I've been a huge fan of HTW for months now, and have made a small expansion if anyone is interested. The problem is getting it to people, since it takes up TONS of space.
What I did, is create a night and dusk mod that takes over the Rock Desert and Sand Desert (I don't think there are very many Saharan landscapes in, for example, Crete or Macedonia!) The night mod is a darkened lanscape with various star studded skies, some with the moon. The dusk lanscape is reddish and slightly dark, I borrowed the sky pics in this from the ones from METW from Mordor (I know, you see the mountains of Mordor, but they equally can be, let's say, in Thrace.) I will put screenshots up when I get the chance.
I have modded accompanying night sounds to go with it, and have changed many of the bird sounds to more european ones.
I have modified some of the sounds for the campaign map (wedding,etc) to short clips of ancient music.
I fixed some of the names that didn't seem to be there (barbarian warship, myc_chariots, etc.)
And, last but not least, an optional mod- I put elephant sound effects for small groups of camels and made the elephant mount into a camel instead of a horse. Thus, Medianite Cameliers should probably flee before enough of them die to get to the elephant sfx. And the elephants trumpet as they charge into battle.
I have done a couple other things, I have to go for now,
Laus Deo,
Iustinus