Page 1 of 24 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: HAIL New Members! (Introductions)

Master of Few Words Senior Member KukriKhan's Avatar

Default HAIL New Members! (Introductions)

Welcome to the Org!

Use this thread to introduce yourself to the rest of our membership (and check out how your avatar & sig look).

I am KukriKhan, Entrance Hall Moderator, and member of the Org since 2000. I live in southern California, USA, and work for the US federal government.

Who are you?
    Be well. Do good. Keep in touch.

Default Re: HAIL New Members! (Introductions)

Hello all,

Just found my old account

Thank's Kukri

Welcome back m8! -Kukri
    Last edited by KukriKhan; 10-30-2004 at 16:55.

Feel-good Berserker Member Havard's Avatar

Hi there :)

I'm Havard. I joined in January after getting M:TW, but never posted... I just got R:TW now and is enjoying it...

A very few might also know me as Admin over at the Paradox Entertainemnt forums - I see a few familiar nicks here...

Mod Note: welcome m8! Good to have an experienced Admin aboard! - Kukri
    Last edited by KukriKhan; 11-02-2004 at 04:51.

Hello all.

I am BobTheTerrible. I had used the name Clownmite here before, but due to a weird account mix up (and a lot of help from KukriKhan) I'm now Bob, the Terrible!

Mod Note: Welcome back! Glad we could sort your problem. - Kukri
    Last edited by KukriKhan; 11-02-2004 at 04:52.
    If cockroaches can survive nuclear fallout, then what's in a can of RAID?

Feel-good Berserker Member Havard's Avatar

Now, that sounds terrible!

What did I do? Member Lonewarrior's Avatar

Hi all I'm Lonewarrior. Been here for a while, so I'm not new but since I did not do a proper intro on my first day at the org, well I'm doing it now. I hope to see you all on mp.

Mod Note: Welcome again Lonewarrior, and thanks for all your help around here! - Kukri
    Last edited by KukriKhan; 11-02-2004 at 04:55.
    "Never rely on the glory of the morning nor the smiles of your mother-in-law."-Japanese Proverb

Harlequeen here, long time gamer. Played and loved SP S:Tw, M:TW, MTWVI
    Now playing R:TW between the distractions of real life. Been a lurker around here for a while.

Frostbeasteggs guides are incredible, and she deserves much kudos for them.

Mod Note: Howdy Harlequeen! We're glad you de-lurked and decided to contribute here. You'll find few arguments here about FbEgg's skills. - Kukri
    Last edited by KukriKhan; 11-02-2004 at 05:03.

As General, leading the Army!!! Santa Fe - Argentina

Hello Everybody!!! Im San Martin de Argentina. The people also know me as Pancho. I live in Argentina, in the Santa Fe provence. Here is The Pampa. Is the lando of the Good Meat and Good Wine.
    A pair of words for some people:
    1) Kukri: THANKS!!!!!!!!! (for all)(im short in words)
    2) Froggy: Be patient for the translations of the guides, i have a lot of job.
    3) All people with R:TW Instalation Problems: juajuajuajau!!!!! Be patient. Don't lose the faith.
    4) For all people: MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU!!!!!!!

Mod Note: iHOLA! again mi amigo! Glad we could help. And 'muchas gracias' for all your assistance here. - kukri
    Last edited by KukriKhan; 11-02-2004 at 05:05.
    Im back!!!

Hello. :)

I've been a member for a little over a year. I signed up when I got MTW, and have lurked around every once in a while sinse. I'm quite interested in the history Rome: Total War represents, and am still enjoying the game just about everyday.

Mod Note: Great Salfin - you'll find (if your haven't already) hundreds of history-minded kindred souls around here. We're glad you 'uncloaked'. -Kukri

p.s. Love your sig. Big Gibran fan for 40 years here. -Kukri
    Last edited by KukriKhan; 11-04-2004 at 15:10.
    In the depth of your hopes and desires
    lies your silent knowledge of the beyond;
    And like seeds dreaming beneath the snow
    your heart dreams of spring.

Kahlil Gibran

Urwendur Ûrîbêl Senior Member Mouzafphaerre's Avatar

-
    Welcome Salfin!
    _
    Ja mata Tosa Inu-sama, Hore Tore, Adrian II, Sigurd, Fragony

Mouzafphaerre is known elsewhere as Urwendil/Urwendur/Kibilturg...

(poke, poke)

Hullodidalo all. ! 4/\/\ n00b 50 pl_3453 d0|\|7 8!73.

Love the game just one question at the moment how do you put up a custom avatar . . . (cries like a baby)

Mod Note: h3110 Bad, welcome to the Org. We have over 300 game-related avatars to choose from. - I'm sure one of them will suit your personality and tastes. Good to have you aboard! - Kukri
    Last edited by KukriKhan; 11-03-2004 at 04:31.

One Knight Stand Member Spartakus's Avatar

Lo, I'm Spartakus. Or at least that's been my online nick for some years now.

I'm 20 years old, living in Norway, studying medieval history at the University of Oslo.

I've only recently signed up on this forum, though I've been browsing ever since I bought MTW.

Mod Note: Greetings and Salutations, Spartakus! Welcome to the Org! Your input on things Medieval and historical will be appreciated here. - Kukri
    Last edited by KukriKhan; 11-03-2004 at 04:36.
    Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum viditur.

Urwendur Ûrîbêl Senior Member Mouzafphaerre's Avatar

-
    Welcome BAD and Spartakus,

Custom avatars are not supported here, but you will be able to select one from the gallery as your rank goes up (member) AFAICT.

Hth!

Many Thanks for the greetings assist, Mouzafphaerre, respected Member. New people: you could do well to follow Mouzafphaerre's example; helping each other is what we do here.
    _
    Last edited by KukriKhan; 11-03-2004 at 04:45.
    Ja mata Tosa Inu-sama, Hore Tore, Adrian II, Sigurd, Fragony

Mouzafphaerre is known elsewhere as Urwendil/Urwendur/Kibilturg...

Howdy I'm new so hi!

Mod Note: Howdy back atcha AulustheMighty! Welcome to the Org ! With "Howdy" as a greeting, should we assume you're from the American southwest? - Kukri
    Last edited by KukriKhan; 11-03-2004 at 04:41.

Quote Originally Posted by Lonewarrior
    Hi all I'm Lonewarrior. Been here for a while, so I'm not new but since I did not do a proper intro on my first day at the org, well I'm doing it now. I hope to see you all on mp.

Mod Note: Welcome again Lonewarrior, and thanks for all your help around here! - Kukri
    My post has been hacked help.........oh wait.....ahh now I see, thanks Kukri.

Heh Lonewarrior; just trying to save a bit of space and bandwidth. - Kukri

Edit: Its cool i was just playing
    Last edited by Lonewarrior; 11-03-2004 at 17:04.
    "Never rely on the glory of the morning nor the smiles of your mother-in-law."-Japanese Proverb

in green fields, with the sun on my face..

G'day all, I'm Attalus. Australian. Military. Shy. If I win, I'd like to travel and work with children.
    I've been a bit of a Lurker I'm afraid...out of the box now though.

-Attalus-
    Fool me once...shame on you.
    Fool me twice...prepare to die.

LoL; Welcome Attalus to 'TotalWar Idol'; are you a triple-threat (sing, dance and kill Romans)? :) Glad you've spoken up. - Kukri
    Last edited by KukriKhan; 11-03-2004 at 15:05.
    -Attalus-
    Fool me once...shame on you
    Fool me twice...prepare to die

Hello I'm Grumfoss, based in sunny North Wales. Been -playing Total war since the beginning Only recently got RTW - WOW what a game !! I'm very new to this forum (only found it yesterday) but already impressed with all the knowledge being passed onto us newbies.

Mod Note: Hallo Grumfoss welcome to the Org. Wales gets sunshine? Hollywood only ever shows it raining and dark there, LoL. Glad you're enjoying the game. Check the Guides forums for good orientation. -Kukri
    Last edited by KukriKhan; 11-04-2004 at 15:09.
    May the Foss be with you....

welcome to the Org Grumfoss btw Kukri, where do you get the time ti write a personal welcome? even Gregoshi never managed that...

Mod Note: "Always find time to be polite", Mamma Kukri said, LoL. You'd be hard-pressed to find a member who joined from 2002 onwards who wasn't greeted by a Gregoshi . He used to spend entire DAYS in here greeting new people. I merely stand in his shadow. -Kukri
    Last edited by KukriKhan; 11-04-2004 at 14:59.

I am new here too. I've been reading posts and msgs for about a year before joining as a member. There is a great deal of talent and knowledge here, I hope I can contribute.

Mod Note: Howdy Pomerium, we're glad you de-cloaked too. Welcome (belatedly) to the Org - we look forward to your contribution - Kukri
    Last edited by KukriKhan; 11-04-2004 at 15:04.
    Then, Sir, we will give them the bayonet!
    -T.J. Jackson

Unfrequent Visitor Member tombom's Avatar

I never gave a proper introduction when I came...

I'm tombom (real name thomas). I come from south england. I like all things modding and new units in Total war :D.

Mod Note: Delayed Greetings tombom, aka Thomas (both fine names) We note with gratitude your contributions to modding efforts. -Kukri
    Last edited by KukriKhan; 11-04-2004 at 15:08.
    caesar44 is having a system failure Claudius. He no longer has a head, on the count of it exploding. - Wonderland in this thread

Hello everyone, i've played M:TW since it was released, and visited these forum for almost as long, never posted though. i live in sweden and is currently conscripted NCO/Telecommunications technician in the swedish army.
    i am very excited about R:TW being released, but very very disappointed as i cannot play it, exept that quick and custom battles, it is rather frustrating really. i hope activision answers my mail, but it is seems that they are rather swamped by the amount, as a lot of people experience CTD:s and freezes.
    shameless promotion of my post -> http://p223.ezboard.com/fshoguntotal...icID=331.topic

Mod Note: Greetings Cheese Weaver, welcome to the Org some of our members have reported similar "hangs" ; EradoSan (tech guy at TotalWar.com) will likely have some solution for you; but their site is quite busy, and it might take a day or so for him to get to you. In the meantime, I suggest you cross-post that info into our Apothecary forum (if you haven't already). Our guys will have a look, too - and maybe a miracle answer -Kukri
    Last edited by KukriKhan; 11-04-2004 at 15:54.

Member Member Koguryo_hotpocket's Avatar

Hi, I'm cloud from Virgnia.

do ya like hotpocket? it's good for lunch.

Quote Originally Posted by BERSERK_hotpocket
    Hi, I'm cloud from Virgnia.

do ya like hotpocket? it's good for lunch.
    Welcome , and yes I was eating a hotpocket when I was reading your post.

hi this be the 1 and only UnKn0wn...bay area 41510...just cant wait to play this game...hope to see every1 there

Mod Note: Welcome UnKn0wN of San Fransico area (man, those upper/lower case names are tough to type). Hope you enjoy the game and our forum.
    Last edited by KukriKhan; 11-11-2004 at 23:40.

Howdy Sportsfans!
    Bought this in Feb 04 and been hooked ever since. Just joined this forum today and have alot of catching up to do. I've played every faction, but now I want to load the XL mod and do those, as well as apply the great tactics found here to my old factions.
    Cheers, ALL

Bob

Mod Note: Hallo Bobablooie, welcome and thanks for the beer Best of luck with the Mod.
    Last edited by KukriKhan; 11-11-2004 at 23:42.
    “Be convinced that to be happy means to be free and that to be free means to be brave. Therefore do not take lightly the perils of war.”
    - Thucydides, The History of the Peloponnesian War

Enthusiasm does not equal Competence.
    Potential does not equal Capability.

A Barbarian Mercenary Member unseen11's Avatar

Hi everyone, I just got R:TW last week and it's the best, major upgrade from playing M:TW and Viking Invasion, I always came here to read info from more experienced players for MTW but now that R:TW has come out i thought i should join up and ask questions and get answers just like everyone else

Mod Note: Greetings unseen11, and welcome We're glad you've stepped out of the shadows. Feel free to ask any question; our diverse membership has experts in many fields.
    Last edited by KukriKhan; 11-11-2004 at 23:45.

Hi everyone . I'm Morat. Been playing the Total war games since the days of Shogun, and lurking here intermittently for years. Just decided to join the gang a couple of weeks ago. Looking forward to being promoted soon simply to gain the ability to edit posts. I keep making silly mistakes! I haven't seen any restrictions on where I can post these days, which is all for the better if you ask me!

Mod Note: Hi Morat and welcome I see you're not shy about posting :) Good! You'll be on your way to editing bliss soon.
    Last edited by KukriKhan; 11-11-2004 at 23:48.

Hello Everyone. New member here.

I been playing the Total Wars series since Shougn, but RTW is IMO the best. Decided to join the forum to seek advice and give some if I can.

Best Regards.

Mod Note: Hello CrackKills, glad you like the series and could join us other devotees. Seeking and giving advice = good start.
    Last edited by KukriKhan; 11-11-2004 at 23:50.

Rock 'n' Roll Will Never Die Member Axeknight's Avatar

Welcome to all our new members

I remember getting a Gregoshi myself. I can't think of many (if any) other boards where every new member gets greeted by a mod
    Last edited by Axeknight; 11-10-2004 at 23:12. Reason: You have to put a squiggly line in front of the UBB code for smileys

Thumbs down Re: HAIL New Members! (Introductions)

Hello 1st post I been playing series since shogun and live in Florida now but soon will be living in Netherlands. Will help answer any questions I can. I'm a old school gamer and a old fart prolly one of the oldest here (43) ........ well will see if this posts just wanted to try .
    Life is a game ...... So play it!

Page 1 of 24 1234511 ... LastLast