Thread: Problems with unit names - please help me

Default Problems with unit names - please help me

Ok hello guys. First i have to say that it is a really cool idea to make such a mod. i always wanted to play that time area in TW, excpecially with poland.

I installed the 1.0 version but i have a problem.
    I started a new campaign with poland.
    When u click on a unit description, usually a window opens where theres is apicture of the commander, description name and so on.

But when i click for example on polish hussaria, theres something like (((((!!!!!PolishHusaria!!!!!plural "Could not translate")))))))´and a text which describes the unit is also missing.
    It's just a complete mess.

Could you help me out perhaps?
    BTW: I have the german version of MTW if this matters

Thanks for your attention

Crusading historian Member cegorach's Avatar

Default Re: Problems with unit names - please help me

But when i click for example on polish hussaria, theres something like (((((!!!!!PolishHusaria!!!!!plural "Could not translate")))))))´and a text which describes the unit is also missing.
    It's just a complete mess.

Could you help me out perhaps?
    BTW: I have the german version of MTW if this matters

Thanks for your attention[/QUOTE]

First welcome to the forum m8!!

The names... It is possible that you didn't install it corectly, but I have no idea how the mod works with other language versions than the english one.
    As far as I believe all name-responsible files are changed enough. Really strange...

i will try to install a frsh version of MTW + VI

Another question: I downloaded the 1.0 version on your homepage, but in the readme it says that i isn't possible to play a campaign.
    But i started one? Is this some old readme not updated or whats the matter?

P.S.: Thanks for the warm welcome

[QUOTE=babarian34]i will try to install a frsh version of MTW + VI

Another question: I downloaded the 1.0 version on your homepage, but in the readme it says that i isn't possible to play a campaign.

1.0 wasn't supposed to be released for everybody - it was the last testing version, but I decided to allow everyone to play in the end. THe readme wasn't changed much, though.

i made a fresh installment of the game but the mod still doesnt work corecctly. :(
    also, when you start the game and choose your faction everything is wrong.
    for example i click on inhabitants of novgorod and the map shows me an area in sweden.

also the new factions are all desrcibed like $/(%$/&("$=%!§$%&%&%&/&//(/331544
    in the menu.

Perhaps i have done something wrong? i just copied all data from "install me" into to the mediaval directory. is this right?

Otherwise, i guess it doesn't work with the german version

Is here anyone perhaps who has the german version of TW and tried to play this mod. did it work with in your case?

At least i have bought the english version of Rome, so when the PaM Mod for Rome comes out i will be hopefully able to play it.

[QUOTE=babarian34]i made a fresh installment of the game but the mod still doesnt work corecctly. :(
    also, when you start the game and choose your faction everything is wrong.
    for example i click on inhabitants of novgorod and the map shows me an area in sweden.

>>>>>>>>>>> When everything is all right there is NO novgorod faction ONLY the Swedes who replaced them

also the new factions are all desrcibed like $/(%$/&("$=%!§$%&%&%&/&//(/331544
    in the menu.

>>>>>>>> It definitely is something which shouldn't happen.

Perhaps i have done something wrong? i just copied all data from "install me" into to the mediaval directory. is this right?

>>>>>> Yes it is enough to copy and paste everything inside 'install me' to your MTW VI main folder.

I am sorry, but you will have to wait for RTW release for many months - BI complicates the process, besides OiM involvement is currently the most important task I face - except the next release of PMTW for MTW

i made it work! YEES!

I noticed that in the "loc" folder of my MTW installation, i had two folders:
    "Eng" and "German".
    I guess the "Eng" came from the Pike and Musket Mod, and before this there was only german.
    So when i installed the pike and musket mod, my MTW VI still used the "german" folder for all the unit names and so on, because he isn't supossed to use a folder called "Eng".
    So I just copied all the Data from the PaM /Loc/Eng folder to the /Loc/German folder and now it works perfectly.

Only one question remaining:Is it normal that some units like haiduks or "rac" (never heard of rac, what is it? ) have no detailed description while other units like polish husaria have?

Quote Originally Posted by babarian34
    i made it work! YEES!

I noticed that in the "loc" folder of my MTW installation, i had two folders:
    "Eng" and "German".
    I guess the "Eng" came from the Pike and Musket Mod, and before this there was only german.
    So when i installed the pike and musket mod, my MTW VI still used the "german" folder for all the unit names and so on, because he isn't supossed to use a folder called "Eng".
    So I just copied all the Data from the PaM /Loc/Eng folder to the /Loc/German folder and now it works perfectly.

Only one question remaining:Is it normal that some units like haiduks or "rac" (never heard of rac, what is it? ) have no detailed description while other units like polish husaria have?

GOOD to hear it !

I forgot that Eng.txt is only for the english edition

THe descriptions were mostly written by me or re-edited from some other sources ( other supporters of the project - mainly Dead Moroz and Swordsmaster), so ultimately all units will get them, but currently I am preparing the final unit list so it is possible that there will be more than 40 new units in the next release. Some armies still lack interesting units, though ( France).
    But I promise that all the units will get their descriptions ultimately, so probably not in the next release, but later.

Regards Cegorach

"rac" (never heard of rac, what is it? )

Rac were the Serbian light cavalry copied or hired both in Poland and in Hungary and of course in Moldavia.