Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Worst bands of all times...

Chief Sniffer Senior Member ichi's Avatar

Default Re: Worst bands of all times...

Quote Originally Posted by PanzerJager
    Im going to go out on a limb here and say Van Halen.
    with Sammy Hagar I'd agree, but with Dave up front they were cool
    Stay Calm, Be Alert, Think Clearly, Act Decisively

CoH

Chief Sniffer Senior Member ichi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JAG
    Limp Bizkit and Linkin Park.

What abominations.
    Linkin Park is what is wrong with music today. Awful

Quote Originally Posted by Craterus
    Led Zepellin
    Pink Floyd
    Nothing you ever say will have any credibility. Either trolling or on drugs (not the good kind either)

ichi
    Stay Calm, Be Alert, Think Clearly, Act Decisively

CoH

Very Senior Member Gawain of Orkeny's Avatar

Gah! How can anyone not like so many awesome bands! To think that the Dead, Floyd, Zep and the Stones were all mentioned as the worst band of all time is insane! Think of how many horrible bands there have been! I mean there's disco and hair metal and punk and countless of other suck music! Gah!!!!
    Let me add some more biggies

Bruce Springsteen. Man he sucks.
    Kiss
    U2
    Boy George
    The other band that the dead go by when their not being the dead. Its even worse than when they have Garcia. I forget the name.

Abba is the best POP band ever
    Van Halen rocks with Roth.
    Fighting for Truth , Justice and the American way

Medical Welshman in London. Senior Member Big King Sanctaphrax's Avatar
    Cardiff in the summer, London during term time.

I'm going to have to disagree with you there Gawain. Bruce is great, and his seventies output, from The Wild, the Innocent..., to Darkness on the Edge of Town is excellent, although I'm not so keen on most of his stuff after that. Born To Run, in particular, is a truly majestic record.
    Last edited by Big King Sanctaphrax; 07-17-2005 at 00:37.
    Co-Lord of BKS and Beirut's Kingdom of Peace and Love.

"Handsome features, rugged exteriors, intellectual chick magnets, we're pretty much twins."-Beirut

"Rhy, where's your helicopter now? Where's your ******* helicopter now?"-Mephistopheles.

Tree Killer Senior Member Beirut's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Steppe Merc
    Pot and LSD helped a lot of bands with better music (Beatles in particular).
    Pot and LSD helped a lot of listeners too.
    Unto each good man a good dog

Standing Up For Rationality Senior Member Ronin's Avatar

Wink Re: Worst bands of all times...

-boybands, girlbands, britneys and such associated garbage
    -limp bizkit, linkin park(and any else nu-metal crap)
    -most rap(some good stuff mixed in there tough)
    -The beatles(no i´m not kidding.....utter crap and the most overrated band EVER in my opinion.....i just have to listen to a couple of their songs and i start to realize were mark chapman was coming from..)
    "If given the choice to be the shepherd or the sheep... be the wolf"
    -Josh Homme
    "That's the difference between me and the rest of the world! Happiness isn't good enough for me! I demand euphoria!"
    - Calvin

The beatles(no i´m not kidding.....utter crap and the most overrated band EVER in my opinion.....i just have to listen to a couple of their songs and i start to realize were mark chapman was coming from..)
    Well you just proved you have no sense of musical appretiation or history.

Quote Originally Posted by Gawain of Orkeny
    Well you just proved you have no sense of musical appretiation or history.
    don´t give me that..."ohhh they they influenced everyone after them"....so did beethoven...but i don´t praise him for a record that came out last month...

i know dull and boring when i hear it...and the beatles are it....and you know what?....it´s not that they are THAT bad....if they were a regular band i´d think that they were regular and nothing more...it´s the "greatest band of all time" bullsh*t that is brought up everytime someone mentions them that really makes me wanna smash the stereo everytime they come on

but what am i debating this for?...i´m talking with someone that put the boss on his list....
    -Josh Homme
    "That's the difference between me and the rest of the world! Happiness isn't good enough for me! I demand euphoria!"
    - Calvin

don´t give me that..."ohhh they they influenced everyone after them"....so did beethoven...but i don´t praise him for a record that came out last month...
    I do if he influenced it. Many a serious musical scholar compares the Beatles to composers such as Beethoven. Do you have any training in music or play an instrument? Sure dosent sound that way. They did things no one ever tried before an expanded the scope of rock as no one before or since. They helped bring down the USSR and were really the start of giving power to the young. They changed the world .No other group can come close to making such a claim.

