Thread: Wait and deployment?

Default Wait and deployment?

Hi, I just got the game and there are a few things still perplexing me. I've pretty much got the general flanks army and kills infantry pretty much down, but before the battle, what does "Wait" do and how do you change the formation of your units? I've seen people say that sometimes you should use 3 ranks or string your units wide, but how do you do that?

Oh and while I'm here, how do you merge units together?

thanks

Default Re: Wait and deployment?

oh btw, i forgot to mention, I'm playing RTW 1.2

Don't worry, I don't exist Member King of Atlantis's Avatar

*wait just changes the weather
    *You can arrange your units anyway you want by clicking and dragging where you want them, but there is also a unit formation button on the bottom left corner.
    *to merge units simply click and drag the unit portrait on to another one of the same type. This cant be done in battle though.

Ja mata, TosaInu Forum Administrator edyzmedieval's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by King of Atlantis
    *wait just changes the weather
    *You can arrange your units anyway you want by clicking and dragging where you want them, but there is also a unit formation button on the bottom left corner.
    *to merge units simply click and drag the unit portrait on to another one of the same type. This cant be done in battle though.
    You said everything....

Also, to flank, use cavalry. When they have passed your cavalry, go to their rear, and charge. Dead meat....
    Ja mata, TosaInu. You will forever be remembered.

Proud

Been to:

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming in France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A novel set before the war.

A Painted Shield of Honour - 1313. Templar Knights in France are in grave danger. Can they be saved?

The Sword of Rome Member Marcellus's Avatar

Welcome to the Org, rs2k2!

To merge, you can also press 'm' when you have selected an army in the campaign map. This automatically merges all units that can be merged.

Oddly enough, I've never waited in RTW. The weather always seems to be perfect for me. I used to do it very often in MTW though.
    Last edited by Marcellus; 07-24-2005 at 12:27.
    "Look I’ve got my old pledge card a bit battered and crumpled we said we’d provide more turches churches teachers and we have I can remember when people used to say the Japanese are better than us the Germans are better than us the French are better than us well it’s great to be able to say we’re better than them I think Mr Kennedy well we all congratulate on his baby and the Tories are you remembering what I’m remembering boom and bust negative equity remember Mr Howard I mean are you thinking what I’m thinking I’m remembering it’s all a bit wonky isn’t it?"

-Wise words from John Prescott

That´s because in Rome you fight mostly in nowadays holiday resorts
    When I conquered the northern parts, I had to wait for better weather sometimes, but the further down south I was, the less I had to wait.
    Of course, sometimes, when I was up against the Egyptians with their strong archers, I would have whished it to rain.

thanks everyone for your help :)

currently Gaul is feeling the wrath of the Julii

Don't worry, I don't exist Member King of Atlantis's Avatar

Your welcome,

and welcome to the org!