Thread: upgrades

Default upgrades

Am I missing something, or do "barbarians" stay barbarians forever?

Example, I have noticed that as the Britons, Germans, and Gauls, I cannot build sewers, aqueducts or other such public health facilities.

I have also noticed that as Britons or Gauls, I cannot improve up to a stone wall, nor can I upgrade one when I take over a city with one.

As the Britons, I could not get archers even with a catapult range which I took down in Ariminum.

Is this a permanent handicap, or is it possible to make these upgrades after taking over a number of "civilized" cities which in turn "gives the idea" for my faction to build the same facilities up North?

Thank You.

Celt Centurion

Default Re: upgrades

Welcome to the .org Celt Centurion

All of the 'barbarian' factions in RTW cannot build any of the buildings you have mentioned such as Sewers. They also cannot build stone walls even with the minor cities.

As for the Britons not getting archers that is because they have head hurlers instead which are a very good missile unit even though I have not used them that much.

If you want to know exactly what your barbarian faction can or cannot build just check the tech-tree which is located in one of the scrolls on the campaign map.

Hope this helps,
    - Vip3r