I do if he influenced it. Many a serious musical scholar compares the Beatles to composers such as Beethoven. Do you have any training in music or play an instrument? Sure dosent sound that way. They did things no one ever tried before an expanded the scope of rock as no one before or since. They helped bring down the USSR and were really the start of giving power to the young. They changed the world .No other group can come close to making such a claim.

yes...i do play an instrument......do i break some sort of secret commandment because i call something dull and boring if i find it so?

as far as being an influence...so what?....you can be influenced by something and still blow it out of the water yourself...

there have been many bands after the beatles that have done just so....blow them out of the water completelly......i could stand here all night stating bands that were so much better than them...the police is a good example.....5 albums...all class, no filler...there´s maybe 1 bad song in there...

..this almost "sainthood" that they are given in the music business is bs.....like i said....my dislike for them is greatly due to the force used to force them as being the greatest band ever...

help bring down the ussr?.....giving power to the youth?......silly me...i tough that political and economic pressure and higher education standards were responsible for those 2.....this is music here...it´s important...but let´s not make it more important than it is...
    -Josh Homme
    - Calvin

Scruffy Looking Nerf Herder Member Steppe Merc's Avatar

Gah! The Beatles are awesome! They are the best band ever!
    They changed Rock and Roll, and made it awesome. Without them Dylan never would have went electric, and the Stones and countless others would never have made it big. Their later stuff is just incredible. I mean the White Album is just awesome, as is Abbey Road, Sgt. Pepper's, Revolver, so many other incredible albums.

No way. Bruce is good. Not the best, but as BKS said, his early stuff is quite good.
    Last edited by Steppe Merc; 07-17-2005 at 01:33.

"But if you should fall you fall alone,
    If you should stand then who's to guide you?
    If I knew the way I would take you home."
    Grateful Dead, "Ripple"

Gah! The Beatles are awesome! They are the best band ever!
    They changed Rock and Roll, and made it awesome. Without them Dylan never would have went electric, and the Stones and countless others would never have made it big. Their later stuff is just incredible. I mean the White Album is just awesome, as is Abbey Road, Sgt. Pepper's, Revolver, so many other incredible albums.

yes they would have made it.....rock and roll comes from the blues....that´s the main influence...mainly in the guitar style of the music...

i´m pretty sure that a bunch of british boys with lame haircuts can´t claim responsability with the real source of rock and roll that is the blues........or do they claim responsability for that too?
    -Josh Homme
    - Calvin

Yes, the blues still would have existed, and that is the main source of rock. However, it would never have made it to the white audience without them. Sure Elvis helped a bit, but without the Beatles, would the Yardbirds and the Stones still have been signed, or countless of other bands? Would anyone listen to the Yardbirds and the Stones, besides a few people? Once peope heard the Beatles, they branched out into other bands, but without the Beatles, would those people have ever listened to those bands? Or would the bands have ever even made it big, or even existed? IMO, I don't think so.

Grateful Dead, "Ripple"

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Bruce Springsteen
    who is much worse than
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    EC

Quote Originally Posted by sharrukin
    On the assumption that Rap isn't music, I would say Milli Vanilli.
    Have to agree. Rap is not music. It does have some rhythm and sometimes there is a tune but over all its not music.

RIP Tosa, my trolling end now Senior Member Devastatin Dave's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beirut
    Pot and LSD helped a lot of listeners too.
    Like I said in the first post in a round about way...

RIP Tosa

Dave, no real Dead Head would go to rehab for pot and LSD, silly.

Grateful Dead, "Ripple"

RIP Tosa, my trolling end now Senior Member Devastatin Dave's Avatar

Dave, no real Dead Head would go to rehab for pot and LSD, silly.
    Good Point....
    RIP Tosa

Mad Professor Senior Member Hurin_Rules's Avatar

I see that no one has yet mentioned White Lion.
    "I love this fellow God. He's so deliciously evil." --Stuart Griffin

and sometimes there is a tune
    But its never their tune but a sample of an old one that somebody else wrote. The only decent rap is the kind Mariah Carey started with a hot babe sining with some rapper. At least theres music there. Theres tons of artists copying this style now. Ill still take rock and roll though thank you.
    Last edited by Gawain of Orkeny; 07-17-2005 at 06:19.

Bruce Springsteen does suck.. as does Van Halen no matter who was playing with them, Sammy or Dave.

Anything punk is gonna suck.
    "Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite." - John Kenneth Galbraith

any band with any connection whatsoever with Mr. Simon 'hotpants' Cowell
    There are times I wish they’d just ban everything- baccy and beer, burgers and bangers, and all the rest- once and for all. Instead, they creep forward one apparently tiny step at a time. It’s like being executed with a bacon slicer.

“Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy.”

To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticise.

"The purpose of a university education for Left / Liberals is to attain all the politically correct attitudes towards minorties, and the financial means to live as far away from them as possible."

Senior Member Senior Member English assassin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JAG
    Limp Bizkit and Linkin Park.

What abominations.
    Left and right meet, on the subject of "nu metal"...

Linkin Park especially seem to be an affront to humanity.

Persumably only the fact that solo "artists" have been ruled OT has stopped someone mentioning Celion Dion? And, oh god, Bryan Adams?

man, Canada has some explaining to do...
    "The only thing I've gotten out of this thread is that Navaros is claiming that Satan gave Man meat. Awesome." Gorebag

Senior Member Senior Member English assassin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zalmoxis
    Anything punk is gonna suck.
    Wot? The Sex Pistols, suck?

Thats it I'm off to listen to Never Mind the Bollocks right now to purge such heresy from my mind...
    "The only thing I've gotten out of this thread is that Navaros is claiming that Satan gave Man meat. Awesome." Gorebag

and to think that my brother was arrested in 1977 for wearing a NMTB 't' shirt ..... how quaint.

now listen carefully and say after me....

Punk is good..

rinse and repeat
    There are times I wish they’d just ban everything- baccy and beer, burgers and bangers, and all the rest- once and for all. Instead, they creep forward one apparently tiny step at a time. It’s like being executed with a bacon slicer.

“Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy.”

To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticise.

"The purpose of a university education for Left / Liberals is to attain all the politically correct attitudes towards minorties, and the financial means to live as far away from them as possible."

Rock 'n' Roll Will Never Die Member Axeknight's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by English assassin
    Wot? The Sex Pistols, suck?

Thats it I'm off to listen to Never Mind the Bollocks right now to purge such heresy from my mind...
    A cheap holiday in other people's misery!

I don't want a holiday in the sun,
    I wanna go to the new Belsen,
    I wanna see some history,
    Cuz now I got a reasonable economy!

Now I got a reason, now I got a reason,
    Now I got a reason an' I'm still waiting,
    Now I got a reason,
    Now I got a reason to be waiting,

THE BERLIN WALL!

Class. Never Mind The Bollocks is a great record, no matter what you guys say. Stop the hate, people, classic rock and punk can live side by side. I love Zeppelin, the Stones, the Doors, Guns N' Roses, AC/DC, Thin Lizzy and Pink Floyd as well as the Pistols, the Ramones and the Clash.

As to those who say Van Halen suck; listen to their early stuff, or even Hot for Teacher and Jump - they rock! Okay, so it's not the Doors - you're not likely to be intellectually stretched and challenged by it - but for blowing off steam and having a bit of fun, they can't be beaten.

Virtually anything that passes for heavy metal these days (Slipknot, System of a Down, any of that Scandinavian rubbish) is crap. And while punk is good, its spinoffs (hardcore and thrash metal) suck the big one.

|LGA.3rd|General Clausewitz Member Kaiser of Arabia's Avatar

Let me add some more biggies
    Kiss
    AAAHHH!!!! You did not just say that Kiss is bad did you? While I don't like what they represent they have some good songs (Strutter being top of the list)
    Abba is the best POP band ever
    You just praised Abba? I just lost all respect for you Abba was formed by the devil!

Why do you hate Freedom?
    The US is marching backward to the values of Michael Stivic.

You just praised Abba? I just lost all respect for you Abba was formed by the devil!
    Yeah ABBA is the devils work but KISS is fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Krauser
    Have to agree. Rap is not music. It does have some rhythm and sometimes there is a tune but over all its not music.
    Yes it is. If you deny the musicness of Rap then you deny the musicness of all forms of rock.
    If you havin' skyrim problems I feel bad for you son.. I dodged 99 arrows but my knee took one.

VENI, VIDI, NATES CALCE CONCIDI

I came, I saw, I kicked ass

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast