Thread: Research: what causes rebels to appear?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: Research: what causes rebels to appear?

i read most of the post fairly closely, but only skimmed some, so i hope i'm not just repeating information.

i got this information from a thread in the modding section where they were experimenting with map changes on what they ai would chose to do. they posted their observations on rebels, even though it wasn't the main point of the thread.

anyhow- the setting in descr_strat is inverse and does matter. that means the higher the number, the less frequently rebels will spawn. i think on 1.5 the initial setting is 10, so if you change it to 99 then you should get rebels very infrequently. please note there is a separate entry for pirates (the initial value is 28 (luckily i have a shortcut to descr_strat on my desktop, what a geek!))

it was noticed that fertile tiles in a province also matters, which explains why some areas get more rebels than others with everything else being equal.

rebels never spawned in a province that had existing rebels.

but as i said, testing about rebels wasn't the primary purpose of their tests, so they didn't really go into too much depth trying to get different results (like changing conditions to see if you could get more rebels to spawn where some already exist). the exception being that they changed the amount of fertile tiles and found that it did matter.

Member thankful for this post: