Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: On the Feeding and Breeding of Governors and Generals

Deranged rock ape Member Quirinus's Avatar

Default Re: On the Feeding and Breeding of Governors and Generals

Quote Originally Posted by Good Ship Chuckle
    You're probably right. CA is probably right in making worse generals in BI. But still, in BI, I miss the days when I could thrash other factions with my huge command generals. :)
    But then again there are night battles, which help A LOT. 'Noctophilic' gives +3 to Command when fighting at night, I think. Not to be trifled with.
    WARNING! This baseline signature should never appear on screen!

Quote Originally Posted by Quirinus
    But then again there are night battles, which help A LOT. 'Noctophilic' gives +3 to Command when fighting at night, I think. Not to be trifled with.
    It is good that most mods enable night attacks without the need of BI

Best Laugh on the Seven Seas Member Good Ship Chuckle's Avatar
    Aboard me scurvy vessel, giving orders to swashbucklers and landlubbers alike. Yaarg!

Quote Originally Posted by Quirinus
    True, true. But to be honest, I would rather have straight up command, like "Superior Command" which gives you three command, whether its day or night.
    When your mama jokes aren't funny anymore, who ya gonna call?
    Eshmunazar lol

Laughin' out loud since 251 BC.

wow, thats a really long, but really useful guide! thanks!

One easily trifled with Member Target Champion Motep's Avatar

I doubt I will ever have enough time to read it all the way through, but what a useful read those chunks shall be!
    TosaInu shall never be forgotten.

Rediscovered this amazing post

Going through my first RTW campaign at the moment (patched to the official v1.5 and then with player1's excellent work on top of that) and getting fed up with characters collecting relatively useless-for-governing retinue such as armourers, military engineers, mining engineers (don't need too many of those), gladiators, hunting dogs etc. so I've ended up finding a couple of cities in regions which don't have mines, and building the knowledge buildings (scriptorium, ludus magna) and temples - but not the foundry, siege engineer, amphitheatre/colosseum - and sending new family members there for a few turns to build up a collection of useful retinue.

And thus, the invention of university cities

The relatively useless retinue for governors (armourers, military engineers, historians and so forth - mostly military) get passed onto my older family members who, once they reach 60 or thereabouts, become dedicated field generals. Not too worried if they die of old age as they're not taking a useful set of governing retinue with them
    Quote Originally Posted by CountMRVHS
    Maximus, have you considered commanding your wife to go bake a pie? That'll give you a few hours of peace, and then surprise! Pie!

Quote Originally Posted by Aesculapius View Post
    In order to trade ancillaries, characters need to be present in the same place. Open one character’s scroll; with the left mouse button, click and drag the ancillary from the scroll onto the unit card of the receiving character. Just imagine: you can give away your Evil Mother-in-Law! (All right, you can snigger this time). Certain ancillaries will refuse to serve in the same retinue as certain others (for example, a Crooked Judge will never travel with an Honest Man, and Pet Lions and Pet Hunting Dogs will no more get along than a Problem Mother with an Evil Mother-in-Law).
    never knew that
    thank you
    I'll bare that in mind
    A good genarel does not ask who commands an army, but where they are. He will enage all who attack him.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234