View Poll Results: Which Is Really The Best Medieval Multiplayer Game?

Voters
24. This poll is closed
  • I have played only MTW multiplayer.

0 0%
  • I have played only VI multiplayer.

2 8.33%
  • I have played both but think MTW is best.

0 0%
  • I have played both but think VI is best.

16 66.67%
  • I have played both and think they are both equal.

0 0%
  • I don’t play Medieval multiplayer.

6 25.00%
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: MTW or VI - Which Is Really The Best Medieval Multiplayer Game?

Senior Member Senior Member Tomisama's Avatar

Default Re: MTW or VI - Which Is Really The Best Medieval Multiplayer Game?

Aye, and that’s where yer spears (and halbs and pikes) come in

Really this valour one concept with enhanced anti-cavalry is a beautiful thing. But the balance it creates in the over all scheme of things does all but demand that you bring a balanced army. And you need to understand that, if you are going to be successful playing it.

In my opinion limiting swords and raising spears brings a feel to the game similar to that of Shogun. And the results of reducing the morale gap, puts the emphasis more on generalship and teamwork, than on pumped up unit selections.

This may not be for everyone, maybe just for the more serious gamer, I don’t know. But I do believe that it provides a more realistic challenge, for whoever will brave it.

Nine Clans have stepped into the Knights Of Valour arena to play by the Valor Rules proscribed for this Tournament. And with the two more that have promised participation bringing us to nine Clans, that leaves only five slots open.

Please don’t hesitate if you have any intentions of being included in this event. Sign Up Today!

http://p219.ezboard.com/bclanwars3540

If your Clan has no CWC Emissary, or they are unavailable right now, any Clan member can fill in and post on our public forums (Visitor's Gate - All Welcome). We will work out the details later
    HONOUR IS VICTORY - GO WITH HONOUR - KEEP THE CODE

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198003816474

Thankfully, you guys were right about VI being the more popular choice for the evening player (GMT). I've had some great battles now and am really enjoying being back into it. So whats this KoV thing all about? Is it a mod? Sounds interesting. I like the idea of the more balanced armies.

Clan Takiyama Senior Member CBR's Avatar

Hey CrackedAxe

Knights of Valor is a simple set of rules. All units can have max one valor except anticav units that can have valor 2. Anticav are spear units and halberdiers (chiv foot knights, billmen, JHI, swiss halbs and halbs)

The rules have been made to ensure that the anticav units wont be overrun by pumped up sword units and that sword units are not strong enough to handle cav as we see when playing with no rules.

That makes for a more balanced army setup and better gameplay.

CBR

Thanks CBR. So are these tourney rules only? Or are people hosting standalone games with these rules in the MP lobby? I wouldn't mind trying this out but I've never been in a clan.

Very Senior Member Gawain of Orkeny's Avatar

Thanks CBR. So are these tourney rules only? Or are people hosting standalone games with these rules in the MP lobby? I wouldn't mind trying this out but I've never been in a clan.
    Well not to brag but as the inventor of these rules I host stand alone games using them quite often. Just look for a game called tourney test or if you see me online ask and Ill host one.
    Fighting for Truth , Justice and the American way

The hair proves it... Senior Member EatYerGreens's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CrackedAxe
    Were are all the VI players? I came back to the MP lobby after a six month absence, dying to get back in, only to find no VI games and all the guys there on MTW only! Not one would take my advice that VI is so much better. Is this the end of the VI MP community?
    Not sure if this is the right thread but I made my first foray into MP today and had a rollicking good time, even when I bollixed things up big time.

After some tweaking, I managed to host behind a Mcfirewall and had no trouble hosting some 3v3s (3Ghz P4, 1 Gig RAM, ADSL).

You'll be pleased to learn that I'm doing this in VI.

It was tricky getting much more than 1v1 in the early afternoon but it picked up later, equal numbers of MTW and VI players. Weekend's coming and I'm hooked, so expect to see me there soon. Just excuse the noobness.

I'm finding the SP battles against AI are absolutely no preparation whatsoever for this lark and am having to re-learn a whole bunch of stuff.

In spite of that, I was on the winning side more often than not but I got heavily clobbered in the casualties stakes, so I put that down to getting good team mates. I was chuffed to finish the last 2v2 with 10 units still on the field.

EYG

Wink Re: MTW or VI - Which Is Really The Best Medieval Multiplayer Game?

Im glad u having a blast "eatyourgreens". I have talked to quite a few who never played online and finding it awesome experience. I hops you continue to enjoy MP! Have fun Win or Lose!
    Hunter King George Visit the Realm of the Hunters:
    Proud participant of the Code of Honor. Have you signed the code?

The hair proves it... Senior Member EatYerGreens's Avatar

Thanks King_George.

Hope to see you online.

EYG

aka AggonyRom Member Ghost of Rom's Avatar

In the last CWC Silents and RTK tied. It was only through the tie breaking rules that they won.
    Sounds like some really good battles. Where can I download the .vrp to watch them?

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567