Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Genpei Historical

Ive very liked Terazawa Genpei war mod ( great work ! ) but i want to make a very realistic one (ive already started ) , since the campaign isnt multiplayer i think there is no need to balance the clans and that would make the "what if " questions more interesting ( so it would be very hard to play with Fujiwara for example ) .
    In the last months ive gathered some infos about army deployments and province owners , who will like to help me please contact me at icq 6091136 , thanks for the reading !

Hey Franz

Thanks, I added you to my ICQ

------------------
    Proud member of Clan Kenchikuka.
    evil is within us...

This will not be only a campaign scenario but a complete mod in some ways , regarding changes in graphic too , one thing i want to change are the ugly regions images ( they dont reward the player that have conquered a new land ) i will substitute them with real region photos and the search for the classic seminaked princess ( ok this is very kiddish but i like to reward winners in some ways ! )
    That will not remove anything from the rigorous historical precision of the scenario setup ( for what we can know ...)

at this links you will find 3 preview shoots regarding the substitution of the province preview image , i think they work pretty well ... someone can blame that now hes unable to see a preview of the battlefield but anyway when a general was entering a province he wasnt able to know where exaclty he had to fight !!
    I think that a photo 'personalize' more that province and you care more about them ( now someone can blame the fact that he always win the game in a day ... but i can assure him that in the Genpei mod some clans are really difficult to play ... you will be happy to have won 2 provinces in 50 years ... )
    http://w1.480.telia.com/~u48019550/host/Genpeimod1.jpg http://w1.480.telia.com/~u48019550/host/Genpeimod2.jpg http://w1.480.telia.com/~u48019550/host/Genpeimod3.jpg

thanks to a little friend that host these images

Toda Nebuchadnezzar

Those are some nice pics mate. BUt if u can try not to change the descriptions below it because new players may not know if it is a hilly or flat map.

But very nice so far.

------------------
    He is the Messiah
    No i'm not the Messiah
    Only the true Messiah would deny it.
    Alright then I am the Messiah.
    HE IS THE MESSIAH HOORAY!!!

Those are great Franz...superb, we can really make new FULLY customised campaigns...

------------------
    Proud member of Clan Kenchikuka.
    evil is within us...

I dunno if u guys would be interested, but as an extension of my Mod work I have been working on stats for the Mongols and the Mongol-era Japanese. Don't know how similar these would be to Gempei-era, tho.

Matt

------------------
    !KABOOM! -- The Thunderbomber Creed

well any help is appreciated my icq is 6091136 , all provinces images are about 6 mb so the complete mod download will be around 9 mb i think , i need help in renaming generals and some other clans related things and of course the .exe to install and uninstall the mod like Terazawa did.
    I deeply want to change units characteristics too , we will see .

Yorkist Senior Member NagatsukaShumi's Avatar

Looking great Frantz, if only i knew where the hell the province images were then, or maybe they are just in the maps folder, maybe thats where the pictures are taken from, but anyway, look absolutely great, it will help revitalize the community I hope.

But has anyone noticed something, Sengoku Jidai started in 1477 (Or so says the document you receive with the game) and in the game it is started in 1530?

Note, it may have said that the setup for it was in 1477, not that I can really remember

[This message has been edited by NagatsukaShumi (edited 04-13-2002).]
    RIP TosaInu
    Ja Mata

the images of the provinces are in the shogun/battle/maps directory , almost all the graphic is customizable ( and surely i will change all the graphic regarding the clans ) , i think the messages screens are pretty weird too so if the patch will not be too big i will change them too .
    Another thing that can be changed if i receive permission from Cinemaware is the using of the music from the old Amiga game " lords of the rising sun " that had a fantastic soundtrack ...

Heh, the music aye......I had fun changing that about. In my battle I had It's such a beautiful day lol Of coarse it suited the pile of dead bodies did it not.......lol
    RIP TosaInu
    Ja Mata

Toda Nebuchadnezzar

mmm could get some good music going then. Never thought of that actually thanx for the tip.

------------------
    He is the Messiah
    No i'm not the Messiah
    Only the true Messiah would deny it.
    Alright then I am the Messiah.
    HE IS THE MESSIAH HOORAY!!!

While adding new graphic ( including a new end mpg ) im testing the campaign and the new 2 clans added ( Satake and Oba ) well in 10 years all daymos were dead ... thats a problem that must be addressed .

now im changing some .bif files ... ive some problems regarding generals and daymo names , someone can help ?
    im at 70% of the work

Nur-ad-Din Forum Administrator TosaInu's Avatar

Konnichiwa,

Any (?) text used by the game is dictated by files in loc/eng (english version).

I presume you're using the BIFeditor? There's also GFX2 to edit the special format LBM files: http://www.totalwar.org/maps/Tools.shtml.

------------------
    Ja mata
    Toda MizuTosaInu
    Daimyo Takiyama Shi

http://www.takiyama.cjb.net
    Ja mata

TosaInu

a ZIP of 6mb to test a preview of the mod is ready , who want to try it contact me with ICQ

Frantz, I wanna test it. I don't have ICQ though. please mail me at samandshirley@splaxton.fsnet.co.uk

(Of coarse don't if I find your e-mail from the peice of paper I have)

------------------
    Nagatsuka Shumi, Some time in the Foyer-"Free Prostitutes? I don't see how that works"
    RIP TosaInu
    Ja Mata

Good luck to you mate but there has been some discussion of trying to make a 'very realistic' Genpei era mod on the official Shogun site going back months ago. No-one could find ways of overcoming the serious barriers to properly simulating a Genpei campaign because too many significant features are hard-coded.

For instance:
    1) Setting up heirs in the 12th Century. In Terazawa's campaign, once a daimyo was killed that was the end of the clan.

2) Strategic and Battlefield units like Geisha and Ninja assassins, Battlefield Ninja, yari units etc are entirely out of place in the 12th Century (some are pretty far-fetched for the 16th too...) Perhaps the tactical units could be modded, but not the strategic ones yet.

3) Large Fortresses and Citadels didn't exist in the early period. If it were possible to limit the 'tech level' to the first two castles then it would be a start.

4) Genpei clans didn't 'own' whole provinces in the same way as Sengoku-Daimyo (with the possible exception of the Northern Fujiwara and Taira at the start of Genpei). Even powerful clans were relatively small. Their 'base' would be a fortified town/village and the surrounding area.

5) The Taira are pretty handicapped without their battle fleet and naval prowess.

Of course the best way of simulating Genpei would be some sort of meta-campaign with an umpire, hex-map showing internal province modelling, rules and the STW system used just for the tactical battles...

I have a great book that shows the location of dozens of Genpei clans, large and small - 'Cultural Atlas of Japan' by Collcutt, Jansen and Kumakura, ISBN 0-7148-2526-3

BTW, the semi-naked princess comment was a dead giveaway that you'd played the old 'Lords...' Amiga game A very wonderful game actually...if not very true to history in many respects

All the best

http://www.cinemaware.com/lordsremaster_main.asp

I guess they are re-releasing Lords.

[This message has been edited by sbreden (edited 04-24-2002).]

yes my tribute to lords of rising sun is more than abvious and i hope to put in the original soundtrack too .
    Well my scenario work in that way : You have to win fast , you have to get power before you die , or in battle or by natural events , your death can be the end of the clan if you havent got the power in time ... you can be sure that the campaign will last more than 15 years so you have to strike the enemies , beat them even in desperate battles ( even if having good resources will help ) , the clans start with pretty big armies so you can strike ( or be striked ) immediately ... there is really no time to develop ninjas and geishas .
    As Minamoto story show every member fought more for himself than the clan power and we can agree that the real winner was the Hojo clan ( the last surviror ) ,
    PS there will be the very hot princess at the end i promise !!

There will be hot women? Why wasn't i informed!?

------------------
    Give me your heart, and I'll break it.
    Give me your virginity and I'll lose it.
    Give me your money, and I'll keep it.
    RIP TosaInu
    Ja Mata

They dont want us looking at hot women apparently Nagatsuka.....

------------------
    Chin mune raivu kaneire sono shuuryou

Im working im working ... graphic is fnished ( the only thing unchanged regarding symbols are the very big ones in the daymo selection screens i hope you will understand that !! )
    .txt all changed ... final MPG done ... datas ok ... i need only to test the canpaign and find someone that put everything in an .exe file ....

If the campaign lasts for long enough she'll cool off

Never laugh at the old when they offer counsel,
    Often their words are wise:
    From shriveled skin, from scraggy things

That hand among the hides
    And move amid the guts,
    Clear words often come.

http://asatru.org/havamal.html

Oh oh! Can i test it too? and I'd suggest either asking Tosa Inu about the .exe prob or sending me the files and I'd write a big Read Me for you

------------------
    Give me your virginity and you'll lose it.
    RIP TosaInu
    Ja Mata

get icq and i will send you everything you want .... btw the girl of the ending sequence is fabolous ....

I have ICQ d/led, just need to install it

------------------
    Give me your virginity and you'll lose it.
    RIP TosaInu
    Ja Mata

READY !!! all finished and working
    but i need someone that make the .exe to install and uninstall the whole thing !!

Nur-ad-Din Forum Administrator TosaInu's Avatar

Konnichiwa,

Go to the tools section (http://www.totalwar.org/maps) and download Clickteam Installmaker. A fairly easy to use tool. Tera could tell you more about a rollback.

------------------
    Ja mata
    Toda MizuTosaInu
    Daimyo Takiyama Shi

http://www.takiyama.cjb.net
    Ja mata

TosaInu

Thanks alot ! i go to see if im able to use it

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast