Thread: Old age death of Generals

Default Old age death of Generals

This will seem to be an odd question. I recently purchased the Vikings add on to Medieval total war and then quickly added the XL mod. I noticed that generals now die of old age while in the original Medieval total war game they would live forever. Sadly I dont like this increased realism. I enjoyed trying to take a general from 3-4 stars and trying to make him a 9 star general with tons of positive traits/vices. I was hoping there would be some way possible to keep the generals living forever like it was in the original game. Thus my question is...is it possible to change a settiong or file just something to allow generals not die of old age?

Ja mata, TosaInu Forum Administrator edyzmedieval's Avatar

Default Re: Old age death of Generals

Welcome to the .org snowman!!!

I don't think it can be modded... Hardcoded....

Only the important generals die of old age, even without VI... For example, you play with Spain on Early and you bribe El Cid... After a couple of years, he will die, but, the new general, keeps everything the dead general had....
    So it's not much of a fuss....

Cheers!
    Ja mata, TosaInu. You will forever be remembered.

Proud

Been to:

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming in France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A novel set before the war.

A Painted Shield of Honour - 1313. Templar Knights in France are in grave danger. Can they be saved?

Member Member Crusader4thepeople's Avatar

yes that is correct. I had a prince with my Almohads who was 9 star expert attacker. When he became a General with royal blood and then died, his follower was exactly the same. i also found this with the sid and my zealous governor of aragon

Ahh I see, thanks so much for the replies. Its good to know all that effort in building up the general isnt wasted. Too bad the name and picture change though...I'am always fond of certain general pictures opposed to some others that I really dislike. Can't win all the time I guess.