Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Middle Earth: Total War for Rome

Default Re: Middle Earth: Total War for Rome

Many thanks to those who offered their help with this mod. We have found two new people to do the unit graphics, and you can check out some of their work over at the METW forums:
    http://www.metw.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=3168#3168
    Encaitar Arandur

Middle-earth: Total War Dev

This should be deleted.
    Last edited by TigerVX; 12-17-2004 at 09:32.

as should this
    Last edited by Encaitar; 12-17-2004 at 16:06.
    Encaitar Arandur

Some more screenshots of units are up:
    http://www.metw.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=344
    Encaitar Arandur

they look beautiful
    is it just me or are the orcs' heads a little bit out of proportion with their body? besides this its just wow, I dont know how you guys do this but its amazing

damn, you have great artists.

realy butyfull

are there units that you still have to do? it looks preaty finished

Altogether quite not there! Member GodsPetMonkey's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bulten
    http://www.memod.co.uk/

It's some heartbreaking read...
    It is sad indeed.

Seems like some Big Boys don't like us playing with 'their' things.
    I would strongly suggest you consult an Intellectual Property lawyer ASAP, I think the big boys feel threatned if your work competes with one of their licences (eg. BFME) and it's always good to know where you stand before they try anything, make sure you find out about what you can and can't do according to your local laws, if you play it by the book, they wont bother sinking money into a legal endevour that will net them nothing.
    Not that they wont try to scare you!

Actually, I'm surprised there is no discussion about this at your forums.... maybe I just didn't look hard enough.
    Caligula and Hadrian - Unit and Building editors for Rome: Total War.
    Now editing -
    export_descr_unit.txt, export_descr_unit_enums.txt, export_units.txt, descr_model_battle.txt
    export_descr_buildings.txt, export_descr_buildings_enums.txt, export_buildings.txt

I say go for it as soon as you ask you will be told to cease all work. That goes for anyone doing Gamesworkshop mods as well. Just keep working on it and keep it low key. Find one forum to do your discusssing until it is released. Just my perspective. If you ask permission you know exactly what the answer will be. I saw it happen with Doom , Doom 2, and Duke Nukem, Quake , Quake2. Everything is cool until someone decides to ask for permission then, of course, the answer is no because they are not making any money and you are competing with their games they are releasing.They only ones that get released are the ones who do not ask for permission.I have no intention of buying the game they released because I like the Total War series. I would take a different stance if you were going to charge for the mod but this is free, do not make the mistake in contacting them.If they contact you go underground. Do not throw away your hard work. I would like the knights with the winged helms as a unit just to play around with(anyway I could talk you into releasing just that .cas?)
    If you decide to take this underground until completion, do not forget to let me in on the release. 8)

Thomas

Arena Senior Member Crazed Rabbit's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Those units at your website are awesome-they look professionally done. Keep up the good work!

On the positive side of the legal aspect, since the METW for VI hasn't been asked to desist (I think) that bodes well. After all "Anything not explicitly forbidden is allowed." Just keeping it low key (perhaps no stories in PC games magazines?) should help, but I don't really know much about how those drains on society (aka Lawyers) find out about mods. Anyways, the best of luck to you.

Crazed Rabbit
    Ja Mata, Tosa.

The poorest man may in his cottage bid defiance to all the forces of the Crown. It may be frail; its roof may shake; the wind may blow through it; the storm may enter; the rain may enter; but the King of England cannot enter – all his force dares not cross the threshold of the ruined tenement! - William Pitt the Elder

Any progress with the mod? Is there a problem with www.metw.net? Do you know when the mod will be released? Sorry to be so impatient but i've been really looking forward to it.

Sounds awesome! But maybe consider saturating the map colors a bit to make it a bit more fantastic, as in fantasy. It looks too much like the current game to me. And yes, the orks are too green. And to small. Other than that it looks great.

Oh and what is planned for regional mercenaries if anything?

Well maybe if your in the Shire with an army you could get Hobbit mercenaries?

Maybe you could also add some quotes from the Book.

From Gandalf and co. Like this:

Frodo: I wish the ring had never come to me.

Gandalf: So do all who live to see such times. But it's not for them to
    decide. All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you.

Gandalf: The board is set, the pieces are moving.

Gandalf: The great battle of our time is about to begin.

Legolas: The way is shut. It was made by those who are dead. And the dead keep it. The way is shut.

Gollum: My precious....

awesome job guys, i love total war and lord of the rings and im new here. i wish i could help with the designs and stuff but i have no clue about computers. I could help with stories and stuff but it looks like you guys have already figured out where you are going with this and what you want. so i guess ill just be a bystander and cheer you guys on.

This mod looks absolutely awsome! Can't wait to play it...
    I have a few questions though...

1. Are the heroes in the game? Aragorn, Gandalf, Ugluk, The Witchmaster etc?

2. Will each race have different abilities? Like elves have fighting bonus in winter, orcs prefer night battles etc?

I have more but ill take them later =)

Keep up the good work!
    "Isn't it well that war is so terrible, or else we would get too fond of it."
    - Robert E. Lee

No heroes no. The different factions will reflect their particular proficiencies and preferences.
    Encaitar Arandur

Talking Re: Middle Earth: Total War for Rome

New screenshot for the campmap here.
    http://www.metw.net/forum/viewtopic....a07003df9#3314

just here to say that it looks great. You might want to get some ideas from Lord of the Rings Warhammer aswell.

Apart from that doing great

The word i'm looking for is

holyofmymotherofjesusthatsdamngoodhavemuabiesohboyohboysillygoat.

the word i'll use however is

WoW

(Washing out Wendy)

What's going on with the website? I can't get to it. And more importantly, when is it coming back?

No, It says you've exceeded your bandwith....... Hope you'll fix it soon :)
    Bulten of Sweden

To the ME:TW modders,

It still exceeds your bandwidth, so that will probably last until the end of this month (january), in the mean time your website is unavailable.

Meanwhile, I perhaps have an even more beautiful idea for a map than you already have, but i cant reach the site so i cant compare. To whom may i mail this idea, i have a colourful 256x192 24-bits bitmap? (as you know the campaign map can reach a maximum 256x256 squares).
    in montem soli non loquitur

(\_/) (>.<) That's what happens with bunnies
    (x.X)(_)(_) who want to achieve world domination!

becoming is for people who do not will to be

You know, fans are soon desperate enough to make few suicides. Site back online soon?

Considered option on having a website instead of forums?

Dont worry folks, the project is still in full swing. We are having some problems with the forums-which Im sure you've all noticed- and may need to switch hosts as a result, but this isnt a for sure thing yet.
    Meanwhile expect to see quite few screenshots released in the next while as we are on the final phase of unit creation (not much more than spit and polish at this point) and when they are complete we will have some glorious battles to tease you with.

I guess the mod is getting too popular..
    Damn it, because now, the dev forum is unavailable and now my work with max and ronin for the mtw version is frozen until the end of january Damn you fans ! lol stop watching for every news !
    (just kidding, i am just eager to finish the mtw version of the mod as soon as possible)

Quote Originally Posted by Icare83
    Damn it, because now, the dev forum is unavailable and now my work with max and ronin for the mtw version is frozen until the end of january Damn you fans ! lol stop watching for every news !
    (just kidding, i am just eager to finish the mtw version of the mod as soon as possible)
    Can you give us a percentage of how far the development of the MTW version is progressing? 'Cause I look forward to that one for one and a half year or more.

"The custom battle mod is almost complete (some adjustement for 3/4 unit with weapon and shield placement are needed and the last major battlemap is almost done too).
    For the Campaign version, i would give a 70% (most graphic and music are done, but it still need some graphic for buildings and units + some descriptions).

The team for Rome doesn't use the forum. But for mtw, vital infos was stored there, so i have to wait it is online and then i will take down every link or screenshots hosted by metw.net at the player forum that would use the bandwith as i dont want the same pb when the campaign version will be close from its release.

Thank you.

And oh do you already have a man to do the descriptions because if you don't I'd be eager to help you.

Quote Originally Posted by Icare83
    I was actually hoping that you had finished and uploaded the mtw mod and thus exceeded your bandwith :( ;P
    Bulten of Sweden

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast