Thread: Is anyone working on new scenarios?

Default Is anyone working on new scenarios?

I have a few such as the Gempi wars and the Amagi campaigns, but I was wonder if anyone was still doing these or if MTW and RTW have sucked all the life out of such projects.
    "Glory is fleeting, but obscurity is forever."
    - Napoleon on fame

warning- plot loss in progress Senior Member barocca's Avatar
    (*disclaimer* - reality may or may not exist, in some societies reality is a crime, punishable by life)

Default Re: Is anyone working on new scenarios?

well i am not making any at this time,

making your own is fairly easy,

grab "barocca"s campaigns" and Hecose' campaign editor to see how to make full blown campaigns,dont forget the campaign editor helper files...link

as for adding/swapping out factions, there should be instructions in Hecose editor for that,
    Failing that have a look at my versions of the Mongol Campaigns (Iron Man for example) and you can see what files i had to add to allow different factions to appear in the Mongol era (not just Hojo!, but you can fight the horde as Mori, Shimazu etc)
    IronMan SE allows you to introduce guns and monks to the Mongols, and that changes the flavour of the game as well.

Tosa Inu's historic battles are another one that is good fun, although Shogun can sometimes hiccupp when running through chained branching historic battles that involve cross linking,

with Tosa's historic battles i have long thought perhaps if each outcome had it's out subset, rather than trying to cross link the branches, perhaps that would stop Shogun having hiccups,

IE
    from battle 1 you can go to battle 2 if you lost or 3 if you won,
    if you then win battle 2 you can go on to battle 3

and thats where i think the hiccupping starts,
    perhaps battle 2 needs it's own "string to follow" and should Not "share" battle 3 but have it's own specific copy of it (battle 3A for example)

Hecose' campaign editor is as easy to use as we could make, i was the "idiot" for the "idiot proofing" tests we ran on it, so it guaranteed fairly simple to use
    :-)

Browse the entire 3D file archive ...link

B.
    The winds that blows -
    ask them, which leaf on the tree
    will be next to go.

Nur-ad-Din Forum Administrator TosaInu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by barocca

with Tosa's historic battles i have long thought perhaps if each outcome had it's out subset, rather than trying to cross link the branches, perhaps that would stop Shogun having hiccups,

IE
    from battle 1 you can go to battle 2 if you lost or 3 if you won,
    if you then win battle 2 you can go on to battle 3

and thats where i think the hiccupping starts,
    perhaps battle 2 needs it's own "string to follow" and should Not "share" battle 3 but have it's own specific copy of it (battle 3A for example)
    I think so too. It didn't show up when I was making it (and then it got bigger, bigger and bigger). It's possible to play each battle as historical battle, you can consult a scheme to see which battle should be next to follow the story.
    Ja mata

TosaInu

Weird Organism Senior Member Drisos's Avatar

Good luck!! please post a link when you succeed
    - Chu - Gi - Makoto - Rei - Jin - Yu - Meiyo -