Thread: Idea for MP Campaign in Medieval environment

Default Idea for MP Campaign in Medieval environment

Recently we've got a lot of attempts for creation full-scale MP Campaign in Classic Shogun part of Forum, but then I realise - it would be more simple to do the same thing in Medieval environment. I past and copy my both messages from Shogun realm for explanation.

1-st message.
    I was recently lured by Drisos into ElMarkofFear tread. I was rather interested but... I've got some rather disappointing experience - I've got rather strong impression - like this project would never start in present form. Reason is - this idea isn't formalised enough.

Then I would like to ask some rather stupid noob question.
    1. Can we edit troops numbers in SP saves?
    2. Can we specify odd number of men for our troops in MP combats?

If anyone knows answers on these questions, then we can make ElMarkofFear-like campaign with human player battles.
    It is quite simple thing - each player send to GameMaster his moves and if two armies meets in some province - GameMaster notify both players about amount of meeting armies (like in game). If both players like to make battle - they came in MP Server in map of province in question with exact amount of troops, which were led to this battle. Then battle result (with all losses and honour promotions) must be sent to GameMaster, which edit next year save - accordingly all player moves and battle results. Period. Next season starts...

Annual harvesting can be calculated in the same method - Game Master will use some randomization method for receiving some number from 1 to 9.
    If he will get 1 - all players (including Rebels) will get -50% in koku harvesting (this number don't include non-harvestable input).
    If 2 or 3 - all players will get 25% of harvesting detriment.
    If - 4,5 or 6 - all players must receive normal harvest.
    If - 7 or 8 - all players will receive 25% bonus from harvesting.
    If 9 - all harvests increase in 50%.

Every season "Legendary Swordsman" event for any player will be checked.
    Probability of getting this event is derived from making 24 or 30-sides dice toss. Player in question will enjoy this event - if dice show number, which LESS then amount of battles which his clan led.
    It means - in case of 30-sided dice - if you led 4 battles you will get result if dice will show 1,2 or 3. And so on - as many battles occured for your faction as much probability for event rise up.

Game Master must invoke some sort of self-imposed penalties for players which make their Karma a bit worse, but breaking their Oathes, and so on...

Well, then initial question - do you know a method for numbers of men in unit editing? If - yes, let's start to brainstorm this problem.

2nd message

It would be quite simple thing - Game Master edit Scenario addind year in each iteration, starts game for each faction and send saves (not scenario raw-sheets) of each Faction to Faction leaders. Then Faction leaders send him their moves - make fightings in MP room on chosen charts with their Campaign armies and send results to Game Master.
    He changes scenario sheets according to all player simultaneous moves, do all randomization tasks (including - Vices and Virtues appointing to some personages these guys become to be Famous Leaders in special field in scenario list) then - next year starts.

Well, what do you think about it?

I will copy this idea into Medieval part of MP Campaign Forum, then if we will not find method to edit Shogun savesw - it seems like we can convert this thing into full-scale MP Medieval experience.

Well, what do you think about it? Yep, initial model must be reshaped a bit from Shogun terms to Medieval realities, but...
    Let's brainstorm this thing. :)

Default Re: Idea for MP Campaign in Medieval environment

Yes, it sounds very interesting, hadn't occured to me at all. I don't know exactly how much work is for a person to modify say 10 starting positions, plus what will be the case with the AI oppenents, or will it be solely human? (Pope should be a weird technicality).
    But I fear the load of work the Gamemaster will have, could be a hindrance. Ofcourse with a team things could go faster....
    [VDM]Alexandros
    -------------------------------------------
    DUX: a VI MP enhancement mod
    -Version 0.4 is out
    -Comments/Technical Problems are welcome here
    -New forum on upcoming DUX tourney and new site (under construction).

Sure thing - GameMaster task would be our bottleneck.
    But do you realize - all process of unit moving would be quite formalised.

It is quite simple thing to divide units to their factions in unit list in scenario root. Then you need only clip and paste these strings and send them to player. Player will continue received strings with new provinces number after semicolon (old province numbers must be left for Game Master reference).
    Game master would receive these edited strings back and change old numbers to new numbers. As simple as that! If this thing became to be adopted and all players will behave themselves in honourable manner - we can allow them to place new province numbers themselves, then GameMaster task will be diminished much more.
    We can cut and paste from original sheet proction queue - then players themselves can point new buildings in appropriate provinces - all GameMaster task would be - just compile and present results in game saves. (I would against to sending actial scenario sheets to players. Players must see only his part of chart - not whole picture.) As simple as that.

Yep, each faction would have human player. More then that - Rebel faction would have more players - if we will get excessive players in process, - in Viking scenario we would get different guys as King of Cantware and Nord Rebels leader in the same time - both of them have their definite capitals. Rebels wouldn't have access to any special troops - only to common units.

I would recommend to start from Campaign map for standart Viking scenario, because it has less players and shorter scenario sheets.
    When technology of this game would be checked and improved (I'm sure we will find a lot of bottlenecks) - we can advise this game technology to whole community. I'm sure a lot of MP guys would agree to new sort of experience.
    Strictly speaking this form of game would be formalization of queue of MP-battles with predefined and diminishing (in case of bloody losses) or raising (as result of sound economy decisions) - arrays of usable troops.
    No more - no less.

Well I've got next idea. If player wouldn't send his new move/update to intended moment and didn't appoynted his Vice-Roy of some sort we would decide -like he is happy with present day situation.
    Alas, enemy on battle-field wouldn't wait whole year, then ANY MP-player can present faction in question in battle-field. If this pretender would fail miserably - leader of this faction would put this MP-player in some sort of "hanged traitors" list and in another case of leader absence this "hanged" guy isn't able to fight for this leader-less faction. I'm sure a lot of MP-players will be ready to fight just one battle as "invited commander" for any faction.
    Yep, some sort of leader/kings would led their countries to utter economical disaster then nobody would be ready to led 500 Peasants into battle against 300 Joms Vikings, but it would be good idea to find out some quite inept leaders/Kings for community as well.
    If we will come onto mutual terms - this project can start pretty soon. Let's make trial runs of this thing till start of Autumn, for presenting in Autumn time - "full product/technology" for whole community usage.

Well, I'd say to start a small team of sorts to first research the technical questions, like the time needed for a map update each turn and how moves can be carried out simultaneously (the AI doesn't work like this btw), as in the case where Faction A has borders with Faction B and both attack each others province... many more questions will be raised surely.
    If the technical part shows good signs, then the organisatory one needs mostly enthusiasm and persons willing to spend some time. I guess in the end the bureaucratic procedures for running such a campaign will be perfected.

I also remember Tonka Toys working on a MP campaign system outside the frame of the in-game campaign workings, trying to get an interactive map where troop movements could be recorded and such (IIRC:)).
    [VDM]Alexandros
    -Version 0.4 is out

Well, I'm ready to be first volunteer as Game Master for first trial Run.

I will present all my doings in this tread for all people full understanding. Yep, it would means - all participitants will see all moves of their opponents and it is bad thing, but from other hand it would means they could spare money on spies. If participitants would be interested - then we will hide their movements and so on.

Let's determine rules:

You can make all things, which is allowed to player in one turn of SP Campaign. You must inform Game Master about it, of course.
    All provinces will get the same 100% level of taxing for simplification procedure while counting numbers. If and when procedure will be checked we maybe allow to change this basic level.
    All units will receive standart level of stats - 3 Acumen, 4 Piety, 5 Loyalty, 1 Dread, 1 Command (where it is applicable). Players must appoint all titels in their disposal in game start to all their units. Then some of units become to be "Provincial leader" units. Special titels like -"Chauncellor" and such can be granted only to "provincial Leader" unit (in other words commoner can't be Chauncellor, but "Earl of Dorset" - can).
    All Vices and Virtues will be divided in some equal groups with idea - the same guy can't be "adulterer" and "boy-lover" in the same moment- for example, "Thinker" can't be "Brain-Cracked" in the same time.
    Every year all Earls, King or Prince will take part in receiving some Vice and Virtue procedure - we will give 3 different VandV to all throng in random manner - it means only 3 random Earls/Princes/Kings will be affected. Player can't revoke once given titel - he must kill some really abominative figure in his court by some manner for titel freeing. Free titel can be given to any non-tituled unit with standard 3A,4P,5L,1D,1C (if allowed) stats.
    Any negotiations is allowed only between direct neighbors. Sides can reach any possible agreements.
    If sides share the same Faith - they can make Spiritual Oath to partner - if he will break some part of agreement he will suffer in "spiritual manner" - like all his leaders/units will lose 2Loyalty, all Harvests in his possession will drops in stated time period on stated number of percents and so on.
    Sides can pay to each other in money/land/unit/declaration of war on third party form of payment. In case of unit solding - sold unit must be transferred from realms seller to realms buyer in turn of bargain. In other case purchase isn't valid.
    It seems - like initial Rules is given. then - let's game begin.

We need player for each faction. For starting period some players can lead 2 different factions simultaneously, but any bargains will be forbidden between these factions as well as fighting engagements. As soon as new volunteer would appear he will be presented Faction without dedicated player.

In start period I'm ready to represent some faction and hold function of Game Master - later GameMaster mustn't be Faction Leader for obvious reasons. (I hope we can develop this thing to situation when 2 or more Campaigns will go simultaneously, then GameMaster of one campaign can be player in other campaign.)
    If players would wish it - they can create teams of some sort with one of them as King and other as C-in-C with emphasis of one guy onto strategical decisions and other guy in tactical fighting.

Well, let's start it. I propose Viking Campaign usage due to its smaller forms and less array of usable units, but if community will prefer I'm ready to run "Early Campaign" of vanilla version.

We need players now.

Please, post your claims to thrones of Viking era and in brackets - possible thrones in Early Campaign. First claimant will get his throne.

If you like to speed process a bit , please - you can make first move as well.

You can post your intended moves for chosen faction as well in manner:
    Province name: building project - cost.
    Province name: unit production - cost.
    Province name: unit name - neighboring destination province name. (If dest prov name will be in your opponent realm - THIS MEANS WAR).

In starting year we must appoint your titels to your Earls as well in form:
    Province name: unit name - Earl titel.

If you like you can make some sort of agreement with your neighbors as well. You must declare items of agreement in your post as well. Yep, it is quite weird thing to declare your hostile intentions against third parties, but... this feature will be visible only in trial run. Later...

OK. If we will got enough players - first turn of our game will start in Monday 25th of July. (Maybe we can start 2 Campaigns in the same moment - Vikings AND Early)

Rules of Engagement in case of Simultaneout Movement.

First of all - Attacker must decide if he like to attack or not after receiving
    standard battle information message.

In case if we've got two attackers I propose to define - "initiative check". Side which win this check will get upper hand in battle-field choosing.
    "initiative check" will be calculated by two methods: in case of combined attack like "two to one" meeting and in case of "one to one meeting".

For example.
    Spanish player has 2 stacks of units in Castille province - Cas0 and Cas1. Cas0 stack is attacking Cordoba province of Almohad player, Cas1 stack remains "to hold fort" in Castille.
    Spanish player has 2 stacks of units in Leon province - Leo0 and Leo1. Leo0 stack is attacking Cordoba province of Almohad player, Leo1 stack remains "to hold fort" in Leon.
    Almohad player has 2 stacks of units in Cordoba province - Alm0 and Alm1. Alm0 is attacking Spanish player in Castille province, Alm1 is staying in Cordoba.

In this case Almohad side will win "initiative check" in any situation. Spanish player has 2 stacks derived from different provinces - then we can imagine - like commanders of both stack must lose some amount of time for agreement on time-shedule for invasion. Almohad player has 2 stack for counting as well, but we can imagine like both commanders are in the same place then they come to mutual agreement faster.

Side which win "initiative check" will see assumed battle odds (like in pre-battle information screen) with next options:
    1. Attack enemy anyway (Alm0 will come into engagement in Castille region with Cas0 and Cas1 stacks).
    2. Defend province (Alm0 and Alm1 will meet Cas0 and Leo0 in Cordoba in defensive mode) - in other words it is the same situation like Almohad player don't make any move at all.
    3. Abandon province (self-explanatory)
    4. Retreat in the Castle (self-explanatory again).

If Almohad player wil choose 1 option, Spanish player will get two different messages:
    From Cordoba region he would be prompted by standard message about battling in next condition: Leo0 vs Alm1 (it means Cas0 was intercepted by Alm0 stack and will fight in Castille)

Almohad side will get first choosing about Castille battle-field from standard battlescreen message (Alm0 vs Cas0+Cas1). In case of Almohad retreat and Cordoba was abandoned by Alm1 unit overwhelmed by Leo0 unit - Alm0 stack would be lost (completely destroyed) without engagement if Cordoba was only place for Almo retreat.
    As variant - Alm0 commander can't retreat from this battle in this case - for simplicity.
    Spanish side must recognize one subtle idea - Cas0 stack is... ehm... ambushed while movement then if Cas1 stack would retreat - Cas0 must fight with Alm0 stack in Castille - anyway.
    As variant Cas0+Cas1 commander must start defensive battle in Castille against Alm0 stack - anyway - for simplicity purposes.

In case of "one to one" battle we will get another method.
    All units in stack can be divided onto 3 categories:
    1. Mounted
    2. Infantry
    3. Artillery

Side, which has units of lesser categories will win initiative check.
    All-mounted Army will win check from any non all-mounted army.
    Army with Arty inclusion will lose check to any Army without Arty.

In case of - categories of both armies are the same - lesser Army will win check (lesser Army is more manageable).

and so on.

------------------------------------------------
    ------------------------------------------------

Well if somebody will have any interest, please name your secondary faction as well. Like - "I'd like to play in Viking scenario as Saxon (and secondary - Picts for a while) faction. I'd like to give next orders for my Saxons (bla-bla-bla) If I must to lead Picts as well - I want to order for Picts (bla-bla-bla)".
    Initial input will be stopped in 23.59 of Greenwich time of 25th of July.

After this moment I will make all necessary (and as reasonable as possible) moves for any missing factions myself, post here turn results, then your input for next turn will be started.

Let me see if I 've understood so far.

Can we recap what initial files you'' be changing for the start of each turn? It 'll work with updating a single era's starting year right? So the GM will have to change each turn things like A. starting year (as turns pass by), B. starting provinces (as provinces get lost and conquered), C. starting buildings (buildings created/destroyed for each turn), D. starting armies and their position (GM will have to modify their whole range of stats and placement,not barring unseen ones like discipline, prolly the hardest work), E. starting stats for generals (now there is a prob here at battle resolution, as you can't upgrade a general's stars-always 0-, and you can use only v0-4, wpn1-3, amr 1-3 units with the standard stats, so a unit coming from a province with mrl+2,dicpl+1 can't be depicted in mo).
    If a lot of paperwork and additional rules are added along the way then it'll be hard for all to maintain such a degree of commitment to the campaign. Also if you think you got it worked out fine, then you may want to contact Tomi-sama, organiser of the CWC tourneys, who could help you at finding players through the clan emissaries.
    [VDM]Alexandros
    -Version 0.4 is out

Quote Originally Posted by L'Impresario
    Let me see if I 've understood so far.

Can we recap what initial files you'' be changing for the start of each turn? It 'll work with updating a single era's starting year right? So the GM will have to change each turn things like A. starting year (as turns pass by), B. starting provinces (as provinces get lost and conquered), C. starting buildings (buildings created/destroyed for each turn), D. starting armies and their position (GM will have to modify their whole range of stats and placement,not barring unseen ones like discipline, prolly the hardest work), E. starting stats for generals (now there is a prob here at battle resolution, as you can't upgrade a general's stars-always 0-, and you can use only v0-4, wpn1-3, amr 1-3 units with the standard stats, so a unit coming from a province with mrl+2,dicpl+1 can't be depicted in mo).
    If a lot of paperwork and additional rules are added along the way then it'll be hard for all to maintain such a degree of commitment to the campaign. Also if you think you got it worked out fine, then you may want to contact Tomi-sama, organiser of the CWC tourneys, who could help you at finding players through the clan emissaries.
    Yep, you understand it - quite right.

We will take out viking.txt file from ...\campmap\starpos\ and will modify:

A)
    //========================================
    //Start Date and Period
    //The year in which this campaign will
    //begin and the time-period in which this
    //campaign is set.The year can be any date
    //and the period can be EARLY, HIGH or LATE

SetStartDate:: 793
    SetPeriod:: EARLY
    SetEarlyPeriodStartDate:: 793
    SetHighPeriodStartDate:: 1205
    SetLatePeriodStartDate:: 1321

// And the games End date..
    SetGameEndDate:: 1066

SetStartDate:: New Year

B)
    //====================== ==================
    //Starting Treasury
    //Sets the amount of cash available to
    //each faction at the start of the game.
    //you can specify 4 values for the four
    //difficulty levels in the order EASY,
    //NORMAL, HARD and EXPERT. Specify only one
    //value to start all difficulty levels with
    //the same size treasury.
    //If you don't set this, the default
    //is 2000 florins for all difficulty levels.

SetTreasury:: FN_01 8000 6000 4000 2000 // Irish
    SetTreasury:: FN_02 8000 6000 4000 2000 // Mercians
    SetTreasury:: FN_03 8000 6000 4000 2000 // Northumbrians
    SetTreasury:: FN_04 8000 6000 4000 2000 // Picts
    SetTreasury:: FN_05 8000 6000 4000 2000 // Saxons
    SetTreasury:: FN_06 8000 6000 4000 2000 // Scots
    SetTreasury:: FN_07 8000 6000 4000 2000 // Vikings
    SetTreasury:: FN_08 8000 6000 4000 2000 // Welsh

SetTreasury:: FN_0X New Coffer state

C)

//Region Owners
    //How the regions are divided up. Specify
    //an owner, or control is given over to
    //rebels by default
    //NOTE: Sea regions shouldn't be owned.

//major faction lands
    //===================

SetRegionOwner:: ID_LANDREG_01 FN_04
    SetRegionOwner:: ID_LANDREG_02 FN_04
    SetRegionOwner:: ID_LANDREG_03 FN_04
    SetRegionOwner:: ID_LANDREG_04 FN_04
    SetRegionOwner:: ID_LANDREG_05 FN_06
    SetRegionOwner:: ID_LANDREG_06 FN_04
    SetRegionOwner:: ID_LANDREG_07 FN_04
    SetRegionOwner:: ID_LANDREG_08 FN_06
    SetRegionOwner:: ID_LANDREG_09 FN_04
    SetRegionOwner:: ID_LANDREG_10 FN_06
    //SetRegionOwner:: ID_LANDREG_11 FN_00
    SetRegionOwner:: ID_LANDREG_12 FN_03
    SetRegionOwner:: ID_LANDREG_13 FN_03
    SetRegionOwner:: ID_LANDREG_14 FN_03
    SetRegionOwner:: ID_LANDREG_15 FN_03
    SetRegionOwner:: ID_LANDREG_16 FN_03
    SetRegionOwner:: ID_LANDREG_17 FN_03
    //SetRegionOwner:: ID_LANDREG_18 FN_00
    SetRegionOwner:: ID_LANDREG_19 FN_08
    SetRegionOwner:: ID_LANDREG_20 FN_02
    SetRegionOwner:: ID_LANDREG_21 FN_02
    SetRegionOwner:: ID_LANDREG_22 FN_02
    SetRegionOwner:: ID_LANDREG_23 FN_08
    SetRegionOwner:: ID_LANDREG_24 FN_02
    //SetRegionOwner:: ID_LANDREG_25 FN_00
    SetRegionOwner:: ID_LANDREG_26 FN_08
    SetRegionOwner:: ID_LANDREG_27 FN_02
    SetRegionOwner:: ID_LANDREG_28 FN_02
    //SetRegionOwner:: ID_LANDREG_29 FN_00
    SetRegionOwner:: ID_LANDREG_30 FN_08
    SetRegionOwner:: ID_LANDREG_31 FN_05
    SetRegionOwner:: ID_LANDREG_32 FN_05
    SetRegionOwner:: ID_LANDREG_33 FN_05
    //SetRegionOwner:: ID_LANDREG_34 FN_00
    SetRegionOwner:: ID_LANDREG_35 FN_05
    //SetRegionOwner:: ID_LANDREG_36 FN_00
    //SetRegionOwner:: ID_LANDREG_37 FN_00
    //SetRegionOwner:: ID_LANDREG_38 FN_00
    SetRegionOwner:: ID_LANDREG_39 FN_06
    //SetRegionOwner:: ID_LANDREG_40 FN_00
    SetRegionOwner:: ID_LANDREG_41 FN_01
    SetRegionOwner:: ID_LANDREG_42 FN_07
    SetRegionOwner:: ID_LANDREG_43 FN_07
    //SetRegionOwner:: ID_LANDREG_44 FN_00
    SetRegionOwner:: ID_LANDREG_45 FN_01

SetRegionOwner:: ID_LANDREG_YZ FN_0X

D)
    //Place Faction Leaders
    //Place the Leader of each active faction
    //in a country.
    //If the leader of an active faction is
    //not placed, that faction will die out
    //immediately after the first turn is made
    //the number after the faction list which
    //famous king will be the king you start with
    //second number list how many entries will
    //be read in next, those number ties in with
    //the hero names file, it shows how many
    //kings of each name there have been before
    //start of this game

SetStartLeader:: FN_01 0 8 1 4 0 2 0 0 0 0
    SetStartLeader:: FN_02 0 1 1 // all 12 are 0's
    SetStartLeader:: FN_03 0 6 1 0 1 0 0 1
    SetStartLeader:: FN_04 0 8 1 5 7 0 2 4 0 1
    SetStartLeader:: FN_05 0 1 1
    SetStartLeader:: FN_06 0 8 3 1 1 1 2 0 0 2
    SetStartLeader:: FN_07 0 7 1 0 0 0 0 0 1
    SetStartLeader:: FN_08 0 6 1 0 0 1 0 2

PlaceLeader:: ID_LANDREG_41 FN_01
    PlaceLeader:: ID_LANDREG_21 FN_02
    PlaceLeader:: ID_LANDREG_15 FN_03
    PlaceLeader:: ID_LANDREG_07 FN_04
    PlaceLeader:: ID_LANDREG_33 FN_05
    PlaceLeader:: ID_LANDREG_08 FN_06
    PlaceLeader:: ID_LANDREG_42 FN_07
    PlaceLeader:: ID_LANDREG_23 FN_08

PlaceLeader:: ID_LANDREG_YZ FN_0X

Not sure about - if we would need Heir implementation. We can make an agreement - like all Kings in Strat part are indestructible or such

E)
    //============================================================================
    // Adding ANY building MUST be done after the regions ATTRIBUTES have been set.
    //============================================================================
    //Buildings
    //place buildings in each country.
    //Buildings become controlled by the
    //faction controlling the region.
    ////MakeBuilding:: ID_NORTH_UMBRIA CASTLE2

// Irish capital
    MakeBuilding:: ID_LANDREG_45 CASTLE3
    MakeBuilding:: ID_LANDREG_45 BLACKSMITH
    MakeBuilding:: ID_LANDREG_45 ROYAL_PALACE2
    MakeBuilding:: ID_LANDREG_45 CHURCH2
    MakeBuilding:: ID_LANDREG_45 MUSTER_FIELD
    // Mercia
    MakeBuilding:: ID_LANDREG_21 CASTLE3
    MakeBuilding:: ID_LANDREG_21 BLACKSMITH
    MakeBuilding:: ID_LANDREG_21 BOWYER
    MakeBuilding:: ID_LANDREG_21 ROYAL_PALACE2
    MakeBuilding:: ID_LANDREG_21 CHURCH2
    MakeBuilding:: ID_LANDREG_21 MUSTER_FIELD
    // Northumbrian capital
    MakeBuilding:: ID_LANDREG_15 CASTLE3
    MakeBuilding:: ID_LANDREG_15 BLACKSMITH
    MakeBuilding:: ID_LANDREG_15 BOWYER
    MakeBuilding:: ID_LANDREG_15 ROYAL_PALACE2
    MakeBuilding:: ID_LANDREG_15 CHURCH2
    MakeBuilding:: ID_LANDREG_15 MUSTER_FIELD
    //Pictish capital
    MakeBuilding:: ID_LANDREG_07 CASTLE3
    MakeBuilding:: ID_LANDREG_07 BLACKSMITH
    MakeBuilding:: ID_LANDREG_07 BOWYER
    MakeBuilding:: ID_LANDREG_07 ROYAL_PALACE2
    MakeBuilding:: ID_LANDREG_07 CHURCH2
    MakeBuilding:: ID_LANDREG_07 MUSTER_FIELD
    //Wessex capital
    MakeBuilding:: ID_LANDREG_33 CASTLE3
    MakeBuilding:: ID_LANDREG_33 BLACKSMITH
    MakeBuilding:: ID_LANDREG_33 BOWYER
    MakeBuilding:: ID_LANDREG_33 ROYAL_PALACE2
    MakeBuilding:: ID_LANDREG_33 CHURCH2
    MakeBuilding:: ID_LANDREG_33 MUSTER_FIELD
    //Scotts capital
    MakeBuilding:: ID_LANDREG_08 CASTLE3
    MakeBuilding:: ID_LANDREG_08 BLACKSMITH
    MakeBuilding:: ID_LANDREG_08 BOWYER
    MakeBuilding:: ID_LANDREG_08 ROYAL_PALACE2
    MakeBuilding:: ID_LANDREG_08 CHURCH2
    MakeBuilding:: ID_LANDREG_08 MUSTER_FIELD
    // vikings capital
    MakeBuilding:: ID_LANDREG_42 CASTLE3
    MakeBuilding:: ID_LANDREG_42 BLACKSMITH
    MakeBuilding:: ID_LANDREG_42 BOWYER
    MakeBuilding:: ID_LANDREG_42 ROYAL_PALACE2
    ////MakeBuilding:: ID_LANDREG_42 CHURCH2
    MakeBuilding:: ID_LANDREG_42 PORT
    MakeBuilding:: ID_LANDREG_42 MUSTER_FIELD
    MakeBuilding:: ID_LANDREG_43 PORT

// Welsh capital
    MakeBuilding:: ID_LANDREG_23 CASTLE3
    MakeBuilding:: ID_LANDREG_23 BLACKSMITH
    MakeBuilding:: ID_LANDREG_23 BOWYER
    MakeBuilding:: ID_LANDREG_23 ROYAL_PALACE2
    MakeBuilding:: ID_LANDREG_23 CHURCH2
    MakeBuilding:: ID_LANDREG_23 MUSTER_FIELD

// Basic Farmland

MakeBuilding:: ID_LANDREG_09 IMPROVED_FARMLAND2
    MakeBuilding:: ID_LANDREG_10 IMPROVED_FARMLAND2
    MakeBuilding:: ID_LANDREG_15 IMPROVED_FARMLAND
    MakeBuilding:: ID_LANDREG_16 IMPROVED_FARMLAND
    MakeBuilding:: ID_LANDREG_17 IMPROVED_FARMLAND
    MakeBuilding:: ID_LANDREG_18 IMPROVED_FARMLAND2
    MakeBuilding:: ID_LANDREG_20 IMPROVED_FARMLAND
    MakeBuilding:: ID_LANDREG_21 IMPROVED_FARMLAND2
    MakeBuilding:: ID_LANDREG_22 IMPROVED_FARMLAND
    MakeBuilding:: ID_LANDREG_24 IMPROVED_FARMLAND2
    MakeBuilding:: ID_LANDREG_25 IMPROVED_FARMLAND2
    MakeBuilding:: ID_LANDREG_27 IMPROVED_FARMLAND2
    MakeBuilding:: ID_LANDREG_28 IMPROVED_FARMLAND
    MakeBuilding:: ID_LANDREG_29 IMPROVED_FARMLAND2
    MakeBuilding:: ID_LANDREG_30 IMPROVED_FARMLAND
    MakeBuilding:: ID_LANDREG_31 IMPROVED_FARMLAND
    MakeBuilding:: ID_LANDREG_32 IMPROVED_FARMLAND2
    MakeBuilding:: ID_LANDREG_33 IMPROVED_FARMLAND2
    MakeBuilding:: ID_LANDREG_34 IMPROVED_FARMLAND2
    MakeBuilding:: ID_LANDREG_35 IMPROVED_FARMLAND2
    MakeBuilding:: ID_LANDREG_36 IMPROVED_FARMLAND2
    MakeBuilding:: ID_LANDREG_37 IMPROVED_FARMLAND2
    MakeBuilding:: ID_LANDREG_39 IMPROVED_FARMLAND2
    MakeBuilding:: ID_LANDREG_41 IMPROVED_FARMLAND2
    MakeBuilding:: ID_LANDREG_44 IMPROVED_FARMLAND2
    MakeBuilding:: ID_LANDREG_45 IMPROVED_FARMLAND2

// Monasteries
    MakeBuilding:: ID_LANDREG_12 ABBEY
    MakeBuilding:: ID_LANDREG_17 ABBEY
    MakeBuilding:: ID_LANDREG_29 ABBEY
    MakeBuilding:: ID_LANDREG_37 ABBEY
    MakeBuilding:: ID_LANDREG_30 ABBEY
    MakeBuilding:: ID_LANDREG_31 ABBEY
    MakeBuilding:: ID_LANDREG_41 ABBEY
    MakeBuilding:: ID_LANDREG_25 ABBEY
    MakeBuilding:: ID_LANDREG_19 ABBEY
    MakeBuilding:: ID_LANDREG_11 ABBEY
    MakeBuilding:: ID_LANDREG_05 ABBEY
    MakeBuilding:: ID_LANDREG_03 ABBEY
    MakeBuilding:: ID_LANDREG_38 ABBEY
    MakeBuilding:: ID_LANDREG_40 ABBEY
    MakeBuilding:: ID_LANDREG_01 ABBEY
    MakeBuilding:: ID_LANDREG_44 ABBEY
    MakeBuilding:: ID_LANDREG_02 ABBEY
    MakeBuilding:: ID_LANDREG_45 ABBEY

// Initial Ports - These attract raiders

MakeBuilding:: ID_LANDREG_44 PORT
    MakeBuilding:: ID_LANDREG_02 PORT
    MakeBuilding:: ID_LANDREG_03 PORT
    MakeBuilding:: ID_LANDREG_09 PORT
    MakeBuilding:: ID_LANDREG_05 PORT

// Rebels
    MakeBuilding:: ID_LANDREG_11 CASTLE4
    MakeBuilding:: ID_LANDREG_11 BLACKSMITH2
    MakeBuilding:: ID_LANDREG_11 BOWYER2
    MakeBuilding:: ID_LANDREG_11 MUSTER_FIELD

MakeBuilding:: ID_LANDREG_YZ New Building

F)
    //Create Unit
    //Create a unit in a specified region
    //The Faction that controls that region
    //then controls the army.
    //region, unit type, number of men, number of kills
    // MakeUnit:: ID_LANDREG_38 NapthaThrowers 12
    // Irish

MakeUnit:: ID_LANDREG_01 HighlandClansman 60
    MakeUnit:: ID_LANDREG_02 CelticWarriors 100
    MakeUnit:: ID_LANDREG_03 CelticWarriors 100
    MakeUnit:: ID_LANDREG_04 Archers 60
    MakeUnit:: ID_LANDREG_05 HighlandClansman 60
    MakeUnit:: ID_LANDREG_06 CelticWarriors 100
    MakeUnit:: ID_LANDREG_06 Archers 60
    MakeUnit:: ID_LANDREG_07 CelticWarriors 100 2
    MakeUnit:: ID_LANDREG_08 HighlandClansman 60 2
    MakeUnit:: ID_LANDREG_09 RoundShieldSpearmen 100
    MakeUnit:: ID_LANDREG_10 HighlandClansman 60
    MakeUnit:: ID_LANDREG_10 Archers 60
    MakeUnit:: ID_LANDREG_11 ArmouredSpearmen 100 2
    MakeUnit:: ID_LANDREG_11 Archers 60 2
    MakeUnit:: ID_LANDREG_11 DarkAgeKnights 20 2
    MakeUnit:: ID_LANDREG_12 Archers 60
    MakeUnit:: ID_LANDREG_12 Peasants 100
    MakeUnit:: ID_LANDREG_13 Woodsman 60
    MakeUnit:: ID_LANDREG_14 Woodsman 60
    MakeUnit:: ID_LANDREG_15 Woodsman 60
    MakeUnit:: ID_LANDREG_15 Peasants 100
    MakeUnit:: ID_LANDREG_16 Archers 60
    MakeUnit:: ID_LANDREG_16 RoundShieldSpearmen 100
    MakeUnit:: ID_LANDREG_17 Peasants 100
    MakeUnit:: ID_LANDREG_18 CelticWarriors 100
    MakeUnit:: ID_LANDREG_18 Archers 60 2
    MakeUnit:: ID_LANDREG_19 CelticWarriors 100
    MakeUnit:: ID_LANDREG_20 Fyrdmen 100
    MakeUnit:: ID_LANDREG_21 Fyrdmen 100
    MakeUnit:: ID_LANDREG_21 Archers 60
    MakeUnit:: ID_LANDREG_21 RoundShieldSpearmen 100
    MakeUnit:: ID_LANDREG_22 Fyrdmen 100
    MakeUnit:: ID_LANDREG_23 CelticWarriors 100
    MakeUnit:: ID_LANDREG_23 Archers 60
    MakeUnit:: ID_LANDREG_23 Archers 60
    MakeUnit:: ID_LANDREG_24 Fyrdmen 100
    MakeUnit:: ID_LANDREG_25 CelticWarriors 100
    MakeUnit:: ID_LANDREG_25 Archers 60 2
    MakeUnit:: ID_LANDREG_25 Archers 60 2
    MakeUnit:: ID_LANDREG_26 Archers 60
    MakeUnit:: ID_LANDREG_26 Archers 60
    MakeUnit:: ID_LANDREG_27 Fyrdmen 100
    MakeUnit:: ID_LANDREG_28 Fyrdmen 100
    MakeUnit:: ID_LANDREG_29 RoundShieldSpearmen 100
    MakeUnit:: ID_LANDREG_29 Archers 60
    MakeUnit:: ID_LANDREG_29 DarkAgeKnights 20 2
    MakeUnit:: ID_LANDREG_30 CelticWarriors 100
    MakeUnit:: ID_LANDREG_30 Archers 60
    MakeUnit:: ID_LANDREG_30 Peasants 100 2
    MakeUnit:: ID_LANDREG_31 Peasants 100
    MakeUnit:: ID_LANDREG_32 Fyrdmen 100
    MakeUnit:: ID_LANDREG_33 Fyrdmen 100
    MakeUnit:: ID_LANDREG_34 Fyrdmen 100
    MakeUnit:: ID_LANDREG_34 Archers 60
    MakeUnit:: ID_LANDREG_34 Peasants 100
    MakeUnit:: ID_LANDREG_35 Fyrdmen 100
    MakeUnit:: ID_LANDREG_36 Saxonhuscarles 30
    MakeUnit:: ID_LANDREG_37 Saxonhuscarles 30
    MakeUnit:: ID_LANDREG_37 Fyrdmen 100
    MakeUnit:: ID_LANDREG_37 Archers 60
    MakeUnit:: ID_LANDREG_38 Kern 60
    MakeUnit:: ID_LANDREG_39 RoundShieldSpearmen 100
    MakeUnit:: ID_LANDREG_39 Archers 60
    MakeUnit:: ID_LANDREG_40 Kern 60
    MakeUnit:: ID_LANDREG_41 Kern 60
    MakeUnit:: ID_LANDREG_41 IrishDartmen 60
    MakeUnit:: ID_LANDREG_42 VikingLandsmenn 60
    MakeUnit:: ID_LANDREG_42 VikingLandsmenn 60
    MakeUnit:: ID_LANDREG_42 VikingKarls 60
    MakeUnit:: ID_LANDREG_42 VikingThralls 100
    MakeUnit:: ID_LANDREG_42 VikingThralls 100
    MakeUnit:: ID_LANDREG_42 Snekkja 1

MakeUnit:: ID_LANDREG_43 VikingLandsmenn 60
    MakeUnit:: ID_LANDREG_43 VikingLandsmenn 60
    MakeUnit:: ID_LANDREG_43 VikingKarls 60
    MakeUnit:: ID_LANDREG_43 VikingThralls 100
    MakeUnit:: ID_LANDREG_43 VikingThralls 100
    MakeUnit:: ID_LANDREG_43 Snekkja 1

MakeUnit:: ID_LANDREG_44 RoundShieldSpearmen 100
    MakeUnit:: ID_LANDREG_44 Archers 60
    MakeUnit:: ID_LANDREG_44 Peasants 100 2
    MakeUnit:: ID_LANDREG_45 Kern 60 2
    MakeUnit:: ID_LANDREG_45 Kern 60 2
    MakeUnit:: ID_LANDREG_45 IrishDartmen 60

//agents
    //------
    //agents are different. They are single units, and so there is no need to specify
    //their unit size. Instead, the number after the agent type denotes the agent's birth year.

//MakeUnit:: ID_CASTILE Emissary 1074

MakeUnit:: ID_LANDREG_41 Bishop 930
    MakeUnit:: ID_LANDREG_21 Bishop 930
    MakeUnit:: ID_LANDREG_15 Bishop 930
    MakeUnit:: ID_LANDREG_07 Bishop 930
    MakeUnit:: ID_LANDREG_33 Bishop 930
    MakeUnit:: ID_LANDREG_08 Bishop 930

MakeUnit:: ID_LANDREG_YZ Kern Amount Level //Kills,Def,Att, - all necessary info, because you mustn't use it in Strat part ;)

Thats all!

It seems like - I'd prefer to start first MP Campaign in Shogun environment. All counting is more simple + it isn't difference, because Medieval MP must use as Fake Server thing as Shogun MP.
    I thought Medieval MP fans still can use usual feature, but alas - there isn't any advantage in Medieval environment now, but disadvantages are numerous.

In any case - if you like to take part in this sort of Campaign - feel free to PM me or go into MP part of Shogun Forum, it seems like we are able to this thing there.

The hair proves it... Senior Member EatYerGreens's Avatar

When countries went to war with one another in medieval times, there were no 'frontlines'. They would each leave token garrisons for home defence, assemble a single army as large as practical, maneuvre towards one another for many miles and often settle the whole thing with one big battle. More usually, a series of battles but hopefully you see my point.

There are artificial restrictions in the campaign game which you need not be bound by - such as army units only moving one province per year, whereas that amount of time is more than enough to march from one end of Europe to the other. You can take it as read that garrisons exist and, should two factions both attack a third in the same year, the defender must decide how many men he can send to each battle.

Or you could ask factions to declare an intended date of attack in advance. If faction A says 'we attack faction C in May' and faction B says 'we attack faction C in August' then C can fight two distinct battles with his full muster in May and the survivors of that battle in August. He might win the first but lose the second due to his losses.

So wars are declared, whole faction armies meet. Having established who has military superiority, diplomatic negotiations would follow over control of territory. Each faction's overall army strength determines the radius of their 'sphere of influence' but the nitty-gritty detail of where the borders lie (i.e. who controls which province where the overlaps occur) has to be settled by negotiation. This could be an interesting element to a multiplayer campaign, using email, forums or instant messenger programs to communicate.

That's the preamble, now the meat.

Why struggle with the technicalities of getting the campaign software to work as you wish it to work, when all you're really doing is record-keeping? Who owns what lands? Who built what buildings? Who trained which troops? What income and expenditure does a faction have and how much is in the bank?

You could do all that in a spreadsheet! Much less work for the gamemaster.

For those that still need a visual representation of what's going on, just turn the game's map graphic into a file format which can be printed out and use whatever you want to mark who owns what lands and so on.

The really hard part is that MP battles can only be fought out with full-strength units. If you've been keeping track of every unit type trained and the numbers of each type, then you need to also track the damage suffered by every unit in every battle. That's an awful lot of work for someone.

Then, once it's done, you can merge broken units but what to do with the 'leftovers'. If you round up, you give a faction fresh troops for free and if you round down, you're penalising them. How is that going to be handled?

It's an interesting idea you have here but why make work for yourself? The limitations built into the game are there to make it manageable and playable for both the player and the AI but I see no reason why you should restrict yourself by attempting to follow them. You don't want any AI interference, do you?

Make up your own rules for how, where, when armies meet and fight and how territory control is established as a consequence. Find a low-tech method of record-keeping which you can use straight away, rather than a high-tech one which may take months to get working acceptably.

EYG