Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Expansion Feature Wsihlist

robotica erotica Member Colovion's Avatar

Default Expansion Feature Wishlist

We might never see any of these features that we suggest.

But it's a wishlist - so...

1. Ability to take prisoners instead of just killing everyone, perhaps make it cost money to keep prisoners for for as long as you want to support them before having the option to kill/repopulate the area (though that would probably put some unrest in your province).

2. Campaign Map Replays

3. A "Kill Speed" Slider

Last edited by Colovion; 02-07-2005 at 07:42.
    robotica erotica

Just another genius Member aw89's Avatar

Default Re: Expansion Feature Wsihlist

4. Better AI

Space Marines. With chainaxes.

Hey, we can WISH!
    Love is a well aimed 24 pounder howitzer with percussion shells.

campaign game replays

better AI

new factions

expanded tech trees of buildings and units

ability to create villas in a province to store populations away from the city if necessary

a more complex mercenary system... ability to hire a wider variety of units

mtw style glorious achievements for non roman factions

ability to capture enemies for slavery

multiple capitals for advanced factions (Rome had at least four capitols at one stage)

ability to promote captains to Generals without the man of the hour stuff. ... conditions apply though...

a more complex bribing system, choosing exactly what you want, not just keeping generals and getting rid of the rest...

imperial family trees.

the ability to start an Empire game, starting on a historically accurate campaign map in the first years of the Roman Empire, which lasts until 476 AD when the last roman Emperor, Romulus Augustulus, died.

and maybe even a start a late game somewhere in the middle, half way between 14 AD and 476 AD

'choose your own religion' option in the later stages of the game, such as Mithras and Christianity and so on.

Quote Originally Posted by Claudius the God
    campaign game replays

better AI

new factions

expanded tech trees of buildings and units

ability to create villas in a province to store populations away from the city if necessary

a more complex mercenary system... ability to hire a wider variety of units

mtw style glorious achievements for non roman factions

ability to capture enemies for slavery

multiple capitals for advanced factions (Rome had at least four capitols at one stage)

ability to promote captains to Generals without the man of the hour stuff. ... conditions apply though...

a more complex bribing system, choosing exactly what you want, not just keeping generals and getting rid of the rest...

imperial family trees.

the ability to start an Empire game, starting on a historically accurate campaign map in the first years of the Roman Empire, which lasts until 476 AD when the last roman Emperor, Romulus Augustulus, died.

and maybe even a start a late game somewhere in the middle, half way between 14 AD and 476 AD

'choose your own religion' option in the later stages of the game, such as Mithras and Christianity and so on.
    You do realize that the last Roman emperor was Constantine XI and he died in 1453 at the hands of the Ottomans. My wish list is for CA to fix Roman cavalry auxilia, and reconsile the horse archer move and fire issue with the FF issue. For them to seperate generals and family members. So that all family members are generals, but not all generals are family members.
    Last edited by lars573; 02-07-2005 at 00:55.
    If you havin' skyrim problems I feel bad for you son.. I dodged 99 arrows but my knee took one.

VENI, VIDI, NATES CALCE CONCIDI

I came, I saw, I kicked ass

Chieftain of the Pudding Race Member Evil_Maniac From Mars's Avatar

All of the above, except the space dudes, with a larger campaigh map showing parts of Scandinavia, more of Asia and Africa, and Britain up to Hadrian's Wall. Also the invading barbarians like Huns, Goths, Vandals, etc.

Blue Eyed Samurai Senior Member Wishazu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lars573
    You do realize that the last Roman emperor was Constantine XI and he died in 1453 at the hands of the Ottomans. My wish list is for CA to fix Roman cavalry auxilia, and reconsile the horse archer move and fire issue with the FF issue. For them to seperate generals and family members. So that all family members are generals, but not all generals are family members.
    wasnt he a byzantine emperor, i know they were the leftovers of the roman empire, but he wasnt really a roman emperor was he?
    "Wishazu does his usual hero thing and slices all the zombies to death, wiping out yet another horde." - Askthepizzaguy, Resident Evil: Dark Falls

"Move not unless you see an advantage; use not your troops unless there is something to be gained; fight not unless the position is critical"
    Sun Tzu the Art of War

Blue eyes for our samurai
    Red blood for his sword
    Your ronin days are over
    For your home is now the Org
    By Gregoshi

Increase the maximum amount of factions to at least MTW:VI levels (for modding purposes)
    CHIVALRY TOTAL WAR - A medieval mod for RTW
    http://www.stratcommandcenter.com/chivalry/

agitated Member master of the puppets's Avatar
    where destruction lay around me from a fight i could not win

Talking Re: Expansion Feature Wsihlist

naval battlefield
    you actually position your ships and get um to ram each other

offer to annex before attack (as was roman custom, always ask people to join the empire before ripping them a new A-hole)

peasants with varios farm tools

barbarians are a mottled group (not all wearing the same cloths and same weapons some with axes, some swords, spears ect)
    A nation of sheep will beget a a government of wolves. Edward R. Murrow

Anyone who claims to be in the light but hates his brother is still in the darkness. —1 John 2:9

A sea battle that doesn't let the 22 man 2 ship remnant escape with 12 men when the 600 man fleet engages.
    As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.
    H. L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by Wishazu
    wasnt he a byzantine emperor, i know they were the leftovers of the roman empire, but he wasnt really a roman emperor was he?

If you had a time machine a could ask him he would tell you he was. You see the byzantine empire is a modern myth, like vikings having horns on their helmets. It would be like if in say 1500 years historians took to calling the USA the republic of texas after hispanics become the most numerous ethnic group.

PS I forgot to say 3D ship battles. Hell if the imperial glory devs can get it to work why can't CA.
    If you havin' skyrim problems I feel bad for you son.. I dodged 99 arrows but my knee took one.

Quote Originally Posted by Colovion
    2. Campaign Map Replays
    As I understand the replays in RTW are like tracks in some flight sims, they contain initial conditions and player's input (orders). Now, the battle maps in campaign are generated before every battle, unlike predefined custom battle maps, so a campaign battle replay would have to include the generated map, and that would increase an average replay file size essentially.

Correct me if I am wrong.

Diplomacy expansion: seiged cities, seiged cities should be able to negotiate and vice versa (u could negotiate with seige city... IF ur sieging the city of course) and that u shoudl be able to give or ask for besieged cities if u are the person seiging etc.... also if ur next to sea u should be able to get out from the sea or reinforcement enter from sea.... troops outside of their faction provinces should cost extra to maintain.

1st person capablity, can you imagine actually being the general
    of course well have to wait for 500mb vid cards for that, but even so,,,,
    "I'll mace you good"-Homer Simpson

Quote Originally Posted by FURRY_BOOTS
    1st person capablity, can you imagine actually being the general
    of course well have to wait for 500mb vid cards for that, but even so,,,,
    Why will we?

Whether the camera is positioned floating above the battlefield, or fixed on a characters eye-view, is the same to the computer. The number of poly's and amount of shading needed for the envoironment wont change just because the camera angle changes (well it will change depending on whats in-view of the camera, but if a normal view and a general's eye view both look at exacly the same scene in a playfield, the amunt of processing power will be exacly the sme whether it a floating camera under user control or a camera fixed on the generals eye-view.

There is currently on one game available that requires more than 256MB, Doom3 - on its Ultra settings it uses 490MB of uncompressed textures. No other game will see a significant benefit moving from a 256MB card to a 512MB single-GPU card.

Quote Originally Posted by fret
    Why will we?

Whether the camera is positioned floating above the battlefield, or fixed on a characters eye-view, is the same to the computer. The number of poly's and amount of shading needed for the envoironment wont change just because the camera angle changes (well it will change depending on whats in-view of the camera, but if a normal view and a general's eye view both look at exacly the same scene in a playfield, the amunt of processing power will be exacly the sme whether it a floating camera under user control or a camera fixed on the generals eye-view.

There is currently on one game available that requires more than 256MB, Doom3 - on its Ultra settings it uses 490MB of uncompressed textures. No other game will see a significant benefit moving from a 256MB card to a 512MB single-GPU card.

the current units in 1st person perspective would look absolute crap!!! & yes 1st person perspective is alot closer than your maintaining.
    Horses with triangular rear quarters wouldnt cut it im afraid, plus you consider facial animations, non generic cloned units & an environment to match, all the extra scripting for unit deaths etc,
    imagine a siege on rome in 1st person, with thousands of units!!! im sorry but i think current cards would struggle
    "I'll mace you good"-Homer Simpson

Whimsysmith & Designy Bloke CA Captain Fishpants's Avatar

CA Re: Expansion Feature Wsihlist

Quote Originally Posted by Khorak
    Space Marines. With chainaxes.

Hey, we can WISH!
    As an ex-GW writer - NOOOOOOOOOOO! For the love of God, no!
    Gentlemen should exercise caution and wear stout-sided boots when using the Fintry-Kyle Escape Apparatus. Ladies, children, servants and those of a nervous disposition should be strongly encouraged to seek other means of hurried egress.

The formal bit: Any views or opinions expressed here are those of the poster and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of The Creative Assembly or SEGA.

She pushed me ... Member Arkatreides's Avatar

What I'd really like to see (apart from the above) is the ability to UPGRADE units. For example a Hastati unit should be upgradeable to a Principes unit (after all that's what happened in real life)

We can clone a sheep but we cannot clone a single photon.

I'd much rather be able to upgrade my pre-Marian troops to Marian troops after the reforms event. Much more usefull than the micro managing nightmare of changing hastatii to princepes.

PS I'd rather have a couple mobz of choppa boyz than puny space marine boyz
    Last edited by lars573; 02-07-2005 at 19:18.

Lesbian Rebel Member Mikeus Caesar's Avatar

the ability to UPGRADE units.
    Please, please, please include that!!! I hate playing as a roman faction, because just when i get all my armies sorted and ready to rule the world, that b***ard marius comes along with his new army, so then whenever my hastati or any old units suffer losses, i can't replenish them with some new soldiers. And then there's the whole business of replacing the old units with the new ones....but some things i would like to see are:

1) Special maps for a city that was by default a capital at the beginning of the game. For me, it takes away the coolness of the game when rome is just the same as any other roman city.

2) Special walls for the barbarians. e.g the highest tech lvl for walls being a mixture of stone and wood. The bottom of it is stone, and the top is wood with pathways on so the barbarians can place archers on their walls.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranika
    I'm being assailed by a mental midget of ironically epic proportions. Quick as frozen molasses, this one. Sharp as a melted marble. It's disturbing. I've had conversations with a braying mule with more coherence.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeus Caesar
    2) Special walls for the barbarians. e.g the highest tech lvl for walls being a mixture of stone and wood. The bottom of it is stone, and the top is wood with pathways on so the barbarians can place archers on their walls.
    I agree.

So far the "Barbarians" are hampered by having lame wooden walls.... only. They don't have any of the amazing earthworks and hillforts which they did historically.

Please include this.
    robotica erotica

6 (or is it 5? or 7?). Soldiers Natural Deaths - and some kind of diferent resistance to it for diferent units in diferent terrains.
    It feels too wierd when you take 1000 men in heavy armours to the desert, stay there for 5 years and none of them dies in the process. Same thing with vast, inospit snow fields.

7. Forts actualy being usefull for anything - they could reduce the natural deaths of soldiers, and give the owner the chance to engage enemy armies wanting to siege the Fort, so as they stoped being death-traps for whoever is inside, forcing the defender to sally.

hmmm...i wonder...an AI that actually uses a large army like an army...instead of a mob of men (i.e, attack in a line, protect the flanks, not too much to ask for is it?). i know some of you might think that it'll be too much, but the medival:VI AI managed that.

Eldar could beat orks or space marines any day!

Quote Originally Posted by th3freakie
    6 (or is it 5? or 7?). Soldiers Natural Deaths - and some kind of diferent resistance to it for diferent units in diferent terrains.
    It feels too wierd when you take 1000 men in heavy armours to the desert, stay there for 5 years and none of them dies in the process. Same thing with vast, inospit snow fields.

7. Forts actualy being usefull for anything - they could reduce the natural deaths of soldiers, and give the owner the chance to engage enemy armies wanting to siege the Fort, so as they stoped being death-traps for whoever is inside, forcing the defender to sally.
    wow, that's a surprisingly good idea for how simple it is - it would make Forts be a barrier for disease and the elements as well as the enemy.
    robotica erotica

Poor Constantine indeed wouldnt be very happy by that remark not that he'd understand english of course.

I hate that term byzantine empire, unless im mistaken wasnt it first coined in the 17th or 18th century something like that?

Theres alot that needs to be done with RTW most of them minor im sure the patches will get rid of all major bugs etc just countless little things that wind me up or take away from the realism of the game. I cant even be bothered listing them, im sure someone will threads were people can moan alot usually are very popular

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Fishpants
    As an ex-GW writer - NOOOOOOOOOOO! For the love of God, no!
    You're right, the addition of World Eaters to the barbarian factions would be unbalancing. Better give the civilised factions various Chapters of their own. :D
    Love is a well aimed 24 pounder howitzer with percussion shells.

Alienated Senior Member Member Red Harvest's Avatar

Recruit representative armies, not units I've explained my thoughts on this before. The tech tree would allow the player/AI to build larger and/or more complex and upgraded armies, but the basic elements would be historical. Right now there is no reason to build lower end units once you get the higher end units. And you can build whole armies from elites. But the most interesting part of the campaign is fought early on, with the lowest level units and that makes for a rather bland experience.

More Meaningful Naval Strategy Port upgrade level would allow port defense and require more ships to blockade. Total port level would also determine how many boats could be in the water. Invasion force size would be limited by the number of ships available. Elephant units might require 3 ships per unit, cavalry/camels/chariots 2, infantry 1, family members 1.

Campaigns from different periods A very early campaign at the time of Alexander and the Samnite Wars (with higher resolution Italy map). A later, 3rd Punic War/Marius campaign. A slightly earlier Pyrrhus time period Campaign.
    Rome Total War, it's not a game, it's a do-it-yourself project.

agitated Member master of the puppets's Avatar
    where destruction lay around me from a fight i could not win

Talking Re: Expansion Feature Wsihlist

able to build REAL authentic roman forts. moats, stone walls, stakes, towers. oh and that you can customize defenses pick and position towers, walls, stakes, gates. that would be cool
    A nation of sheep will beget a a government of wolves. Edward R. Murrow

Anyone who claims to be in the light but hates his brother is still in the darkness. —1 John 2:9

Quote Originally Posted by master of the puppets
    offer to annex before attack (as was roman custom, always ask people to join the empire before ripping them a new A-hole)
    already possible, it requires some diplomacy, but it is very much possible

okey... screw diplomacy, just tell them to hand you over that settlement or you'll attack. if the circumstances are right, they will quickly evacuate the town. did it once as the ptolemies with siwa, and oh, did it make me feel good :)

I once aquired most of gual in a similar manner, but i just bought all the settlements for 5-10k :)

1) Special maps for a city that was by default a capital at the beginning of the game. For me, it takes away the coolness of the game when rome is just the same as any other roman city.
    also already possible, but it does require a lot of modding (and i don't know how)

Got to admit, I was about to uninstall RTW (haven't played it really in ~4 months). Installing patch 1.2 was a mere formality and fairness. Then I'm suckered in once again . Skirmishes are now better, especially those Velites (fast becoming my favorite unit. NO, they are my favorite unit ).

here's my wishlist just on top of my head (I'll be repeating some that's already been mentioned):

1) 3d Naval Warfare - This a no-duh. Imperial Glory has one. Why can't the current king of strategy games, Creative Assembly, have one?

2) Kill-rate, unit speed slider - Epic games mean longer battles! I have units routing so easily. I don't mind chain rout at all, but this is obscene, it happens within seconds of impact. Also, these guys run like sprinters (they carry gear too, mind you).

3) Restored Rock-Paper-Scissor scheme - Cavalry penetrates or skirt all the way through my screening units. I can't defend my General from Cavalry pushes without nonstop pauses.

4) Bigger battle maps - Whatever happened to the 4x-MTW maps?

5) More provinces - There are lots of space there.

6) More units - How about more than 20 unit slots?

7) Weather - Where are the snowstorms, lightning, and heavy, blinding rain? Perhaps include the Day & Night cycle in campaign battles.

8) City Pathfinding - Fix the city pathfinding. Units go crazy inside the city.I tell my cavalry to enter the gate and move right and they go straight to the phalanx's dirty, pointy fingers. Same thing happens with other units. I tell them to drive straight behind the enemy with full force and they do the beauty pageant walk

9) Eric Hurley, the Headhurler as the official mascot (hehe).

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast