Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Takeda Campaign

Default Re: Takeda Campaign

I say your a diehart
    All Faith is false all faith is true. Truth is the shattered mirrors strewn In myriad bits; While each believes his little bit the whole to own. From The kasidah of Haji Abu el-Yezdi

Nice report. Please continue...

Talking Re: Takeda Campaign

Oits Drisos!

Glad to hear that u've got ur Shogun back under control. Btw, I was actually busy playin my Takeda campaign too and it was the best ever campaign I played ever!! I've been thinking of creating a story bout my Take Campaign too man...but guess what? I accidently deleted tha saved game cause I had to reinstall due to my comp problem!! WAAAAAAA!! WAAAAAAA!!

Seriously, I felt like......why???......oh why?

Btw Drisos, keep it up, I hope ur campaign is interesting as mine . Be exactly like tha mountain monkey Shingen!!

Weird Organism Senior Member Drisos's Avatar

Thanks for the compliments guys, I was a bit afraid it would get boring because of my campaign style(slow-qonquering) and because I don't type books like toga can ( !).

Glad to hear you like it, I'll now post the next year.

Tool dude, how annying for you, wasn't there any way of copying the saved games to the new install of shogun?
    - Chu - Gi - Makoto - Rei - Jin - Yu - Meiyo -

Summer 1535
    still 88 koku
    --------------

I was very suprised when a hojo emissary suddenly asked me for an alliance, while I thought it was just spying on me. I took the alliance and concentrated on Imagawa again, but I was still planning to qonquer Sagami.
    In the throneroom I saw everybody has some new regions now, so I must hurry, so I get stronger too. I have Iwami now in the west and have three regions there, but I don't know if they are of great use. (low koku, no way to attack a clan) I'm quite sure to attack Totomi next turn, it'll knock out all Imagawa training abilities, and it isn't hard to qonquer. (totomi has no mountains) I move cav. troops from Kai to Suruga, including my Daimyo, he'll lead the attack.
    Shingen is now 15, in one year I'll have the best general out there!

Autumn 1535
    88 koku
    -------------

R&R totally outnumbered me in an assault on Iwami, he had a large army left in Izumo. I whitdrew my troops, but attacked the abandoned region of Nagano with them the same turn. I move my troops from Suo to Aki except 60 men, because he has quite an army in Bingo and Iwami now, and I cannot afford to loose Aki.
    I attack totomi: 251 vs. 120
    3*** daimyo with 120 yari cav. h1 and 120 cav. archers h1.
    I abandon Suruga and Izu, Kai is my best region, and the hojo have a very large army.

Winter 1536
    1107 Koku, yes!
    ---------------

Two battles this turn, check it out:

************second defence of Aki***********

The rebels suddely decide to attack me in Aki, the region in had to hold. They outnembered me, but I couldn't give up this one. I had a 3* general, 120 yari sam. and 88 cav. archers. R&R had an army of 364 men, they attacked in the rain, a smart move.

I position my men on the same place as in the first battle for Aki, on a mountain at the border. The archers were in the front, and the yari's right behind them, a simple position. When the rebels came, I saw they didn't have a very good army, 184 ashi's including his 0* general, 60 yari sam. and 60 archers. When they came I just stayed at the same position and fired at his army, only at his yari sam, which were the most dangerous. I waited very long with my yari charge down the mountain, because my archers still had ammo. I charged in at one unit of ashi's and his yari unit, while my archers now fired at his archers. His ashi's immediately fled, but were still crushed by my sams. When the ashi's were gone, the back of his yari unit lay open, so I attacked them from behind with 28 of my cav. His other ashi's were too slow to intercept and his Yari unit was crushed from two sides. Now their strongest unit was gone and the other units had lost several men already, his cowardish army fled away, while they were at my border, a long way home. I stopped and spread out all my yari's and let my cav. chase the rest of his men.

I won this one: killed 162, lost 39

*************My asssault on totomi**************

I attack with Takeda nobutora, 3*
    I have 120 yari cav. and 120 cav. archers, an all cav. army. I was plannig to use 'hit-and-run' against his 120 yari sam.(I had my emissary there, so I knew his army) so I attacked with good weather.

