Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Europa Barbarorum Status

American since 2012 Senior Member AntiochusIII's Avatar

Default Re: Europa Barbarorum Status

Well, he (and me, and many others) don't count the 1.1 as a real patch since it is more of a 'quick fix' than a patch.

Unless you say there's 1.3 patch out it's still one real patch for this superb game of extreme complexity. Even now there are heavy issues that have not been solved, and really needs a patch. Bugs are supposed to be solved by patches and not expansions. Damn, I hate Activision. Let's just hope Sega is something different...

EB needs to create new factions! I'm gonna protest now...

Not Just A Name; A Way Of Life Member Sarcasm's Avatar

which ones do you think should be included?

We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars

-- Oscar Wilde

Wait a second. What's all this about an expansion?

Not Just A Name; A Way Of Life Member Sarcasm's Avatar

Just a supposition.

If RTW follows the same pattern that STW and MTW followed....it will have 2 Patches (already does), then an expansion, and then a couple more patches.

We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars

-- Oscar Wilde

All the hubbub is about...nothing at all? If there's another patch, there's another patch. I must be missing something.

Creator of the Medmod for M:TW Member WesW's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasm
    Just a supposition.

If RTW follows the same pattern that STW and MTW followed....it will have 2 Patches (already does), then an expansion, and then a couple more patches.
    I seem to remember a developer's post a couple of years ago on the subject of patches, and iirc, he said that the publisher required them to provide extensive documentation and conduct extensive playtesting on multiple computer systems before they could release it as an "official" patch, essentially the same requirements as for the initial release the game itself.
    Therefore, extensive man-hours must be invested in jumping through mandated hoops for the publisher, making it too expensive to release patches unless they address critical issues with game stability, or an extensive list of bugs severe enough to significantly impact sales. This sucks, but unfortunately it's a fact of life in the software industry, and particularly the game industry.
    Wes Whitaker's Total Modification site:

i have changed this post coz i did reasearch fo my own and found u have messed it up and read my other post to see wat i think.
    Last edited by cunobelinus; 06-03-2005 at 12:28.
    "Do you have blacks, too?" —to Brazilian President Fernando Cardoso, Washington, D.C., Nov. 8, 2001
    "Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."
    —Washington, D.C., Aug. 5, 2004
    "I want you to know. Karyn is with us. A West Texas girl, just like me."
    —Nashville, Tenn., May 27, 2004

how stupid george bush is !

graduated non-expert Member jerby's Avatar

they dont add factions, due to hardcoding issues. they are just replacing them: numidia will be represented by rebels and Bactria will be added

I would like to help on EB development!
    How can I do it?

Fabio

EB insanity coordinator Senior Member khelvan's Avatar

Please send me a PM letting me know how you think you can help us.

Cheers,

-khel
    Cogita tute

Well, this modification is looking quite astounding. Absolutely spectacular screenshots, I might add. I will most certainly be monitoring the progress closely. And I am definitely looking forward to the release. Good work, gentlemen

Regards.
    "The ink of the scholar is more holy than the blood of the martyr."

I only defended myself and the honor of my family” - Nazanin

All You Modders.
    Please, please make installation easier. Writing silly little explanations where one has to read the files is not good enough, especially for us who are not IT experts and who only want to try your mod on our systems. Surely with all the brains out there someone could write an installation file for all you modders to use in your own mod therefore making it simple and easy for us “no brains” to install without the crashing and reinstalling that results. If the purpose of mods is for the general enjoyment of all then please understand the frustration we endure trying to get it right. If you want the praise for your work, and in most cases it is excellent, then encourage, rather than discourage, us to install without mishaps, that is describe the process in detail or use a simple installation procedure like the original or RTR. For example I have 24 readme’s for 24 mods and not one has the same installation instructions or in most cases which version the mod is suitable for, and, some of these have the version suitability buried deep inside a mass of files. This is not a moan for moaning’s sake but a plea for us who have experienced the pleasure of adding new life to the game. If it wasn’t for you guys our RTW would be lying on a shelf as done and dusted, so keep up the great work but please make it easier for us in your plans.
    Yours,
    basics.

I believe the EB team have already stated that the mod will come with an installer. So no worries!
    The Xaxifaxiphrataxis: The Whores With The Most Armour!

Balloon:

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasm
    Just a supposition.

the expansion is confirmed. and i can live with it. the more concerning part is the "couple more patches"

Quote Originally Posted by hellenes
    Iomenea

If you look at the pathetic "egyptian" faction you will see that the problem here isnt the amount of time or money but the allocation of it...
    All that effort of making up fantasy units, skinning them, making the models the making up and writing of descriptions, names and balancing them could have gone to a different direction like the AI or other factions... Was it that hard to simply merely copy the Seleucid battleline and make other factions richer...
    This mod will prove that when you want to enlighten the population you can do it but only without the publisher imposed Hollywood darkness...

Hellenes
    Hear! Hear!.

I'll drink to that!

Our end product will be historically accurate enough to be used in the classroom as an educational tool. The campaign will be both an extremely fun experience and full of information geared toward introducing new persons to the rich history of the factions of the classical age.

i do not agree that u have made it more historically acurrate i belive u have made less historically accurate and the units name in the orignal game are histoically accurate and u changed them wen there is no need. i have information in book and of the internet that proves that. i think u just want to mess around with game with no really looking at the real evidenceof history i agree u have done a good job but u havent looked at all the history and have made many mistakes.
    "Do you have blacks, too?" —to Brazilian President Fernando Cardoso, Washington, D.C., Nov. 8, 2001
    "Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."

Littlegannon, if you think that...you're hideously misinformed.
    Last edited by Lord Tomyris Reloaded; 06-03-2005 at 13:11.
    EB TEAM MEMBER

EB EXPECTS THAT EVERY MAN WILL DO HIS DUTY

Quote Originally Posted by littlegannon
    i have information in book and of the internet that proves that.
    Wow, do post this information and the name of the book, I know they'll be interested in it.
    Epistolary Richard's modding Rules of Cool
    Cool modders make their mods with the :mod command line switch
    If they don't, then Cool mod-users use the Mod Enabler (JSGME)
    Cool modders use show_err
    Cool modders use the tutorials database Cool modders check out the Welcome to the Modding Forums! thread Cool modders keep backups Cool modders help each other out

Wandering Historian Member eadingas's Avatar
    Llanfairpwll- gwyngyll- gogerych- wyrndrobwll- llantysilio- gogogoch

Damnit guys, he's onto us. Yes, I think it's time to admit it - we've made it all up.
    I'm still not here

Yeh...I had my doubts when I found out what you'd called the new faction...I mean get it right, it's Bartix not Baktria dammit!!!
    EB TEAM MEMBER

EB EXPECTS THAT EVERY MAN WILL DO HIS DUTY

Quick everyone, get ready to write this down! Apparently modern English was in use several thousand years before we thought, during the time of the Romans! I mean, come on, "Agryapidsesadsdad" or whatever, everyone knows that they were known by the ancient Greek phrase: "Guys with pikes"

And Bunnginaz, or something? We should call him: "Hairy chap with a bow" All in the name of historical accuracy, right?

Boise, Idaho - The EB offices have been officially cleared out and many members were photographed fleeing the building with large stacks of comic books and DVD copies of Xena trailing behind them. No actual books have been found, save an obscenely overdue copy of "Alexander the Great and the Mystery of the Mummy's Ghost". The only EB member available to answer questions was a certain "eadingas", whose car had been bootlocked in front of the building. He was unable to catch a ride with any of the other members, whose vehicles were rumored to have been loaded down with numerous live monkeys. Apparently the animals were chained to typewriters in the EB studios and were forced to hit their keyboards all day until sufficiently bizarre names were produced for EB factions and units. More sordid details may follow.

Father of the EB Isle Member Aymar de Bois Mauri's Avatar
    Staring West at the setting sun, atop the Meneltarma

Quote Originally Posted by Teleklos Archelaou
    Boise, Idaho - The EB offices have been officially cleared out and many members were photographed fleeing the building with large stacks of comic books and DVD copies of Xena trailing behind them. No actual books have been found, save an obscenely overdue copy of "Alexander the Great and the Mystery of the Mummy's Ghost". The only EB member available to answer questions was a certain "eadingas", whose car had been bootlocked in front of the building. He was unable to catch a ride with any of the other members, whose vehicles were rumored to have been loaded down with numerous live monkeys. Apparently the animals were chained to typewriters in the EB studios and were forced to hit their keyboards all day until sufficiently bizarre names were produced for EB factions and units. More sordid details may follow.
    LOLOLOLOL

Father of the EB Isle Member Aymar de Bois Mauri's Avatar
    Staring West at the setting sun, atop the Meneltarma

Quote Originally Posted by littlegannon
    i do not agree that u have made it more historically acurrate i belive u have made less historically accurate and the units name in the orignal game are histoically accurate and u changed them wen there is no need. i have information in book and of the internet that proves that. i think u just want to mess around with game with no really looking at the real evidenceof history i agree u have done a good job but u havent looked at all the history and have made many mistakes.
    And this one... ...no comments...

Quote Originally Posted by Teleklos Archelaou

I found this.."The EB scandal is far worse then it seems. The monkeys were used mostly for the units, the names of the factions are really hypnotic alien codes that are designed to put the player into a trance that will force them to 'donate' huge amounts of money to the EB team. When one EB member was corned by reporters on the third story floor of a building he jumped screaming out of a window to his death"

more to come...

Egomaniac sexpert Member Dux Corvanus's Avatar

Quick everyone, get ready to write this down! Apparently modern English was in use several thousand years before we thought, during the time of the Romans!
    Actually, thureoporoi comes from ancient English, "Thou art porous", in clear allusion to the drinking capacity of such troops. Other equivalences:

Argyraspid= "Are you rapid?" (Because they were so feared)

Tsorim= "Sore I'm" (Punic underwear was very rough)

Arche Seleukeia= "Hark! Sell ur kajak!" (Because of boat trade in the Sirian coast)

Sweboz= "Swede booze" (Germans bought alcohol in the far north)

Baktria= "Bacteria" (Bio war is unfortunately an ancient matter)

And so, and so... An they say we're misinformed...

WHAHAHHA, great Sig dux. great

have copied and pasted your names for some factions into Google and nothing comes up
    Tsorim - fake
    Sweboz - fake
    Aediu (Gaul) is real
    i admit some of it is true but most of it isnt the game before was very true to history other than parthia that isnt they were fether over .i think that u have a done a good job expanding but it aint true some of it adn u should change it to make it true to history !

To be fair, littlegannon has a point.

I have searched:
    Tsorim Carthaginians Phoenecians
    Sweboz (I don't have the characters, but I copied and pasted from the thread) Ancient Germanic tribe
    into Google.com and nothing came up. What sources were you using to find out the the Carthaginian people were called this? I'm sure there would be some information on the Internet regarding there ancient names but I couldn't find any.

I'm not denying that EB is good, because it is and I look forward to it. I also respect the modders for all the work they have selflessly put in, I'm just enquiring your sources.

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast