Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: Discussion and Announcements

REX POLONIAE Moderator KLAssurbanipal's Avatar

Default Re: Extended Greek Mod

EXTENDED GREEK MOD (XGM):

THORAKITAI:

Default Re: Extended Greek Mod (Now V2.0)

You ruined my companion calvary.

Last edited by TosaInu; 06-06-2007 at 11:10.

Quote Originally Posted by s_tabikha
    You ruined my companion calvary.

i h8 u

What? I don't understand You.
    Why You hate me?

s_tabikha: You might want to be more specific about the problem with the companion cavalry. :)

cataphriacts or whatever
    dgaf
    have you seen them in alexander?
    they look awsome
    catraphicts look stupid
    but i dont hate you if you made this mod as well
    great mod

KLA
    How come your unit skins arent in the game>?
    also is there anyway i can get your scared ban calvary from punic total war

uh somthings wrong with my units,
    they have realy pointy legs and there movement is off

Heey everyone

I have a question, when i install xmg 5.1.1 with every file i get a message cannot install this file, push abuse...etc.
    What do i have to do?

abuse=abort

for Extended Greek Mod:

Greek Cavarly:

Late Spartan Hoplite:

Last edited by KLAssurbanipal; 05-21-2007 at 10:41.

XGM version 5.2.0 is now available for download.

You can get it here.
    You can see the readme here.

The major changes are:

-Cut five regions from the interior of Africa
    -Added two regions to the coast of Africa
    -Libya Deserta (most of the African Interior) now uncapturable
    -Revised starting position for Carthage
    -Improved North African Trade
    -Reduced farming levels in Iberia
    -Removed Carthaginian Levy Phalangites
    -Added Poeni Marines to Carthage
    -Added AOR Numidian Infantry
    -Converted Carthaginian Militia to Phalanx unit

Because of the map changes this one won't work with older saved games.

First I'd like to say WOW great mod to everyone envolved. Now to my issue. Im having trouble putting armys onto ships after they've already made one voyage at sea. Mainly the Lesbos island and that other one beside Athens that the name of escapes me. Im sure its not just me having this issue is there anything i can do to try and fix it myself.

Oh and I can't edit my earlier post for spelling and to add that im playing as the GCS.

That's a new one on me. Can you give me a list of the unit types in the armies involved? Maybe there is a unit that doesn't have the ability to board ships.

On the Lesbos island I have 3 Generals 3 AOR hoplites my Spartan Royal's (the real reason im desperate to get off the island Cretean Archers, Cicilian Pirates and Doryphoroi. Im going to reinstall see if it fixes the problem.

Did you happen to bribe any of the Macedonian family members or units that were already there?

Units that were already there yes. I saved up cash and just had an army waiting for me when I landed the generals as I had bribed a wondering captain.

OK - I'm 90% sure that's the problem. I think I set up the AI Macedonian garrisons so that they couldn't be shipped off the islands. :) Just move those troops out of your stack and you should be fine.

Thanks for bringing this problem to light. I'll find some way to fix it in the next version.

XGM version 5.3.4 is now available for download.

You can get it here.

The major changes are:

-Dacia (formerly Ptolemaic rebels) converted to Sabaeans
    -Bactria is now playable
    -Removed Loyalty from Seleucids
    -Removed Loyalty from Ptolemies
    -Added Thebes, Patras, Amphipolis, Ephesus, Cyzicus, Trapezus, Qatarban
    -Moved several ports to produce more reasonable trade values
    -Cut several under used or island regions
    -Arabia Deserta is now uncapturable
    -Revised Carthage unit roster
    -Revised Iberian unit roster
    -Revised Baktrian unit roster
    -Revised Horse faction unit rosters (Scythia and Parthia)
    -Added many new AOR units

XGM version 5.4.1 is now available for download.

You can get it here.

The major changes are:

-Added Red Sea Axemen
    -Added Sabaean Heavy Spearmen
    -Added Sabaean Archers
    -Added Sabaean Temple Guard
    -Added Sabean Heavy Cavalry and new General's Bodyguard
    -Added Sabaean Camel Archers
    -Added Sabaean War Elephants
    -Added Sabaean Chariot Archers
    -Added temple of trade for Sabaeans
    -Revised trade in and around Arabia
    -Minor bug fixes

Praefectus Fabrum Senior Member Anime BlackJack Champion, Flash Poker Champion, Word Up Champion, Shape Game Champion, Snake Shooter Champion, Fishwater Challenge Champion, Rocket Racer MX Champion, Jukebox Hero Champion, My House Is Bigger Than Your House Champion, Funky Pong Champion, Cutie Quake Champion, Fling The Cow Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Virus Champion, Solitaire Champion, Worm Race Champion, Rope Walker Champion, Penguin Pass Champion, Skate Park Champion, Watch Out Champion, Lawn Pac Champion, Weapons Of Mass Destruction Champion, Skate Boarder Champion, Lane Bowling Champion, Bugz Champion, Makai Grand Prix 2 Champion, White Van Man Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, BlackJack Champion, Stans Ski Jumping Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Sofa Longjump Champion Seamus Fermanagh's Avatar

Many Compliments!

I am currently playing a Roman campaign using XGM 4.2x or so, set at H/M. I began this campaign shortly after my last post here in early March.

At long last, I have come nearly to a conclusion. I have a stable border across Poland and Romania (rebel provinces as buffer). I have all of Western Europe, Scandanavia, all Med. Islands, the Balkans and Asia Minor. I recently took Antioch and am preparing expeditions to conquer Carthage and Alexandria for the win. Only the Seluecids -- and their 25 or so full stacks worth of troops! -- remain.

This has taken me more than 140 years and more than 900 battles to accomplish.

EASILY the most challenging -- and therefore rewarding -- TW experience I have had. I cannot praise this mod too highly. Made a fun but rather pale game into a real and more historical challenge. Kudos to you!

Finished in 124BC with conquest of Cartha and Alex. A blast. downloaded installed and started on iteration 5 alpha -- very different game. Quite enjoyable thus far.

Minor Notes:

A few units have become locked in "celebration" and immovable thereafter for the rest of some battles (possibly this has been fixed in subsequent iterations).

Attacking a unit that is ascending a siege apparatus is impossible. You can attack a ram unit from behind while ramming, but your unit stops and reforms rather than attacking a unit ascending a ladder or tower -- even if only 1 or 2 figures have begun the ascent (this may be a CA issue however).
    Last edited by Seamus Fermanagh; 09-22-2007 at 04:34.
    "The only way that has ever been discovered to have a lot of people cooperate together voluntarily is through the free market. And that's why it's so essential to preserving individual freedom.” -- Milton Friedman

"The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule." -- H. L. Mencken

XGM version 5.5.7 is now available for download.

You can get it here.

The major changes are:

-Added AOR Thracian Cavalry (recruitable in Thrace, all factions)
    -Added AOR Syrian Archers (recruitable in Syria, all factions)
    -Added Merchant Marines (mercenaries only, Red Sea regions)
    -Added AOR Indian Cavalry (recruitable in India, all factions)
    -Re-worked Scythian Light Cavalry as javelin/axe skirmishers
    -Added half-armoured horse model for elite Greek cavalry units
    -Added new skins and models for imitation legionary units

Seamus Fermanagh: Glad you like the mod. The problem with attacking units on siege equipment is a vanilla problem.

Pincushioned Ashigaru Member Poulp''s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DimeBagHo
    XGM version 5.5.7 is now available for download.
    oh no, my new campaign on the 5.5.6 version was just getting interesting...
    speaking of versions, the change between v4.2 and 5.5 is great.

The introduction of colonies is a good idea to prevent the human player from steamrolling the map. (combined with the astronimical cost of units)
    The new AOR system makes Carthage a very interesting faction, perfectly suitable for role-playing. (I just love the idea of adapting my army to the environment)
    And I'm glad that GCS victory conditions changed.

great mod, and easily moddable to suit one's taste.

Congrats to the XGM team

BTW, playing as Rome on 5.5.6 version, it seems Prometheus' skin does not show up for AI factions: cities in North Africa, Northern Europe and the Far East still have the vanilla skin. However, when I built a roman shipyard in Carthago, the port turned to Prometheus' skin.
    Cities in Greece and Asia Minor are already using the new skin right from the beginning.
    Last edited by Poulp'; 09-23-2007 at 13:00.

Poulp': I'm glad you like the mod. Version 5.5.7 should work with saved games back to version 5.5.3 - though if you have made your own modifications you might encounter some problems.

As far as I know Prometheus only made models for Greek and Roman ports and cities, so only the stuff that was built by Greek and Roman factions will use them. Barbarians and Eastern factions still use the originals.

Some time I might take a shot at making some Eastern versions.

Quote Originally Posted by DimeBagHo
    Poulp': I'm glad you like the mod. Version 5.5.7 should work with saved games back to version 5.5.3 - though if you have made your own modifications you might encounter some problems.

As far as I know Prometheus only made models for Greek and Roman ports and cities, so only the stuff that was built by Greek and Roman factions will use them. Barbarians and Eastern factions still use the originals.

Some time I might take a shot at making some Eastern versions.
    Guilty, I already made a few basic modifications to prevent the AI from spamming agents, etc...
    That's not really a problem though, I'm still learning how the mod works.
    I'll upgrade to 5.5.7 and fine-tune it to my taste later.

Praefectus Fabrum Senior Member Anime BlackJack Champion, Flash Poker Champion, Word Up Champion, Shape Game Champion, Snake Shooter Champion, Fishwater Challenge Champion, Rocket Racer MX Champion, Jukebox Hero Champion, My House Is Bigger Than Your House Champion, Funky Pong Champion, Cutie Quake Champion, Fling The Cow Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Virus Champion, Solitaire Champion, Worm Race Champion, Rope Walker Champion, Penguin Pass Champion, Skate Park Champion, Watch Out Champion, Lawn Pac Champion, Weapons Of Mass Destruction Champion, Skate Boarder Champion, Lane Bowling Champion, Bugz Champion, Makai Grand Prix 2 Champion, White Van Man Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, BlackJack Champion, Stans Ski Jumping Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Sofa Longjump Champion Seamus Fermanagh's Avatar

Colonies are quite an interesting twist. Makes expansion easier in some ways but also much slower.

Trying a Ptolemies campaign. Funny how the Seluecids have good alliances with everybody but me -- I was never able to get a lasting alliance when I played them.
    "The only way that has ever been discovered to have a lot of people cooperate together voluntarily is through the free market. And that's why it's so essential to preserving individual freedom.” -- Milton Friedman

"The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule." -- H. L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by Seamus Fermanagh
    Colonies are quite an interesting twist. Makes expansion easier in some ways but also much slower.

Trying a Ptolemies campaign. Funny how the Seluecids have good alliances with everybody but me -- I was never able to get a lasting alliance when I played them.
    Playing as Saba, it's fun to see how many Ptolemaic and Seleucid armies end up in the south of the Arabic peninsula while they should clash in the Sinai...

DimeBagHo,
    Playing as Parthia (still on 5.5.6), the 4th tier governement building doesn't allow to train steppe infantry, was it fixed in 5.5.7 ?

still on 5.5.6, Sabean (sp?) general have no heavier, upgraded version available in the custom battle menu, whereas all other factions have
    Naked Fanatics (well a unit card which looks like NF) don't have a name in custom battle, they appear as "unspecified name folder" or something (just saw it minutes ago and and can't remember already... getting old is though) ... Gasatae maybe ?
    Last edited by Poulp'; 09-26-2007 at 13:06.

UP
    still on 5.5.6

about the missing unit name, it's actually "unlocated text name" (and the unit is probably Naked Fanatics, Att 19, Unit Cost 800); I have yet to dig into the text files

Median Cavalry's tooltip is missing a capital E ("equipped with composite bow...")

and that's all... for now

Poulp': Thanks for spotting those description errors. Version 5.5.8 is available. It fixes those, and a few other minor bugs.

Thanks for v5.5.8, I'll check the threads on TWC and upgrade this evening.
    Keep up the good work

and I wish to submit a few strategy guides, where should I send them ?

edit

upgraded to 5.5.8.2

the Gaesatae's description is still missing, found out why

there are 3 entries in EDU
    dictionary barb_naked_fanatics ; Gaesatae
    dictionary merc_barb_naked_fanatics ; Gaesatae
    dictionary barb_naked_fanatics_horde ; Gaesatae

and only 2 in export_units.txt
    {barb_naked_fanatics} Gaesatae
    {barb_naked_fanatics_horde} Gaesatae (horde)

that entry is missing,
    {merc_barb_naked_fanatics} Gaesatae

re edit

in descr_strat, Numidia is not labelled as re_emergent, is that normal ?
    at the same time, Britons (Baktria) is re_emergent, yet it is a playable faction

about Gauls, where is Aulercia on the campaign map ?
    they have 7 provinces at the start, and 8 provinces in descr_strat
    (Arvenia, Biturigia, Venetia, Cisalpine_Gaul, Aulercia, Liguria, Lugdinensis, Sequania)

edit, found out; Aulercia is a rebel gauls settlement

in export_descr_ancillaries;
    Ancillary priest_of_Haphaestus
    trigger_priest_of_Haphaestus
    in export_ancillaries.txt;
    {priest_of_Haphaestus} Priest of Hephaestus
    okay, this one is not important...
    Last edited by Poulp'; 10-01-2007 at 17:19.

Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819 LastLast