Thread: Ok, How The Heck Do I Make This Happen

Default Ok, How The Heck Do I Make This Happen

On the SHOGUN screen shots, they are taken with a completely different graphics engine. What do I need to get and download to have the same graphics? It looks fantastic, something modded from RTW Im guessing.

Any help here would be appreciated.

THANX

Toh-GAH-koo-reh Member Togakure's Avatar

Default Re: Ok, How The Heck Do I Make This Happen

I'm not sure what you're asking--Shogun was the first TW release, so if anything is based on anything, it would be aspects of RTW based on STW (though my understanding is that RTW uses a brand new 3D graphics engine; to my knowledge, Shogun is just very nicely done 2D sprites).

To what screenshots are you referring? Do you mean when you press the PRTSCRN key and create a screenshot file? If so, I don't know much about that in regards to what graphics engine is used, etc. I use a third-party tool called Snaggit for such tasks. If this is what you are referring to, then hopefully someone else here can help.
    Be intent on loyalty
    While others aspire to perform meritorious services
    Concentrate on purity of intent
    While those around you are beset by egoism

misc kanryodo

I believe you are referring to the Sengoku Jidai screenshots, for those you would need to have Rome Totalwar.

Quote Originally Posted by Sasaki Kojiro
    I believe you are referring to the Sengoku Jidai screenshots, for those you would need to have Rome Totalwar.
    Yes those must be the screen shots. I do have RTW, the whole TW series in fact.

So what do I need to do in order to run RTW in a STW time period? If that makes sense.

THANX

Toh-GAH-koo-reh Member Togakure's Avatar

The Sengoku Jidai mod is a modification of RTW that was in development the last time I checked. Last I saw there was a forum dedicated to it in the RTW forums section, under Mods, etc. You would probably do better to scan there and ask, as this area is focused on the original Shogun game.

EDIT: Correction, the Sengoku Jidai project is located in the Totalwar Series Forum under Hosted Mods.
    Last edited by Togakure; 03-22-2005 at 10:40.
    Be intent on loyalty
    While others aspire to perform meritorious services
    Concentrate on purity of intent
    While those around you are beset by egoism

misc kanryodo

At the risk of being a smartass, you go over to the forum, make a post asking what PayPal account you can send donations to.
    "Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity...
    ... the product of screwing being newborn virgins and the product of pacification wars being peace."