Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Registered, but Can't Post?

DECEBALVS PER SCORILO Member Diurpaneus's Avatar

Default Re: Registered, but Can't Post?

When can I post on the other forums? When I will become a Member instead of a Junior Member ?thanks

Research Fiend Technical Administrator Tetris Champion, Summer Games Champion, Snakeman Champion, Ms Pacman Champion therother's Avatar

There are two main ways to gain promotion. The first, by far the most common, is straightforward enough: make a few posts (a dozen or so) in a week or two, without infringing any of the Rules. After that, you should be considered for promotion automatically.

The second, sadly much less common, method is to get yourself noticed by one of the Staff, as they can ask for your promotion to be manually fast tracked. Examples of things which may get you noticed are: writing a mod tool/guide, joining a Hosted Mod team, writing a gameplay guide or undertaking game mechanics research. IOW, demonstrating by your posting style/content that you are potentially a fine, upstanding Member.
    Nullius addictus iurare in uerba magistri -- Quintus Horatius Flaccus

History is a pack of lies about events that never happened told by people who weren't there -- George Santayana

DECEBALVS PER SCORILO Member Diurpaneus's Avatar

OK.I understand. Thank you

https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=62337

im not sure that im in the right place, but Lusands said i cud post a reply with the link i widsh iut to go to which is in the jiousting fields section.

Hi Gawain and co, with regards to ur question about art it seems that in a 4v4 battle only one art per team i dont know if this includes cannister though, and also you have to pick the special general unit as ur general not like in Mtw/Vi where u can pik either cav or foot as ur general, but in ntw this is the rule as it give a bit of authenticity to the game seeing a unit of 6 generals on horse watcvhing the battle, ive also heard that if they are close enough you get a moral bonus, although i dont know if this is true.

well i look fiorward to the rise of the Prussian VI Corps.

see you all soon

and thankyou for ur help moderators and Lusan
    AggonyJudgee

Arrogant Ashigaru Moderator Ludens's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Lightbulb Re: Registered, but Can't Post?

Quote Originally Posted by Judge
    https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=62337

im not sure that im in the right place, but Lusands said i cud post a reply with the link i widsh iut to go to which is in the jiousting fields section.

Hi Gawain and co, with regards to ur question about art it seems that in a 4v4 battle only one art per team i dont know if this includes cannister though, and also you have to pick the special general unit as ur general not like in Mtw/Vi where u can pik either cav or foot as ur general, but in ntw this is the rule as it give a bit of authenticity to the game seeing a unit of 6 generals on horse watcvhing the battle, ive also heard that if they are close enough you get a moral bonus, although i dont know if this is true.

well i look fiorward to the rise of the Prussian VI Corps.

see you all soon
    Moved!
    Looking for a good read? Visit the Library!

do young members have certian restriction.. like cant make topics?
    Mizukage of the Shinobi Clan

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Darren_Shan
    do young members have certian restriction.. like cant make topics?
    Junior members cannot post in most forums, and in some other they are restricted from starting threads. Not in the Entrance Hall, however. For more information on membership, promotion and membership restrictions, have a look in the Guild FAQ.

thx m8 that would be enough :D

Wandering Fool Senior Member bamff's Avatar

Like most things at the org, the answer is but a click and scroll away....

I'm still staggered by the organisation and depth of this place!

The mods deserve a thorough round of applause - or at the very least a round on us mere members!

indeed m8 :D

hip hip hurray! open the barrles!

Research Fiend Technical Administrator Tetris Champion, Summer Games Champion, Snakeman Champion, Ms Pacman Champion therother's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bamff
    Like most things at the org, the answer is but a click and scroll away....

I'm still staggered by the organisation and depth of this place!

The mods deserve a thorough round of applause - or at the very least a round on us mere members!:
    Hey, we mere Members do our bit as well!
    Nullius addictus iurare in uerba magistri -- Quintus Horatius Flaccus

History is a pack of lies about events that never happened told by people who weren't there -- George Santayana

Master of Few Words Senior Member KukriKhan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by therother
    Hey, we mere Members do our bit as well!
    Indeed they do!

Be well. Do good. Keep in touch.

yay im a member! finally!

how long does it usually take to become a senior member or how many posts.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sacredband3
    how long does it usually take to become a senior member or how many posts.
    Promotion is based on contribution, not postcount. All that is required for promotion to full member is that you post regularly in a friendly and helpfull manner. Promotion to senior member is rare, however. I am not sure how the exact procedure works, but I understand it is by nomination by the moderators. Senior members are generally people who have made great contributions to the forums or the community.

Welcome to the Org, BTW .

Quote Originally Posted by Ludens
    Promotion is based on contribution, not postcount. All that is required for promotion to full member is that you post regularly in a friendly and helpfull manner. Promotion to senior member is rare, however. I am not sure how the exact procedure works, but I understand it is by nomination by the moderators. Senior members are generally people who have made great contributions to the forums or the community.

What kind of contributions?
    "Nuts" -Gen. Anthony McAuliffe-

What doesnt kill you makes you stronger.

Can't beat the Silence Member _Maximus_'s Avatar
    Kingdom of Heaven, far above near the sky of Belgrade!

That is a good question! But anyway,just be active on the forum and after some time it will happen! Promotion! But who knows!

Lurking........in the Shadows. Member Shadows's Avatar
    Virginia, Eastern Starboard, USA, North America, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy, The Universe. WHere else would I live?

So I did have some problems logging in. But Khirukhan fixed ti for me. Got me set up with a new password and all so that could login in. I did so and now I cannot post outside the Welcome Hall. Everytime I try I get this message:
    vBulletin Message

Shadows, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
    If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Assistant Project Manager of the ERTW mod. Check it out.

Virginia, Eastern Starboard, USA, North America, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy, The Universe. WHere else would I live?

And how come I cannot edit my posts?? Whats up with that???

I wanted to eidt in that I had recieved a activation message, but that was before I had my password fixed. So I don't know what to do.. I appreciate any help I can get

Thanks,
    -Shadows.

Master of Few Words Senior Member KukriKhan's Avatar

On top of all the hoops you've jumped through so far, we have one final one: post a few more friendly posts, and we'll advance you to Member, when all the rest of the Org is open to your input, and you get the edit button.

It won't be long.
    Be well. Do good. Keep in touch.

Oh, I see, I thought that I could just go ahead and post I didn't realize that I was not yet a full member, thanks again KukriKhan, thats twice now you've saved me.

Hello all, I have recently purchased Medieval: Total War on the P.C. I decided to play my first single player game as the English. I started out, I think it was the 1000s, and quickly built up a force and conquered the rebel Welsh and the Scots. But I couldn't get at the Irish, what with them being across the Irish Sea. I worked away building up my buildings and moving in my French holdings, until I built a port, a trading post and a shipwright. I built a Barque from Wessex and it went into the English Channel. I found that I could send troops over the Channel with ease, using the boat as a kind of bridge to get them across. But when I moved the Barque to the Irish Sea, I couldn't move any troops across into Ireland. What am I doing wrong.
    Also, am I not allowed to trade accross the English Channel with French Flanders? I have a trading post and a port in Wessex.

Any help with these problems would be gratefully received.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by McNulty
    Hello all, I have recently purchased Medieval: Total War on the P.C. I decided to play my first single player game as the English. I started out, I think it was the 1000s, and quickly built up a force and conquered the rebel Welsh and the Scots. But I couldn't get at the Irish, what with them being across the Irish Sea. I worked away building up my buildings and moving in my French holdings, until I built a port, a trading post and a shipwright. I built a Barque from Wessex and it went into the English Channel. I found that I could send troops over the Channel with ease, using the boat as a kind of bridge to get them across. But when I moved the Barque to the Irish Sea, I couldn't move any troops across into Ireland. What am I doing wrong.
    Also, am I not allowed to trade accross the English Channel with French Flanders? I have a trading post and a port in Wessex.
    This is not the right thread for this, but I'll try to give you a short answer. To trade you need a port and trading post in the exporting province, a port in the importing province and one or more ships in all seas between these two. One single enemy ship will break this connection. If you have VI installed, you caqn use the V button to see which seas are yours. However, my guess is the French haven't built a port yet. Also, for some reason you are unable to have sea-trade with your own provinces. BTW, money from exports does not show up in the port-scroll (this one shows money from imports) but in the trading-post scroll.

To invade you do not need a port in the targetprovince, but you need one in the province where your troops embark. Also, if when invade, they won't be able to return by sea until you build a port (and if a port exists it usually gets destroyed in the invasion), so beware when you send your troops to Ireland. Especially do not send your king: if he loses contact with his home provinces loyalty will plummet. In this case, I think you don't have a port in the Irish sea, so your troops cannot embark. BTW, you do not need a ship to travel between Wessex and Flanders. There is a land brigde between these two provinces (shown on the map by the dotted line).

Thank you Ludens for the infomation and the welcome. I actually have more questions to get me started but do not know which thread to post to. Could someone tell me which thread I should go to? Sorry to be such a "Newbie"

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by McNulty
    I actually have more questions to get me started but do not know which thread to post to. Could someone tell me which thread I should go to?
    Just start your own thread in the Entrance Hall. The EH is the newbie forum of this board.

Well im registered and can post but...
    in my signature i put a link. when i go to my CP (controls) and click signature the link is there but when i post i dont see my link. does anybody else see it? if not what should i do?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Spartan
    Well im registered and can post but...
    in my signature i put a link. when i go to my CP (controls) and click signature the link is there but when i post i dont see my link. does anybody else see it? if not what should i do?
    I can see it in your user profile as well, so I suppose your signature is a bit too long. IIRC there was limit on how long signatures can be, and anything beyond the limit simply won't be shown.

well i see it know. had to delete Aristotle's quote mind you.

Hello totalwar.org forumers/forumites! Just registered with the help of KukriKhan, thanks again.

I can post in this forum, but not some of the others....is that because I don't have enough posts in the newbie forums?

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast