Thread: Questions about new family members

Default Questions about new family members

Hello everybody! First of all, sorry about my english.

Since I've started play RTW, I tried to figure out how to get family members, especially by promoting a captain, "The man of the hour".

I've noticed that the best way to get them is march an army, leaded by a captain, to attack a rebellious stack. And you have better chances if you resolve the battle automatically. Many times, playing the same battle, when I played it manually, I didn't get the family member, but when resolve the battle automatically, I've got "The man of the hour".

It's not necessary to be a “heroic victory” to get a family member. Any kind of victory is enough.

Another data: "The man of the hour" is available by regions, like mercenary pools, and there is some kind of replenishment rate (???), that says how many, where and when new family members are available.

Example: in a turn, I could get a new family member (by defeating some rebellious army) in any province located in Minor Asia, but not in Central Europe. Few turns later, I could get a new family member in the north africa region, but not in Assyria or Minor Asia, etc.

So, the come of new family members (the man of the hour) is set by regions pools. Few months ago, I thought that the number of family members would be the same of the provinces you get (as noticed here by several members, lile Professor Spatula). This thought is not correct, because, after a certain number of provinces, is doesn't match with the number of family members anymore.

After this little explanation, and I wish I did myself clear, here are the questions:

Anybody noticed these stuffs? Anybody knows is it possible to mod this “replenishment rate” of getting new family members (the man of the hour), or if is it hardcoded??????

I am actually playing BI, and can't get new family members. I think the developers made this stuff harder, i.e., now it's harder to promoting captains, getting new family members.......Anyone could give their opinion, or noticed this?

Thanks for helping.

Abdel Hak

Default Re: Questions about new family members

To me, the current amount of family members compared to current provinces has always seen to be the major factor. When I have few family members and many towns, a battle can easily grant me a Man of the Hour. When there is an abundance of family members, it seems almost impossible. Any other factor seems to take a back seat, to say the least...
    Last edited by lilljonas; 10-17-2005 at 17:38.
    Gôtt mos, Lennart.

Default Re: Questions about new family members

Anybody else?

Anybody knows if is it possible to mod the game, so we could get more family members?

Arrogant Ashigaru Moderator Ludens's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Lightbulb Re: Questions about new family members

Quote Originally Posted by Abdel Hak
    Anybody else?

Anybody knows if is it possible to mod the game, so we could get more family members?
    The number of family members is dependent on the number of cities you have, like lilljonas said. I think there is a chance of Men-of-the-Hour appearing when the number of family members is very low and you just won a battle by a good margin. I never noticed the factors you mention having any influence.

AFAIK it is not possible to alter this in R:TW. In BI, I don't know.
    Looking for a good read? Visit the Library!