Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Discussion and Announcements

Default Re: Extended Greek Mod

Do you want to help on my mini mod?

Question Re: Extended Greek Mod

XGM is simply amazing.

One thing though: using just about the lowest settings, I found out that the Spartans don't have a proper Labda on their shields - it seemed as if the paint turned out not to be waterproof during a downpour. Any way to fix that, while keeping low settings?
    - Tellos Athenaios
    CUF tool - XIDX - PACK tool - SD tool - EVT tool - EB Install Guide - How to track down loading CTD's - EB 1.1 Maps thread

ὁ δ᾽ ἠλίθιος ὣσπερ πρόβατον βῆ βῆ λέγων βαδίζει” – Kratinos in Dionysalexandros.

It looks like the skinning is a little messed up on the lowest quality model. i might take a shot at fixing it some time, but until then you can edit xgm/data/descr_model_battle.txt and force the game to use the second lowest detail level.

Here's what the altered entries should look like:
    Code:
    type				greek_hoplite_spartan_xgm
    skeleton			fs_spearman, fs_s1_swordsman
    indiv_range			40
    texture				greek_cities, data/models_unit/textures/UNIT_GREEK_SPARTAN_PHALANGITE.TGA
    texture				romans_brutii, data/models_unit/textures/UNIT_GREEK_SPARTAN_PHALANGITE.TGA
    model_flexi_m		xgm/data/models_unit/unit_greek_spartan_phalangite_high.cas, 15
    model_flexi_m		xgm/data/models_unit/unit_greek_spartan_phalangite_medium.cas, 30
    model_flexi_m		xgm/data/models_unit/unit_greek_spartan_phalangite_low.cas, 40
    model_flexi		xgm/data/models_unit/unit_greek_spartan_phalangite_low.cas, max
    model_sprite		greek_cities, 60.0, xgm/data/sprites/greek_cities_greek_spartan_hoplite_sprite.spr
    model_sprite		romans_brutii, 60.0, xgm/data/sprites/greek_cities_greek_spartan_hoplite_sprite.spr
    model_tri			400, 0.5f, 0.5f, 0.5f
    Code:
    type				greek_spartan_hoplite
    skeleton			fs_s1_hoplite
    indiv_range			40
    texture				greek_cities, data/models_unit/textures/UNIT_GREEK_SPARTAN_HOPLITE.TGA
    texture				romans_brutii, data/models_unit/textures/UNIT_GREEK_SPARTAN_HOPLITE.TGA
    model_flexi_m		xgm/data/models_unit/unit_greek_spartan_hoplite_high.cas, 15
    model_flexi_m		xgm/data/models_unit/unit_greek_spartan_hoplite_medium.cas, 30
    model_flexi_m		xgm/data/models_unit/unit_greek_spartan_hoplite_low.cas, 40
    model_flexi		xgm/data/models_unit/unit_greek_spartan_hoplite_low.cas, max
    model_sprite		greek_cities, 60.0, xgm/data/sprites/greek_cities_greek_spartan_hoplite_sprite.spr
    model_sprite		romans_brutii, 60.0, xgm/data/sprites/greek_cities_greek_spartan_hoplite_sprite.spr
    model_tri			400, 0.5f, 0.5f, 0.5f
    Last edited by DimeBagHo; 05-29-2006 at 17:27.

Quote Originally Posted by DimeBagHo
    AwesomeArcher: Sorry I missed the question at the end of your post earlier. The answer is yes you can take units from XGM and add them to vanilla RTW. If you need a guide for adding units there is an excellent guide in the scriptorium here. As far as permissions go, if it is for personal use you can use whatever you like.
    Alright, thanks. But how do i exactly go about doing that. I looked through the tutorials real quick and didnt find what i was exactly looking for. So either which tutorial is it or how exactly to i take a unit from XGM and move it to RTW.
    Last edited by AwesomeArcher; 05-29-2006 at 15:42.
    "Nuts" -Gen. Anthony McAuliffe-

What doesnt kill you makes you stronger.

ill tell you on msn.

Here's the guide for adding new units: https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=51750

You will have to dig through the xgm/data folder to find the files you need.

Do you want to help with my mini mod for XGM?

XGM version 4.0.10 is now available for download.

You can get it here.
    You can see the readme here.

The major changes are:

-Added Hepteres and Deceres to Ptolemies
    -Removed grain resources (new campaigns only)
    -Limited contsruction of farms in desert regions
    -Adjusted some economic bonuses
    -Fixed CTD in 177 BC

kburkert: Are you asking me, or just people in general?

You and eneyone else.

If i was to create a PBEM for XGM who would play and what version would you like to play it on.

ah man this mod rockes!

by the way is it just me or do battles last longer, with units taking longer to fight or rout now? reminds me a little of my MTW days.... which i still play lol

Play by Email Multiplayer Campaign up, go here https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showt...61#post1164961

Default Re: Extended Greek Mod (Now V2.0)

Quote Originally Posted by DimeBagHo
    Do a fresh install of RTW and the 1.2 patch, then install XGM 2.1.1, and then start a fresh campaign.

If you really want the extended map then the best idea is probably to wait a few days until I can organize a version that will work correctly with XGM.
    Wait isnt this for RTW 1.5? or is that the older version?

2.1.1 is an older version of XGM that works on 1.2.

Hi,

I have the official CA spartan skin installed, and to install XGM I'd just be copying my current RTW folder and installing over copy. Cab I do this or will I need to reinstall RTW, BI and the 1.6 patch?

you should be able to add the .dds files and .cas files in, edit the stats and thats that all done.

Monarch: I should be fine to just install XGM as is. The CA Spartan skin should not cause any problems, and XGM does not over-write any original files so you don't need a back-up (unless you really really want one :) ).

So... no one interested in playing a PBEM campaign for XGM. Not even you DimeBagHo?

Version? Rules? Difficulty?
    The best is yet to come.
    ZX MiniMod: Where MTW meets AOE
    https://www.wmwiki.com/hosted/ZxMod.exe
    Now on beta 3 with playable golden horde!

Just installed the new version of XGM, and reading the readme I came across a small mistake in the Modding XGM section:

"2. Green arrow markers are switched off by default. You can switch them on with: DISABLE_ARROW_MARKERS:FALSE"

To all who don't yet see: FALSE should be TRUE.

Going to try the new version now.
    - Tellos Athenaios
    CUF tool - XIDX - PACK tool - SD tool - EVT tool - EB Install Guide - How to track down loading CTD's - EB 1.1 Maps thread

ὁ δ᾽ ἠλίθιος ὣσπερ πρόβατον βῆ βῆ λέγων βαδίζει” – Kratinos in Dionysalexandros.

Senior Member Senior Member Jambo's Avatar

Started playing this mod the other day. Firstly, I just want to say superb mod! It's much better than vanilla in almost every way. In fact it's exactly the way I'd have chosen to play RTW and here are just a few modifications in particular which caught my attention -

*No fatigue!
    *Increasing the morale of units across the board, barring the generals. THis is something I used to do for myself. Very good.
    *Slowing the battles down.

I've only noticed one little flaw so far, and that's the Thracian (who I picked) warband don't seem to be able to warcry although they're apparently able to from the descr_export_unit text file. Any ideas why they can't?

Also I do get some lag on the larger campaign map as the AI factions take their turns. Is there ay way to circumvent this?

One suggestion - remove large stone walls completely, as you've done with the epics? They, or the large siege towers used against them, are bugged and what happens is men sometimes fail to go into the large siege tower onto the walls. A human player can work around this, but the AI can't, alas. Anyway, anything above stone walls is rather unnecessary and somewhat fictional... :D

=MizuDoc Otomo=

Large Stonewall have been downsized to normal level and the small siege towers are used to assault them. Play a bit longer and you will see.

Jambo: Stoneface is correct - the large stone walls are really small stone walls with a few extra bonuses. For the lag on the strat map you can try lowering pgraphics settings. I think the problem with the Thracian warbands is just that Thrace is not a barbarian faction, so it won't work even if the unit is supposed to have it (thanks for pointing this out - I'll probably remove it in the next version).

Senior Member Senior Member Jambo's Avatar

Hi DBH,

Good stuff on the large stone walls!

Regarding Thrace, their units can warcry as I have been able to warcry with other thracian units other than the warband. I actually think it might be because the warband also has the shield wall ability and I don't think it's possible for a unit to have more than one special ability activated by the J key. Hope that helps.

J
    =MizuDoc Otomo=

XGM version 4.0.12 is now available for download.

You can get it here.
    You can see the readme here.

The major changes are:

-Added ATG's Bronze Spartans (Royal Guard)
    -Fix for crash in 130 BC

Aged retainer Member Guyus Germanicus's Avatar

DimeBagHo,
    I'm downloading version 4.0.12 from my home PC right now (typing this note from my office PC). Question: I read that your install puts its own icon shortcut on my desktop. Does that mean that if I want to go back to playing the vanilla RTW, I can simply access it through my old RTW desktop icon?

Since the -mod switch doesn't overwrite any of the original files, as you say, I was wondering if the old vanilla RTW will still work if I access RTW through my old desktop icon.

Am looking forward to trying out the Greek mod.

Guyus Germanicus
    "Those who would sacrifice a generation to realize an ideal are the enemies of mankind."
    -- Eric Hoffer

"Everyone after he has been fully trained, will be like His teacher." -- Luke 6:40

Quote Originally Posted by Guyus Germanicus
    Does that mean that if I want to go back to playing the vanilla RTW, I can simply access it through my old RTW desktop icon?
    yup.

Aged retainer Member Guyus Germanicus's Avatar

DBH -
    I downloaded the mod, then I extracted the files from the zipped-file using Windows. (I have a new machine, W/Windows XP Media Center) purchased just this last February or March. I ran the round XGM Mod icon from the XGM file, (it didn't seem to want to run referenced from the Windows Start/Run option). But it appeared to have installed the mod onto my machine. It added the Extended Greek Mod shortcut to my desktop.

When I executed the EGM shortcut, it brought up the RTW style Menu presentation. The Prologue option showed that it was not allowed in this game. Understandable. But there was no "provincial" menu option like I was expecting from something I read on a post from the author's comments on the TWCenter website. The campaign option appeared to be one of the active choices, and I could select it, but I wouldn't go anywhere. There was an error screen that appeared, but I did not write down the text of the error. It basically said something about expecting a date and there not being one. The pop-up window with the error message showed a line or two of programming code, but it didn't say much more than that.

I couldn't go back to my old RTW icon because it had been disabled in the upload of the Greek mod. When I clicked on it, it would tell me it was inactive.
    The XGM icons on my desktop for RTW and BI were both present. I didn't try the BI one.
    Don't know if this means anything but I'll mention it. My version of RTW/BI is the Gold Edition. It's supposed to be patched to 1.6. I purchased it in April of this year. So I have assumed that my version of RTW was completely compatible.

So now I'm going to assume that my newer version of RTW in the Gold Edition is either the problem, or there was something about the way I "ran" the XGM icon in the XGM folder for the XGM upload process that screwed the installation of the mod. I removed RTW and BI from my machine and reloaded them so I could play my ongoing campaign. But it also appears to me, that once I load XGM on my machine, the vanilla RTW will no longer be an option.

As an aside, I couldn't get Victoria and Mr. Centurion to shut up last night even when I set their advice on 'low'. Hope I didn't create a problem for myself in RTW in the "failed attempt" to upload XGM.

Comments? Suggestions?
    "Those who would sacrifice a generation to realize an ideal are the enemies of mankind."
    -- Eric Hoffer

"Everyone after he has been fully trained, will be like His teacher." -- Luke 6:40

Guyus Germanicus: Unfortunately, if you bought the Gold Edition in North America (and maybe some other places) it does not really patch the game to 1.6, so you will need to download the 1.6 patch and install it before you install XGM.

Installing XGM should not interfere with your vanilla RTW, so I'm not sure why you had problems with that. When you ran the installer a file should have been generated called install.log, in the folder where the XGM installer was located. Could you e-mail that to me, or post it here? (email: dimebagwhore@yahoo.com).

Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast