Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: Traits that are bugged in 1.2 with fixes. Part 1: Scarred, Farmer, Trader

Default Re: Traits that are bugged in 1.2 with fixes. Part 1: Scarred, Farmer, Trader

player1, my second fix uses a different condition - it represents what percentage of the general's unit has died. I think it is a decent approximation of how much damage the general himself has sustained, but is not bugged like HPLostRatio is.

I understand your concern for trying to keep changes small, and I ordinarily would subscribe to that. However, since I am working on this for the CVP (a mod) I want to get the best approximation of what I interpret the concept to be, hopefully maximizing fun/gameplay in the process. For the purposes of keeping changes small, I think yours is the best and perhaps only solution.

I liked therother's suggestion of doing away with HPLostRatio entirely, since its hard to implement something so fickle. I think the combination of both conditions will rarely produce an odd result, but I wonder if number of kills is even necessary?

Does the general have better defensive stats than a regular man in his unit? If not, it should be possible to calculate at what percentage he should have been severely wounded.

Default Re: Traits that are bugged in 1.2 with fixes. Part 1: Scarred, Farmer, Trader

I believe generals have the same stats but more hit points, although I'd be hard pressed to support that claim.
    "Let us wrestle with the ineffable and see if we may not, in fact, eff it after all." -Dirk Gently, character of the late great Douglas Adams.

Bug Hunter Senior Member player1's Avatar

As far as I understand generals have +5hp compared to the bodyguard unit.

So 7hp default, 15hp if scarface, 1hp if very, very ill.
    BUG-FIXER, an unofficial patch for both Rome: Total War and its expansion pack

Quote Originally Posted by therother
    If GeneralHPLostRatioinBattle is bugged, perhaps we should just do without it?

So how about something like this:

Code:
    ;------------------------------------------
    Trigger scarred1
    -   WhenToTest PostBattle
    -
    -   Condition IsGeneral
    -         and PercentageBodyguardKilled > 50
    -         and GeneralNumKillsInBattle > 6
    -
    -   Affects BattleScarred  1  Chance  30
    This would mean that general's unit has been in tough combat, as he's lost over half his unit, and has engaged the enemy personally, as he's killed more than 6 men. The thresholds, of course, could be tweaked.
    Interesting...
    I never knew that there is PercentageBodyguardKilled condition in the game.

Now, when I think about it, PercentageBodyguardKilled could be a very useful trigger for patial solution.

Would something like this work:

Trigger battle1
    WhenToTest PostBattle

Condition (GeneralHPLostRatioinBattle < 0.7
    or GeneralHPLostRatioinBattle > 0.3)
    and PercentageBodyguardKilled > 0.3
    and not CultureType roman

Affects BattleScarred 1 Chance 30
    Affects Brave 1 Chance 15

PercentageBodyguardKilled is used as some sort of checker to distinguish false generalhpcount form the real one.

Actually, let's just keep it simple:

Replace GeneralHPLostRatioinBattle with PercentageBodyguardKilled
    And get:

Trigger battle1
    WhenToTest PostBattle

Condition PercentageBodyguardKilled > 0.3

Affects BattleScarred 1 Chance 30
    Affects Brave 1 Chance 15

Simple and effective aprox.
    And is not buggy.

Same to be done to shieldbreared and heroic saviour.

player1, that is exactly what I suggested over my last few posts, even down to eventually settling for only %BodyguardKilled :P

The input it takes is an actual percentage though (instead of a ratio), and I settled for 50 since the troops have a less hitpoints than the general.

Well, is really PercentageBodyguardKilled counting how many bodyguards die?

I ask this beacuse I tried using it instead of Generalhp for heroic savior (triggers when more then 80% bodyguard is killed).

But, I got HS when fighting some rebels with general unit only, which only had light casualties (manual battle).

Nevermind, I just realized thta it needs to be 80% and not 0.8

CVP 1.2 was just released with fixes for all the bugs discussed here.

Ok, I made complied list of fixes for character traits and retinue members.

1) Buggy GeneralHPLostRatioinBattle condition replaced with PercentageBodyguardKilled, as best aproximation. This fixes Scarface issue and fixes to retinue members that used same condition
    2) Double checked Scarface trait for Romans fixed (battle1 trigger should be limited to non Romans)
    3) Coward trait fixed, so it actually happens when general avoids fighting, leaving dirty job to his troops (chnaged "= 0" to "> 0" in PercentageEnemyKilled condition, buggy GeneralFoughtInCombat condition replaced with GeneralNumKillsInBattle = 0)
    4) Patched the hole in IndecisiveAttacker line of triggers, since they never got triggered when withdrawing with odds higher then 1.5, but lower then 3 in your favor (second trigger battle odds changed from "> 3 to "> 1.5")
    5) Double awarded traits in manual battle bug fixed (thanks to Zrave for idea!)
    This is only partial fix, since in cases when same general fights two autocalced battles in same turn, it won't get any traits in second battle.

It can be found in these two threads:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/index...&id=1812000192
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/index...&id=1812000194
    Last edited by player1; 03-12-2005 at 01:04.

Apart from all the mods and 'fixes' that usually give you balance preferences of their makers as well, this is the first post that actually helps people understand what traits went wrong and how.

CA needs a spelling checker! Small little mistakes have persisted since version 1.0, and the bug-fixer by Player1, Borsook and Camp Freddie fixes a lot of these typos.

With credit to your name i have added Farmer and Trader to their list, gregab25. Your suggested fix of Scarred/Hero/Brave doesn't work. GeneralHPLostRatioinBattle is beyond repair. Don't use it.

Cheers Player1.
    Last edited by sunsmountain; 03-14-2005 at 16:41.
    in montem soli non loquitur

(\_/) (>.<) That's what happens with bunnies
    (x.X)(_)(_) who want to achieve world domination!

becoming is for people who do not will to be

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678