Page 5 of 51 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Pics & History of your Empire

Default Re: Pics & History of your Empire

nice campaign u got there zarax

here's how my campaign is going

well the pepacy is nothing right now, cause i allied with the danes and demolished the pope from both sides, I'm having trouble keeping my loyalty up, but its nothin too serious
    here's how it is :)

i think this is the biggest empire I've ever had on expert level :D =)

Nice strategic move...

I see you're training Slav Warriors... Are they of any usefulness in BKB except for garrison and cannon fodder?
    The best is yet to come.
    ZX MiniMod: Where MTW meets AOE
    https://www.wmwiki.com/hosted/ZxMod.exe
    Now on beta 3 with playable golden horde!

Quote Originally Posted by Zarax
    Nice strategic move...

I see you're training Slav Warriors... Are they of any usefulness in BKB except for garrison and cannon fodder?
    I used them in the east because that was the best unit I could train over there, but they're very good for their price

Flavius Claudius Julianus Member NodachiSam's Avatar

Holy!! (no pun intended) I am guessing your excommunicated now :P I've never seen the Pope so large! That looked intimidating! Looks like you're on the way to win now :D
    Please check out my art http://calcaneus.deviantart.com/

A few decades later, my emissary bribed half Europe after the spanish had... err... some embarrassing offspring management problems... I swear I wasn't involved on the matter ;-)

I'm finishing the creation of my attack army, which includes some of the best units western Europe has to offer, including Lancers, Gothic Sergeants, deadly Swabian Swordsmen and the supremely flexible Almughavars...

I'm planning a 5 pronged offensive, with one army led by my King that will do the camp battles (my RP rule is that only the king should play the battles, anything else is autocalc, that gives a touch of realism imho), 3 with 9 star generals (some former royals, not even the Byz Katanks can stand jedi late RK) and one crusade that will be fitted with an elite mercenary army (a mix of foot knights and foreign elite units) to give it the right punch... Too bad the HRE didn't want to let Switzerland rebel but i guess vanilla pikes with maxed bonuses (Cathedral and Master Weapon+Armour) will do the work allright...

Endgame is set to 1491 so I'm pretty sure to reach almost 60% with ease, 100% doesn't interest me...
    The best is yet to come.

And finally the offensive starts!
    The home army marches across central Europe, while the highlighted crusade opens a second front in Egypt...
    The best is yet to come.

damn zarax, that's pretty cool, getting all that land without any bloodshed (from battles at least), pretty impressive, nice empire too

Well, the bloodshed is coming now, I discovered the hard way that the Byz developed a big bloody veteran troop pool that is a real match to my more advanced but unexperienced army, thank you very much Spaniards... I should win before 1491 but that 60% isn't a piece of cake
    The best is yet to come.

I've reached 1130 in my Italian game, and I've attacked the Germans again in order to get Switzerland and Swabia under my control, keeping my borders the same length. I also took Toulouse off the French, but they've moved larger armies into Anjou and Ile de France, threatening my hold on Burgundy. I've slowed military building drastically until I get into a better financial situation. Unfortunately, I also had to slow province development, and my knights will be behind schedule. The HRE seems to be gassed after one bad defeat, but I'll wait to finish them off, as I don't need to add more border provinces. I'm building my trade network and waiting for more money to come in before I do too much more.

Results from a particularly auspicious battle:

Italy in 1130 (notice the menacing French forces):

Chieftain of the Pudding Race Member Evil_Maniac From Mars's Avatar

As the HRE I've conquered France, Italy, Corsica/Sardinia, Hungary and Poland, Prussia, England/Scotland and Ireland, am threatening the Byzantines and Egyptains with huge armies, uncluding a 3 stack army of Crusaders, but the Spanish uber-generals are giving me trouble, they have a 5-9 star general in every province, sometimes two. I have Portugal, Navarre, and Aragon, but the rest of Spain still eludes me. I have hordes of soldiers, many of them under the uber-general I have dubbed "Friedrich the Great", the 20 year old brother of the Emperor. I've already assasinated most of his brothers, giving him a clear route to the throne when the 65 year old Emperor dies. Novgorod is powerful, and Poland is my anti-Mongol buffer for when they appear. That's pretty good, seeing as it's only the 1100s. Pics to come soon.

You are an evil maniac- that is good fighting. I too have had many problems
    before with the Spanish uber generals as the French, those dudes are tough.
    I also like your Friedrich the Great, my last name is Frederick . Keep us
    updated.
    PB-PL Commander/CC2 Commander/MTW Commander

Chieftain of the Pudding Race Member Evil_Maniac From Mars's Avatar

I've taken all of Spain but Cordoba and Leon, the Enlish have re-emerged with 4 full stacks and taken Northumbria, but beaten out of Scotland. I'm sending the "3rd Mainlander Army" under Friedrich, and I have my "1st Amphibous Army" taking Sicily and Naples from the Sicilans, quelling Malta as well. The Pope refuses to take sides, I am at war with almost everyone but the Byzantines and Turks, I have a front with the English, another with Spain and Almohads, another with Poland, another with the Byzantines (neutral), I've taken Anatolia from the Egyptains on a Crusade, and Prussia has a front with the 5-6 star Russian King (neutral). I managed to get the Princes Rudolf and Heinrich slain in battle (on purpose), but then Prince Heinrich comes of age before Friedrich can take the throne, and Heinrich is a 5 star general at 16 , so he stays.

(Sicily/Early/Hard/GA/1170)

First Sicilian campaign. I have crusaded 4 times, all successful. My most advanced unit is the Feudal Knight. I swallowed the Holy Land and everything South and East of Cordoba, virtually removing Islam from the map. My northern borders extend to Anatolia and Georgia. Now I am sitting on a $25,000 profit per year because of my wicked trade network. My 17 year old heir is a 7 star skilled attacker/defender, 6 dread, 7 piety and 8 (!) acumen.

Love the Sicilians...

Quote Originally Posted by Roark
    (Sicily/Early/Hard/GA/1170)

First Sicilian campaign. I have crusaded 4 times, all successful. My most advanced unit is the Feudal Knight. I swallowed the Holy Land and everything South and East of Cordoba, virtually removing Islam from the map. My northern borders extend to Anatolia and Georgia. Now I am sitting on a $25,000 profit per year because of my wicked trade network. My 17 year old heir is a 7 star skilled attacker/defender, 6 dread, 7 piety and 8 (!) acumen.

Love the Sicilians...
    lol that's a good son u got there ;)

Well, it's about time I had a decent heir...

My English royal line was like a freak show of the barking mad. In my campaigns, the Plantaganets are usually a seriously messed-up family...

well my welsh campaign ended with me controling 60% of the map, and not havin enough time to take over 100%

here's my turkish campaign, super late (modded to start from 1300, and end at 1500), is going good, the danes have big armies, and they might be a threat to me...but here's how it is

Camel Lord Senior Member Capture The Flag Champion Martok's Avatar
    In my own little world....but it's okay, they know me there.

Quote Originally Posted by Roark
    Well, it's about time I had a decent heir...

My English royal line was like a freak show of the barking mad. In my campaigns, the Plantaganets are usually a seriously messed-up family...

Really? That's surprising. My roommate and I both play as the English fairly often--my roomie more so than myself--and the the male Plantaganets generally turn out pretty good for us. The one large exception to this rule is one of the Edwards (I forget which). Whenever he comes of age, he's almost always a strange, perverted sybarite with too many toes. He's usually guaranteed to die in a suicide attack--er, "glorious battle".....
    "MTW is not a game, it's a way of life." -- drone

Finally the campaign is getting towards the end, I'm getting ready for the final push in the steppes and asia minor but it's slower than expected as the lands are underdeveloped making the supply lines longer...

A tricky castle assault costed me on of my prized 9 stars generals, while losses are keeping the others on the defensive.

My king took out Constantinople with only his bodyguards supported by 15 cannons that reduced the citadel defenses to rubble...

I've got some minor concers in the north, where the Danish are getting developed enough to deploy the most advanced units, something that would cost a lot of troops to face...
    The best is yet to come.

Hobbilars' whisperer... Member Advo-san's Avatar

I thought the game ended in 1453... But if my eyes aren't playing games, it s 1471 and you re still going! I suppose it is a mod?
    ΕΛΛΗΝΩΝ ΠΡΟΜΑΧΟΥΝΤΕΣ ΑΘΗΝΑΙΟΙ ΜΑΡΑΘΩΝΙ ΜΗΔΩΝ ΧΡΥΣΟΦΟΡΩΝ ΕΣΤΟΡΕΣΑΝ ΔΥΝΑΜΙΝ

Champions of the Greeks the Athenians in Marathon strewed the power of the goldendressed Persians

Quote Originally Posted by Advo-san
    I thought the game ended in 1453... But if my eyes aren't playing games, it s 1471 and you re still going! I suppose it is a mod?
    Yep, that's the ZXMod, the game ends in 1491 there, plus there are extra features like improved strategic AI and more specialized factions.
    The best is yet to come.

After a 60% victory as the Italians and some new tweaks on the AI I'm starting something more challenging.

ZXMOD, Byz High.
    I made a small change that is quite historical, as the latin emperors were Venitian puppets in reality and so they should behave in the game.

Claiming back Constantinople will be a serious challenge, so I'll start the opening move by retaking Asia minor...
    The best is yet to come.

thats gonna be an inresting campaign Zarax, keep us updated, I wanna see how it turns out.

PS
    that pm that i sent u with my aim, xfire and all, ignore it, I found out how to do it :)

new campaign here

BKB Super Mod-Early-Expert-Norse

History:
    I started out taking over iceland and Sweden to make good money, I tried to conquer scotland with Viking Landsmen, but they weren't good enough. So I made some expensive Viking Huscarles, and took over Scotland easily, then I went on south and conquered all of England and Ireland. Denmark was gettin a big army, so I took over them too.

The Almoravids were conquering Europe QUICK, they reach poland, and everything from poland on west, and north africa was all under Almoravid Control. I attacked them, made them loose about 6 provinces, then the Kievans attacked them too, and the Almoravids collapsed into civil war, they're still large and powerful, but not a big threat.

Quote Originally Posted by PittBull260
    thats gonna be an inresting campaign Zarax, keep us updated, I wanna see how it turns out.

PS
    that pm that i sent u with my aim, xfire and all, ignore it, I found out how to do it :)
    It's got an hard start, will post some pics later...

Other than that, I've got you on my MSN should you need any help
    The best is yet to come.

It took me 70 years and a Hungarian civil war to take back Constantinople.

Asia minor isn't the richest place ever, especially for trade so I had to beat the Turkish and do it with the cheap stuff...

Just when things started to look better the horde came and I had to make a quick retreat from Georgia and Armenia, now I'm keeping my fingers crossed and hope the mongols find the eggys a more appetible target than me, at least until I can rebuild the economy...
    The best is yet to come.

Yesdachi swallowed by Jaguar! Member yesdachi's Avatar

[IMG]
    nice to see they left you some decent buildings.
    Peace in Europe will never stay, because I play Medieval II Total War every day. ~YesDachi

Quote Originally Posted by yesdachi
    nice to see they left you some decent buildings.
    Yeah, I'm going to send them some Varangian Gratitude sooner or later
    The best is yet to come.

dman Zarax, that looks like it's pretty challenging, just make some good units to defend from the Mongols, cause they usually go unti they reach nicea, and then they stop (tahts what they always do to me)

70 years!! You get 10 points for tenacity, bro... I go literally nuts when Constantinople is out of my hands. It's the jewel of the East IMHO.
    Last edited by Roark; 07-28-2005 at 08:30.

Well, the Turkish are an excellent target if you take them quickly.
    Once you got Asia Minor you'll be still pretty much cash strapped but you will be able to afford a decent army.

It will be just a matter of waiting the right moment for the assault, just remember that you most likely will have to siege so don't take too many prisoners.
    The best is yet to come.

Page 5 of 51 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast