Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Star Wars republic: Total War

Default Re: Star Wars republic: Total War

Quote Originally Posted by bish
    yes that would be fine. Which buddy list?
    which buddy list? uhhh if you hold ur mouse on someones name you can add them to buddy list and when you g2 ur pm and go down and look lower left corner it should say buddy/ignore list

Member Member Alexander the Pretty Good's Avatar

Before we worry about models and textures and such, we have to decide a number of important things first.

1) Will the campaign be the whole galaxy, part of a galaxy, a few planets, or one planet? I personally favor a few planets (one Republic, one confed, few neutral/contested) but I would be open to a one planet campaign.
    2) What will the factions be? This depends on the decision on #1
    3) What kind of conflict will this be? Depends on descision for #1 & 2
    4) Now we can do units - unit lists first
    5) Ancilaries & Traits
    6) Buildings - don't forget these!
    7) Now we should do models & stuff

As far as possible planets go, how about Jabim?

It seems to have the political elements that would be useful/required...

To clear some things up.
    The campain map will not be of the whole star wars galaxy. It will consist of a number of planets similar to what alexander suggested.
    The planets are shown here
    http://republictotalwar.fragism.com/campainarea.png

This is suitable since it provides plenty of options for factions and units
    ie Tatooine as a hutt out post. This area of space also was the staging point of the begining of the clone wars.

Possibly the Galactic senate to issue orders like the spqr
    The grand army of the republic
    cis
    Posibly Geonesians??- hard to do sice they used wing units
    The hutts

bish, that link don't work! But that clone trooper is mighty fine!

I would say to not use the Geonosians because they probably don't spread very far. Maybe a local unit or two. Flying units would be pretty neat. If they can be implemented satisfactorilly (major spelling!) then jetpack clone troopers would be cool, I guess.

bish, do you have a map of the planets of the clone wars? One that shows which planets joined which sides? If you do, we can choose an interesting area of the galaxy to do, have about two dozen planets larger than just 4x4 and it'd be real sweet.

ahhh drat sorry about this there does not seam to be an edit button
    the link is http://republictotalwar.fragism.com/...ampainarea.tga

Dont click that link!!!
    enter this int browser

www. starwarz.com/clonewarseu/timeline/images/clonewarsmap.jpg

bish - when you become a member you can edit your posts.

First and last links don't work.

The second was merely disturbing...

have any of you guys ever played star wars battlefront, it is a really great game with good representations of the star wars battles, good weapons and crafts, maybe you can take examples from that game, and improve on the jedi stuff

Here are some screenshots of clone troopers ingame!
    https://photobucket.com/albums/v719/republictotalwar/

Looking pretty neat. Too bad the guns are being treated as bows, but I guess you'll fix that later, right?

Yes it will be fixed these pics are just a very early test.

At-te and confed droids coming next....

Shaidar Haran Senior Member SAM Site Champion Myrddraal's Avatar

Wow, those clones are great, u just need to get a good skeleton for them

i have played star wars battlefront ( i have it) its really good yeah... hey bish shouldnt the lasers be red? and you should try and make 1 hit 1 kill

There is no such thing as a Sith or Jedi faction in this particular time line. Don't do it.

Ideas

Lasers - if we could somehow make different color laser fire, that would be awesome. Pretty much, the clones have to have blue fire. Red for everybody else. To do this, could you play around with projectile types, maybe? My excruciatingly limited knowledge on such subjects is based on perusing modding threads, but I think there are different projectile types. You could maybe make a new type for blue lasers and a new one for red.

And no Sith, for sure. Jedi can only maybe be implemented as a faction if we have a large (ie galactic) campaign map. If the campaign map is limited to a few planets or one planet, there shouldn't be a Jedi faction. Jedi units or generals, I think should be fair game.

bish - you really need to set in stone the exact location(s) used in the mod. Pick some planets (or a single one) so we can discuss topics with much more prescision.

A bit of a picky note...

but clone troopers used blue lasers...
    BLOOD FOR BLOOD!
    DEATH FOR DEATH!

Smelo tovarishchi v' nogu!

I like Bush...

Clone trooper weapons: in the times of the Empire, the lasers they fired were red, and this is supposed to be in the Clone wars, it could be merely a change in the weapons used.

Units in Star Wars ususally wear armor, which can absorb one or more blaster hits.

The Jedi, a couple of suggestions, if they are to be a faction, read below, if they are not to be, maybe make them as a powerful unit for the Republic (or even read the Banner bearer below).

Jedi Order task force (very low population, long build times, expensive units, but very powerful)

Jedi Padawans - the Jedi did send out learners in times of trouble, they could be the basic Jedi unit
    Jedi knights - the standard and more powerful Jedi, capable of great feats
    Jedi Masters - they could be faction family members, if the messages Coming of Age can be modified and made faction specific, it could be made to create Ascension (one of the Jedi ascends to the rank of Master) to be instead of the coming of age for the Jedi, the Birth could be made Master trials (a Jedi begins his long trials to become a Master of the Force)
    Clone troopers - possibly commando units, commanded by Jedi into combat, perhaps cheaper and faster to recruit than other Jedi units

Jedi officers - since Banner bearers and unit leaders are faction-specific, the banner bearer of the Jedi could be a knight (without a banner, banners aren't used in Star Wars except on buildings), making clone units appear as if commandeered by a Jedi.

These are merely my suggestions. I have actually heard that flying units can be made in Rome, it would certainly be interesting if they can (especially to make speeders).

For the campain map i was thinking af doing a small area of the star wars galaxy
    such as this:
    https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v...ampainarea.jpg
    I thought this would be a good option since it opens up the posiblilitys for extra factions and is the starting point of the clone wars.

I would have to make the plannets very large to take into account the restrictions of the engine.

its either this or 1 plannet on one campain map. Jabim would be perfect because of the charged atmosphere.(no starships)

alexander- different color lasers could easily be acheived(sorry for the mistake of using the green color)

hey bish how do i get that logo?

all troopers in star wars era:

Sith trooper

Snowtrooper

Spacetrooper

Swamp trooper

ARC trooper

Scout trooper

Shadow trooper

Clone trooper c. Battle of Geonosis

Stormtrooper

i got these from a star wars book which I recomend you use to help with models: Star Wars the new essential guide to weapons & technology

also to help with the models would be any star wars game excpessialy Star Wars Battlefront

bish - photobucket says all your pictures are belong to them. Er, they can't find it.

ShadowStriker
    - most of those sound like A New Hope era units, except for the Sith troopers (who are too old) and the ARC & clone troopers. The ARC and clone units should be in the game.

bish - maybe you should make a poll thread asking people which they would prefer, either one planet or a few...

Alexander the pretty Good ehhh if you read the top part of my post it will say "ALLtroopers in the Star wars era"

BAW E-5 droid blaster (battle driod blaster rifle) name of battle droid rifle

DC-15 rifle (clone trooper blaster rifle) name of clone trooper rifle

ARC trooper blaster rifle name of ARC trooper rifle

Alexander the pretty Good ehhh if you read the top part of my post it will say "ALLtroopers in the Star wars era"
    That is true, and your bolding looks both strange and intimidating. I was just pointing out that only the clone and ARC troopers could be used in the mod. Sorry.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast