Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: BUG-FIXER, an unofficial patch for Rome: Total War

Default Re: BUG-FIXER, an unofficial patch for Rome: Total War

Quote Originally Posted by player1
    There is also probably a problem with VnV system too, since it got tweaked in MM to add aditional bonuses to law and similar effects.

But you could be able to use it if you forgoe those tweaks.
    Yeah I just modified my game yesterday with MM and Bugfixer in the following sequence:

1. MM V1.2 (preferred it over V2.0).
    2. Player1 Bugfixer.
    3. Gloss textures added (shouldn't effect any mods anyway).
    4. CC Light MusicMod. (Haven't checked this one fully after install).

This was my first major modification for RTW, as I haven't played it in months now due to lack of time etc. Its a fresh start, and I installed all mods one by one and checked if the game played fine. It seems to work just great, and I prefer Player1's fixes (that is not to discredit anyone else's work ofcourse).

@ Player1

I have a request to make of you. Is it possible for you to show me how I can add a plain archer unit to Carthage. Or if its not too much to ask, you may be better equiped to simply add a unit to the export_desc_unit.txt file and post it for download.

I am quite alright with following specific instructions and can modify the .txt files myself if you could simply explain it to me.

Thanks a lot for your help, and keep up the great work.
    AMD A64 3700+ (San Diego)
    MSI K8N NEO4 Platinum
    Asus EN7800GTX TOP 256MB
    Kingston 2x1 GB DDR400 Ram
    Cooler Master Extreme Power Duo 600W

Bug Hunter Senior Member player1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sik1977
    I have a request to make of you. Is it possible for you to show me how I can add a plain archer unit to Carthage. Or if its not too much to ask, you may be better equiped to simply add a unit to the export_desc_unit.txt file and post it for download.

I am quite alright with following specific instructions and can modify the .txt files myself if you could simply explain it to me.
    Go to the export_descr_buildings.txt file and find missile buildings. Then for every building you want these units available, find carthaginian archer line and change owners from "numidia," to "numidia, carthage,"

This way you can recruit them in campaign.

For them to be available in custom battles, you need to go to export_descr_unit.txt file, find the unit and add as owner carthage.

This all with not solve question of unit cards, since they and not supplied with the game (you'll see black peasants).

For that I suggest you to browse twcenter.net forums, since I think out there somebody made proper units cards. Ask them to see how to install them. I think they only need to be put in proper folder.
    Last edited by player1; 08-27-2005 at 14:48.
    BUG-FIXER, an unofficial patch for both Rome: Total War and its expansion pack

Go to the export_descr_buildings.txt file and find missile buildings. Then for every building you want these units available, find carthaginian archer line and change owners from "numidia," to "numidia, carthage,"

This way you can recruit them in campaign.

For them to be available in custom battles, you need to go to export_descr_unit.txt file, find the unit and add as owner carthage.

This all with not solve question of unit cards, since they and not supplied with the game (you'll see black peasants).

For that I suggest you to browse twcenter.net forums, since I think out there somebody made proper units cards. Ask them to see how to install them. I think they only need to be put in proper folder.
    Thanks a lot for the help. I managed to get the Carthiginian archers to work both in campaign and in custom battles. However, no luck with the unit cards. I searched TWC, and found one relevent thread after some searching, but it wasn't too helpful, nor did it provide any link to a unit cards created by someone for the Carthaginian Archers.

I will keep looking, in the meanwhile, if you locate the unit cards, or remember where you last saw them, please do post the link.

Thanks again.
    MSI K8N NEO4 Platinum
    Asus EN7800GTX TOP 256MB

Sardonic Antipodean Member Trithemius's Avatar

Hey, brilliant work! This fix was enough to re-addict me to RTW.
    Trithemius
    "Power performs the Miracle." - Johannes Trithemius

@ Player1

This is with regard to the Carthage Archers advice.

I found a collection of Carthage unit cards on TWC. However, they are meant to replace all the existing cards, and have a longwinded method of doing so (replacing the ui_1.pak file etc.). There are no instructions as to how I can simply add any one unit card.

I have your player1 bug fixer installed (on to of MM) and it came with atleast one additional unit card for the Spanish Onagers which go here \Rome - Total War\Data\UI\unit_info\spain

I thought i'd try a simple trick, and created a carthage folder under unit_info and extracted the CARTHAGINIAN_ARCHER_INFO.tga file from the pack of Carthage unit cards and placed it in there (\Rome - Total War\Data\UI\unit_info\carthage).

But no luck, its still the same ol' black peasant pic. Can you help me out further?

Thanks.
    Last edited by sik1977; 08-28-2005 at 19:38.
    MSI K8N NEO4 Platinum
    Asus EN7800GTX TOP 256MB

Actually, something like you did is what is necessary, if you don't want to toy with packing pak files.

But, I think there should be two cards, one big and one small.

By looking through existing pak files structure, using some of the extractors found at TWC, I could say that following should be done:

1) The exact same thing you already done. It should give you proper BIG unit card

2) #CARTHAGINIAN_ARCHER.TGA, if exist should be put in D:\Games\Rome - Total War\Data\UI\UNITS\CARTHAGE folder. This will give you small unit card.

I hope this helps...

Actually, something like you did is what is necessary, if you don't want to toy with packing pak files.

But, I think there should be two cards, one big and one small.

By looking through existing pak files structure, using some of the extractors found at TWC, I could say that following should be done:

1) The exact same thing you already done. It should give you proper BIG unit card

2) #CARTHAGINIAN_ARCHER.TGA, if exist should be put in D:\Games\Rome - Total War\Data\UI\UNITS\CARTHAGE folder. This will give you small unit card.

I hope this helps...
    It worked.

Thanks a bunch.
    MSI K8N NEO4 Platinum
    Asus EN7800GTX TOP 256MB

Research Fiend Technical Administrator Tetris Champion, Summer Games Champion, Snakeman Champion, Ms Pacman Champion therother's Avatar

Have you managed to get SufferAssassinationAttempt to work correctly? I notice that it's in version 1.62.

Edit: Ah, seems to be something they fixed in 1.2...
    Last edited by therother; 08-30-2005 at 06:19.
    Nullius addictus iurare in uerba magistri -- Quintus Horatius Flaccus

History is a pack of lies about events that never happened told by people who weren't there -- George Santayana

Version 1.63 released:

-Reference to "good quality armour" from Desert Axemen custom battle description changed to "wooden shields" (probably leftover from pre-patch time when desert axemen has armor value of 11)
    -Reference to "leather armour" from late Thracian bodyguard changed to "mail armour", to match up unit skins
    -Fixed a problem when standard AI formation would not get used for armies consisting of only non-phalanx spearmen infantry
    -Fixed problem with roman formation when general would be put at flanks (added separate general block at back)
    -Made possible for armies with only Hastati infantry to use roman formation, by making 3rd line of infantry not mandatory
    -Fixed problem with formation for large missile cavalry groups, when general unit would be at flank overlapping with infantry
    -Fixed an error in AI single line formation when artillery units would overlap with rest on the units
    -Added section describing common combinations of different mods in the readme

Note that if you use some of AI formation mods, that you should install them on top of bug-fixer.

Small update in v1.64

-Fixed the trigger for priest of Neptune, so it won't be awarded to governors or agents

Ja mata, TosaInu Forum Administrator edyzmedieval's Avatar

Player1,

Do you plan on making a bug-fixer for BI also? It would be cool.

Thanks,
    Edyzmedieval

P.S.: All hail the Balkans! You're my neighbour.
    Ja mata, TosaInu. You will forever be remembered.

Proud

Been to:

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming in France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A novel set before the war.

A Painted Shield of Honour - 1313. Templar Knights in France are in grave danger. Can they be saved?

If it needs one...

Ja mata, TosaInu Forum Administrator edyzmedieval's Avatar

I'm very sure of that.....
    Ja mata, TosaInu. You will forever be remembered.

Proud

Been to:

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming in France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A novel set before the war.

A Painted Shield of Honour - 1313. Templar Knights in France are in grave danger. Can they be saved?

For BUG-FIXER lovers, I looked thorough "previously posted at TWC" (edited due to legal reasons) updated export_descr_unit.txt file from imperial campaign in BI expansion.

Here is how it influenced imperial campaign for BI:

Changes in export_descr_unit.txt file:

-Fixed the issue with all horse/camel/chariot archers, when they are unable to fire while skirmishing
    Can't confirm, since it needs to be checked in the game, which I have not.
    Due to reports in BI demo, I guess it is fixed

-Fixed the issue with Pontus and Scythian generals, when they would never get their bodyguards upgraded after Marius reforms (as it happens with all other bodyguard units)
    Scythian general fixed, Pontic one isn't.
    I guess we have material for new bug-fixer.

-Removed Wedge ability from both Thracian bodyguard units (made no sense for general's unit)
    Fixed.

-Late Thracian bodyguard unit gets its armor rating increased from 3 to 6, so it would actually have different stats then early bodyguard, especially considering that it already uses heavier armored unit model
    It got 9 armor points, and is now called armoured general.

-Removed shield bonus from early Thracian bodyguards and Bedouin Archers, since those units have no shields
    Fixed. I'm proud that I guessed exact same unit cost in BUG-FIXER.

-Added shield bonus of 4 to late Pontic bodyguards, since their unit models have shield
    Fixed, I guessed right cost too.

Pontic Phalanx Pikemen get its unit size increased from 40 to 60 and shield bonus reduced from 5 to 2, in order to make them consistent with other phalanx units
    Unmodified.
    I guess CA really ment them to be different then normal pikemen, in both stack and shield rating.
    Although it doesn't explain why they use same skin and shield size as other pikes.
    Or maybe not, haven't played the game...

-Fixed inconsistencies in mass ratings for following units: Bastarnae Mercenaries, Silver Shield Legionaries, Scutarii and Bull Warriors
    Silver Shield Legionaries and Bull Warriors fixed (got mass of 1.3), others not.
    I guess they ment to have Scutarii with lower rating (ok), while it's strange that Bastenae Merc didn't got touched.

-Fixed inconsistencies with effects on mounts for Armenian Heavy Spearmen and Illyrian and Sarmatian mercenaries
    Seems fixed, also it seems that units use new format for anti-cavalry bonuses.

-Removed "annoying" blue officer from rebel Archer Warband
    Not fixed!

-Sound of "armor" for Desert Axemen and Bastarnae Mercenaries changed from metal to flesh, since they wear no armor
    Desert Axemen fixed (it even has lower armor rating of 3), Bastarnae Merc aren't touched.

Pre-1.2 bugs (not BUG-FIXER related):

Germanic Spear Warband is phalanx unit, but has secondary attack missing. Pre 1.2, it made them autorout outside phalanx formation.
    Don't know will it function differently in BI.

So to sum up possible bugs left:
    -Pontic pikemen exactly same as before (maybe not a bug, but a feature?)
    -Pontus general not upgrading to later version
    -Bastane Merc armor sound and mass rating inconsistant compared to Thracian Bastanae and Thracian Merc
    -Annoying blue officer in rebel Archer Warband still living
    -German warband phalanx has no secondary attack

Not bad, but enough to keep me from retiring.

Stalin (the swedish guy with BI) posted this to my PM

Quote Originally Posted by stalin
    Germanic Spear Warband is phalanx unit, but has secondary attack missing. Pre 1.2, it made them autorout outside phalanx formation.
    Don't know will it function differently in BI

Hi,funny you should mention this, they are still killing stuff and don't autorout but it sure looks crap!
    https://img218.imageshack.us/my.php?image=namnls8sm.jpg
    https://img296.imageshack.us/my.php?...namnls19mi.jpg
    I can't seem to post in Colosseum

By the way, I just realized even in 1.2, if you remove secondary attack that unit will behaive like this. Will still fight with full power, but with spears up and no swords.

BI version of BUG-FIXER, will soon be relased.
    It will mostly include fixes to BI campaign, plus a few important fixes for imperial campaign.

It will not include VnV and retinue fixes for imperial campaign.
    Reason for this is that BI campaign VnV system is full of fixes and balance tweaks to problems that exited in original imperial campaign. On the other hand, VnV system for 1.3 version of imperial campaign is pretty close to unmoded 1.2.

So extracting most of those fixes from BI to imperial campaign is closer to a "porting" then "fixing", so it's tedious proccess. Maybe when I get more time it will be done.

For now, I still need to make documentation and maybe include a few most fixes, in order to get new BUG-FIXER released.

Germanic Spear Warband is phalanx unit, but has secondary attack missing.
    I'd suggest you leave the no secondary attack as is, and just remove the phalanx ability.

_________Designed to match Original STW gameplay.

Beta 8 + Beta 8.1 patch + New Maps + Sound add-on + Castles 2

The Idle Inquisitor Member rebelscum's Avatar
    Hiding behind a bush ready to pounce, like a good Rebel.

Please fix the seige bug where enemies approach walls and stand there when they have no seige equipment.
    I hate my signature!

Quote Originally Posted by Puzz3D
    I'd suggest you leave the no secondary attack as is, and just remove the phalanx ability.
    Sorry, but for bug-fixer I'm playing conservatevly.
    Which means unit working as it did in 1.2 (read: phalanx with dagger/sword as secondary weapon)

Otherwise you'll get different names galic warband, with for some reason bigger attack rating.

And model has both spear and sword skeletons for a reason.

Quote Originally Posted by rebelscum
    Please fix the seige bug where enemies approach walls and stand there when they have no seige equipment.
    Well, I have no idea how to fix something like that.
    If it's not hardcoded, maybe some of formation gurus could help about that. I'm powerless about this issue.

BUG-FIXER v2.00 relased.

See new official thread for details:
    https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=55464

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678