

Im just adding an opinion here, but I think that Hoggy's original concept, with a few added embellishments would fit perfectly with the half realistic, half fictitious feel of this mod that seems to draw everyone's attention. A slightly, or even non-modified map of Eastern Asia could suit with Japan and China in their normal places, and the Demons serving as invaders from the north (which characterized much of actual Chinese and Japanese history). The gods could be in the middle, as hoggy mentioned, probably in northwest China, or even Korea, which would set them off from the battle areas, but still in the middle of the three. I was thinking, however, that each faction could have a or many patron gods which support their faction and serve as the Senate. This would not be too far from popular folklore, now that I think of it, from the Classical era, in which the gods stayed north and away from the Greeks and Trojans; while some supported the Greeks and others the ill-fated Trojans.

Just an idea..

Here are a couple of cavalry archer units, japanese archers and Tengu camel archers:

OMFG those camels are gods work!!!!!
    They are officially IMO the coolest units so far!!
    ~A good commander do not need to take risks, he merely waits for his foe to do so

Guy's let not rush hoggy, he's doing a fantastic job already so it'll be done when it's done. The last thing i want to see for this mod is an unbalanced and unpolished version rushed to fans, especially considering how good the models and concepts are.

I do have one question for hoggy though, i thought that tengu were supposed to be master swordsmen and they had fans of giant wings, any reason why you decided to make them mounted archers. That aside i still think it's a cool unit.

how good are the cavarly archers going to be in the game? will they be primarly ranged or will they have a desent melee attack too? back in RTW i never ever build cavarly archers. will you change this? they absolutly suck in RTW. btw they look &%$#ing awesome also, will there be any kind of secondary arrows types for the archers like the archers did in RTW with the fire?

Hoggy, I looked into this mod about the first day this thread was started, then fell away from checking up on it, for which I am sorry....This is looking simply amazing, I am astonished at what you have done, I personally would like to thank you for your work, and say good luck.

Lol Brimstone you are crazy to say horse archers suck, play alittle more as the Scythians unbeatable faction except maybe by Egypt.

Here are Elephants ridden by red kappa units and Yari Cavalry units (grey horses):

... and a Hero Ronin unit:

Senior Member Senior Member Duke John's Avatar

You are overdoing it, hoggy. If you still have any bit of compassion left, please stop make such gorgeous models, it will make R:TW and the other mods look bad.

Haha lol. Yea, I've been looking for a mod, since hoggy can hold his own with this one, to join, and none are even comparable in graphic quality.

Hoggy......please.......don't........burn........out

man this mod gets better like so fast it is awesome. I cant wait you know I can own you all online lol
    Frozen Fire Clan :: Check it out! Multigaming clan. If for anything just open the page and close it so our hitcounter will count you.

Crikey Hoggy, you do this in your spare time just to relax? I'd love to see the work you do that you get paid for!

BTW, has CA contacted you with a job offer yet?

Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast