Thread: MTW Source Code

Ja mata, TosaInu Forum Administrator edyzmedieval's Avatar

Exclamation MTW Source Code

This is a very very hard question.

How can I uncode the Source Code, so I can modify stuff like training troops for loyalty, making a capital-mode......

This is very important because MTW quite limits the modification that can be made to it, especially when you try to make a mod with important modifications, like the Byzantium Total War mod.
    Ja mata, TosaInu. You will forever be remembered.

Proud

Been to:

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming in France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A novel set before the war.

A Painted Shield of Honour - 1313. Templar Knights in France are in grave danger. Can they be saved?

For England and St.George Senior Member ShadesWolf's Avatar

Default Re: MTW Source Code

Good luck, this is an interesting question,

I wait to see if we get any good replys.
    ShadesWolf
    The Original HHHHHOWLLLLLLLLLLLLER

Im a Wolves fan, get me out of here......

Hopefully I will receive good replies....

I am expecting from Barocca and BKB and VH the most because they are very experienced modders....

Proud

Been to:

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming in France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A novel set before the war.

A Painted Shield of Honour - 1313. Templar Knights in France are in grave danger. Can they be saved?

Quote Originally Posted by edyzmedieval
    This is a very very hard question.

How can I uncode the Source Code, so I can modify stuff like training troops for loyalty, making a capital-mode......

This is very important because MTW quite limits the modification that can be made to it, especially when you try to make a mod with important modifications, like the Byzantium Total War mod.
    When you say "uncode the Source Code", are you thinking of hardcoded stuff or just the info inside the production files? Hardcoded stuff can't be uncoded, that I know.

MTW XL version 3.0 out now! Get it here:
    https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=31201

Welcome back VH!!!

I mean both. I want to make new stuff available to MTW, like the capital mode and setting the faction heir.

Proud

Been to:

Quote Originally Posted by edyzmedieval
    Welcome back VH!!!

I mean both. I want to make new stuff available to MTW, like the capital mode and setting the faction heir.
    I don't think it is possible to set faction heir, make factions have capitals and that kind of stuff. You can edit unit stats, buildings needed to build units, homelands by resticting where it's possible to build units, the power of guns and lots of other funny stuff. MTW limits modding a lot, but some times it is possible go around them. An example of the limiting factors are the 108 provinces and 256 units in one campaign. In my XL mod I give all factions one keep in early era, a castle in high and a citadel in late as the capital. In high and late period there will be more smaller castles, but the capital is the biggest. Capitals will also start with feudal level buildings in early, chivalric in high and in late it has even more advanced buildings. This is cool because HQ units can be build from the start by the AI.

MTW XL version 3.0 out now! Get it here:
    https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=31201

Quote Originally Posted by VikingHorde
    I don't think it is possible to set faction heir, make factions have capitals and that kind of stuff. You can edit unit stats, buildings needed to build units, homelands by resticting where it's possible to build units, the power of guns and lots of other funny stuff. MTW limits modding a lot, but some times it is possible go around them. An example of the limiting factors are the 108 provinces and 256 units in one campaign. In my XL mod I give all factions one keep in early era, a castle in high and a citadel in late as the capital. In high and late period there will be more smaller castles, but the capital is the biggest. Capitals will also start with feudal level buildings in early, chivalric in high and in late it has even more advanced buildings. This is cool because HQ units can be build from the start by the AI.

Ahhhh....Too bad...

Isn't anybody who can figure out how to decode the Source Code?!

Or, is the Source Code composed of 1 file or more files?!

Proud

Been to:

Nur-ad-Din Forum Administrator TosaInu's Avatar

This is likely illegal to do.
    Ja mata

TosaInu

Senior Member Senior Member Kraellin's Avatar

i'm afraid it is illegal to do. what you are talking about is disassembling the code to get to the source so that you can modify it and re-compile it. this most definitely violates the end user license agreement.

this thread shld be closed.

K.

OOOOPsss...

Thanks for telling me that. Didn't know it.

Proud

Been to: