Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Imperialist Club

Default Re: Imperialist Club

Why not just build a new empire, from some random country somewhere? I know Argentina and Sri Lanka are just waiting there, watching and waiting...
    "Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite." - John Kenneth Galbraith

Quote Originally Posted by King Henry V
    The members of the Imperialist Club must take an oath that they believe in the following:
    1. The Right of Conquest is the foundation of Imperialism. Any country has the right to another as long as they are able to conquer it.
    2. Autocracy is the sole viable way of governing an Empire.
    2. That one must do everything in ones power to better the interests of the country and the Empire, even if it means overthrowing the present ruler if he is incompetent.

And finnally all British, Canadian, Australian, New Zealanders and other members whose home country is ruled by Her Most Brittanic Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, that they pledge to be loyal to God, Her and your Country.
    Let us begin with some good singing:
    God save our gracious Queen
    Long live our noble Queen,
    God save the Queen:
    Send her victorious,
    Happy and glorious,
    Long to reign over us:
    God save the Queen.

O Lord, our God, arise,
    Scatter thine enemies,
    And make them fall:
    Confound their politics,
    Frustrate their knavish tricks,
    On thee our hopes we fix:
    God save us all.

Thy choicest gifts in store,
    On her be pleased to pour;
    Long may she reign:
    May she defend our laws,
    And ever give us cause
    To sing with heart and voice
    God save the Queen.
    So sworn. In the name of god, queen and country.
    If you havin' skyrim problems I feel bad for you son.. I dodged 99 arrows but my knee took one.

VENI, VIDI, NATES CALCE CONCIDI

I came, I saw, I kicked ass

Ok so King Malcolm is Grand master and founder, Im Chief of the General Staff, what is everyone else?

agitated Member master of the puppets's Avatar
    where destruction lay around me from a fight i could not win

Talking Re: Imperialist Club

ok so we let the brits build there nation, then us americans come in smack um around a little to show um whos boss, then sit back and relax as the barbarians are slaughtered in the masses.
    A nation of sheep will beget a a government of wolves. Edward R. Murrow

Anyone who claims to be in the light but hates his brother is still in the darkness. —1 John 2:9

Im Chang Lee and we, the Chinese, will make your pityful empires look nothing compared to the greatness of China!

*gong*
    Common Unreflected Drinking Only Smartens

TexMec Senior Member Louis VI the Fat's Avatar

Default Re : Re: Imperialist Club

Quote Originally Posted by Templar Knight
    Ok so King Malcolm is Grand master and founder, Im Chief of the General Staff, what is everyone else?
    I'll be another nasty pest undermining your Commonwealth plans with imperial designs of his own.

If only because I'll never swear an oath in the name of
    god, queen and country.
    Neither of the first two dare set foot in my country. A French citizen is his own master and proud of it.
    Anything unrelated to elephants is irrelephant
    Texan by birth, woodpecker by the grace of God
    I would be the voice of your conscience if you had one - Brenus
    Bt why woulf we uy lsn'y Staraft - Fragony
    Not everything
    blue and underlined is a link

Quote Originally Posted by Sjakihata
    Im Chang Lee and we, the Chinese, will make your pityful empires look nothing compared to the greatness of China!

*gong*
    We burnt down and plundered a lot of China.

Go Britain and France!

we could launch the 3rd opium war

Very Senior Member Gawain of Orkeny's Avatar

This reminds me of my own thread about theUS being the new Rome but not quite as funny. I no Im prejudced but that was one of the best and funniestthreads I ever started. Down with your Imperialism Long live the US.
    Fighting for Truth , Justice and the American way

Default Re: Re : Re: Imperialist Club

Quote Originally Posted by Louis IV the Fat
    Neither of the first two dare set foot in my country. A French citizen is his own master and proud of it.
    Am I going to be kicked out of the US for agreeing with a Frenchman? No Queen in my country! Well... except for the Drag-Queens. They're funny.

But you don't think God is in France? Have you really regressed to the Cult of Reason again? I'm just curious.

