Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Caius Britannicus Presents: "THE CRUSADES"

Last user of scythed chariots Member Spendios's Avatar

Default Re: Caius Britannicus Presents: "THE CRUSADES"

It's a very impressive project with a lot of beautiful units, keep up the good work !

Todays Preview German Knights and Christian Maronites:

knights and maronites
    Creator of The Crusades a complete modification for Barbarian Invasion
    Can a man love a mod? No, probably not. But here, at The Crusades, we believe in unnatural loves stories!

Forsmark, Sweden, where the radiation keeps me warm.

Awesome...
    I support the Pike and Musket:Total War

Also Europa Barbarorum supporter!

Lightbulb Re: Caius Britannicus Presents: "THE CRUSADES"

Quote Originally Posted by caius britannicus
    Todays Preview German Knights and Christian Maronites:

knights and maronites
    Blackadder:"Whatever it was, I'm sure it was better than my plan to get out of this by pretending to be mad. I mean, who would have noticed another madman round here?"

https://skender.be/supportdenmark/#CS

These skins are stunning! Keep it up man, I can't wait!
    Realists deny reality, and embrace an ideology where talk is productive and governments are sincere.

Insanity perhaps is inevitable Member shifty157's Avatar

Im always impressed when i come to this page.

Why did I not see this thread before?

And why is there no drooling smiley?

This is so cool. I think I have most of the Osprey books you have. I recognised the Maronites immediately. I very much anticipate this and I like your approach, Caius!

Whats this. An actual unit preview!

Crusader Turcopoles:

Turcopoles

You can also see a unit in the distance. Sorta a teaser of the mounted Templar Knights.
    Can a man love a mod? No, probably not. But here, at The Crusades, we believe in unnatural loves stories!

MTW Modder and Supporter Member Aenarion's Avatar

Great work as usually! Keep them coming!
    Silmarillion:TotalWar -A modification for MTW:VI
    Pls visit our website at: Silmarillion Mod
    And our Silmarillion Topic
    Modding Links:
    Alchemist Lab and Repository

Also, because I'm gonna be busy with another essay and tons-o-school work the next 4 weeks (ya! exams!!!!!) I'll be posting another preview.

Cilician Armenian Men-at-Arms.

Cilician Armenians

What the deuce another preview!?!

A Saracen unit for a change. The Black Guards of the Fatimid Caliph.

Shaidar Haran Senior Member SAM Site Champion Myrddraal's Avatar

Really good stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by caius britannicus
    What the deuce another preview!?!

A Saracen unit for a change. The Black Guards of the Fatimid Caliph.

The Black Guards are looking good, can't wait to play this mod
    Blackadder:"Whatever it was, I'm sure it was better than my plan to get out of this by pretending to be mad. I mean, who would have noticed another madman round here?"

https://skender.be/supportdenmark/#CS

Hi Caius Britannicus,

Amazing work! If ever you decide to join a modding group they will be most fortunate.

Just wondering about the guys with the 'pot helmet' (the one that looks like a British WW1/WW2 helmet) - are these a new model or did you use something already in game?

More power to you!!
    Harlechman
    "Ad majoram Dei gloriam"

United on Earth Member al'Callaendor's Avatar

Default Re : Caius Britannicus Presents: "THE CRUSADES"

wow!!, it is not a"mini" mod!
    The Wheel of Time turns and Ages come and go, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth,
    and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth returns again. In the Third Age, an Age of
    Prophecy, the World and Time themselves hang in the balance. What was, what will be, and what is, may yet
    fall under the Shadow

Twice and twice shall he be marked,
    Twice to live, and twice to die.
    Once the heron, to set his path.
    Twice the heron, to name him true.
    Once the dragon, for remembrance lost.
    Twice the dragon, for the price he must pay.

Chief Biscuit Monitor Member professorspatula's Avatar

That's it, I move forward the notion that we should ban Caius from the forums immediately! Everytime he posts another preview, the forums flood with the drool coming from the gaping mouths of the forum users as they stare on in amazement at his wondrous units. If we don't stop this man posting, we'll all be drowing in saliva within the month.
    Improving the TW Series one step at a time:

BI Extra Hordes & Unlocked Factions Mod: Available here.

Amazing work! If ever you decide to join a modding group they will be most fortunate.
    Why on earth would he want to do that? I don't get it? The net community IS a modding group, its already divided enough with people holding back stuff for their mods only, why add extra divisions? I can understand holding back stuff to make your mod special, but adding extra pointless divisions within the modding community is the worst thing thats happened to the worldwide RTW modding community in my oppinion.

Insanity perhaps is inevitable Member shifty157's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Myrddraal
    Why on earth would he want to do that? I don't get it? The net community IS a modding group, its already divided enough with people holding back stuff for their mods only, why add extra divisions? I can understand holding back stuff to make your mod special, but adding extra pointless divisions within the modding community is the worst thing thats happened to the worldwide RTW modding community in my oppinion.

Well what can you expect when you have ten mods all based on the same period of time? They have to differentiate themselves somehow because theyre in direct competition for the largest support base. If you ask me the worst thing that happened to the RTW mod is that every period in human history has at least 3 mods devoted to it. Resources and energy should be put into more interesting mods rather than just the same thing over and over again. Its redundant and boring.

This mod is one of the few mods i have any respect for because of the quality of the work and its deviation from the norm. Awesome work Caius. I cant wait for this mod.

Quote Originally Posted by shifty157
    Well what can you expect when you have ten mods all based on the same period of time? They have to differentiate themselves somehow because theyre in direct competition for the largest support base. If you ask me the worst thing that happened to the RTW mod is that every period in human history has at least 3 mods devoted to it. Resources and energy should be put into more interesting mods rather than just the same thing over and over again. Its redundant and boring.
    I think every modder works on what he personally is interested in. Considering they work for free that only makes sense, at least that´s what I would do, I don´t see sense spending my time on something I don´t care about.
    And what´s wrong with competition? Every mod might have a slightly different angle at things and, finally, no one is forced to use a mod in the first place.

Ciaran is right..in my opinion mods shouldn't be in competition..i'm creating a mod based on the crusades also me because i like that period, and i will not be in conflict with caius or other modders because i'm creating this mod for me..

The Dark Knight Member wlesmana's Avatar

I think modders should stop thinking about competition and make whatever they'd like. I'm sorry but I guess I'm the only one who thinks that modders are not volunteers for community service. I don't make mods to please the masses. I make them because I like working on it. Some like to work alone while others prefer to work with a group. But telling a modder to not work on his mod and join a team is plain silly. No one is getting paid to this stuff anyway so there's really no obligation.

Also, merging teams is not necessarily a good idea. Creative differences among other things and a big team where everyone wants to do something is harder to coordinate and will just become a slow lumbering ball of mush.

As much as I love seeing people post in the thread lets not get off topic again. BUt I think I'll add some of my insight from my own experiences with RTR. Big mod teams suck. Its not fun. Its hard to co-ordinate (trust me I was RTR project director for nearly two months, its bloody hard to get a multi-national team to work together in a timely fashion.) Small 1-4 man teams are where its at. Your all buddies and you are all working towards the same thing. At least its been that way so far with Crusades and I don't see that changing. And as Wles said. I'm making the mod for me, just as many modders are making their own mods for themsleves. And its not so much that I even want to play my own mod (in fact I probably wont play more then a few turns). Its more the experience of creating a mod that isn't part of some massive community thats always hounding you to add this or that, or make this look like that or have it play like this. I just want to make something thats nearly 100% my vision. Not too much to ask I think.

And thats why I may not appear 100% receptive to suggestions and requests for content. It makes me feel like I'm giving away pieces of my own creation. Of course I listen to suggestions and requests and see how best I can fit them in and even add my own ideas to them.

Anyways, thats enough for now.
    Last edited by caius britannicus; 11-21-2005 at 16:13.

This thread does seem to provoke some interesting discussions. Once again, I think the benefits or otherwise of working in teams is a fascinating subject, but one that's better served by its own thread in Mod Discussion rather than filling up this thread which Caius intended to show off the development of this particular mod.

Certainly no one is suggesting that modders shouldn't be allowed to work either individually or in groups. Caius, most assuredly as former RTR project co-ordinator, has a good deal experience of working as part of a team. It is good to see that he is enjoying modding as a 'solo artist'
    Epistolary Richard's modding Rules of Cool
    Cool modders make their mods with the :mod command line switch
    If they don't, then Cool mod-users use the Mod Enabler (JSGME)
    Cool modders use show_err
    Cool modders use the tutorials database Cool modders check out the Welcome to the Modding Forums! thread Cool modders keep backups Cool modders help each other out

Certainly no one is suggesting that modders shouldn't be allowed to work either individually or in groups.
    Just to clarify my position, thats certainly not what I meant. I guess I missunderstood the original subject. You may know that modding "organisations" are a touchy subject for me.

My ideal modding community is where all modders help each other out. For example, I'm going to be doing some scripting for Jidai no Ran, and Prom is going to help out with some WoT models, we're not members of some organisation, we're just modders, and because we share common goals, we help each other.

I really should split my own posts off from this topic. If anyone wants to discuss this further, I will. Otherwise, lets have another unit preview to cheer us all up

Just to clarify my position, thats certainly not what I meant.
    Of course, I was responding to the below:

Quote Originally Posted by wlesmana
    But telling a modder to not work on his mod and join a team is plain silly.
    we're not members of some organisation, we're just modders, and because we share common goals, we help each other.
    Just like cool modders should

For example, I'm going to be doing some scripting for Jidai no Ran, and Prom is going to help out with some WoT models
    Hmm... I'm doing some scripting for Prom for Res Gestae... so where are my models! :rant:
    Epistolary Richard's modding Rules of Cool
    Cool modders make their mods with the :mod command line switch
    If they don't, then Cool mod-users use the Mod Enabler (JSGME)
    Cool modders use show_err
    Cool modders use the tutorials database Cool modders check out the Welcome to the Modding Forums! thread Cool modders keep backups Cool modders help each other out

Best medieval models and skins for RTR out there. Absolutely stunning. I really hope you expand this into a MTW for RTW type thing... really... that would be one of the best things to happen to the game. Amazing stuff.

Great stuff. I've enlisted in Crusader:TW and I would like to know what resources you are using for the Cursades section of Chivalry:Total War.

PREVIEW!

Crusader Faction Family member and Royal Knights of the Kingdom

United on Earth Member al'Callaendor's Avatar

Default Re : Caius Britannicus Presents: "THE CRUSADES"

wow!!
    The Wheel of Time turns and Ages come and go, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth,
    and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth returns again. In the Third Age, an Age of
    Prophecy, the World and Time themselves hang in the balance. What was, what will be, and what is, may yet
    fall under the Shadow

Twice and twice shall he be marked,
    Twice to live, and twice to die.
    Once the heron, to set his path.
    Twice the heron, to name him true.
    Once the dragon, for remembrance lost.
    Twice the dragon, for the price he must pay.

Default Re: Re : Caius Britannicus Presents: "THE CRUSADES"

They look like guys from Kingdom of Heaven.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast