Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Expansion Feature Wsihlist

Default Re: Expansion Feature Wsihlist

I want that person shot in the face, and replaced with someone who thinks that a deep, close formation should not be spread open so easily.
    Shot in the face, thats the funniest thing ive read on this site

graduated non-expert Member jerby's Avatar

let phalanxes but-pike their spear in ground when beiing charged

robotica erotica Member Colovion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jerby
    let phalanxes but-pike their spear in ground when beiing charged
    Yeah, that would be awesome if any spear unit could do that. For gameplay purposes you'd probably have to make it so that it takes a little time for them to setup in that way - similar to how it takes a little while for the phalanx to get formed, this would be similar but less time. Great idea!

Shouldn't this thread be stickied?
    robotica erotica

i think it would be cool if for an expansion they added more factions, more choices for the landscape on the custom battles, and more historical battels. As far as for the campain i would like it if you could start off with a bigger and stronger army so you can have good battles from the start. it would also be cool if you could caputre slaves and if they had small tribes and villages that you could plunder so u dont have to caputre towns and cities for $$ also it would be cool if you could like burn your enemies food supply and stuff like that.

Magister Vitae Senior Member Kraxis's Avatar

Kraxis' wishlist:

1: Special walls for at the very least the Dacians, Gauls and Spanish, hopefully all barbs. Earthmound (actually layered dirt and wood) with a large wooded wall with a walkway. They had those and they were very resistant to rams.

2: Officers and musicians for all factions. If not in the units directly then at least just to make them moddable so we can get them.

3: More mercs and a bit more variety (for instance more barbarian mercs, maybe a swordunit to accompny the spear unit we have already). The merc system is fine though, so keep it. Cretans to be the strongest archers in the game and make them very sought after by the AI (it seems fitting that the strongest archers are mercs and thus available to all and none at the same time).

4: Regional capitals for advanced factions. Not as good as real capital but cuts 'Distance to capital' in half. 1 or 2 would be fine.

5: Prisoners!!! I want prisoners. Low morale troops should not fight to the death but rather surrender. Mid morale troops (early tech main troops such as warbands and hastati) checked for surrender every 5 seconds of 'fighting to the death'. High morale every 10 seconds, and very high never. Something along those lines.
    Routers that are cut off from retreat surrender, otherwise (if run down from behind) only a portion surrender.
    Prisoners can be sent to nearest governed settlement as slaves, be ransomed or killed (I'm looking forward to letting bandits become my slaves).

6: Glorious Achievements for all factions (even romans).

7: Campaign map replays. PLEASE! We need to brag!

8: Include the other small campaigns (other than the Sons of Mars) that we can find traces of in the various files. Want Alexander short campaign and possibly Phillip short campaign as well.

9: More slots for units and factions.

10: Kill speed slider... Too fast. Along with Run speed slider.

11: Size between Large and Huge (Huge is double Large) with 120 men in normal units. Modded that myself in Preference file and it works perfectly for me.

12: Civil Wars a la MTW.

13: Weaker archers and stronger javelins. Possibly toning down cavalry a bit with fewer men and much higher prices in terms of recruitment and upkeep.

14: When general gets special victorious trait (victor or local hero styled traits) a victory column or arch is errected for him with his name on it. Possibly mention where it is and a small movie?

15: Differentiated cavalry and human populations. Possibly even elite (but that might have a bad impact on certain factions). Both populations should be visible at all times. Certain provinces have more cavalry, others near nothing (Crete, Lakedaimonia or the Brittania quickly comes to mind).

16: Captains armed with a shield when on foot, or banner if in a unit without one such. Just a bigger one than a normal one.

17: More historical battles. Start out with the TC battles that didn't make it, but Zama, Pydna, Magnesia, Plataea, River Sabis (Ceasar's legions in the process of building camp are surprised by Nervii and two other Belgic tribes), Cunaxa and plenty more are good candiates as well.

18: More Horde units. The barbarians are awfully organized it seems. It works greatly with Warbands and Swordsmen in Horde, as are all the low level horse archers (in fact they seem more manageable this way).

19: Give the option of being able to hire bandits (wouldn't they just love to get a bag of money rather than having to fight you). Some units would of course not join you, such as Peasants and various militias. Chance to get units (they are after al bandits so you run the risk that some or all stick it to you and run with the money).

20: Infantry units add to larger ships fighting power.
    Last edited by Kraxis; 02-21-2005 at 19:00.
    You may not care about war, but war cares about you!

The ability for horses and their riders to have seperate hit points. When infantry hack away at the horse, it dies but the rider shouldnt. He should fall of the horse and be shocked, but still be able to continue to fight. THe same applies to a horse charging in spears. First of, it would be cool if the horse would refuse to do something, if it wasn't trained properly, and the rider could be thrown of the horse. Second of all, if the horse did charge, the horse could die but the rider could survive. Sorry if this is unorganized, just a thought.

Lesbian Rebel Member Mikeus Caesar's Avatar

1) Have some faction like the Goths or the Vandals as a RTW version of the Mongol Horde.
    2) Please please please allow battles in ports. It would be very cool to plunder and capture an enemies port. That way you could cut off their trade links, and get a lot of money from pillaging the port.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranika
    I'm being assailed by a mental midget of ironically epic proportions. Quick as frozen molasses, this one. Sharp as a melted marble. It's disturbing. I've had conversations with a braying mule with more coherence.

horse-rider seperation will screw it all up. it will be impossible to controll a unti wich is half inf, half cav.
    and then, when the horse dies, the rider falls of, and mostly be trapped under teh horse, ( in 80% at least one leg). and then. heavy cav riders had very heavy armor and could barely get up if fallen. and most importantly: falling down in de middle of enemy lines will kill you.

horse-rider seperation will screw it all up. it will be impossible to controll a unti wich is half inf, half cav.
    and then, when the horse dies, the rider falls of, and mostly be trapped under teh horse, ( in 80% at least one leg). and then. heavy cav riders had very heavy armor and could barely get up if fallen. and most importantly: falling down in de middle of enemy lines will kill you.
    Indeed... Consider the problems of the cavalry unit actually winning the fight, and is then needed to fight in another place far away. Riders all run off to do the fighting but a few men on the ground are left behind. If the standarbearer happens to be one of them if would ruin the enemy pathing greatly as the enemy units would now try and attack those few guys very far from the actual unit (just like with the dogs but just much more frequent).
    It would be lovely ifthe game somehow could climb this obstacle, but at the moment I would not want this. I would though like for some horses to survive their riders death. They could then run off the map scared and whinnying. Seems only fair as horses often survived. Also this would not demand a new unit only a figure running towards the nearest edge. It could possibly even ruin unit setups (bad news for phalanxes) and so on.

The heavily plate armoured 'Frankish' knights would tend to get caught up in their strirrups and saddle or under their horse, they were perfectly mobile in their armour. Of course, usually your horse dies in the middle of the enemy so getting stuck in your general riding equipment for any amount of time is kind of fatal anyway.

Were ancient heavy cavalrymen in far heavier armour than they would normally be able to wear? I feel sorry for the bloody horses.....
    Love is a well aimed 24 pounder howitzer with percussion shells.

Adittion to Kraxis' Wishlist .

21: Add more speeds to cavalry, possibly infantry too. It is sickening to see Greek Cavalry or Equites run down Numidian Cavalry or Horse Archers, it is even worse to see Cataphracts run as fast as all other heavy cavalry and generals. Because of the lack of differentiated speeds there is close to no reason why anybody should ever train the expensive upkeep unit of Companions when they have a unit that is more powerful, as fast, better armoured (not shot to pieces by archers and can survive heavy impacts with infantry), has AP and ha a much lower upkeep and is of course a rung down the ladder in the techtree.
    At the least give us three speeds. Fast, heavy and cataphract speed. But please add another for medium cavalry so that we can create a unit that is light but not fast (early bad cavalry such as Equites and Greek Cavalry).

Quote Originally Posted by Colovion
    Shouldn't this thread be stickied?
    YES. Attention mods Nelson and Catiline!

CA has to see this or else, all these writings are pointless.

1.ability to create a culture of your own over an amount of time (say fifty years)for example creating a triumvarum(3 faction leaders(sp))incorporate gods of other factions if you have enough of their temples in your empire and so on and so forth
    2.units that come into your building que only after an amount of time (not like the romans replacing your former units but just being added to the que)oh and maybe a way to mod those units with an easy to use editor
    3.civil wars like in mtw
    (sorry for the bad english im belgian you see.....)

.ability to create a culture of your own over an amount of time
    In fact, i would like the ability to create your own faction. You could make a banner for it on some special program that comes with the game, and describe it all, and pick what sort of fraction it will be e.g if you want it to be a roman fraction, then you can make it so. Then, you could have the option of playing it in campaign. But obviously you would have to let another fraction be replaced.

maybe a way to mod those units with an easy to use editor
    Please no!!! If that was included, all the super noobs would start flooding mod sites with their own crappy crazy units!! They would prolly make rainbow cohorts!!! It would be awful!!!
    I'm being assailed by a mental midget of ironically epic proportions. Quick as frozen molasses, this one. Sharp as a melted marble. It's disturbing. I've had conversations with a braying mule with more coherence.

One of the Undutchables Member The Stranger's Avatar

so that's why nobody want to tell me where i can get a CAS editor, well than i won't show you the amazing skins and unit's i have for all of you so better tell it. Everybody deserve a chance and i definitly.

We do not sow.

Quote Originally Posted by Kraxis
    Adittion to Kraxis' Wishlist .
    At the least give us three speeds. Fast, heavy and cataphract speed. But please add another for medium cavalry so that we can create a unit that is light but not fast (early bad cavalry such as Equites and Greek Cavalry).
    This is a good idea.
    'Hannibal had been the victor at Cannae, and as if the Romans had good cause to boast that you have only strength enough for one blow, and that like a bee that has left its sting you are now inert and powerless.'

CAS editor, whats that? does that mean I can get rid of spartan helmets myself? :D :'D

please sticky

i won't show you the amazing skins and unit's i have for all of you so better tell it. Everybody deserve a chance and i definitly.
    Your skins prolly are amazing, but you're just part of the small 10-5% minority that can actually make decent skins. Most people either know how to make them, but go completely overboard and make something that looks like a horrid eyesore, or they haven't done it very well, haven't tested it and then put it up on a website, so some poor scum downloads it, installs it, only to find his game explodes from the utter stupidity.

Shot in the face, thats the funniest thing ive read on this site
    It's not the funniest thing i've read...anyone here remember the 'Roman Snowplows' topic? It went on about radioactive roads and roman mass extinction due to their lead piping. Or does anyone remember the topic in which Eric the Headhurler was made?
    Last edited by Mikeus Caesar; 02-23-2005 at 19:46.

On my wishlist (after the Battle AI that includes some "I" and moves for the computer to reinforce his withdrawing armies) is birds.
    The birds circling in MTW were useful (sometimes) and I see that CA has included the start for bird and deer skeletons. If they could include these so that we could see deer running from the advancing line and birds circling overhead and flying up as a unit disturbs them.

After that, naval battles would be great.

mfberg
    It is not complete until the overwieght female vocalizes.

Pinky : Gee Brain, what do you want to do tonight?
    Brain : The same thing we do every night Pinky. Try to take over the world!

naval battle would suck, is my guess.
    all they did was shooting, entering and ramming. sounds nice, but boredom will be victorious. there is not as much variotion on see as on land

I would like to see
    1. the ability to name and re-name your army and fort, has a history/ record of what has happen to that army eg involved in battle of ... in year... , honor gained etc...
    2. ability to given more title of office to your general and also alowing mod of this, eg commander of northern army. just like in MTW.
    3. solders gain experience not only from fight,but training as well. so if you can train your army in a fort, say over 1-2 years, for example - you can slowlly gain experience.

1. the ability to name and re-name your army and fort,
    Players should be able to start another city once the population hits a certain high cap.

That or at least lower the current inhuman population growth.

Better yet, combine these two so it is fairly rare to found a new settlement.

soldiers should not be able to LOSE experience. hwo do you forget the tricks to save your life?

soldiers should not be able to LOSE experience. hwo do you forget the tricks to save your life?
    They never do. Every man in the unit, or so I've been led to believe, maintains his own experience. The unit card simply shows an averaged level of experience across the whole unit. So if you take a half strong unit of veterans and retrain to give them a bunch of n00bs, the unit experience will of course show a lower level of unit wide experience.

they do. I had a good hastati of 4 and at the end of teh battle there was: experience gained -2. so they do. my general of 5 also lost

they do. I had a good hastati of 4 and at the end of teh battle there was: experience gained -2. so they do. my general of 5 also lost
    You mean that those guys didn't suffer losses?

Did they have men die? If all the experienced men in a unit get binned of course unitwide experience is going to take a dive. I've had the same happen to Chosen Swordsmen.

Another addition to Kraxis' wishlist:

22: Please make a senate office of Dictator.
    A way it could be impletemented: It should only be given as a price for a completed mission. As Dictator you get the ability to give missions to the other factions as well as a lot of Influence and Command. That way you can help or hamper the other factions.

robotica erotica Member Colovion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kraxis
    Another addition to Kraxis' wishlist:

22: Please make a senate office of Dictator.
    A way it could be impletemented: It should only be given as a price for a completed mission. As Dictator you get the ability to give missions to the other factions as well as a lot of Influence and Command. That way you can help or hamper the other factions.

yes, also that can easily rub the other factions the wrong way and make them bind against you - but if you use it properly, you can use it to reform Rome as it was Historically....

/neverhappen
    robotica erotica

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast