Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Atlantis Total War

Default Re: Atlantis Total War

sprry, double post. ok, after reading some things of this, and believeing that this is a total conversation, plz go on ahead and finish, maybe i'll stop mine and join with urs

Don't worry, I don't exist Member King of Atlantis's Avatar

Hey, no mine isnt a total conversion even though people keep trying insisting on it. I know that mine looks alot like yours which is why i am thinking of stopping. So far i have no work done as i was waiting for rtr 6.0 to be out. We could make this a total conversion if we get a team, but right now i am the only one. I am trying to model/skin, but am having great diffuculty.

I saw that you were doing this( check the post above yours)

Check your pms chilly

IF this becomes a complete conversion we will need some factions so please post your ideas.

MY ideads

Atlantean high council-senate
    Three atlantean colonies-roman families
    athens empire-greece
    ancient eygpt-eygpt
    rama-parthia
    troy-thrace
    crete-macedon
    celts-gauls
    persians-armenia
    hittites-armenia
    spartians???-selucids
    then many barbarians for atlantis to conquer.

remember, atlantis is a fantasy faction, in greek myths, so the factions must be more mythic, hitties have no recorded events of anything atalantic (then again . . .) so we must remember that atalntis, if it had every existed, will be uber ancient, sure the hitties were anceint, but its not ancient enough, we need anceint and greek mythic factions:
    ie- mionia, mycenae, athens, cornith or argos, delphi, egypt, troy, the old and mythic stuff, yaknow, i dont think barbarians are old enough . . . or . . . wat barbarians exactly?

btw, wat are the faction colors gona be? is it gona be wat i was making it? turquiose/green-blue/aquatic and white? and wat will the icon be? i was planning to make it a round and curvy wave, maybe it should be a wave with a island on it?

Well the barbarians could be fantasy, it would be hard to make anything else out of the barbarian factions. I agree on the hittes i was just trying to name ancient empires that could be used.

I persaonally think a deep sea blue should be used. Close to navy blue but a little lighter. Secondary could be whit or black. As for faction symbol i dont know. A wave would be good. I think we should look around on it though.

Heres a site with atlantean type factions Although most of them wont work.

edit- The barbarians could just be very simple people with weak, but very cheap units.

(wow some atlantis thing is on t.v maybe it will have some good ideas)
    Last edited by King of Atlantis; 06-19-2005 at 04:10.

i read in ur thread that atalantians were createn people, thats not nessasairly true . . . from wat i've read, atlantis is in two possible locations-1. the island of thera north of crete, that is believed to be atlantis because plato wrote that a island was swalloed up by the sea at this one date i cant remember and the island of thera had a volcano that blew up (half the island gone . . .) around the same time. 2. somewhere near the island of Cyfrus (spelling?) they found archaeologic evidense there i think . . .

Yah i was going off the island off thera but i couldnt rember the name. I read somewhere that thera was part of it but so was crete. This place as stated that atlantis may be the home to the sea people.

To simplify things i was just going to put atlantis at crete or even sicily for gameplay reasons.

Since you want to go for mythology i dont think the possible historic place really matters anyways.

Last edited by King of Atlantis; 06-19-2005 at 04:18.

Here are some possible faction symbols-

These are all fromThis website

I like the first two and maybe gold and purple could be the colors too. NOw that i think about purple is often associated with atlantis.

that place is a little . . . fantisized aint it?
    i like the purple, maybe that can the factions sub color.

and i think that it should be a invansion type mod right now, if we can get enough peeps maybe we'll consider a TC.

i'm gona get to work on some skins for the armed recruits but for that, i'l need to know wat the faction colors will be . . . . so navy blue and purple? or green blue and purple or will it be white/black, not purple?

You seen some of Chilly's skins yet? Look at RTWH and find his thread.

This is probably going to be better if you get a team on it. So good luck fellas

if u had read some of the thread , u will see that he has.

Quote Originally Posted by Chilly5
    that place is a little . . . fantisized aint it?
    i like the purple, maybe that can the factions sub color
    Yeah i dindt really read the site i just thought they could work as faction symbols.

and i think that it should be a invansion type mod right now, if we can get enough peeps maybe we'll consider a TC.
    My thoughts exactly

i'm gona get to work on some skins for the armed recruits but for that, i'l need to know wat the faction colors will be . . . . so navy blue and purple? or green blue and purple or will it be white/black, not purple
    Whatever you want to go with-
    purple-gold?
    Your green/blue works but maybe make it a little darker
    If you chose a blue as main then use white or black.

P.s Chilly clear your inbox your full

Not affiliated with Red Dwarf. Member Ianofsmeg16's Avatar
    Home of Palm trees, cats with no tails, three-legged men, fairies...and more german bikers than germany

Hi!
    sorry if sum1 already took this place but i can change unit names, faction names and i can edit provinces, can be of any sevice?
    When I was a child
    I caught a fleeting glimpse
    Out of the corner of my eye.
    I turned to look but it was gone
    I cannot put my finger on it now
    The child is grown,
    The dream is gone.
    I have become comfortably numb...

Proud Supporter of the Gahzette

Ambiguous Member Byzantine Prince's Avatar

WOW, where did this thread come from? I have fantasized about the Atlantic Empire for years and now it's becoming a mod?!?!

Well now I see it's dead. Damn it I wanted to help. Well as long as people keep interested it won't be dead, because BI is coming and it's gonna make everything better.

BTW, guys why not make this Rome: Atlantic Invasion? It's far easier, you only need to add one more faction... Atlantis!!! And we can place in the Atlantic Ocean as a forgotten land that is ruled by a sadistic emperor who wants conquer the new world... Europe. Think of it, it's perfect. Huns strike from the east, Atlantians strike from the west. It's gonna be a free for all!.

Also there's real historical evidence for the existence of Atlantis so if I'm in the team I will tolerate no mermaids, or weird fish. I'm gonna read up on Plato to freshen up my historical acounts. If I'm not mistaken Plato stated that Atlantis existed 10,000 years before himself so I think the date we are looking at is about 11,000 BC. So no ray guns! Just good oldfashioned Greek units with wierd costumes and kewl archaic technology.

I hope more people get interested in this.

Quote Originally Posted by Byzantine Prince
    Well now I see it's dead.
    You have a strange criteria for dead, BP...
    Epistolary Richard's modding Rules of Cool
    Cool modders make their mods with the :mod command line switch
    If they don't, then Cool mod-users use the Mod Enabler (JSGME)
    Cool modders use show_err
    Cool modders use the tutorials database Cool modders check out the Welcome to the Modding Forums! thread Cool modders keep backups Cool modders help each other out

Quote Originally Posted by ian_of_smeg16
    Hi!
    sorry if sum1 already took this place but i can change unit names, faction names and i can edit provinces, can be of any sevice?
    Sure anyone who wants to join can. Edititng provinces is really nice(not sure what chilly can do here ) And making greece into atlantis would be good too if chill hasn't done that yet. So you want me to add you too the team?

Byzantine Prince this mod isnt dead. It just turned out that me and chilly were doing the same mod and he is a much better modder than me so we joined teams. At first it will just be an invasion mod but if we get enough people then we hope to make it a total conversion. What can you do? I can add you too the team if you want.

Quote Originally Posted by King of Atlantis
    Byzantine Prince this mod isnt dead. It just turned out that me and chilly were doing the same mod and he is a much better modder than me so we joined teams. At first it will just be an invasion mod but if we get enough people then we hope to make it a total conversion. What can you do? I can add you too the team if you want.
    I'm glad it's not dead. Well I can do several things for you. I can change unit names and I can put together everything in it's right place. I can also learn to mod units pretty quick I need some time for that though. If you can provide a link with the best modding progs and some tutorials I'de be glad to learn how to do some stuff. Oh I can also use Photoshop pretty efficiently for banners and so on.

As i have stated before I can get some info on the historical evidence for the existence of Atlantis from ancient writers so we don't have to be all magical, we dont' want the mod to look all fairy, do we? I'll write up some history and then I'll think of some description for units that you provide or that I think should(historically) be in the province.

Oh and BTW where are you planning to put Atlantis? I have a suggestion. I think it should be in the Atlantic, it's gonna be like Viking Invasion only instead of Norway and Jutland it's gonna be a large Island with many resources.

Give me some feedback though, because i have no idea what the other mod has already finished.

Thanx,

!Byz!

Atlantis total war-chilly5's thread
    Check out this link for chill's progress

Im not really sure all that hes done right now We are putting atlantis at the island of thera i believe as there is much evidence that it could have been there.

I believe we need to have a team chat soon to see what chilliy has done and what everyone else can do.( theres a chat right here at the guild for those who didnt know)

Adding you to the team

I think it's really stupid to place in Thera. Thera was always tiny island with no real importance. I think the logic behind that might be that Thera was the volcanic eruption therefore it must have been there. By that is wrong. The theory is that Crete had this enormous civilization and when Thera exploded it created a tsunami of sorts and wiped out the civilization. Every acount I have seen has Atlantis bying from huge waves. How are waves gonna hit the epicenter if the epicenter is the volcano?!?!

I don't think it should even be in Crete though, I think it should be placed outside the Pillars of Hercules so we can put into perspective, because the new world wasn't found yet and it wouldn't be impossible for small part of Atlantis to have survived and then wanting to invade Europe. If we can Crete Atlantis then it would completely ahitorical even in a fantasy situation since there would be a different culture prevelent and Crete is too small anyways.

Thanx for putting me in the team though.

!BP!

Yeah well in our first version(just atlantis invasion) it will have to be a little ahistorical anyways to have atlantis anywhere. Though i want historical accuracy if possible we must remeber that this is atlantis total war and nothing about atlantis is certain. Like i said though we will need to make a team chat to work where exactly we want to go. Maybe some time tomorrow??

I don't think we want to make a total conversion. It would be a huge pain to try make up different ridiculous units. I think we should use what we know about ancient Crete and make it "feel" realistic. Sure it's fantasy, but then again isn't all total war games fantasy? The "feel" of total war games is what makes them special. I think basing it to reality will definetly make it cooler to play.

Like i said though we will need to make a team chat to work where exactly we want to go. Maybe some time tomorrow??
    We can just use the giuld's chat line. It's usually empty anyways. Just make a time up so we all show up.

BTW I have a book called Mystery of Atlantis which has some authentic historical maps of Atlantis I'll post them laterz. Here's something I just found on the internet that wll help in the naming though:

Check out the names. I especially like Posidonis. That's awesome isn't it?

BP i like ur ideas . . . but this will definetlively be a ahistorical mod, atlantis still hasnt been proven to have ever exsisted yet . . . there is no real historical account of wat atlantis's army was (i think . . .), so if this is ahisotrical, i just thought that a modder could have some fun with a fantasy mod and have their own units and own design, based on their own accounts of atlantis. of course, u can help out with the plato stuff, and i dont like the idea of naming it atlantis invansion, sure, its a atlantis "invasion" mod, but invasion just sounds a little barbaric, so i want to name it return of atlantis. my original ahistorical mod idea, was . . .

once upon a time, atlantis was the greatest civilisation in the world . . . they conquored many territories and with uber advanced . . . i think of atlantis as the "perfect" civilization, where religion and science merge into one creating perfect harmony. a little to cute right?
    but, anyway, they built a time machine (dont ask) , and to learn more about the destiny of the human race and stuff like that, they sent some people (a lot actually) to explore and stuff. so they leave and atlantis evolves and ager the gods and blah blah, the gods send a wave to destroy their precious city. and the explorers had no idea wat happend but they went into the future to about 300 BC, they find out wat happens and along with the natives and survivors, they begin to rebuild, they conqour the agean islands, cutting of the trade of the greek cities, causing their empire to fall (somehow, dont ask) and now continue to rebuild their empire, against the rising power of rome. so thats why i want to call it rome total war-RETURN of atlantis, cause atlantis already exsisted and got destroyed. . . to would be wierd to have atlantis suddenly come from the new world or something . . . .

BTW- BP, ur a modder right? hen u must know that there is a faction limit and so we must replace a faction, not make a new one. so in order to make a empire pop out of nowhere, we will need a good story to tell how the faction it replaced suddenly fell. and king of atlantis, my skills are skinning, 2D (though not too great at that), and gmax moddeling (not to great at that either). my experience, if i had not told u already is: founder of Native america total war
    member of khan total war
    soon to be sub leader of atlantis totalwar
    trivium member (i think) at TWC
    civities at TWC (though kinda by accident)
    i will do watever i can to support this mod.
    though there's something i cant quite remember . . . and oh yeah, all members leave ur messenger chat adress thing, and . . . wat else . . .? yeah, watever . . . .

Edit-I started writng before chilly posted in case my post seams confusing

Before i make a time i need to see when chilly is available as he is vital to the chat.

We hope to make a total conversion one day, but right now we just want to make atlantis switch with greece basically.

You should check out if(if havent already) chilly's thread. Since we cant come up with to much data about atlatnis we should just try to make them feel real. Even if atlantis is on crete/thera we wont represent them as those people as even if they lived there it doenst mean thy are the cretians. This being said we need to come up with a realistric identity for atlantis and stick with it. Chilly really gets the final say on units since he is our only skinner/slightly moddeler. I believe he wants to have some fantasy units, but i would also try to make them realsitic.

I would like to say 10:00 p.m for the chat tommorow(what timezone are you in me in chilly are in the same)
    Last edited by King of Atlantis; 06-20-2005 at 04:02.

Chilly i think we should just use the org chatroom-look up top chat(java)

By the way i dont really like the time machine thing

Heres an idea-

The atlanteans we are playing as were out exploring the world when atlantis was destroyed. The have now returned to the ruins of atlantis and are now rebuilding their empire once again!

Ok that was the wrong map. Here's the right one. It's got great acount on what provinces to include:

BP i like ur ideas . . . but this will definetlively be a ahistorical mod,
    Yes I agree. I never said I actually believed Atlantis actually existed in this time period. There is historical evidence to support it's existence, or the existence of an equally great civilizations before history was written though. I don't think we should load it with crap though, not when there's so much that's based on historical acounts.

BTW- BP, ur a modder right? hen u must know that there is a faction limit and so we must replace a faction, not make a new one.
    Yes I am aware of that. There's plenty of ways we could this. I could cut the extreme east part of the map and then expand in the ocean. So naturally at least two other factions will go off the map and one of them can become Atlantis and then we make another we think should be somewhere. It's not that hard actually. I think the Persians could ebcome the Atlantians. Their units are actually not bad even if it didn't change them at all.

Although, it's not a problem if we conflict. I can just work with you guys and then change just mine, or maybe include a light version(my version idea) with a smaller download. How about that?

well, that kinda ruins the dramatc feeling i was kinda making but o well, can talk now gtg to bed talk tomarrow . . . btw u live in USA king of atlantis?

yeh, btw did you read my idea on how the atlanteans got there?

yes, i said the dramitc feeling is gone . . . and which state in the US?

yeh i was wondering if you were talking about bp, i was kinda confused. I thought it was pretty dramatic

I live in florida(look under avatar i changed it)

And like i said does 10 tomorrow work for chat here at the org... Its 11 where i am whats your guys time..bp...(mountain time????)

Chilly did you decide what colors you are going to use?

edit- well guys please respond before 10 (my time) tomorrow. PLease tell me if it wont work out.

Ian of smeg your on the team if you reply, if you do want to join please tell me as soon as possible so you can join use in the chat!
    Last edited by King of Atlantis; 06-20-2005 at 04:34.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast