Thread: Anybody know how to create a Fakeserver

Default Anybody know how to create a Fakeserver

We will need soon a fakeserver for VI/MTW.
    Can anyone describe me ,how i can get one to run for VI/MTW ???

Weird Organism Senior Member Drisos's Avatar

Talking Re: Anybody know how to create a Fakeserver

Are those idiots shutting down MTW server too???!!!

contact shambles, he knows all about it.
    - Chu - Gi - Makoto - Rei - Jin - Yu - Meiyo -

Default Re: Anybody know how to create a Fakeserver

Well, Tiger I think you and the others should tell everyone about what is going to happen. You don't what to happen with MTW what happened to STW when the server was shut down.

nobody knew there was going to be a fakeserver and they all abandoned the TW world.

you must prevent this for MTW. Tell everyone, - and I mean EVERY ONE - to go to the .org to the barracks when the server is shut down. then post info about your server here. that way they should stay with you. I hope it succeeds.

The hair proves it... Senior Member EatYerGreens's Avatar

Hi Tamerlane,

I realise that the MTW server has got a lot busier recently but I see no reason not to pursue this query further, on a 'just in case' basis.

Whilst setting up a substitute server is only a problem of finding someone wealthy enough (!!!) to have enough machines for the task and a fixed IP address, the hard part is going to be getting individual users to realise it's even available.

After that, it'll be all about helping them to work out how to fix their copy of the game to link up to it. I've yet to see any signs of the gamespy address embedded in any config files and wonder whether it's 'hard-coded' in some way. CA has no qualms about mods which enhance the user experience but they might not be so accommodating when it comes to tinkering with the core program code.

EYG

This post was made during one of the longest periods that GS was down, and after it was running again, quite a few problems were encountered IIRC. But anyway, someday it might happen, but not now I guess;)
    [VDM]Alexandros
    -------------------------------------------
    DUX: a VI MP enhancement mod
    -Version 0.4 is out
    -Comments/Technical Problems are welcome here
    -New forum on upcoming DUX tourney and new site (under construction).

That`s why we can start to speak now about it,so that we know what to do ,if the GS Server goes down.
    But at moment im very pleasant with the activitys in the Lobby,Many ppl are back and playing.The count of players is stable and u can get a game fast enough,if u wish a game.If have see worrst times after RTW was out.But now
    it looks much better.Maybe we can reach again 100 ppl on weekends.That will be nice.

PS: I must say a funny thing.The TigerClan is now 9 months old.And the most clans have lose members.But our new Clan have reach a high count of 28 members at moment.So i can only say,if some Clans try to recrut they can find players,but they must practise with them and invest many time to get them skilled.But it works.So i can only hope that a few Ronins start a new Clan and the other clans start to recrut again.Maybe some of them founded Subclan`s too.Many newbies coming in the Lobby.If u throw a look on our Forum u can see that we get nearly every day a application wish.On that way we can push the count of players up for our clan and for the whole comunity.This is the way to take under quaranty that we have nexts years enough players too.

Tiger_Sen_Tamerlane
    www.tigerclan.com
    Last edited by Tiger_Tamerlane; 09-06-2005 at 01:32.

Hi m8!

good news.. TosaInu seen We in some store... he can buy it for you and send via snail-mail Pm him if intrested

it would be nice to see you in stw mp sometimes