Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Byzantium Total War

Forsmark, Sweden, where the radiation keeps me warm.

Default Re: Byzantium Total War

Well have fun edyz I´m glad the mod is advancing...
    I support the Pike and Musket:Total War

Also Europa Barbarorum supporter!

Ja mata, TosaInu Forum Administrator edyzmedieval's Avatar

Thanks Radier.

We chose to make the mod also for BI because we have many more options of modding. I just checked some things that different mod teams (Zhanguo Mod, Chivarly Total War....) done to their mods, so that's why we chose to do it for BI. For now, me and King Henry are studying RTW Modding, so we can start early.

In BI we have many options, for example, to add more than 2 layers of walls, including the option to put soldiers on! We can make different settlement plans, so the cities won't have the same plan. I can't imagine Constantinople looking like some grown city from Bulgaria or Niceea!

Eddy
    Ja mata, TosaInu. You will forever be remembered.

Proud

Been to:

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming in France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A novel set before the war.

A Painted Shield of Honour - 1313. Templar Knights in France are in grave danger. Can they be saved?

hi, fellow Byzantinists..Im here to assist with the mod. Invited by edyzmedieval, Im originally from the SCC forums, known there as tzentri. Im not sure what to exactly put here in terms of an 'introduction'.. but Im sure my posts about the Byzantine military and its way of thinking can provide some form of 'credentials'.. Anything else, just ask!

Thanks for the opportunity to be of help.
    - tzentri

Thumbs down Re: Byzantium Total War

Nice,
    Bysantium total war is a great topic for a game. I havent read most of your thread but keep up the progress. Cant wait till I can defend the holy Land from a more detailed scale.
    I wont be able to help you with the technical part very much, since im starting a pretty busy schedule in the fall, but id be glad if i could share with you some of my ideas for TW in general.
    i have two suggestions:
    1)making a sophisticated and more dramatic use of agents: zealots, missionaries, agents that can convert troops based on piety and religion rather than money, trade caravans across land. (i already have ideas if you're interested)
    2) make patriarchs such as muslim, orthodox, jewish, and heretic popes (monophysites and Nestorians) that would insight crusades and build religious agents and also encourage peace within a religious culture, or encourage rebelions in parts of historic conflict. (heretics and jews would compete with Catholic and orthodox)
    Be without fear, in the face of your enemies.

Rise a knight!

I'm back guyz!!!

Now, since I'm back, it's also back to work. King Henry received his Osprey book about the Byzantine Armies, and he'll start the work on the units.

I'm gonna do the script for the map ( damn, it's so much to do, I hate it!) and help King Henry on the units.

Eddy

Proud

Been to:

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming in France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A novel set before the war.

A Painted Shield of Honour - 1313. Templar Knights in France are in grave danger. Can they be saved?

Tzentri,

Please provide some pics with the units and info.
    Thanks.

Proud

Been to:

Default units and info

do you want me to simply repost some of the pics from the other forum and info.. since most of the info there could be equally useful for this mod, ?

Default Re: units and info

Quote Originally Posted by kataphraktos
    do you want me to simply repost some of the pics from the other forum and info.. since most of the info there could be equally useful for this mod, ?
    Yeah. Good idea.

But if you can find more info, it's great.
    Do you have any ideas for buildings, except for Theme Level 1,2,3,4 and Mercenary Recruitment Center?!

Proud

Been to:

We need help.

Those who can help, please give us some info about the units of the Bulgars, Cumans, Armenians, Khazars....

Those who find, please post it here, or preferably at:

Byzantium Total War

Proud

Been to:

Member Member william the bastard's Avatar

Edyz

look some differents mods as BKB,VH,WES, and also and old one : Millenium, you will find some ideas fr your mod. At last on 8th mod even if it's not on your timeframe. (I say ideas,not copy and paste or ask before)
    Don't remember his nick, but a native bulgarian member have made some info pics for bulgar units. Check old threads of the engineers guilds, you'd find one called "new units info pics" or something else. Maybe help you.
    Anyway, good luck, don't fail, gonna sound rock!!
    Sorry for my French

Thanks for the info.

We won't. Prepare for the BI mod.

Proud

Been to:

Quote Originally Posted by edyzmedieval
    Thanks for the info.

We won't. Prepare for the BI mod.
    SAd I am waiting it for VI
    Sorry for my French

Don't worry.

We'll work on the VI mod until BI appear. WHen BI appears, our main work will be directed to BI, but we won't forget about the VI mod either.

Proud

Been to:

Don't worry, I don't exist Member King of Atlantis's Avatar

So the medieval mod is still going?, I *might* be able to help you guys with units...

Sorry guyz I didn't respond.

I was busy with the RTW mod which is going good.
    As for the MTW mod, it's stagnating unfortunately. The lack of team members to distribute the work is hurting the development of the MTW mod.

I sent PM's everywhere, but it seems that nobody likes to join.

Those who know to mod, and are interested, send me a PM.

Thanks,
    Edyzmedieval

Proud

Been to:

Hello All,

As an ethnic Greek(1st generation) & I lived there as well, I can share what I know about happened during the Byzantine Empire and Turkish occupation.

As a matter of fact, my grand father & mother were born in 1910/1911 respectively and my grandfather told me about a turkish rep. who got 10% of what each family in my grandfathers hamlet made!

My relatives have names that go back to Byzantium, such as:

Theoharis, Argyros, Patoulias
    1st name: Gift of God
    2nd: Silver craftsman
    3rd: Walker or floormaker (Greek: Peripatima-To walk, Patoma-Floor)

and so forth.

My services are at your disposal EDYZMEDIEVAL!

Va Zisi H Ellas! Va Zisi H Poli! Long Live Greece! Long Live Constantinople!
    Poli- GK.slang for Byzantium from some time ago

Flavius Claudius Julianus Member NodachiSam's Avatar

That awsome, thanks for the offer.
    I know Greece rebelled against the Ottoman empire through the 19th century. Do modern greeks associate with Byzantium as closely as they seem to associate with ancient pre-Rome greece? Did Greece ever try to take Constantinople when it was becomming independant?
    Please check out my art http://calcaneus.deviantart.com/

Enlightened Despot Member Vladimir's Avatar

Default The Tragedy of Byzantium

Great work. I had a romanticized idea of the Eastern Roman Empire until I learned a little more about it and realized that the Turks won a well-deserved victory.

I have a question on battle maps:

1. Are you using topographical maps of common invasion routes?

It should be easy to find maps with current terrain features, elevation, etc of regions in the East. Are the battle maps going to be based on historical routes of invasion? All I can really add are suggestions as I haven't done much work making maps. Keep up the good work.

Reinvent the British and you get a global finance center, edible food and better service. Reinvent the French and you may just get more Germans.
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil_Maniac From Mars
    How do you motivate your employees? Waterboarding, of course.
    Ik hou van ferme grieten en dikke pinten
    Down with dried flowers!
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Hi All,

Yes, the modern day Greeks are closely tied in their thought and most especially in their religion to Byzantium. Greek Orthodoxy with the Patriarchs and in music and "in" the people themselves. All is appreciated.

I also believe that at one point Constantinople was either conquered or given to the greeks! I believe that was the 19th century, IF I'm not mistaken.

Needless to say, Greeks today appreciate the Ancients, Byzantine Greeks and Revolutionary (Anti-Turk) Heroes such as: Kolokotronis, Papaflessas, Bouboulina and Andreas Mavrokordatos to name a few.

Turkish occupation sucked for Christians. For the first 200 years something called Devshirme, the taken of christian children between the ages of 8-10 or 12 and making them convert to Islam & speak only turkish & become turkish essentially and then they became the "elite" unit of the Ottoman turkish forces called the Janissaries-Turkish: Yeniceri, who fought their own people, took place.
    I think THAT stopped after the first 200 years or in 1650 something, but Janissary recruitment continued until 1800 when the turkish sultan turned his cannons on them, in their quarters in Turkey, effectively stopping them literally "dead."

The turks were cruel, ruthless and a cold people.
    I personally do NOT still trust them.
    They committed a genocide against the Armenian people in the 1930's or 40's. It was a forced march which became in effect a "death march."
    Over a million Armenians died because of the Kemal regime. Not Good.

Any More Questions Kids? Enjoy! ZHTO H ELLAS- May Hellas Live!

Flavius Claudius Julianus Member NodachiSam's Avatar

Thanks for the info. I'll be sure to buy some nice big books focusing on Roman history and Byzantium (though I think it is kind of the same political tradition, though it evolved alot). Is greek still spoken much in Istanbul?

I know most if not all political large political units throughout history are mostly tyranical my modern standards (proclaimed standards anyhoo) but I must admit I have a romantic notion about Roman history.
    Please check out my art http://calcaneus.deviantart.com/

Well it's sad to say but I would rather have been a Christian living in the Ottoman Empire than a Muslim living in (northern) Iberia. Now days we have professional sports to work out our rivalries with our neighbors and competitors. Weren't the majority of Janissaries recruited from impoverished formally Catholic controlled regions like Hungary? I think that's why they get a bonus if you make them in Bulgaria.

It sounds like it would be a good idea to program in a Portugal-like loyalty to certain Greek regions if they're conquered by the Turks.

Reinvent the British and you get a global finance center, edible food and better service. Reinvent the French and you may just get more Germans.
    Down with dried flowers!

Why don't you discuss on our forum please?!
    http://s10.invisionfree.com/Imperium...p?showforum=40

As for the MTW mod, Count MRVHS is going to help us. He's gonna do very much work on the mod.

Proud

Been to:

Anyone else willing to help us?!

Proud

Been to:

ready to help, but what are you needing? Since the beginning of this thread really wonder how i may help you??
    It's too bad 'cause I truly wanna see the release of this mod!
    Sorry for my French

It's good that we still have support.

Ok, gonna send the maps to Count soon.
    William, what can you do?!

Proud

Been to:

Here is an announcement.

King Henry V is now the leader of Byzantium TW for MTW:VI.
    He will direct the mod.

From now on, I will only help, "from the shadow".

Hail the new leader

Proud

Been to:

Good to see a new post but should a "Brit" be running the mod? I think a "local" would do much better.

Down with dried flowers!

Yeah, I'm more "local" than King Henry

But, a small announcement.

The MTW mod will be done after we release the RTW BI mod. We've started on the RTW mod, we'll have to finish that, because we've done much progress on that.

Proud

Been to:

Guys, a small update. Had some free time, and I made 5 units. Made with Ultimate Paint.
    They can't be seen very well. They are basically units from the battlemap and unit cards.

Cuman Mercenary Cavalry

Hospitaller Foot Knights

Order Crossbowmen

Templar Foot Knights

Teutonic Crossbowmen

Hope you liked them. King Henry will resume the work when he comes back.

Proud

Been to:

Oh, and some more news.
    Apart from the new units, I'll try to do some more work regarding the campaign map. Will try to post up a screenshot of the map soon.

Those who want to join our small team, don't hesitate to give me a PM.

We are trying to develop the MTW mod also.

Proud

Been to:

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast