Thread: Vanya\'s Shoggy Stat Swapper

Senior Member Senior Member Vanya's Avatar

I just emailed it to Tosa-san. With luck and Buddha's Compassion, it will be available in downloads before you can say "Head Soup".

If you try it, tell me if you like it... or if you think it sucks.

I sent Tosa-san:

1. A zip with the EXE and the stats (downloaded from The Org).

2. A 2-zip installer that installs the EXE and dependancies only. No stats. Follow the readme on setting up your stat folders if you have to resort to this method.

If you have Magy's tools, then try #1 first. If it doesn't work, then try the installer. You can extract the stat files and folder structure from the zip for #1 and just drop them into the installed project folder, and voila! you have your stats!

Enjoy!
    [Sips sake, eats popcorn]

Very nice program Vanya. At first, I didn't realize that I needed a description.txt file in each subfolder for the stats to show up in the selection list.

I think I have figured out how to use the restore button to toggle between v102 and v103, but is this how it works? I empty the backup folder, and then "set" v102. That copies v102 to the main game folder and to the backup folder. Then I "set" v103 and that copies v103 to the main folder, but the backup folder still contains v102 and is not overwritten. I can then use "restore" to return to v102 at any time. By using "set" v103 and "restore" I can toggle between v103 and v102 with a single mouse click. Is this how you intended it to work?

Thanks for writing the swapper,
    MizuYuuki ~~~

[This message has been edited by Puzz3D (edited 06-13-2002).]

_________Designed to match Original STW gameplay.

Beta 8 + Beta 8.1 patch + New Maps + Sound add-on + Castles 2

Quote Originally posted by Puzz3D:
    Very nice program Vanya. At first, I didn't realize that I needed a description.txt file in each subfolder for the stats to show up in the selection list.

I think I have figured out how to use the restore button to toggle between v102 and v103, but is this how it works? I empty the backup folder, and then "set" v102. That copies v102 to the main game folder and to the backup folder. Then I "set" v103 and that copies v103 to the main folder, but the backup folder still contains v102 and is not overwritten. I can then use "restore" to return to v102 at any time. By using "set" v103 and "restore" I can toggle between v103 and v102 with a single mouse click. Is this how you intended it to work?

Thanks for writing the swapper,
    MizuYuuki ~~~

[This message has been edited by Puzz3D (edited 06-13-2002).]
    [/QUOTE]

If no description.txt file is present, the description is the same as the folder name.

On the RESTORE... Here is what it does.

Each time you push a stat out to the game folder, it checks each file its about to copy over. If it finds a file with that name in the destination folder, it copies it into the BACKUP folder and then proceeds to overwrite the file with the new one. The RESTORE button simply allows you to copy the contents of the BACKUP folder back to the game folder. But keep in mind that the BACKUP folder does not contain your "original" stats necessarily. Each push overwrites the BACKUP contents.

So... If you push 101, then 103 then 102... after 102 has been pushed, BACKUP has 103. After 103 has been pushed, BACKUP has 101.

I would definitely recommend you create a separate folder and call it something like "Originals" to archive the original files in (assuming they are not those specified in either 101 or 102...).

So, RESTORE is just a quick way to undo your last push -- no stat selection necessary and you don't have to remember what you had before the push.

Make sense?

Ok got it. I can toggle back and forth between v102 and v103 with "restore" as long as I don't hit "set" twice in a row on the same stat. If I select "set" twice in a row on the same stat, then \backup contains the same thing that is in the main game folder.

Thanks,
    MizuYuuki ~~~

_________Designed to match Original STW gameplay.

Beta 8 + Beta 8.1 patch + New Maps + Sound add-on + Castles 2

Quote Originally posted by Puzz3D:
    Ok got it. I can toggle back and forth between v102 and v103 with "restore" as long as I don't hit "set" twice in a row on the same stat. If I select "set" twice in a row on the same stat, then \backup contains the same thing that is in the main game folder.

Thanks,
    MizuYuuki ~~~
    [/QUOTE]

LOL Yeah. I guess a future version can do a file comparison and only backup if the files are different...

You guys speak a different language than me.
    ...........Orda

------------------
    " Send us your ambassadors and thus we shall judge whether you wish to be at peace with us or at war..if you make war on us the Everlasting God, who makes easy what was difficult and makes near what was far, knows that we know what our power is."

It just dawned on me... the program includes a custom OCX!

GAH!

You better use the installer!

Custom OCX has been giving me headache too.

PS: you guys make things way too complicated. Alt-Tab, find the main directory (shot-cut the main STW one to make things easier), choose the stats folder, copy and paste.

[This message has been edited by Gothmog (edited 07-09-2002).]
    Pain is weakness leaving the body.