Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: CA asks for Bug List - to be fixed in the expansion

Default Re: CA asks for Bug List - to be fixed in the expansion

Quote Originally Posted by PseRamesses
    1: Fire at will command enables a unit to fire at an enemy that is not engaged with one of yours which is fine since it reduces friendly fire losses. The problem is that sometimes you do want to fire at an unit that is overpowering one of yours. Now, with a hastaii or principii unit they will throw two spears then charge. Put on guard command they should remain in their position and fire until ammo is depleted and not charge afterwards. Am I making sense?
    Yeah, I forgot about that because it's a while since I played the Romans. The only way you can fire your missiles without charging as hastati or principes is to put the units on autofire, but then you can't direct your fire at a particular unit. There should be some way to direct your fire without having your units charge afterwards.

Quote Originally Posted by PseRamesses
    Many units runs past their given deployment location and then back again to it. This causes units that are given a deployment close to a enemy unit to actually run into them and then try to return to their place.
    I think that's a "feature" rather than a bug.

Senior Member Senior Member Oaty's Avatar

Sallying Enemy bug I – Killing all the sallying enemy's forces doesn't give automatic victory to player (reported by Oaty). I think Oaty was trapped outside.
    I believe that's a misinterpretation if I remember correctly. The A.I. might possibly have unlimited sallies on last turn at least 2 for sure, could be the human has multiple sallies on last turn too and noones noticed. They sallied twice on the last turn to be starved out. First turn they sallied grouped up outside the walls, did not engage timer ran out. Returned to the campaign map expecting the occupy/enslave/exterminate message. Instead the A.I. sallies again, at least this time they grouped up and attacked. This time I had either taken the town square or decimated thier army to 10 percent of it's original size. Forget wich but this time it allowed me to have the city even though I should have had it on the first unsuccesful sally. Part of this problem might have been the A.I. had trouble coping that I was deployed on a side that had no gate on that wall.

BUGS

The A.I. can do multiple sallies or at least 2 when it is the turn they starve to submission/death.

CTD very easy to reproduce When the A.I. sallies and you drop your ladders (the 15 build point ones). With the ladders on the ground select some unit(s) and go to string them across in a line. When you do this if the mouse cursor has a palm and you go to string them out you get a CTD every single time. In the heat of battle this can be annoying.

Exploits

Siege towers/rams create an obstacle course or great flank protection. The second exploit is the unit with a siege tower/ladder has it already equipped and if it is far from the gatehouse can quickly march forward take the wall and automatically forces the A.I. call off it's sally. I feel that on a sally siege equipment should be deployed behind your lines unequipped as siege equipment was usually very well protected. Plus this allows the A.I. some time to prevent you from taking the walls.

A.I. attacking across bridges. I'd prefer the A.I. park there army next to mine instead of attacking and wasting a full stack unless the odds are about 5 to 1 in thier favour.

Expendable units. too often I route wardogs befor they have a chance. A.I. should release them right away with a proximity trigger.

Issues

A.I. assaulting towns many issues here.

First is an all cavalry army trying to assault.. The A.I. did have 1 unit of archers on a battering ram that was quickly destroyed by the gatehouse. So I'm not sure if they would not have tried an assault if the 1 foot unit was'nt there.

Second Rams are nearly worthless on stonewalls with less than a ~ 10 percent chance of success. But the A.I. still makes an attempt with them

Third breach in the wall/ spy opens gates. The A.I. bumrushes that breach allowing a potential massacre of thier army with a small garrison.

Fourth A.I. does'nt seem to use all thier build points, quite often I see a stack of 20 units Wich usually equates to 250-300 build points for me and when I am assaulted I do'nt think I ever see more than 200 worth of build points used. Also A.I. building sap points on wooden walls.

Fifth the A.I. does'nt do a good calculation of siege equipment to garrison ratio. 20 units VS 10 should maybe have the A.I build for 2 turns instead of aggresively assaulting as soon as it has siege equipment.

Sixth when the odds are overwhelming such as 20 units to 2 the A.I should send in waves instead of exhausting there whole army.

Seventh the bumrush all together. The A.I. should agrressively try to take the breaches, after that though I think the A.I would be better suited in taking the town center in more of a column style and NOT overlapping units. Along with this not engaging more than 2 units per path but to have a unit waiting close behind.

Eigth Generals might have a chance on the battlefield but is near nada when sending them in first on an assault.

Ninth routing units at the gate. Half there army is inside and routing, the other half is outside and trying to get in.

Tenth Automatically on deployment skirmishing should be turned off by default as skirmishing works very poorly in cities and in reality makes sense. The A.I. has too many problems with this.

Eleventh defending missile units, they are perfectly in good range of my units fire 1-3 rounds then dance around all in the meanwhile allow my archers to take them down to nothing. If my archers can hit them that means they can return the favour if they are matched in range ability. So stop A.I. archers from moving if they are in range of something. Same should go for assaulting

Twelfth does'nt occur too often but the overshoot feature should be disabled in city battles. Do'nt know if it's the overshoot feature or pathing causing this but units will run way way past thier destination then come back and line up.

Thirteenth ability to move sap points on the deployment stage, unless I'm doing something wrong. Because Marcus(advisor) says I can move them.

Battlefield archers same as towns stop the A.I. from dancing archers if there is an enemy in range unless of course it is the skirmishing feature causing this.

Battlefield, the A.I. does'nt do a good asessment of when you can shoot them to death.

Trapped skirmishing unit, Example Roman cavalry auxilia get chased to the redline. I hit withdraw, instead of running across the line they were chased to they try to withdraw the direction the army came from. Cavalry at least should be able to withdraw across the line that is closest to them.

Skirmishers in general I micromanage them so that they are no longer in between the redline and an enemy but for some odd reason if they are close to the redline they try to run around the enemy getting themselves pinned again.

I do'nt mind the horse archers being nerfed but the fact that they are pinned in by redlines makes this toning down a bit harsh

All cavlry armies/cavalry scouts. They should always have the withdraw option unless also opposed by an all cavlry army.

Also the no withdraw option should only be enabled for the first 5 to 10 minutes. Or at least units that have been routed then rallied should be able to withdraw.

A.I. not retraining fleets, also ships should try to retreat to the nearest friendly unblockaded port.

Campaign armies. A.I. does'nt make good choices when you play as an eastern faction. Boring battles when the A.I. attacks you with an all infantry army minus up to a few units of cavalry.

Cavalry needs a population/control method.

A.I. not milking any cities/towns to allow population increase. It should at least try to milk some cities that are'nt on a threatened border.

Capitals can be bribed at least the A.I. can bribe them.

Also the A.I. bribes towns well out of thier reach such as Briton bribing Croton or Julii bribing Condate Redundem that's taking in the fact that the Julii are still maintained to the Italian peninsula. Perhaps bribed cities should be limited to borders or distance to friendly territory. Islands can/should be excluded

A.I. emisary has a mission to bribe a city before it is under siege. The A.I. somehow bribes the city when it gets besieged.

A.I. Phalanxes trying to squeeze in between 2 units to get at there flanks. A.I. phlanxes need to concentrate on what's in front of them after that if there is nothing in front of them work on a flank of a unit

A.I. rarely uses reserves wich allows easy breakthrough in it's lines.

Multiple basic A.I. tactics such as engaging the center withdrawing cavalry on 1 flank and moving it to the other and try to roll down. Also perhaps make a record of succesful/unsuccessful plans making it more likely to use one it is more successful with.

A.I. needs to concentrate less on trying to hit the flank of every single unit and try to maintain a line of cohesion for at least a portion of it's line.

Cavalry is too often seen in the opening phase especially in the center where cavalry is usually most thretaned

Less predictability too often well protected skirmishers get charged right away, allowing me to quickly destroy there strongest part of there army there cavalry

A.I. needs to stop moving thier infantry and rely on thier cavlry/reserves for adjustments, currently the A.I. is left with too many gaps wich cause them to loose thier center quite early too often.

A.I. does not change depth of unit according to the unit sizes you selected wich leads to a very thin A.I. line up to 4 times as long as mine on huge settings. Leads to an easy breakthrough on the A.I. line and to work out on them.

Advance and engage, allows units you select to march forward and only attack what's in front of them.

Deployment phase 1.1 showed an x where the enemy was approximately deployed. 1.2 this feature was taken out. I like that feature,

the main reason I liked was that it allowed you to deploy your army parallel to thiers. Now when I hit start battle if the lines are'nt paralel to each other I occasionally get the A.I. dancing around due to my moves when all I'm trying to do is to match my line paralel to thiers before I march on them.

Just my short little list

Side note: fighting to the death workaround. If they are stuck on the wall and you can clear enemy troops close by, you can then walk a unit up on the wall, they then they quit panicking allowing you to get them off. However if there are enemy troops down below you may or may not stop them from paniking by walking a unit by. So it does work to a degree.
    Last edited by Oaty; 04-19-2005 at 03:05.
    When a fox kills your chickens, do you kill the pigs for seeing what happened? No you go out and hunt the fox.
    Cry havoc and let slip the HOGS of war

screwtype: When you direct a unit to "run" when the game is paused, and then unpause the game, the unit immediately reverts to walking. Also, ordering a unit to disable phalanx formation when the game is paused only works about 50% of the time, ie half the time they will stay in phalanx formation.

Quote Originally Posted by Myrddraal
    Are you sure of this, I've never experience any such problem.

Remember, we only want confirmed bugs. Don't put CA off with lots of minor issues. Stuff like "Problems with units ignoring orders generally." needs to be explained a bit more. They will probably want definate instances, like "units ignore orders when in group".
    Oh, absolutely. It happens EVERY time I tell a unit to run when the game is paused. I am really suprised you have not experienced this. I thought everyone would be aware of it.

The phalanx bug is similar, but it only occurs about half the time. Not too sure about the guard button, I'd have to check that one.
    Last edited by screwtype; 04-19-2005 at 03:08.

Post Re: CA asks for Bug List - to be fixed in the expansion

Haven't played in a while, so i don't remember the exact mecanic of this bug:

Protectorates are still bugged in 1.2, mostly in the economic side: (IIRC) when i demand a protectorate and the other one accepts, it is now THEIR treasury the one that gets severely decimated. This error continues to show up in every single turn( in the economic summary), but the money is added no more.

Ok, perhaps i don't explain myself very clear, so let's give an example: I was Carthage and was at war with egypt. I had 200k and they had 300k in treasury. Somehow, they accepted to be my protectorate.

The next turn, i noticed my treasury has gone from 200k to nearly 500k, i saw the diplomacy section of the summary and noticed that i had 300K of income just for the concept of diplomacy... this part is where begin to suspect this is a bug

Next turn, everything goes back to normal (from 500k to 505k in treasury), however, the economic report indicated that i had ANOTHER 300k from diplomacy... at this point i AM certain this is definately a bug

This campaign was played in unmodded RTW 1.2... could someone give any confirmation of this happening to you??
    Proud member of the Cavarly Association of Commanders
    From MTW:Turks, Egyptians to MTW2: Turks again!. Passing through RTW: Scythia, Sarmatia/Baktria(this was in RTR, right?) and BI: Sarmatia, again!
    What?? Sign above the dotted line?? of course!

Default Re: CA askes for Bug List - to be fixed in the expansion

Quote Originally Posted by Viking
    Skirmishers with skirmish mode turned on is somewhat uncontrollable when the enemy is that near that they (the skirmishers) consider to fall back.
    Turn off skirmish mode and you will avoid this problem.
    The enemy wasn't that near. It was absolutely blatant - I ordered the cav to retreat around the corner and instead they charged straight in the opposite direction right into an enemy phalanx. And would not obey any orders to do otherwise. In the end I just had to bum rush the phalanx with everything available in order to save the cav.

But IMO, I think this bug occurs whether or not a unit is on skirmish mode. You tell a unit to run one way in a city and it races in the opposite direction. Haven't you ever experienced that? It's happened to me quite a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by SpencerH
    The issue is that player (but not AI) units will stop in the middle of a battle instead of pursuing an enemy that is moving close to or even through the stopped unit. I find it especially noticable with horse archer varieties and cav (since my inf units almost never catch the olympic caliber sprinting of the routing units).
    Oh, you've noticed that too? It's not just me then.

Yes, I had just that problem with horse archers the other day. Ordered to attack a routing unit, they repeated pulled up in a dead stop just behind the routing unit and failed to attack it. And I definitely did not have skirmish mode on.

The unit ended up routing across half the battlefield and escaping because I just could not get the horse archers to press the attack.

I'm not sure though whether this happened when the horse archers were grouped or ungrouped.

Quote Originally Posted by frogbeastegg
    The pause and speed altering hotkeys in battle are unreliable.
    Many times when I tried to use them the effect would toggle twice, e.g. pausing and then instantly unpausing. It's not a case of holding the keys down too long; this happens even when the keys are only tapped lightly. The problem is not constant; about half the time the hotkeys do work as expected. The interface shortcuts work correctly, but in the minimal UI those buttons are missing. This isn't a frame rate relayed issue either; it happens in both large and small battles.
    I wouldn't go along with your exact description of the problem but the game's response to pause button keypress when on high speed is definitely random. That is one reason I would never use the minimal AI.

Merkismathr of Birka Member PseRamesses's Avatar
    Birka town in Svitjod. Realm of the Rus and the midnight sun.

Quote Originally Posted by Magraev
    Sometimes a group of units ordered to attack an enemy unit (double-click) will behave as if ordered to run to that location. I've found that the problem can be solved by choosing the individual unit cards and then ordering the attack, so I don't know the reason. I suspect the trouble is from groups created before the battle begins?
    Well, I always group and place my units before the battle so I wouldn´t know but I will try it. I defenitely know that this occurs when you order a group of units to a certain location so there defenitely must be a bug.

Quote Originally Posted by TF923
    On the campaign map, the AI doesn't attack when it clearly has superior forces. For example, Scipii (AI) is at war with Numidia (AI) but instead of attacking they will continue to amass many large stacks of armies on the border that do not attack, or even enter, Numidian territory. This goes on for many years.
    I have the same experience. Ifaik many people too.

Campaign:

1. City passed to new level and its surroundings may be covered by "fog of war". Units near such city may became unselecteble.

2. Family members in cities immediately starts to gain bad traits.

3. Governors gains almost only bad traits.

4. Squalor effect is too big.

5. In 1.2 AI builds too small number of ships. Those ships are of worse types though best types are already available to faction. Now AI builds ships only in Mediterranean and Atlantic and doesn't build ships in other seas (this possibility is required for any non-original maps).

6. After Marian reforms Senate still give triarii for successful missions.

7. Reward for Senate's mission may not be shown sometimes. Though you will be rewarded after success.

8. You cannot demand a city which you are sieging.

9. Seleucids are too easily to agree to became protectorate of Egypt.

10. If some faction declare war on your protectorate, you may not declare war on aggressor and still be protector of that faction.

Battle:

1. Skirmishing units in skirmish mode may run straight into enemy instead of running away.

2. Some of barbarian rebel archers may became British swordsmen (after falling?).

3. Pike units lose in phalanx combat with hoplites. But indeed they must win, 'coz pikes are longer then spears - so hoplites just cannot reach their opponents.

4. During pause grouped units destination position is not visible until you turn off pause.

5. Archers (maybe Roman only) in skirmish mode begin to run away from attacker too late. So they became engaged in combat and defeated.

6. Some units may gain value even without any engaging in battle.

Siege:

1. When you fights with enemies climbing on ladder and kill first enemy all soldiers in this unit immediately die and drop down the wall.

2. Flaming arrows don't fire siege equipment.

3. When you assault the city with player-controlled reinforcement and this reinforcement have some units with seize equipment, those units may disappear before entering the battlefield.

4. Units standing on walls may loose soldiers without any visual causes (such as fighting, being under fire, some soldiers dropped down)

5. Assaulting AI armies may frieze near walls if their seize equipment is damaged. So you can just simply shoot 'em all.
    Last edited by Dead Moroz; 04-19-2005 at 10:37.

Dunno if it's bug or feature. Some different farm levels have the same income value and effect on population's growth.

Hi guys, i dunno if any bugs/issues have been mentioned abt pathfinding in cities and towns and also abt sieges. Also correct me if its intended to be a feature.

1. Units in cities moving through streets often get stuck in a house at the side of the street, u click on a spot, and u can see foot/calvary units all bungling together and "sticking" to the walls of the houses as they move to the spot.

2. Don't know if this is a feature or bug: when u assault walls with siege towers, the damage counter in percentage is not accurate, i always get 0% even though fire arrows are fired on it and when it reaches the wall, soldiers climb to the top and b4 they descend on the wall, it collaspes! doesnt happen everytime..but wondering if others experience the same prob? and at least the damage counter should reflect something...it does for rams on wooden walls.

side note: is the enemy ship ability to move out of the port that i blockaded a feature? and i also xperience the AI problem where huge stacks massed at borders without doing anything. Esp when i played the germans once, when i reached the roman borders, i found out only the scipi expanded into africa and Bruti took some rebel towns, Julli hardly touched the gauls and i was hoping they would give me a helping hand!
    Keep up the Support CA
    and please don't rush your next installment ;)

Shaidar Haran Senior Member SAM Site Champion Myrddraal's Avatar

The A.I. can do multiple sallies or at least 2 when it is the turn they starve to submission/death.
    So Oaty are you saying that the sally bug where you don't win despite killing everyone doesn't exist. I thought someone else confirmed it. Could you write the bug in the same format as I've been using in the list.

I don't think that's a bug, I think it's a feature.

And the reason I say that is because you pay more to retrain units with experience - a LOT more. I've got some units of militia hoplites in my current game I won't retrain because the game wants me to pay several hundred denarii for 2 or 3 new soldiers.

In fact now I tend to just merge units with high experience so I'm not faced with the expensive business of retraining them.
    This is strange, in the manual it says it waters down the experience (is that right?) but you pay extra to retrain them. Ur right this seems like a feature not a bug. I'll take it off the list.

screwtype: When you direct a unit to "run" when the game is paused, and then unpause the game, the unit immediately reverts to walking. Also, ordering a unit to disable phalanx formation when the game is paused only works about 50% of the time, ie half the time they will stay in phalanx formation.
    Strange, I've never experienced this. (or perhaps I didn't notice) Could someone else confirm it to make sure its not unique to screwtypes computer...

About AI bugs

Many of the bugs reported are AI bugs. I would define a bug as a feature which is supposed to do something, but doesn't. Stuff like "The AI should attack more often" isn't a bug, its a lack of feature. Its not something they need to fix, its something they need to add, so I won't be adding it to the list.

1. City passed to new level and its surroundings may be covered by "fog of war". Units near such city may became unselecteble.
    Is there a link to some research. This seems a bit vague. Is it that when a city gets upgraded it can no longer see (hence the fog of war)?

2. Family members in cities immediately starts to gain bad traits.

3. Governors gains almost only bad traits.

4. Squalor effect is too big.
    These are issues not bugs. I'll try to add them to the issues list, but I'm a bit short for time so for the time being I'll concentrate on the bugs.

8. You cannot demand a city which you are sieging.

9. Seleucids are too easily to agree to became protectorate of Egypt.
    Again, more like issues. I'll try to get around to it

Some of barbarian rebel archers may became British swordsmen (after falling?).
    What do you mean? Do they just change into a different unit? In what situation?

When you fights with enemies climbing on ladder and kill first enemy all soldiers in this unit immediately die and drop down the wall.
    Do you mean if you kill the first man on the ladder? Is this only the men on the ladder or the whole unit? Are you sure this isn't a feature, like pushing away ladders or something?

1. Units in cities moving through streets often get stuck in a house at the side of the street, u click on a spot, and u can see foot/calvary units all bungling together and "sticking" to the walls of the houses as they move to the spot.
    Is this the same as the bugs where units get 'stuck' in allyways?

Thx for clearing these points up for me. I've added some now, I'll add more later..
    Thx

The CHARGE BONUS issue MUST BE ADDRESSED ,

FOR THE SAKE OF ALL FUTURE MODDING !!!

"Charge Bonus" has NEGLIGIBLE effect in battle
    The Damage caused on charge impact is largely effected by "ATTACK SKILL" and "ARMOUR VALUE".

This is a SERIOUS problem in the battle mechanics which hinders unit stats balancing almost FATALLY.

The EFFECT of this bug/issue is:

-One can NOT make a unit vunerable to normal ( non- armour piercing ) weapons or missile fire, and still keep the charge inpact high.
    -One can NOT reduce the overall kill/death rate of a unit while still keeping the charge bonus of that unit high.

This causes a whole array of further stats issues which i wont mention.

In short :
    Having to use ATTACK SKILL and ARMOUR RATING as methods of balancing charge bonus puts HUGE flaws into all unit balance processes AND IS ALSO AN ODVIOUS REASON FOR ANY CURRENT INBALANCES IN VANILLA RTW's STATS
    Last edited by buujin; 04-19-2005 at 14:22.
    [VDM]BuuKenshin

Quote Originally Posted by screwtype
    screwtype:Also, ordering a unit to disable phalanx formation when the game is paused only works about 50% of the time, ie half the time they will stay in phalanx formation.
    I can confirm the phalanx bug. Happens to me quite often.
    Runes for good luck:

[1 - exp(i*2π)]^-1

Cellular Microbiologist Member SpencerH's Avatar

I think many of the 'issues' are more important than the 'bugs'. Maybe it requires a seperate list?

When I get home, I'll check out the effect of pausing (since I do it a lot anyway given the battle speed).
    E Tenebris Lux
    Just one old soldiers opinion.
    We need MP games without the oversimplifications required for 'good' AI.

Is there a link to some research. This seems a bit vague. Is it that when a city gets upgraded it can no longer see (hence the fog of war)?
    I can share only my personal experience. When the city gets upgraded it became covered with FOW such as it belongs to another faction. But the banner is yours and you can get into and manage this city. Units can come in and out. But units that where near this city at the end of previous turn becomes unselectable until you get another unit close to it and uncover FOW. In some case it's enough to just come out of city some unit to uncover FOW around city. But sometimes you have to wait for one or few turns until FOW uncover itself. "Hope", I'm not the only one who saw this bug?

These are issues not bugs. I'll try to add them to the issues list, but I'm a bit short for time so for the time being I'll concentrate on the bugs.
    As my boss love to say: Documented bug is feature.

Some of barbarian rebel archers may became British swordsmen (after falling?).
    What do you mean? Do they just change into a different unit? In what situation?
    Yes, they become another unit - British chosen swordsmen, with their model, skin and weapon. I'm not sure when it happens, seems that they may became swordsmen after falling and stand up (you know, some units falls, but they not dead and stand up to fight again). I even saw a post about it somewhere on TWC.

When you fights with enemies climbing on ladder and kill first enemy all soldiers in this unit immediately die and drop down the wall.
    Do you mean if you kill the first man on the ladder? Is this only the men on the ladder or the whole unit? Are you sure this isn't a feature, like pushing away ladders or something?
    Enemies climbing on ladder, first men getting to wall and you begin combat. When you kill any enemy all units from his squad that were on ladders becomes laying dead on the ground. They just lay in line like they climbed a moment before. If this is imitation of pushing away ladders - then it's very stupid and annoying imitation.

Is this the same as the bugs where units get 'stuck' in allyways?

Thx for clearing these points up for me. I've added some now, I'll add more later..
    Thx
    erm allyways? sorry not familiar with this slang ;)
    surely u don't mean corridors?
    thats how i interpret lol..ok back to topic, i mean those streets in cities. when u click a point on a street, it will proceed and turn as normal but sometimes it ends up piling onto the side of the street, i.e. the walls of the houses and gets stuck until u issue a new command. annoying esp when u r trying to co-ordinate a multi-pronged assault on the city square...
    Keep up the Support CA

Senior Member Senior Member Oaty's Avatar

So Oaty are you saying that the sally bug where you don't win despite killing everyone doesn't exist. I thought someone else confirmed it. Could you write the bug in the same format as I've been using in the list.
    AI can do multiple sallies This only has occurred on the turn they are to be starved to death

A.I. builds sap points on wooden walls I can't build them for a wooden wall and the sap points do'nt show up when I'm assaulted so this is a bug.

A.I. does not use up all of it's build points for its besieging army

Also I'd appreciate if you add this CTD to your list as I've learned to avoid this but limits on where and how you can move your troops to avoid this

CTD very easy to reproduce When the A.I. sallies and you drop your ladders (the 15 build point ones). With the ladders on the ground select some unit(s) and go to string them across in a line. When you do this if the mouse cursor has a palm(grab icon) and you go to string them out you get a CTD every single time. In the heat of battle this can be annoying.

Diplomats with a mission before a city is besieged both mine and the A.I.'s diplomats appear to be able to talk to besieged cities if they were assigned to that mission before it is besieged. Does not happen 100 percent of the time but it leads to the A.I. bribing besieged cities.

Feature that was taken away Deployment phase 1.1 showed an x where the enemy was approximately deployed. 1.2 this feature was taken out.

Rams built to go against a stonewall Theres less than a ~ 10 percent chance of success so there chances need to be increased or the A.I. needs to abandon building them

Besieged A.I. leaves skirmish on Skirmishing does not always work well in cities and should be off by default upon starting the battle.

Overshoot feature in cities units run way too far past thier intended position then run back. If the intended target position was close to the center of the city they overshoot as far as the city walls or out the gate then come back. This occurs occasionally.

ability to move sap points on the deployment stage, unless I'm doing something wrong. Because Marcus(advisor) says I can move them

Exploit of the sallying A.I. Siege equipment is already equipped allowing the human to assault the walls immediately, as soon as towers/ladders hit the wall the A.I. calls off it's sally. Siege equipment should not be easily accessable on a sally.

This last one I'm sure this is not right but will go into the game when I can and see if I have the option to bribe away the enemies capital, The only thing I know for sure is you can't bribe thier last city. Has anyone else run into this as I've had my capital bribed away more than once.

A.I. diplomats can bribe your capital out from under you unless I'm wrong here I thought this was'nt meant to be possible

Well I put it in a much better format this time and hope these can make it to your list.
    When a fox kills your chickens, do you kill the pigs for seeing what happened? No you go out and hunt the fox.
    Cry havoc and let slip the HOGS of war

Quote Originally Posted by screwtype
    I wouldn't go along with your exact description of the problem but the game's response to pause button keypress when on high speed is definitely random. That is one reason I would never use the minimal AI.
    In my experience the problem also happens when the game speed is normal, not just when the speed has been turned up to maximum. I had the same difficulty pausing and/or speeding the game up that I did slowing it back down.
    Frogbeastegg's Guide to Total War: Shogun II. Please note that the guide is not up-to-date for the latest patch.

- A phalanx should be able to turn without the lifting of Pikes and hoplons.
    - Moving units around in a town/city is unwieldy.
    - Selecting multiple units in battle and clicking forward for them to advance in the same formation doesnt work. They often end up facing the wrong direction and the formations are totally mixed.
    - Archers fire at a close-by unit 1 man rather than target a unit of 200.
    - Pursuing cavilry sometimes just rides beside the target at walking pace, not killing the fleeing soldiers.
    - Elephants are supernaturaly immune to ballista and scorpion attacks.
    - Heavy cavilry are too immune to archer fire.
    - Enemy AI will make its army absorb insane amounts of casualties from missile fire by standing still throughout the entire battle.
    forums.clankiller.com
    "Ive played 7 major campaigns and never finished one. I get tired of war."

I'd just like to to confirm that the Fog of War can hit your own cities.
    I thought it was just a wierd unpredictable random thing, that fixes itself after a few turns.

I hadn't spotted the link - that it happens when your city expands - but that sounds about right.

It's not a big bug, (you can still select the city and units within it) but it's worth looking at.
    Camp Fweddie - Wanking higher than any in Wome since 273 BC

i can also confirm that coastal battles often have large, square areas of land projecting into the sea in vanilla rtw, often when you can see your ships in the distance after disembarking.
    It is forbidden to kill; therefore all murderers are punished unless they kill in large numbers and to the sound of trumpets.
    -Voltaire-

Cry Havoc and let slip the FERRETS OF WAR!

BLEEEE! Senior Member Daveybaby's Avatar

*cough* reload AI siege lifting bug *cough*

Also, an issue (or is it a feature request):
    When clicking the prev/next buttons when on the cities tab, prev next city is selected. When clicking prev/next buttons when on the armies tab, the prev/next army is selected. But when clicking the prev/next buttons when on the agents tab, the game selects the prev/next agent *OR ARMY*

So can we have it so that we can just scroll through agents only please? Sometimes its hard to remember where you left that spy - was he in an army, a city, or just in a remote corner of the map?

1. Make the AI programmable, like an export_descr_AI.txt !!!
    2. See 1!!
    3. Perhaps add a section in descr_strat.txt?
    4. If you don't, total war fans will keep moaning for ever and ever.

5. No bugs found or reproduced except those found by player1-bugfixer thread. NONE.

Phalanx game mechanic problems
    The pikes should be raised so that the points are high enough above the ground to be effective.
    Well if they do they should tire more quickly than anything. Phalanx should not fight on a slope.

Battle difficulty bonus is being added to both human and AI
    I agree it should only go to the AI, but make it a morale bonus like in medieval, NOT an attack or defense bonus.

@ oaty
    Your list is way too long, could you please test your 'bugs' before you post them? This goes for the other long lists as well!
    in montem soli non loquitur

(\_/) (>.<) That's what happens with bunnies
    (x.X)(_)(_) who want to achieve world domination!

becoming is for people who do not will to be

Flaming ammo from archers do not light up or damage buildings/siege equipment like it says they do in the manual.
    They do light up siege equipment, excepting ladders, but the damage indicator does not show the damage until the thing lights up.

And here is another example of the shoreline bug which so many people feel is not a problem.

Cellular Microbiologist Member SpencerH's Avatar

Pausing in minimal UI (after much button mashing and swearing->see previously mentioned bug) had no effect that I could observe on any unit in the brit faction.
    E Tenebris Lux
    Just one old soldiers opinion.
    We need MP games without the oversimplifications required for 'good' AI.

Alienated Senior Member Member Red Harvest's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dead Moroz
    Dunno if it's bug or feature. Some different farm levels have the same income value and effect on population's growth.
    I don't think this is a bug, but we have no documentation to really tell us how the game is supposed to work. There are certain upgrades that don't "count" until later upgrades are done. Farming temples don't give bonuses until the farm level for that city level is completed, etc. Can't remember the details at the moment, but somebody had already figured out how it works.
    Rome Total War, it's not a game, it's a do-it-yourself project.

Quote Originally Posted by Daveybaby
    *cough* reload AI siege lifting bug *cough*

Also, an issue (or is it a feature request):
    When clicking the prev/next buttons when on the cities tab, prev next city is selected. When clicking prev/next buttons when on the armies tab, the prev/next army is selected. But when clicking the prev/next buttons when on the agents tab, the game selects the prev/next agent *OR ARMY*

So can we have it so that we can just scroll through agents only please? Sometimes its hard to remember where you left that spy - was he in an army, a city, or just in a remote corner of the map?
    ahem OT but i had to reply :) if u right click on the town,army, agent, fleet tabs at the bottom middle of ur screen(juz above the unit icons) it will display all ur army stacks, agents and ships respectively Locations all provided, juz double click on the unit and u r there! and the description pops up too.

Cheers
    Keep up the Support CA

Definitely the "issue" where you cannot demand the city that you are currently beseiging should be a problem.

Why else am I besieging unless I want it?

I guess I should besiege a different city in order to get the one I want?

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast