Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: The Official KoD thread *SPOILERS*

WoT fanatic Member 4th Dimension's Avatar

Default Re: The Official KoD thread *SPOILERS*

I asked because you bould script False Dragons as hordes, let them appear with armies. They should be scripted to appear more and more until the end of era.
    I know it is too much complicated but just a tought.

Please use Gameplay Discussion: Campaign Map of the message board to discuss this subject.

Yes, I agree with McFungos. I created those two topics for things like that, this is a kod thread after all. We will try to adress any questions there, so every thing not related to KOD should be put there.
    Last edited by Andreas; 01-15-2006 at 20:11.
    Supporter and retired teammember of the Wheel of Time mod.

So what were we disusing about KOD :D

The seals...
    Supporter and retired teammember of the Wheel of Time mod.

Im almost curious why he is so careful about breaking the seals, it mentions that he plans to seal the darkone's chamber like the creator did so long ago so why would he care about the seals if he isnt going to use them? I almost wish there were 2 more books I hope they go into detail about preparing for the lastbatlle basically it only mentions him sending the Tairens to the borderlands. Im also curious how Mat plays into the Seachan and how an alliance is possible to fight the shadow. Ive been wondering why Rand seems to be playing with the Seachan he could ultimately crush them pretty easily I believe, but he doesnt maybe he is just trying to delay them until the last battle so their personal war will be over and they will both have full strength against the borderlands?

I think Rand needs to educate Tuon about Trollocks since it mentions she doesnt believe in them or something, Tuon needs to bring more of the Empires strength to fight the last battle.

Ive also thought about the last battle, if Rand really calls on every man to fight he has a few million soldiers so how many damned Trollocks are there going to be, I believe we know who alot of the dreadlords are already I believe Taim's little crew will show their true shade soon, even so hopefully Rand also has the Aes Sedai's support along with the damane of the Seachan I almost wonder how the last battle could go wrong?

Sorry about any any gramatical errors, I basically empyted my head of thoughts about KoD

He still cares about the seals because however weak they do still hold DO's prison closed. He WILL break them if he means to reseal it the right way, but for now, for as long as they exist, DO is sealed.

Seanchan DO know about trolocs. They have a Blight of their own in north of Seanchan. Tough it is pretty weak because S using their beasts eradicated nearly all Shadowspawn from it, but there are still some (Draghtars for example). What they do not belive is that Trolocs are dangerous.

There will be at least as many trolocs as Rand's normal troopers, and as many Dreadlords as his chanalers, tough I think Shadow will have numerical superiority. Also DF will be put to work. They will owerthrow law and order. Make haos in Rands comunication and suply lines ect.

Gosh they could write a whole book just about the last battle...

I tought it would be like that. But seeing what yet needs to happen.
    Well... dark times for WoTes are comming

Emperor of Seanchan Member DragonR.'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CrownOfSwords
    Gosh they could write a whole book just about the last battle...
    I certainly hope so...

Twice dawns the day when his blood is shed.
    Once for mourning, once for birth.
    Red on black, the Dragon's blood stains the rock of Shayol Ghul.
    In the Pit of Doom shall his blood free men from the shadow.

Hope is one thing...
    HArsh reality is a whole another thing.
    Lot's of things need to happen before or at least during initial stages of TG

Well, I want at least a 1000 pages of TG, other 2000 can go for plot development....

Aha. And how much time do you think will it take fo RJ to write those 3000 pages?

Seems that a book is released every 2 years... which also means that a new sword of truth book comes out next yearwoohoo lol but we have 2 until the last wot book comes. And think what we will have in 2 years WOT RTW, maybe even something for MTW 2 oh boy.

Shaidar Haran Senior Member SAM Site Champion Myrddraal's Avatar

Umm, I was pretty sure that Trollocs were so rare in Seanchan that the Seanchan considered them myths...

arent they extinct in seanchen because the seanchen killed all shadowspawn in their blight (except for a few draghkar)

I think they said they had no Trollocks, but they did have other kinds of shadowspawn...

Quote Originally Posted by DragonR.
    I think they said they had no Trollocks, but they did have other kinds of shadowspawn...
    Yeah, that's what i thought too.

Yes the have no Trolocs but have other ones. But if those exist they know others exist too. The yonly havent battled them in a long time that's why they underetimate them.

Draghkar, Darkhounds and Worms still exist in the Lesser Blight (in the north of the Seanchan continent) beyond the western Mountains of Dhoom (which apparently encircle the entire north of the planet, both above ground and underwater), but the northern frontier is extremely distant from the major cities. Also, the landmass with the Lesser Blight is totally seperated from the southern landmass, which contains Seandar. The situation in Seanchan is probably that the northern guard posts battle Draghkar and Darkhound incursions every now and then, but nothing more than the odd rumour makes it out to the common people of the Empire. Thus even the Shadowspawn that do exist in Seanchan are considered myths by everyone save the military and the Empress. Those that aren't there at all (Myrddraal and Trollocs) are probably considered to be myths by everyone.

Rand doesn't want to crush the Seanchan because he knows it would bleed his armies and weaken them for the Last Battle. In addition, he knows by now that the Prophecies state that he will bind the Nine Moons to him, so his interest is now in winning an alliance with the Seanchan. Such an alliance could numerically increase his army's size by 30% or more, and add another thousand channellers to his ranks, something not to be dismissed lightly.
    A Game of Thrones: Total War - A mod for Medieval 2

I agree good post ^

Lesser Blight is separated from rest of Seanchan by a mass of Mountains which werry much look like those to the nort of Borderlands.

Insert Custom User Title Member Imperator Honorius's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cdaulepp
    Also, the group of 10,000 men who attack Mat are Altarans. They are trying to kill the daughter of the nine moons. So I get the impression that the Amadicians and Altarans under Seanchan rule don't have the same loyalty that the Taraboners do. Although in other spots it is mentioned that the local conscripts fight with honor for the Seanchan.
    The Altarans were offered a hefty reward for it, and there was Seanchan officers among them, my impression being Suroth had ordered Tuon killed for a reward, in order to become Empress after being offered it. As since there were no nobles or Imperial court left, once Tuon had been killed, Suroth would have the right to gain the Crystal Throne. And that's why when Tuon made it back to Ebou Dar, Suroth was surprised to see Tuon alive, and why Suroth was charged with treason, if I remember rightly. ;) Sorry for the long post.

There is a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another theory which states that this has already happened. ~ Douglas Adams

Why fell sory for long post?

Yeah it seems that Altarans have disloyalty as a trair, same as Murandians. But it seems also that S have a graet assimilating strenght.

I am in agreement with Imperator. I personally cannot see how the attack on Tuon can be seen as anything other than an attempt sanctioned by Suroth (and nothing to do with disloyalty). The army was heading with the express mission of killing Tuon, something highest on Suroth's agenda.

Scruffy Looking Nerf Herder Member Steppe Merc's Avatar

Yeah, but I'm sure some Seachan would have objected to killing the Daughter of the Nine Moons. But native auxillaries often have more loyalty to their own general than that of the state itself. Or they just have loyalty to money, one or the other.

"But if you should fall you fall alone,
    If you should stand then who's to guide you?
    If I knew the way I would take you home."
    Grateful Dead, "Ripple"

Child of the Light Member GreyHuntr's Avatar

Also, they believed they were searching for an imposter, so in their minds it wasn't really the Daughter of Nine moons.
    "The Children have authority where there is Light. Where the Light is not, we bring it!"

Indeed. So by the 'disloyal natives' theory, they would be the worst choice for the hunt. Compare to those loyal to Seanchania, the idea of an imposter would be beyond abhorent, and have them gnashing at the bit to destroy him or her. As far as I read into it, the Altarans (and their Seanchen officers) were simply obeying orders from the highest authority they knew of ( el Daughter had not yet unveiled, and was therefor just another noble technically, and also had dissappeared and so wasnt in any position to be giving them orders).

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456