Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Tools: Unit and Building Editors: Caligula & Hadrian

Default Re: Unit and Building Editors: Caligula & Hadrian

Awesome work GodsPetMonkey!

Can you help out out a little with the batch? I can't seem to do a batch on lowering Primary/Sec. Weapon "Hit Strength." I'd like to reduce it.

What I tried doing was:

Category: Infantry:
    Search: Type ...... String: Hit Strength
    Attribute: PriWeap Unknown
    Effect: /
    By Amount: 2

I tried other several combinations but no luck. Can you help?

Altogether quite not there! Member GodsPetMonkey's Avatar

Another UI fix to add to the list!

Ok, the attrib you want (in the batch list) is MinimumDelay, then it should work fine!
    Caligula and Hadrian - Unit and Building editors for Rome: Total War.
    Now editing -
    export_descr_unit.txt, export_descr_unit_enums.txt, export_units.txt, descr_model_battle.txt
    export_descr_buildings.txt, export_descr_buildings_enums.txt, export_buildings.txt

Quote Originally Posted by GodsPetMonkey
    Another UI fix to add to the list!

Ok, the attrib you want (in the batch list) is MinimumDelay, then it should work fine!
    Thanks! Somehow I tried to half the value and tried doing / by 2 but didn't work so I did a * by .5 which is the same the result and it worked.

The Philosopher Duke Member Suraknar's Avatar

hello GPM, thnak you for the continued devellopment of these two tools.

I have a small Question.

Would there be a way to Give a faction a Building Contruction Bonus using Hadrian?

lets say one would like to shorten the time for a buildiing to be constructed on a per faction basis, any Ideas as to how this could be done?

As it is, if the Construction Time is changed for a specific Building then all the factions able to make that Building will be affected, yet I would like to represent a bit the Architectural prowess of some Factions.

Is there a way to input some sort of Bonus/Modifier that affects that?

Thank you!
    Duke Surak'nar
    "Η ΤΑΝ Η ΕΠΙ ΤΑΣ"
    Traveled to: Over 70 Countries, most recent: and

~ Ask not what modding can do for you, rather ask what you can do for modding ~
    ~ Everyone dies, not everyone really fights ~

Not to my knowledge, no, the similar effect which you got from the wonder is hardcoded IIRC.
    Now editing -
    export_descr_unit.txt, export_descr_unit_enums.txt, export_units.txt, descr_model_battle.txt
    export_descr_buildings.txt, export_descr_buildings_enums.txt, export_buildings.txt

as for the bonus to building construction time...i have found a file that lists all the available capabilities for buildings it is located in the data/text/strat.txt file

i have tested it...but,cannot seem to get it to work...the good thing is it doesn't make the game CTD when i put it in the export buildings.txt file....it seems to recognize the bonus...but...it doesn't seem to do anything

{SMT_CAPABILITY_CONSTRUCTION_COST_BONUS_MILITARY} Military construction cost reduction
    {SMT_CAPABILITY_CONSTRUCTION_COST_BONUS_RELIGIOUS} Religious construction cost reduction
    {SMT_CAPABILITY_CONSTRUCTION_COST_BONUS_DEFENSIVE} Defensive construction cost reduction
    {SMT_CAPABILITY_CONSTRUCTION_COST_BONUS_OTHER} Civil construction cost reduction
    {SMT_CAPABILITY_CONSTRUCTION_TIME_BONUS_MILITARY} Military construction time reduction
    {SMT_CAPABILITY_CONSTRUCTION_TIME_BONUS_RELIGIOUS} Religious construction time reduction
    {SMT_CAPABILITY_CONSTRUCTION_TIME_BONUS_DEFENSIVE} Defensive construction time reduction
    {SMT_CAPABILITY_CONSTRUCTION_TIME_BONUS_OTHER} Civil construction time reduction

can somebody please give me instruction on how to use these two programs to give existing units and buildings to factions that couldn't build them before? because i am a bit stupid and dont know how to use them correctly

Sweat Tools!
    Hi The Lords Skinner Here

The Philosopher Duke Member Suraknar's Avatar

Ahh, Thank you anyways GPM,

And OranjeJulius thank you for pointing towards that file, will do some trials and repport back :)
    Duke Surak'nar
    "Η ΤΑΝ Η ΕΠΙ ΤΑΣ"
    Traveled to: Over 70 Countries, most recent: and

~ Ask not what modding can do for you, rather ask what you can do for modding ~
    ~ Everyone dies, not everyone really fights ~

Hi , i am Dave from belguim and i gave a question ,
    i have read possible all the treads regarding making/editing units but i can't still figure out how to do it .
    I want to make the chariots and some other units in RTW available in the campaign game to make and train .
    I gave tried it with calgula and hadrian and all of the tips i find here and on other site regarding these topics .
    It works for the custom battles but not in the campaign game , RTW always crashes when i trie to make them availeable
    What am i doing wrong ? since i see images of new/edited units by other people i have followtevery step of the manuals in hadrian and caligula and still i wont work , can somebody help me please and by any chance direct me or tell me iff these manuals also come in dutch , because my english isn't that good

a big thanks add advance

Shaidar Haran Senior Member SAM Site Champion Myrddraal's Avatar

Welcome to the forums devlaamseleeuw

To make them availiable on the campaign map you should be editing the building file... Is this what you've been trying?

yes i tried every thing like the manual discribes with the example of the shoemaker and shoe shop but i can't seem them tho work in the campaign

Shaidar Haran Senior Member SAM Site Champion Myrddraal's Avatar

send me your unit and building text file to the.mad.toad@gmail.com, please PM when u've sent them and tell me the name of the unit. I'll have a look.

GPM I am in dire need of your guides, so I can use those very sweet tools of yours to shape up the Greek unit lineup the way I want it, but apparently they are unavailable (http 404 etc. when I click on the links). Could you please send them to me via e-mail? young_frankie (at) yahoo.com is the address.

Thank you, thank you, thank you!
    When the going gets tough, the tough shit their pants

The links should work fine.....
    Now editing -

Question Re: Unit and Building Editors: Caligula & Hadrian

hello, i have a problem with your program i cant figure out. when i open up the caligula program, the first step i cant do, because it does not list anything. its just blank, i cant pick from any units or categories becuz there is nothing there at all. the lil triangle is grey, and i cant pick from a number of units r anything. help me please
    ~XXdeftonesXX
    "We may not be the biggest band in the world, but we are the baddest."
    -Chino Moreno

ok a few things

1 i see you figured out what the "unknown" is that is always 25, hit speed. is lower on that higher, or higher higher?

2 i really don't get the deal with hit strength and attack, ect. they both seem to be the same, but whats the difference? can someone clear that up for me?

3 how do i change what the name of the unit's name is on the battlefield and in the unit selections?

sry for the basic questions, im a bit unexpierenced in modding.

also, my bottons that say "add new unit" "add blank unit" and "remove unit" i cant click, its like there not there ether. i can open a unit's data, and open model data, but those things for sum reason i cant click on at all. theyre jus grey...
    ~XXdeftonesXX
    -Chino Moreno

Quote Originally Posted by XXdeftonesXX
    also, my bottons that say "add new unit" "add blank unit" and "remove unit" i cant click, its like there not there ether. i can open a unit's data, and open model data, but those things for sum reason i cant click on at all. theyre jus grey...
    ~XXdeftonesXX
    You have to open the file to edit before you can start editing.

Click "Open Unit Data", select your export_descr_unit.txt, then you can edit away.

Quote Originally Posted by Etwmodders
    ok a few things

1 i see you figured out what the "unknown" is that is always 25, hit speed. is lower on that higher, or higher higher?

2 i really don't get the deal with hit strength and attack, ect. they both seem to be the same, but whats the difference? can someone clear that up for me?

3 how do i change what the name of the unit's name is on the battlefield and in the unit selections?

sry for the basic questions, im a bit unexpierenced in modding.
    1. I believe lower is better, but I don't know for sure.

2. My understanding of hit strength is its likeliness of a successful hit causing the loss of a hit point, 1 being always.

3. In RTW this is handled in a separate file. Go into the [Enums] tab, and press "Open Descr", select the file (located in RTW/data/text) and then edit the title of the first item in the descriptions box.
    Now editing -

Thumbs down Re: Unit and Building Editors: Caligula & Hadrian

thank u so much :D
    ~XXdeftonesXX
    -Chino Moreno

Man I can't even put the files in /windows/system32 because I don't know where it is! Haha . Also, I can't see any unit files or modle files. Hmmm? Help appreciated. Cheers!

Talking Re: Unit and Building Editors: Caligula & Hadrian

yeah i also cant find where my file is that i made. i made a unit of spartan hoplites with spears and bows instead of pikes and swords, except i cant seem to find it... i jus flat out dont know where it is...lol where do the files go???

also, for the guy above:
    i had the same trouble, go to:
    1my computer
    2local disk
    3windows files
    4look around on the bottom files, there will be a folder entitles "system32"
    5copy and paste the files that u downloaded into this folder
    6fool around with programs

~XXdeftonesXX
    -Chino Moreno

Man I still can't see the files. I'll open the Data/models_unit or whatever it is and its totally blank. So is EVERY other folder! I'm sure I'm not the only one that think thats up.

and i made a text file of my units n building, but it dusnt appear in the game..can i have help on that?? pleasE??
    ~xxdeftonesxx
    -Chino Moreno

I changed the legion barracks so that I can build it when my settlement is a large town. The option showed up in the game but it refused to build. My building time is 0 turns.What have I done wrong?Any help given is appreciated.
    "Cry 'Havoc'! Let loose the dogs of war!" Shakepeare-Juilus Caesar

Exclamation Re: Unit and Building Editors: Caligula & Hadrian

my god!!! i get it all now!! thank u for making this program :D
    ~XXdeftonesXX
    -Chino Moreno

Please!!!!!!!!! Anyone,help!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PotatoChip
    Man I still can't see the files. I'll open the Data/models_unit or whatever it is and its totally blank. So is EVERY other folder! I'm sure I'm not the only one that think thats up.
    I'm not sure on what your problem is... this editor does deal with anything in the unit_models directory.

Quote Originally Posted by rome
    I changed the legion barracks so that I can build it when my settlement is a large town. The option showed up in the game but it refused to build. My building time is 0 turns.What have I done wrong?Any help given is appreciated.
    Refused to build? If its in the build menu, then it should build fine.
    Last edited by GodsPetMonkey; 04-29-2005 at 11:26.
    Now editing -

Quote Originally Posted by GodsPetMonkey
    I'm not sure on what your problem is... this editor does deal with anything in the unit_models directory.

Refused to build? If its in the build menu, then it should build fine.

But it does nothing, It just stays in the queue. The construction report did not show the barracks

one time, i made my enums for a unit, and saved and quit. the next time i opened my data, and the enums were not there when i oppenend them. did i do something wrong, or is this supposed to happen?

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast