Thread: Found : World Wonders detailed effects

Default Found : World Wonders detailed effects

I asked this before in a post and no one answered, found now, sorry if this is common knowledge :

Hanging Gardens : +20% on farming income in all settlements.

Statue of Zeus : +4 loyalty in all settlements.

Colossos of Rhodes : +40% naval trade.

Pharos at Alexandria : halves the chance of nearby ships at sea sinking and increases naval movement allowances.

The Great Pyramid at Giza : increases the loyalty of Egyptians to the owning faction, regardless of culture.

Mausoleum at Halicarnassus : reduces building construction times by 20%. This has no effect on buildings that take less than 5 turns to complete.

Temple of Artemis at Ephesus : reduces the cost of new religious buildings by 30% in all settlements.

CeltiberoRamiroI Member Monkwarrior's Avatar
    Salduie/Caesaraugusta/ Sarakusta/Saragossa

Default Re: Found : World Wonders detailed effects

Thx for the information (I didn't know exactly the effects of wonders).

Now, I am thinking in the possibility of placing them in a provincial campaign, with different names and textures. I suppose those effects are hardcoded, but all of them (except that of the piramids) are applicable to any campaign.
    Did anybody tested this point?

Cheers.

At a new top-secret (non-CA) location, surrounded by lots of steel and glass, high atriums, hordes of lovely marketing ladies, and with a new and spacious desk with plenty of room for body-moving.

The Statue of Zeus bonus was reduced to +2 for balancing reasons, although I'm not sure if the text was changed to match.

Also, what the Pyramids do is *cancel* out any culture penalties you get when taking over Egyptian cities - very worthwhile indeed.
    Last edited by JeromeGrasdyke; 02-28-2005 at 18:10.
    "All our words are but crumbs that fall down from the feast of the mind."
    -- from 'The Prophet' by Kahlil Gibran

Is it just me, or do the World Wonder's effects deteriate over time? My Temple of Zeus's bonus was first about +80%, but a few turns later, it is +20%ish. Nice to know though.

Spends his time on TWC Member Simetrical's Avatar

The Statue of Zeus' effects used to disappear over time in 1.1. I don't know if they fixed that in 1.2.

-Simetrical
    TWC Administrator

MediaWiki Developer

OTOH, there is a bonus for capturing any wonder that is intended to diminish over time. If you capture the Zeus wonder, the two effects display the same way, so it may be WAD after all.
    "Let us wrestle with the ineffable and see if we may not, in fact, eff it after all." -Dirk Gently, character of the late great Douglas Adams.

At a new top-secret (non-CA) location, surrounded by lots of steel and glass, high atriums, hordes of lovely marketing ladies, and with a new and spacious desk with plenty of room for body-moving.

All Wonders also have a short-lived 'happiness' effect on the rest of your Empire, which starts at +20 order and decays by 4 order per turn. The Statue of Zeus bonus is on top of this, and does not decay (it was accidentally left unimplemented before the 1.2 patch, which is the source of the confusion).
    "All our words are but crumbs that fall down from the feast of the mind."
    -- from 'The Prophet' by Kahlil Gibran

Quote Originally Posted by JeromeGrasdyke
    Also, what the Pyramids do is *cancel* out any culture penalties you get when taking over Egyptian cities - very worthwhile indeed.
    Yes, very worthwhile, for everyone _but_ the Egyptians who had to build the things in the first place!
    Epistolary Richard's modding Rules of Cool
    Cool modders make their mods with the :mod command line switch
    If they don't, then Cool mod-users use the Mod Enabler (JSGME)
    Cool modders use show_err
    Cool modders use the tutorials database Cool modders check out the Welcome to the Modding Forums! thread Cool modders keep backups Cool modders help each other out