I saw his army right when the battle started, 120 sam arch. 120 yari sam. I didn't make a formation yet, my cav. would be fast enough to intercept anything, so that wouldn't be a problem. His foolish general, an archer, sent his both units of yari to my army, while his archers stayed behind. I sent my 120 yari cav to the side, and later to his archers, they would easily win. I sent my daimyo to the flank of his yari's in case they did reach my archers, I could attack from behind with a strong unit. His yari's were too slow and totally shot with my archer tactik. One of the units withdrew to his archers when my yari's were charging in, but they were too late, the archers couldn't escape and were slaughtered. They yari assault took a while, and I was getting nervous. Cav are disastrous in retreating, so the yari's could crush me, but I found the solution: My Daimyo! I had takeda charging in at the back of his unit when he almost reached my yari's. Of course he turned around, but my cav. now was ready with the archers, I sent one unit of cav to the other side of his yari's. The yari's already had lost many men by my archers, but they could handle my heavy cav, I lost one and the Yari cav. had to be quick. Luckily, they were, and his yari's were totally destroyed. Meanwhile my 120 archers had shot his yari to an amount of 20 soldiers, so they fled, to be chased and killed all. No single sam of him survived.

I won: killed 239, lost 23, both my yari cav units gained +1 honour.

The conquering of Totomi gave me even more money: I now had 1907 Koku, quite a bit.
    I build a swordsmith building in Kai.
    I train 60 more yari cav in Kai, to attack more weak Imagawa archers in Shinano.
    I train 60 sam archers in totomi, with +1 honour, they'll help me defend if Imagawa wants totomi back.
    I train 60 sam archers in Aki.
    I set the taxes to 90%, the Nagano people weren't happy with my army.
    Last edited by Drisos; 05-06-2005 at 19:13.

Spring 1536
    332 Koku (!)
    -------------

I destroy the archers dojo in totomi for more money, I need more sams.
    I train 60 yari sam. in Kai.
    I train 60 archers in Aki, R&R won't attack again, they don't have much left!
    I set the taxes to 75%, Nagano still is under 100% loyalty.

I'm pretty sure a sword forging building is a swordsmith.I'm not completely sure though,smith looks too much like smid for me to be sure.Unfortunately,I can't play the game now to verify,but I would say swordsmith is the word.
    "Gold , Frankenstein and Grrr!"

Richard Richard

Thanks AGAIN '4 X domi'

without you no one would understand my story!

I have won all the battles (at Expert) easily against the AI, I need a way to make it harder!

The hardest campaign I ever had was playing the Hojo vs. the mongols, maybe that one would be a real challenge at Expert.

Blah and assorted comments Member Foreign Devil's Avatar

Good read! I actually recently started another Shogun campaign too, and the game is still as awesome as ever. I've been away from these boards for a while too... good to be back

Hello foreign devil, I definitely agree on STW being a great game!

Never seen you around before, welcome back!

Summer 1536
    32 Koku
    --------------

I was right, the Imagawa attacked Totomi from Shinano. The Imagawa brought a big army and his daimyo, so I could totally destoy the Imagawa clan in this battle, but he outnumbered me, and it was going to be hard.

*************Defence of totomi*************
    My daimyo, Nobutora, leads the defence. He's 3***.
    It's 229 of me vs. 371 of the Imagawa.
    My army: 98 yari cav. h2, 60 archers h2 and 60 ashi's h1.
    He attacked with light rain, which wasn't smart, he had lots of archers.

I position my army(actually only my archers) at a tiny hill in the middle of totomi. My ashi's are to the left of my archers, and can attack troops from behind if they go for my archers. 60 yari cav are to the right, and will try to attack from behind or attack his archers. My daimyo and 38 yari cav. will do the same on the left of my archers.

After a long wait, I see his army coming, lots of archers, and 60 yari sam. His ashi's are far behind. When he comes in range, I shoot at his yari's, who are coming right to my archers. I go to their flank with my ashi's, but they decide to leave the archers and go for my ashi's. Meanwhile, his daimyo is to my right flank, so I send my 38 yari cav to stop them. My 60 yari cav. charge in at his archers and kill many, no enemy yari's around, there stuck on the left side. With my daimyo, I attack the yari unit from behind, but too late, my ashi's flee and his yari's face my hamamoto now. Then I see the solution, I charge in from behind with my archers, who were still firing at his archers. At the right flank, there was a big chaos. My yari cav. was fighting against enemy archers and his hamamoto. It went pretty well, but his hamamoto was very strong and didn't lose many men. On the left, his yari's are fleeing(what's left of them is fleeing), and my ashi's are back too, but now his ashi's arrived too and attacked mine. Attacked by my hamamoto, my ashi's and my archers, they soon flee. At that moment all his archers flee too. His daimyo keeps fighting for a while, but then he flees too, he escapes.

I won: killed 322, lost 118, I've earned lots of honour with this battle.

Imagawa is still alive, but has only Hida and shinano now, and his army isn't bigger than 240 in total. Imagawa is no threat anymore, and Oda's army in Mikawa isn't too big either. Hojo's army is big, but I'm his only ally, and he's in war with uesugi, so he won't attack me.
    I've got a new heir this turn, in 16 years he'll be a general.
    In the west I send Suo and Aki troops into Iwami, R&R will give up, he has only about 60 men. I send 60 archers from Aki to totomi, I have ports in both.
    My emissary is in Shinano, I think I am going to attack that one too.

Autumn 1536
    32 Koku, not enough
    --------------------

I've got Iwami now too and can abandon Suo. That's good, because Shimazu are in Buzen and I might get in war with him. I don't know yet.

I send my Daimyo back to Kai.

Not much happened this turn . . .

Winter 1537
    1087 Koku- it was a normal season
    ---------------------------------

Imagawa sent me an emissary, but I refuse his offer. I want to qonquer Shinano.
    The swordsmith in Kai is finished, so my men are even better now.
    I start building a famous archer dojo in Kai.
    I train archer cav. in Kai, they did great in the attack on totomi, I want to use them against Shinano too.
    I train 60 archers in Aki, for in Nagano, so Shimazu doesn't attack me.
    I checked the alliances menu: Hojo and Takeda vs. Oda, Imagawa, Uesugi and Shimazu. Not so good, but there all to weak to hurt me.
    I set my taxes to 90%, loyalty is going fine.

Spring 1537
    12 Koku (!)
    -----------

I don't have money again, so I need a few more good regions. I decide to attack the small Oda army in Mikawa. I send my emissary there and start moving troops from Kai to totomi.

Shingen will come next turn I think, but I'm not training anything. . .

not much happened . . .

Hello folks,

Sorry I'm so late with the new reports, but here are 2 more years:

enjoy!

Summer 1537
    12 koku
    -------------

My famous archers dojo is now ready in Kai, Kai is now a pretty good training region.
    I am preparing the attack on Mikawa, I think I'll use especially cav. archers, because he only has Yari units there.
    Shinghen in now 16 years old, but I didn't train a unit this turn, so he's not a general yet.
    The west is pretty quiet, Shimazu isn't doing anything, and I and the rebels don't either, I won't train anything there unless they get stronger or I have too much money.
    In the East Uesugi and Hojo are still training men. Their armies are now way bigger than mine in Kai, so I don't hope they attack me.

Spring 1537
    12 Koku
    -------------

When I get more money again, I'll train men in Kai. This is because Imagawa is still there in Shinano and Oda might have large armies in Owari and Mino, so it will be hard defending the former Imagawa regions.
    My planning is first to conquer Mikawa, then improve loyalty and increase my armies, and then attack Shinano.
    The Hojo still haven't attacked Musashi, while Uesugi is only getting stronger this way, because he can expand to the east.
    In the west there's still no danger, the R&R don't plan to attack me anymore, I think.

Winter 1538
    947 Koku, we had a normal season
    --------------------------------

I start building a tea house in Kai, so I can soon spy on the enemy clans without them noticing it and meanwhile reducing the loyalty there.
    I will attack Mikawa next turn, I now moved my last attacking troops to Totomi.
    I have money now, but I'll spend it only in the east, where my most important regions are.
    I train 60 sam. archers in Kai, to defend Kai if necessary while my troops attack Mikawa.

Spring 1538
    397 Koku(!)
    ------------

YEAH! I got shingen now, and so I got the best general of japan at this moment. He's an archer, and will stay in Kai to beat any foolish Uesugi army that dares attacking me. He already won 32 battles, but I'll try to improve that much more. (maybe to 64?)

I train 60 yari cav. in Kai, cav are doing well in this campaign, so I just train some more.
    I set the taxes up to 100%, loyalty is improving in Totomi. (and Suruga)

My assault on the Oda clan in Mikawa:

My hamamoto, h4, 11 heavy cav, three star(***)
    180 cav archers, h1
    60 yari ashi's h1.

Oda just changed his army in Mikawa, I don't know what it's like now, so it'll be hard. I can see it are 206 men and the general is 1-star(*).

Sorry people, but I don't have the time to post more on the campaign today.
    The next seasons include four battles(fun-to-read! )and are going to take a lot of time. I think friday in the after noon I'll post that year, and I think I can play and post another year then too.

enjoy!

EDIT: Toga, I do have time for some practice, C U at MSN!

hello people,

I have an awful lot of time today, so I expect to post another 2 years, maybe I'll include sreenies of the campaign map, too.

enjoy it!

Summer 1538
    22 Koku :(
    ------------

The tea house is now ready in Kai, I can now train Shinobi's.
    As you knew, I attacked the Oda in Mikawa:

**********Attack on Mikawa**************

It's 251 from me to 161 from the Oda, I attack with good weather, because I have so many archers.
    I don't know if Mikawa is really going to increase my amount of Koku, but it's at least a start, plus: I can make the Oda less powerful by defeating him here.

Mikawa has a river, I'm afraid it is going to be hard. When the battle started, his troops were right behind the river, so I sent my cav. archers right away to shoot them before they would take a better position. I came to late to hit anyone, but I saw that his army existed from 60 ashi's and 101 yari sams. that included his general. Because he had no archers, it was going to be easy, you'll see later what tactiks I used.

I managed to get 120 cav. archers in position to fire at anyone of his soldiers who put one step further to the bridge. I put my ashi's right behind the river, so if they would cross, I would be able to stop them from attacking my cav. archers. Then I started sending my daimyo across the river, and his troops of course charged in. Then I quickly withdrew them behind the river, and shot at him with my archers. He didn't know what to do and going on like this I shot many of his men. I just kept doing this, and in a while, my archers had no ammunition left, but he had only 16 yari sams left. At the moment I noticed I had no ammunition left, I suddenly sent my cav. archers over the river. His yari's immediately fled and I killed all of them without losing a man.

I won: killed 152(9 ashi's had escaped by fleeing from the battlefield), lost 0.

*************The defence of totomi***************

Imagawa attacked me in totomi, with all his troops he had left in shinano, 106 men. I have only 60 archers, and I don't think I wil win, because totomi is so hard to defend. At the time he attacked, I only had a port in totomi, and it doesn't pay off much with every season either. While he left shinano alone, it would certainly be taken over by the rebels, and Shinano has good cav. and a payoff every season lots higher than totomi, so I don't understand why he attacked me, but it's important to win this one. If I lose, I lose contact between Mikawa(my daimyo!) and Suruga, and my Daimyo could get killed by the Oda, if they attack.

I position my archers on one of the only 'hills' mikawa has, but I'm not quite confident I will win. His army existed out of very few yari sams, few ashi's, but a lot of archers. I fired at his ashi', and some later at his archers. I shot only about 5 of his men, and he outnumbered me in the final charge. His ashi's are faster, so hit-and-run isn't possible either. I decided just to rush down the hill when he started climbing it. It went well, but not good enough to kill so much men. In the end, his fast ashi's killed much of my routing troops.

I lost: killed 28, lost 43. A bad result, and a very bad moment in the campaign.

I destroy everything in Mikawa to keep Oda from having it in case they conquer Mikawa back. I'll use the money to train more sams, Totomi has proven that I don't have enough.
    I set the taxes to 75% again, I am going to attack Totomi from Mikawa, and I don't want the Oda to be reinforced by loyalistic rebels.
    I train 60 yari ashi's in Kai, and I start buiding a famous tea house there.

Autumn 1538
    97 Koku
    -------------

**************The second attack on totomi*************

I decided to attack totomi again, so my daimyo is safe again. I move all units, except the ashi's, from Mikawa, and the 17 archers I had left after the failed defence.

My army:

11 heavy cav. (my daimyo)888
    180 cav. archers h1

The Imagawa decide to give up totomi, but meanwhile the R&R have conquered Shinano and Imagawa's troops are forced to kill themselves. The Imagawa still have some regions in the north, but they aren't powerful anymore now.

What I was afraid for, happened, the Oda attacked Mikawa, so it's good I have totomi again, my daimyo is now safe.
    ****************The defence of Mikawa************

I have only 60 ashi's, so I'm afraid I don't stand a single chance against his quite large army. I position my men on a mountain at the border, so at least a few of them will survive if they flee. When I see his army coming, his daimyo is on the front, and I decide to attack him, killing him might be the only way to defeat them. My ashi's kill 10 of his heavy cav when they charge in at him down the hill, but Oda himself survives by withdrawing between his yari's. Against the hamamoto, I had already lost many men, and now my unit is being flanked and outnumbered at all sides. My ashi's flee, but only one survives.
    I lost: killed 24, lost 59. A poor result, but the armies totally didn't match.

I send my emissary to bribe the R&R general in Shinano, it will cost me only 55 Koku, and I would get 22 h1 ashi's with a two-star general**. My daimyo is now four-star and provides its army with +2honour, a quite nice bonus.

Winter 1539
    1019 Koku, YES!
    ----------------

The famous tea house in Kai is now ready, I now can train good spies, but I don't think time and money allow me to create them soon. :(
    My emissary failed in Shinano, probably because he has only h0, I let him try again.
    The west is still quite, luckily, because I need all the money in the east.
    I train 60 cav. archers in Kai.
    I start building a palacein Kai, costs a lot, but it has a great payoff, in my opinion.

Spring 1539
    144 Koku(!)
    -----------

I attack Mikawa again, now things are more quiet in Suruga, Totomi and Shinano. Oda has retreated troops from Mikawa again, so it won't be hard defeating him once again.

***************The second attack on Mikawa*************

I took only my cav to Mikawa for the attack:

11 heavy cav. (my daimyo) ****
    180 cav archers, h2.

This time, he has his army far away, on a mountain. When I come close, he marches to the border, probably because he saw my army and thought he couldn't win. I move my archers forward quickly and fire at his troops from the back, keeping my hamamoto near to flank if he turns around. He doesn't turn around, instead he routs, when he thinks he close enough to the border to escape safely. But he wasn't close enough, I charged in rapidly with my cav. archers, and I kill some more of his yari's.
    I finally got all the former Imagawa regions.
    I won: killed 38, lost 0. I gained +1 honour with one of my cav. archers.

I train 60 yari ashi's in Kai again.
    I think it'll be hard to hold Mikawa, Oda is very stong in Owari and Mino, but I'm determined to keep it.
    Some ninja killed my emissary in Shinano before it could try bribing the R&R again, I suspect it was either the Oda or the Uesugi who sent it.

OK, fellaz,

To make the situation easier to understand for you, I'd like to post some campaign map screenies.

I'll try posting them about the beginning situation first, please look back at my first post.

Toga once explained me how too, lets hope it works.

Yeah!

My screenies are now working, thanks R'as al ghul!

Please check my first post, poeple!

I'll soon post the next year and 2 more recent screenies!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast