Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: RTR Light MP campaign mod discussion....

Master of Puppets Member hellenes's Avatar

Default Re: RTR Light MP campaign mod discussion....

Quote Originally Posted by shifty157
    Will the ZOR be according to faction or according to culture?
    According to faction. Since culturs would be very confusing, it will be like

-build phase 1 auxcilia + Barracks or Militia Barracks (if there are the local ones you can use them) get access to you OWN troops on those barracks.

-build phase 2 auxcilia + Legion Barracks or Army Barracks (if there are the local ones you can use them) get access to you OWN troops on those barracks.

-build phase 3 auxcilia + Urban Barracks (if there are the local ones you can use them) get access to you OWN troops on those barracks.

No maijor changes were made to unit stats build requirements, just some techtree adjustment for inbalanced factions (Seleucids, Ptolemaic Egyptians)...
    Also the mod will suppert ANY localisation (but the names of cities will be in english (or Myrdaals version) since the game saves them in the save file).

Hellenes
    Impunity is an open wound in the human soul.

ΑΙΡΕΥΟΝΤΑΙ ΕΝ ΑΝΤΙ ΑΠΑΝΤΩΝ ΟΙ ΑΡΙΣΤΟΙ ΚΛΕΟΣ ΑΕΝΑΟΝ ΘΝΗΤΩΝ ΟΙ ΔΕ ΠΟΛΛΟΙ ΚΕΚΟΡΗΝΤΑΙ ΟΚΩΣΠΕΡ ΚΤΗΝΕΑ

The best choose one thing in exchange for all, everflowing fame among mortals; but the majority are satisfied with just feasting like beasts.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Rusher
    They don't.
    On mine they do. Haven't I installed it properly? I put it in the Data folder in RTW. And I deleted the map.rwm.

Ekklesia Mafia: - An exciting new mafia game set in ancient Athens - Sign up NOW!
    "Oh, how I wish we could have just one Diet session where the Austrians didn't spend the entire time complaining about something." Fredericus von Hamburg

Quote Originally Posted by Ignoramus
    On mine they do. Haven't I installed it properly? I put it in the Data folder in RTW. And I deleted the map.rwm.
    Ingnormanus when you extracted the file did you tell it to put the contents in the RTW data folder?
    Edit: The auxillia will be like what hellenes said but the same with archery and calvery. (ex: lv.1 will unlock the first and second lv. on the archery buildings calvery buildings ect...)
    Last edited by Lord Winter; 11-16-2005 at 01:29.
    When it occurs to a man that nature does not regard him as important and that she feels she would not maim the universe by disposing of him, he at first wishes to throw bricks at the temple, and he hates deeply the fact that there are no bricks and no temples
    -Stephen Crane

Viceroy of the Indian Empire Member Duke Malcolm's Avatar
    Dùn Dèagh, the People's Republic of Scotland, the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland.

So, is the ZOR where one can only recruit soldiers from inside one's original territory? I'm not entirely sure of what this auxilia business is...
    It was not theirs to reason why,
    It was not theirs to make reply,
    It was theirs but to do or die.
    -The Charge of the Light Brigade - Alfred, Lord Tennyson

"Wherever this stone shall lie, the King of the Scots shall rule"
    -Prophecy of the Stone of Destiny

"For God, For King and country, For loved ones home and Empire, For the sacred cause of justice, and The freedom of the world, They buried him among the kings because he, Had done good toward God and toward his house."
    -Inscription on the Tomb of the Unknown Warrior

Savior of Peasant Phill Member Silver Rusher's Avatar

Why do we have to bother with auxilia and all this stuff? Could we not just play the game already?
    THE GODFATHER, PART 2
    The Thread

Insanity perhaps is inevitable Member shifty157's Avatar

Well at the moment the mod isnt in a playable state. So we have to wait. It may not seem so bad for since you have so many starting territories but for me i can only build units in three territories. Not fun.

Dùn Dèagh, the People's Republic of Scotland, the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland.

Yes, and I only four. If I expand too far out then it will take years to move armies to defend and attack places.

Perhaps we could simply allow a basic unit of infantry and cavalry to be trained in any province. e.g., I could perhaps train Levy Pikemen and Light Lancers and Peltasts in Alesia.

"For God, For King and country, For loved ones home and Empire, For the sacred cause of justice, and The freedom of the world, They buried him among the kings because he, Had done good toward God and toward his house."

Exactly, imagine garrisoning let alone conquering. This is ahistorical, as waiting 18 turns before you can recruit any units.

Ekklesia Mafia: - An exciting new mafia game set in ancient Athens - Sign up NOW!
    "Oh, how I wish we could have just one Diet session where the Austrians didn't spend the entire time complaining about something." Fredericus von Hamburg

Exactly, imagine garrisoning let alone conquering. This is ahistorical, as waiting 18 turns before you can recruit any units.
    Dude.

Just no.

It won't work! I have 1.3, I correctly installed the All Factions Mod, I correctly installed the MP Mod, and deleted the map.rwm. Please can someone explain what I should do. I mean all the steps. Because I must have made a mistake. Please can someone explain.

It won't work! I have 1.3, I correctly installed the All Factions Mod, I correctly installed the MP Mod, and deleted the map.rwm. Please can someone explain what I should do. I mean all the steps. Because I must have made a mistake. Please can someone explain.
    Search all your folders for a ziped folder if you find one unzip it. That was a problem with me?
    What exactly is not working?
    Do you get a CTD?

So, is the ZOR where one can only recruit soldiers from inside one's original territory? I'm not entirely sure of what this auxilia business is...
    Basicly that is the idea. We are using just a simplyfied version of RTR's ZoR. The Auxillia will allow you to recuirt your own units in your non starting territorys.
    Last edited by Lord Winter; 11-17-2005 at 01:26.
    When it occurs to a man that nature does not regard him as important and that she feels she would not maim the universe by disposing of him, he at first wishes to throw bricks at the temple, and he hates deeply the fact that there are no bricks and no temples
    -Stephen Crane

What is a ziped folder? It doesn't CTD. It has all the factions including Brutii and Scipii, and when I start a campaign, it goes back to single-player menu.

What is a ziped folder? It doesn't CTD. It has all the factions including Brutii and Scipii, and when I start a campaign, it goes back to single-player menu.
    Ziped as in what it looks like when you firstdownloaded the file. in .zip form
    Could you please use Show_Err and report back.
    DoH
    -Stephen Crane

It said it couldn't find description for Greek Heavy Cavalry.

For the Auxillias i am thinking 3 turns for Lv.1 4 for lv.2 6 for lv.3
    -Stephen Crane

What do I do now?

You have installed the patch?
    Its strange, no one else is having this problem
    -Stephen Crane

I have the 1.3 patch, yes. I don't know why this happening though.

I have the 1.3 patch, yes. I don't know why this happening though.
    Not 1.3
    What hellenes released a few days ago. It was two files export dscr building and exprot dscr unit
    -Stephen Crane

Yes, I got that too. I'm going to reinstall RTW, maybe that will help.

Quote Originally Posted by Destroyer of Hope
    Basicly that is the idea. We are using just a simplyfied version of RTR's ZoR. The Auxillia will allow you to recuirt your own units in your non starting territorys.
    So one needs to build/train a certain level of Auxilia before being able to train one's own troops in that province?
    Can the Auxilia be built/trained in a conquered province, or does it have to be from a home province?
    And after making one troop, shall a new Auxilia be required?

Quote Originally Posted by King Malcolm
    So one needs to build/train a certain level of Auxilia before being able to train one's own troops in that province?
    Can the Auxilia be built/trained in a conquered province, or does it have to be from a home province?
    And after making one troop, shall a new Auxilia be required?
    An auxillia is built in a conquered province and then you can recuirt your own units as long as you have the orginal building needed. In your starting proviences you do not need an auxillia. The Auxillia last as long as you hold the province.
    -Stephen Crane

Whats the hold up?

sorry i lost alot of my data on hariden so i have to do it by hand and i have been busy will finish soon hopfuly
    -Stephen Crane

I have sent the finished auxillia files to hellenes he will release the final files for 1.1
    -Stephen Crane

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123