Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 142021222324

Thread: RTW MP Campaign - The game has begun!

Default Re: RTW MP Campaign - The game has begun!

Quote Originally Posted by =E.T=

You win

As anyone PM'ed LordRaiden by the way to let him now it's his turn?

Ave Myrddraal,

I am currently trying to help with creating a script for a group on the RTR Forums that wish to write a multiplayer AAR of a campaign using the TFT Mod. I have read through your Hotseat script topic in the past and was quite interested in the possibilities. I have written separate scripts for each player and have gotten all but 2 to work satisfactorily. Here is the sequence of human players...
    1. romans_julii (Caesar player)
    2. romans_brutii (Crassus player)
    3. romans_scipii (Pompey player)
    4. parthia (Parthia player)
    5. gauls (Gauls player)

As I mentioned, they are using the First Triumvirate (TFT) Mod, the Crassus campaign. I basically used the hotseat script you shared in the Hotseat topic here at the Guild for transferring control to the next player, for the Pompey player, Parthia player, and Gauls player. The 3 Roman factions are directly adjacent in the turn sequence, so a similar script will not work for the Caesar player and Crassus player (which you mention in the Hotseat script). I have moved other factions in the descr_strat.txt file to be between the roman_julii faction and the roman_brutii faction, along with between the romans_brutii faction and the romans_scipii faction, but when I use the hotseat script for transferring control, it still will not stop for the brutii and scipii factions. Am I missing something else I need to do to be able to use the script for transferring between factions that were formerly adjacent? Is there another file that determines the sequence of faction turns?

I wrote another script using the following to switch control between factions...
    monitor_event FactionTurnStart FactionType romans_brutii
    command_console control romans_brutii
    The above works for transferring control from the romans_julii faction to the romans_brutii faction, but I do not get any beginning of the turn messages for the romans_brutii faction. This would be fine, but I'm worried that the brutii faction would not get any adoption messages or marriage messages. Is there something I can do to get the messages at the beginning of the brutii faction's turn?

Any help with either of these scripts would be appreciated. Thanks!

Vale,
    Marcus Camillus
    Marcus Camillus

"A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for."
    -- William Shedd

k guys ... as you noticed now we are not waiting for a replacement we are waiting for a player on the list. bonny was the last guy who played and he said he send it to the next guy LordRaiden who plays gual ... unfortounetly LordRaiden didnt send a reply till now so i am starting to think that maybe we should try to find him a replacement as well

another problem is that balrog couldnt run his game and ask a question here which none had helped him so i ask from people to go and look at the problem at page 23

tnx a lot...

LordRaiden pls play your turn or at least say you are out.

Quote Originally Posted by Krek
    You win

As anyone PM'ed LordRaiden by the way to let him now it's his turn?

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

AVE!
    ................................................ =ET=

=ET= Mods .

Guys I'm going to try and gettting it working on another comp, seeing as my laptop seems to not like the mod. I'll let you know how it goes, let me know when my turn comes around

Hi guys, how is the campaign going? Do we have a replacement for Scythia, are there other players missing, too,do i have to send my turn to someone else?
    still waiting to hear something new ...(if we didn't get it, to make a whole turn until july, i will probably quit, too.... )

lol ... i understand you. well we having a little problem, i am not sure what i mean when i say "we" because its looks like that except you the replacement for sythia that the mod didnt worked for him and maybe another 2 that still keeping an eye open all the rest seems to disappered.

lots of people waited to this mp and now when its finally out none noticed that its out and all forgot about it ( i blame school :P )

any way its been a long time that no one is saying anything here to make sure whats going on ... basiclly its Lordraiden's turn but he is gone so i say that those who want to make this work need to gather new people .. we are already in guals turn so we arent going to restart even if those that played left ... so for now if you find new players ask them to join the forum and pm me or myrddraal so they could join...

i ask all that want to keep playing announce that again because i want to edit the player list and to see who is missing :)

if we want to get this to work we better find a way to wake those who sleep or find them replacement :D

i have your save bonny so you dont have much to worry for now but it will be good if you will keep visiting for farther notice

Next test :

make one game whit just 4-6 factions... Even if I can Play;

:(
    AVE!

=ET= Mods .

Im still here just bored.. Myd did you ever figure a way to effectivly use AI with human players? Obviously 22 people or whatever isnt going to work

Viceroy of the Indian Empire Member Duke Malcolm's Avatar
    Dùn Dèagh, the People's Republic of Scotland, the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland.

I give up, strike my names from the list of players, please.
    It was not theirs to reason why,
    It was not theirs to make reply,
    It was theirs but to do or die.
    -The Charge of the Light Brigade - Alfred, Lord Tennyson

"Wherever this stone shall lie, the King of the Scots shall rule"
    -Prophecy of the Stone of Destiny

"For God, For King and country, For loved ones home and Empire, For the sacred cause of justice, and The freedom of the world, They buried him among the kings because he, Had done good toward God and toward his house."
    -Inscription on the Tomb of the Unknown Warrior

Who remains in the game?

I do!

:D
    AVE!

=ET= Mods .

king ... well i understand u but if we have a leap that will cause the game to go back i can email you right :D

Hmm.

CA/SEGA will call this a very good reason NOT to build a Multiplayer Campaign inside the TW series. You simply never get enough persons on the right time to play and a game will never finish.

Hopefully they realise that you can play MP Campaign with just 1 or 2 friends over LAN as well (and the rest controlled by AI), otherwise we'll never see a full MP Total War campaign.

Salute all!

You have millions of people waiting news about your progress!!! have you any progress onto the scrips and test??, will you do a open "mod" for the comunity? do you need any help of the comunity? WE NEEDED INFORMATION!!!! :) .

sALUTE!

Quote Originally Posted by Perseo
    Salute all!

You have millions of people waiting news about your progress!!! have you any progress onto the scrips and test??, will you do a open "mod" for the comunity? do you need any help of the comunity? WE NEEDED INFORMATION!!!! :) .

sALUTE!

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Me TOO!!!

Players Wating....

Who 've the file?

AVE!

=ET= Mods .

I still have the file... but where to send?

well sorry guys ... it seems that i can declare this thread dead.

its a test season for me and i guess for many others but it looks like that there isnt much hope for succeeding.

if there is hope i guess it will only come in june when people will have more free time.

i will keep an eye for this thread hopefully that a miracle will happen :D
    if there will be a revivle of this MP test i will pm the players.

unfourtunetly the new game MTW 2 will be Mp-less as well. so no hope till next tw game.

I propouse a new test with 4-6 player only...

;)
    AVE!

=ET= Mods .

I'm afraid this game is as dead as this thread ...

Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 142021222324