Thread: "The Last Patch"

Alienated Senior Member Member Red Harvest's Avatar

Default "The Last Patch"

Shogun of CA says this will be the last patch in a thread over at the COM. Keep your fingers crossed. The patch read me looks good overall, but there was so much to do to the battlefield AI...
    Rome Total War, it's not a game, it's a do-it-yourself project.

Default Re: "The Last Patch"

I hope last patch is a good sign meaning the patch will be very thorough. If not well they we are screwed, but I have very high hopes for this patch even more now due to the "last patch" statement because that means they fixed all they could and know about. My fingers are crossed

Otto - They call them fingers, but I've never seen them fing...Oh there they go
    Cool Site

It will be just following the same pattern as MTW. An expansion pack will probably introduce new units and fixes, and make family members die at 56.
    - I'm sorry, but giving everyone an equal part when they're not clearly equal is what again, class?

- Communism!

- That's right. And I didn't tap all those Morse code messages to the Allies 'til my shoes filled with blood to just roll out the welcome mat for the Reds.

Alienated Senior Member Member Red Harvest's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Butcher
    It will be just following the same pattern as MTW. An expansion pack will probably introduce new units and fixes, and make family members die at 56.
    ROTFLMAO Good one!
    Rome Total War, it's not a game, it's a do-it-yourself project.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Harvest
    The patch read me looks good overall, but there was so much to do to the battlefield AI...
    There wasn't much mention of AI apart from suicidal generals and sallying. So I suppose the faster speeds are generally here to stay and probably the lack of tactics as well (ie not flanking much, allowing the player to take the higher ground easily via a 'roundabout' approach, etc).
    It appears probable to me that we will still need an Archery nerf as suggested by yourself and also the slower speeds in RTR mods to curb cavalry. Might want to make weather effects more substantial as well to go along with the fatigue effects that will be enhanced in the patch. But I will replay the campaign again and have a look at a complete readme before making any conclusion.