Azi
    "If you don't want to work, become a reporter. That awful power, the public opinion of the nation, was created by a horde of self-complacent simpletons who failed at ditch digging and shoemaking and fetched up journalism on their way to the poorhouse."
    Mark Twain 1881

TexMec Senior Member Louis VI the Fat's Avatar

Default Re : Re: Re : Re: Imperialist Club

Quote Originally Posted by Azi Tohak
    Am I going to be kicked out of the US for agreeing with a Frenchman? No Queen in my country! Well... except for the Drag-Queens. They're funny.

But you don't think God is in France? Have you really regressed to the Cult of Reason again? I'm just curious.

Azi
    Serious curiousity warrants a serious reply:

We have to distuingish between the people and the State. The French Republic, for historical reasons, is fiercely secular. Catholicism, with it's centralised, authoritive structure has a tendency to form a 'state within the state', or even to control and replace it. And in the Ancien Régime, our clergy was particularly interwoven with the French state (read: nobility).
    Organised religion / the Catholic Church had to be fought no less than royalist forces if the Revolution was to succeed.

The 'Cult of Reason' phenomenon was only during the Revolutionary years. But yes, reason and anti-clericalism is what makes a French citizen free. But that is a political statement. Many reactionary French still think that you can only be truly French if you're a pious Catholic. Me, I will personally rip of any visible cross or head-scarf that I see on any state-salaried official.

Of course, ever since the 1789 Declaration of the Rights of Man and of the Citizen, freedom of religion has been a constitutional right. What you do or believe in outside of the public sphere is of no concern to the state.

This secularism of the state goes to such extremes that the government even refuses to gather statistical information as to the religion of her citizens. There is therefore no official statistic, but a quick google search produced that in a: '2003 poll 41% said that the existence of God was "excluded" or "unlikely". 33% declared that "atheist" described them rather or very well, and 51% for "Christian".

Another source put France second on the list of nations with non-religious people:
    'Belgium with 37%, France with 43%, and the Netherlands with 54%. France is the country with the greatest number of atheists: 14%.'
    Anything unrelated to elephants is irrelephant
    Texan by birth, woodpecker by the grace of God
    I would be the voice of your conscience if you had one - Brenus
    Bt why woulf we uy lsn'y Staraft - Fragony
    Not everything
    blue and underlined is a link

Very interesting. Thank you Louis. Where was the USA on that list of non-religious peoples?

To each their own is my official stance on religion, including atheism. I doubt I need to tell you that I personally am Christian, but after being 'frustrate' and 'angry' for a long time (not atheist per say...) I can understand that being preached to is amazingly irritating.

Anyway, I am reading Caribbean right now (yeah, I know, great source for historical info), but I am to the French Revolution, and the anti-Catholicism from so many people is palpable. Not knowing much about religion in Europe these days, I did not know how serious your claim was about no God or Queen in your country.

Thank you Louis

Azi
    "If you don't want to work, become a reporter. That awful power, the public opinion of the nation, was created by a horde of self-complacent simpletons who failed at ditch digging and shoemaking and fetched up journalism on their way to the poorhouse."
    Mark Twain 1881

Mediæval Auctoriso Member Member TheSilverKnight's Avatar

we could launch the 3rd opium war
    I thought there was a 3rd Opium War? 1860's?
    "I'm like the Vikings -- I come here, I steal your women, your booze, your dough, and then I go back home." ~ Wiz
    "Play RTW and wait till 1,000 people die and look at them from above. Then tell me it was worth the oil." - Byzantine Prince

Could be your God Member Abokasee's Avatar

lets see if we can resseruct the bartix race....if we cant make a empire
    Now with transparent layers!

Lost on the Internet? Go back to start.

Could be your God Member Abokasee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by King Henry V
    The members of the Imperialist Club must take an oath that they believe in the following:
    1. The Right of Conquest is the foundation of Imperialism. Any country has the right to another as long as they are able to conquer it.
    2. Autocracy is the sole viable way of governing an Empire.
    2. That one must do everything in ones power to better the interests of the country and the Empire, even if it means overthrowing the present ruler if he is incompetent.

And finnally all British, Canadian, Australian, New Zealanders and other members whose home country is ruled by Her Most Brittanic Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, that they pledge to be loyal to God, Her and your Country.
    Let us begin with some good singing:
    Long live our noble Queen,
    God save the Queen:
    Send her victorious,
    Happy and glorious,
    Long to reign over us:
    God save the Queen.

O Lord, our God, arise,
    Scatter thine enemies,
    And make them fall:
    Confound their politics,
    Frustrate their knavish tricks,
    On thee our hopes we fix:
    God save us all.

Thy choicest gifts in store,
    On her be pleased to pour;
    Long may she reign:
    May she defend our laws,
    And ever give us cause
    To sing with heart and voice
    God save the Queen.

i swear the oath .....but we dont need monarch ...do WE?
    Now with transparent layers!

Lost on the Internet? Go back to start.

Forsmark, Sweden, where the radiation keeps me warm.

Can I be the queen!?
    I support the Pike and Musket:Total War

Also Europa Barbarorum supporter!

Not affiliated with Red Dwarf. Member Ianofsmeg16's Avatar
    Home of Palm trees, cats with no tails, three-legged men, fairies...and more german bikers than germany

Sweet, can i join...the British Empire did more for the world than any country i can think of...We brought cricket to Austrailia for goodness sake!
    When I was a child
    I caught a fleeting glimpse
    Out of the corner of my eye.
    I turned to look but it was gone
    I cannot put my finger on it now
    The child is grown,
    The dream is gone.
    I have become comfortably numb...

Proud Supporter of the Gahzette

Viceroy of the Indian Empire Member Duke Malcolm's Avatar
    Dùn Dèagh, the People's Republic of Scotland, the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinan
    Do we get to reconquer Hong Kong ? and INDIA ! ?
    Hong Kong might be a challenge, but for India, and the rest of the Empire, I would get the Commonwealth countries to give over more and more power to the Secretary-General and the Assembly of the British Commonwealth, until it has power over foreign policy, defence, and a few other things. I would then have the Secretary of State for Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs appointed as Secretary-General, then merge and split the posts, to have Secretary of State for Foreign Affairs, and Secretary of State for the Commonwealth, who would have the responsibilities of Secretary-General, without having to answer to the Assembly, only the Prime Minister and Monarch
    It was not theirs to reason why,
    It was not theirs to make reply,
    It was theirs but to do or die.
    -The Charge of the Light Brigade - Alfred, Lord Tennyson

"Wherever this stone shall lie, the King of the Scots shall rule"
    -Prophecy of the Stone of Destiny

"For God, For King and country, For loved ones home and Empire, For the sacred cause of justice, and The freedom of the world, They buried him among the kings because he, Had done good toward God and toward his house."
    -Inscription on the Tomb of the Unknown Warrior

You guys get all the third world nations....and we yanks will kick you out of europe and all the other first world countries spreading our second amendment to all you gun fearing euros

America will have it all...we will give an island to france because of their help in the revoloution
    Last edited by scooter_the_shooter; 08-11-2005 at 12:20.
    Formerly ceasar010

Quote Originally Posted by TheSilverKnight
    I thought there was a 3rd Opium War? 1860's?
    There was just two: 1839-42 and 1856-60

so do we launch a third?

Not affiliated with Red Dwarf. Member Ianofsmeg16's Avatar
    Home of Palm trees, cats with no tails, three-legged men, fairies...and more german bikers than germany

If i join can i have my own country?, are we just looking at taking over the Commonwealth or the whole world? cos any of those two would be super
    When I was a child
    I caught a fleeting glimpse
    Out of the corner of my eye.
    I turned to look but it was gone
    I cannot put my finger on it now
    The child is grown,
    The dream is gone.
    I have become comfortably numb...

Proud Supporter of the Gahzette

Viceroy of the Indian Empire Member Duke Malcolm's Avatar
    Dùn Dèagh, the People's Republic of Scotland, the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland.

First the Commonwealth, and then the world.

But yes, once one of us are in power, we should start the 3rd Opium wars (even though it won't be fought over dealing opium), and take the New Territories for their rightful owner...
    It was not theirs to reason why,
    It was not theirs to make reply,
    It was theirs but to do or die.
    -The Charge of the Light Brigade - Alfred, Lord Tennyson

"Wherever this stone shall lie, the King of the Scots shall rule"
    -Prophecy of the Stone of Destiny

"For God, For King and country, For loved ones home and Empire, For the sacred cause of justice, and The freedom of the world, They buried him among the kings because he, Had done good toward God and toward his house."
    -Inscription on the Tomb of the Unknown Warrior

Quote Originally Posted by eadeater
    What an excellent idea - I'm joining. I'll be glad to help you restore the British Empire in exchange for helping me restore the old Russian Empire, in which I will Tzar, muwahahaha!!!
    Hmph!

Pining for the glory days... Member lancelot's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ceasar010
    You guys get all the third world nations....and we yanks will kick you out of europe and all the other first world countries spreading our second amendment to all you gun fearing euros

America will have it all...we will give an island to france because of their help in the revoloution
    Considering you yanks are having a hard time supressing afghani militia, to say nothing of Iraq, thats quite a statement.

We dont fear guns, we have been using them for about 200 years longer than you. Its old hat here. We are just sensible enough to not let every local hick have access to them!

Yep and never forget you needed the FRENCH to backstab us, before you could beat us. Probably the only time in history the French army has done something short of just surrendering...
    "England expects that every man will do his duty" Lord Nelson

"Extinction to all traitors" Megatron

"Lisa, if the Bible has taught us nothing else, and it hasn't, it's that girls should stick to girls sports, such as hot oil wrestling and foxy boxing and such and such." Homer Simpson

There is a joke here about french guns

"never fired only dropped once"

We bailed europe in ww2 and saved you from speaking russian after ww2.

and france should owe us look at the tally

they help us in revolution

we help them in ww1

we help in ww2

we help in vietnam

they refuse to help in iraq

--------------

once you try to take over america we will call up the malitia(yes there is still a malitia I am not joking)
    Formerly ceasar010

Member Senior Member Proletariat's Avatar

I'm down. I'm American born and was raised by a British mom but have dual citizenship with Austrailia (long story). As long as the anglo-sphere continues to dominate from one of these three (sorry, Canada. raze Montreal and we'll talk), I'm happy.

I'd like a Hobbesian autocracy. No massive populace in the west is emotionally or intellectually equiped to bear self-governance any longer. Let the conquering commence.

Quote Originally Posted by lancelot
    Considering you yanks are having a hard time supressing afghani militia, to say nothing of Iraq, thats quite a statement.

We dont fear guns, we have been using them for about 200 years longer than you. Its old hat here. We are just sensible enough to not let every local hick have access to them!

Yep and never forget you needed the FRENCH to backstab us, before you could beat us. Probably the only time in history the French army has done something short of just surrendering...

wrong again... have you ever heard of camp parry it is the super bowl of target shooting america dominated this year Almost all of the best shots in the world are americans.
    Formerly ceasar010

Old Town Road Senior Member Strike For The South's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ceasar010
    once you try to take over america we will call up the malitia(yes there is still a malitia I am not joking)
    thats what the 2nd amendments for thats also for when the goverment gets full of themselves we can put them back in there place
    Last edited by Strike For The South; 08-11-2005 at 14:38.
    There, but for the grace of God, goes John Bradford

My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

I am tired and sick of war. Its glory is all moonshine. It is only those who have neither fired a shot nor heard the shrieks and groans of the wounded who cry aloud for blood, for vengeance, for desolation.

Pining for the glory days... Member lancelot's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by strike for the south
    thats what the 2nd amendments for thats also for when the goverment gets full of themselves we can put them back in there place
    Hasnt the US government got full of themselves already???

And when are you southern gents gonna get of your asses and secede again?

If for no other reason than the confederate battle flag is probably the coolest lookin flag in history!
    "England expects that every man will do his duty" Lord Nelson

"Extinction to all traitors" Megatron

"Lisa, if the Bible has taught us nothing else, and it hasn't, it's that girls should stick to girls sports, such as hot oil wrestling and foxy boxing and such and such." Homer Simpson

Our government is getting kind of oppresive with all this patriot act buisiness....But not severe enough for a revoloution. If they take down the second amendment I know more than a few people who are going to shoot the cop who tries to take their gun.
    Formerly ceasar010

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast