Now is it me or prior to 9 o'clock on 7/7/05 was all that could be seen in British news programmes articles about Africa and Climate Change. They were our two major obsessions and we heard very little about anything but. We were also all getting very excited about the G8 summit and the exciting developments that were going to occur there...

And then what? These two stories seem to have completely disapeared on off the mainstream media map. You really have to dig to find information about either of them from the British media. These were the two most important media stories around and now they are at the same level as stories about old ladies doing tai-chi and the progress of Blyth tiddley-winks team.

While I appreciate that the London Bombings are closer to home and require urgent reporting, surely we should not completely lose focus on these two other issues. Are we so ignorant as viewers that we cannot handle more than one main story at once? Or is it that Africa is once again, no longer the flavour of the month and now we've had our little rock concert we don't care anymore.

52 people died in the London bombings. That many people die every 156 seconds from preventable disease in Africa - thats 28,800 people a day.
Predicted maps based on climate change data suggest that much of England will be flooded in 100 years if the issue is not tackled now.

I'm not marginalising this terrorist attack, but come on, do not lose sight of the big picture when we have this much momentum.