Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Registered, but Can't Post?

Master of Few Words Senior Member KukriKhan's Avatar

Default Re: Registered, but Can't Post?

Quote Originally Posted by ForVictory
    BTW (lol i cant even edit my previous post!) I am unable to start a new thread in Scriptorium, the main reason why i joined this forum.
    Am i not able to start a subject there like you said?
    Double-checking, you (and Ludens) are right...I was wrong. In the R:TW Mods forums, you CAN post new topics in: Modding Questions, and Forge, but NOT in Scriptorium.

I regret the error.
    Last edited by KukriKhan; 01-12-2006 at 16:01.
    Be well. Do good. Keep in touch.

Voluntary Suspension Voluntary Suspension ForVictory's Avatar

Well thx for the info then.

Wicked. Thanks for the promotion to member for whoever does the promotions.

I had to register a new username and password since I forgot my old password and have a different email addy than the one I used for that account. Please give permission for this name UglyElmo2 to participate in the other forum sections. My old usernames were UglyElmo and ElmarkOFear.

ELMO PASSES HIS INFAMOUS JUG O' SHINE TO THE PERSON WHO GIVES HIM THE PERMISSIONS

:)

I still cant post in the other forums yet...cant wait till i get promoted...need to know something about mercenaries....do they regenerate per faction, and if they do at what rate?
    We Have a Rendezvous with Destiny

The Black Senior Member Papewaio's Avatar

Which version MTW or RTW?
    Regenerate as a unit or at the places of hire?

They cannot be regenerated as a unit in either game like loyal units can by going to retraining zones.

In MTW if you have an inn and minimal law type structures (castles) then you get more Mercs, IMDHO if you buy more, more will be attracted to that province... mind you it has been ages since I played MTW.
    Our genes maybe in the basement but it does not stop us chosing our point of view from the top.
    Quote Originally Posted by Louis VI the Fat
    Pape for global overlord!!
    Quote Originally Posted by English assassin
    Squid sources report that scientists taste "sort of like chicken"
    Quote Originally Posted by frogbeastegg View Post
    The rest is either as average as advertised or, in the case of the missionary, disappointing.

Arrogant Ashigaru Moderator Ludens's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Lightbulb Re: Registered, but Can't Post?

Quote Originally Posted by Papewaio
    In MTW if you have an inn and minimal law type structures (castles) then you get more Mercs, IMDHO if you buy more, more will be attracted to that province... mind you it has been ages since I played MTW.
    Indeed. M:TW Mercenaries like undeveloped provinces (that is, no advanced castles or governement buildings) near warzones, and where mercenaries have been hired before.

In the unit files, certain units are marked as "possible mercenaries", and I think these will be generated as mercs near the places where they can be recruited. Also your disbanded units will enter the merc pool. Also, merc units seem to move about, never staying long at the same inn.

R:TW mercs are less mobile. R:TW provinces are grouped into regions and each region has it's own mercenary pool. A mercenary pool is allocated certain units and these units will generate there until a maximum has been reached (generation speed and maximum are different for each unit and region). There is nothing you can do to influence this.
    Looking for a good read? Visit the Library!

Thanks That helps clear up my question. I waas also reading the Merc thread and found that out too.
    We Have a Rendezvous with Destiny

Hello

Master of Few Words Senior Member KukriKhan's Avatar

Hello Nikator welcome to the Org

I see you have already found our Modding forums. Enjoy your stay.
    Be well. Do good. Keep in touch.

hello thank you
    Make Beer Not War

Kyokushin warrior Member Ultras DVSC's Avatar

Whether I can open a new thread e.g. in the medieval section or not does it depend on my postnumber? For this question I haven't found answer in the faq.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ultras DVSC
    Whether I can open a new thread e.g. in the medieval section or not does it depend on my postnumber? For this question I haven't found answer in the faq.
    Actually, it can be found in the FAQ. Whether you can make new threads in the M2:TW forum depends on your membership level. Junior members cannot, they have to be promoted to full member first. Promotion to member is based on participation and interaction with other patrons. Post count is not important, what is important is that you regularly post in a friendly, helpfull manner and you will be promoted in a couple of weeks.

Welcome to the Org, .

Kyokushin warrior Member Ultras DVSC's Avatar

Thx, this method is quite unique, but without doubt smart and logical. At the moment I'm working on a smaller local mtw guide, I hope this is gonna help me on my case. ;-)

Why cant I post in the Spartan section?
    The names lite....cropolite

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by crop
    Why cant I post in the Spartan section?
    Junior members cannot post in most forums. They have to be promoted to full member first. Promotion is not based on postcount, but on participation. All that is required is a bit of patience, and that you post regularly in a friendly and helpfull manner. Since you post mostly in the S:TW forums you may escape the mods notice, so it may help if you post an introduction in the Hail new members! thread. The system is a bit restrictive, but it keeps out spammers, trolls and other nuissances of the internet. You can find more information in the Guild FAQ.

Welcome to the Org .

Hi

I have been posting in the official totalwar forums for a long time (I have over 100 posts there). I tried to reply here to someone asking for help in the MTW SP forum here but couldnt. Any chance my membership could be speeded along?

You can check my last posts at the official forum here:
    http://p223.ezboard.com/BBSForum.sho...untotalwarfrm5
    do a search by username on "scowie 1"

cheers,
    scowie

Member Member 5 Card Draw Champion, Mini Pool 2 Champion, Ice Hockey Champion, Mahjong Connect Champion Northnovas's Avatar

Can't post yet to reply, but I just wanted to say that the CTD for campaign games. Having come back to the game I could play battles etc just could not start a campaign. I did not have to roll back to an old driver which would be unreasonable for other computer uses. I have the latest Nvidia driver. What I did was change the antiliasing setting on the card from 0 to 2. GE Force FX 5500. Fixed the issue The game runs great including saved games. No more CTD. Just a suggestion for anyone trying to get back into the game after an absence and may have made a hardware change.

Member Member 5 Card Draw Champion, Mini Pool 2 Champion, Ice Hockey Champion, Mahjong Connect Champion Northnovas's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Northnovas
    Can't post yet to reply, but I just wanted to say that the CTD for campaign games. Having come back to the game I could play battles etc just could not start a campaign. I did not have to roll back to an old driver which would be unreasonable for other computer uses. I have the latest Nvidia driver. What I did was change the antiliasing setting on the card from 0 to 2. GE Force FX 5500. Fixed the issue The game runs great including saved games. No more CTD. Just a suggestion for anyone trying to get back into the game after an absence and may have made a hardware change.
    Sorry for the double post but I forgot to mention the fix for the Campaign game start of MTW VI.

Blog Entries

Welcome to the Org, Northnovas. Do you want your solution moved to a particular thread? Junior members ought to be able to post in the apothecary.

Quote Originally Posted by Ludens
    Junior members cannot post in most forums. They have to be promoted to full member first. Promotion is not based on postcount, but on participation. All that is required is a bit of patience, and that you post regularly in a friendly and helpfull manner. Since you post mostly in the S:TW forums you may escape the mods notice, so it may help if you post an introduction in the Hail new members! thread. The system is a bit restrictive, but it keeps out spammers, trolls and other nuissances of the internet. You can find more information in the Guild FAQ.

Welcome to the Org .

That answers my question and saves me having to post...oh, I just have.

I'm just curious as to how many posts it takes to be upgraded to above a junior member. I've seen many many users post like 10 messages and be promoted, and I've also seen others at 75 posts and still considered junior members.

What is the system that determines when it occurs for each individual member of the community?

Welcome to the Org, Northnovas. Do you want your solution moved to a particular thread? Junior members ought to be able to post in the apothecary.
    Yes please, in the Main Hall MTW, Campaign/bug? It appears the member who started the thread has not resolved the game play issue.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Northnovas
    Yes please, in the Main Hall MTW, Campaign/bug? It appears the member who started the thread has not resolved the game play issue.
    Done.

Welcome to the Org .

Thanks for all the info.
    The names lite....cropolite

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by General4Hire
    I'm just curious as to how many posts it takes to be upgraded to above a junior member. I've seen many many users post like 10 messages and be promoted, and I've also seen others at 75 posts and still considered junior members.

What is the system that determines when it occurs for each individual member of the community?
    Promotion is not based on postcount, but on participation. All that is required for promotion to full member is a bit of patience, and that you post regularly in a friendly and helpfull manner. You can find more information in the Guild FAQ. We don't promote members just because the post a lot in a short time, and downright spamming will at best delay promotion.

Promotion is not based on postcount, but on participation. All that is required for promotion to full member is a bit of patience, and that you post regularly in a friendly and helpfull manner. You can find more information in the Guild FAQ. We don't promote members just because the post a lot in a short time, and downright spamming will at best delay promotion.
    Thanks for the info...answers it clearly and precisely :)

Maybe some parts of multiply forum should be available to new members. I guess many people like me are more orientated to MP than to SP.Thx.
    Destroyers Clan High Council Member

RTW V1.5 & BI V1.6 Member Severous's Avatar

Hi

Im a new RTW V1.5 player with a research tendency. Been posting a lot on the official site but thats very busy and research posts get lost very quickly.

Like the reseach structure here.

Found I could post a few times but now stuck unable to contribute more.

Can someone kindly do the honours for me.

Thank You.
    Regards
    (RTW Eras: RTW V1.5 and BI V1.6 No Mods)

Currently writing a Scipii AAR (with pictures)
    https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=91877

Barbarian Invasion. Franks hold out against the world.
    https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=77526

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Severous
    Im a new RTW V1.5 player with a research tendency. Been posting a lot on the official site but thats very busy and research posts get lost very quickly.

Like the reseach structure here.

Found I could post a few times but now stuck unable to contribute more.

Can someone kindly do the honours for me.
    If you want to post in a non-JM forum, just post your message in the EH with a link to thread were you want to have them, and the moderators will move it when they see it. Also, the Ludus Magna is open to Junior Members.

Welcome to the Org .

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast