i dig it, so make more of em :)

greetz

HahnHolio
    In the beginning there was nothing.
    so god said:'let there be light'.
    and there was still nothing,
    but you could see better." style="float:left;margin:0 10px 0 0;" />

Default Re: Crusader TW

Thanks, soon we'll finish all templar units!

Hospitallers senior brothers in arms!

New screenshot!
    Egyptian Caliph's Guard!

Excellent job!
    How could someone support the mod ??
    Is it based on historical accuracy,or it doesnt matters so much. ?cause there are some mistakes about the Byzantines.
    But anyway its really great so far!
    Last edited by Seleukos; 01-05-2006 at 14:58.

Thanks!!!It is based on historical accuracy, so if you want to suggest something post here or in our subforum on twcenter.

Templar Heavy Cavalry, very soon hospitaller heavy cavalry too!

Templar Sergeants! i hope you'll like them!

Last edited by KonstantinosXI; 01-07-2006 at 15:07.

And now: Hospitaller sergeants!

Last edited by KonstantinosXI; 01-06-2006 at 21:00.

Hospitaller adepts!

Now i started to do some Teutonic Units!
    Teutonic Sergeants

Templar brother in arms!

New preview! Teutonic brothers in arms!

Last edited by KonstantinosXI; 01-08-2006 at 15:52.

United on Earth Member al'Callaendor's Avatar

Default Re : Crusader TW

Very nice work, continue
    The Wheel of Time turns and Ages come and go, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth,
    and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth returns again. In the Third Age, an Age of
    Prophecy, the World and Time themselves hang in the balance. What was, what will be, and what is, may yet
    fall under the Shadow

Twice and twice shall he be marked,
    Twice to live, and twice to die.
    Once the heron, to set his path.
    Twice the heron, to name him true.
    Once the dragon, for remembrance lost.
    Twice the dragon, for the price he must pay.

Default Re: Re : Crusader TW

Hospitaller brothers in arms!

Last edited by KonstantinosXI; 01-08-2006 at 15:51.

Default Re: Re : Crusader TW

Teutonic Adepts!

Last edited by KonstantinosXI; 01-08-2006 at 15:50.

Other previews!!

Templar adepts

Teutonic heavy cavalry

Teutonic senior brothers in ams

In these days i have done as more units as possible, because tomorrow i'll restart school , and i'll make less units!
    Last edited by KonstantinosXI; 01-08-2006 at 15:48.

The Teutonic Order:

HISTORY:

The Teutonic Order was a German crusading military order under Roman Catholic religious vows formed at the end of the 12th century in Acre in Palestine. They wore white coats with a black cross. After Christian forces were defeated in the Middle East, they moved to Transylvania in 1211, but were expelled in 1225. The knights moved to northern Poland, where they soon created the independent Teutonic Order state. The aggression of the Order posed a threat to the neighbouring states, especially Poland and Lithuania. In 1410 at the Battle of Grunwald (Tannenberg), a Polish-Lithuanian army decisively defeated the Order and broke its military power. The power of the Order steadily declined until 1525 when its Grand Master, Albert of Brandenburg, converted to Lutheranism and assumed the title and rights of hereditary Duke of Prussia. The Grand Masters continued to preside over the Order's considerable holdings in Germany until 1809, when Napoleon ordered its dissolution and the Order lost its last secular holdings. However, the order continued to exist, headed by Habsburgs through the First World War, and today operates primarily with charitable aims.

UNITS:

Grandmaster:

Standard bearer:

Infantry:

Adepts: The Adepts are little more than Order in the making. Although they are already knights, as the Order requires, they have just begun their secretive training to become the best fighters in the Holy Land. Soon, they will complete their training and be molded into the greatest warriors in the Holy land and the servants of one of the most influential Holy Orders. Until that day arrives, they will reinforce the Knights of the Order as auxiliary units.

Sergeants: These Order fighters have entered training as Knights of the Order and have proved themselves in battle. The sergeants are equipped as light cavalry or infantry in order to support the powerful Knights of the Order charges. Drawn from a lower social class than the knights, they do not maintain the same authority, but they are more effective and better trained than most other men-at-arms.

Brothers in arms: During the High Middle Ages, it was technically possible for every free man to become a knight, but the process of becoming (and the equipping of) a knight was very expensive; thus it was more likely that a knight would come from a noble (or wealthy) family. The process of being knighted began before adolescence, inside the prospective knight’s own home, where he was taught courtesy and appropriate manners. Around the age of 7 years, he would be sent away to train and serve at a grander household as a page. Here, he would serve as a kind of waiter and personal servant, entertaining and serving food to his elders. He would learn basic hunting and falconry, and also various battle skills such as taking care of, preparing, and riding horses, as well as use of weapons and armor. At about fourteen years of age, the page was assigned to a knight to serve as his personal companion and aide, as a squire. This allowed the squire to observe his master while he was in battle, in order to learn from his techniques. He also acted as a servant to the knight, taking care of his master’s equipment and horse. This was to uphold the knight’s code of Chivalry, which promoted generosity, courtesy, compassion, and most importantly, loyalty. Once the squire had established sufficient mastery of the required skills, he was dubbed a knight. There was no set age for this, but it usually occurred between the ages of seventeen and twenty-one. In the early period, the procedure began with the squire praying into the night. He was then bathed, and in the morning he was dressed in a white shirt, gold tunic, purple cloak, and was knighted by his king or lord. As the Middle Ages progressed, the process changed. The squire was made to vow that he would obey the regulations of chivalry, and never flee from battle. Then women would buckle on his armor. A squire could also be knighted on the battlefield, in which a lord simply struck him on the shoulder and said, “Be thou a knight.” Dismounted Knights on the battlefield are the pinnacle of warrior prowess with man being heavily-armored and well-trained, even without the warhorse for a mount. A knight’s typical weapon is the steel broadsword for hacking at the enemy up close. They are layered in chain-mail, some with crafted, steel plates to protect the vitals. The shield signifies the family or order in Europe, but by ‘Taking on the Cross,’ the knights bear the Holy Cross over their tunics and on their shields. These powerful warriors take on the might of Islam (and sometimes each other) for the Christian faith.

Senior brothers in arms: These warriors serve as the ultimate fighting unit for theCrusader armies. They have taken vows of poverty, chastity, and eternal service to maintain the Crusader States. Fighting as heavy cavalry or heavy infantry, they have been perceived as unstoppable. The concept is that of an elite fighting force that is able to stand against larger forces. A force of only eighty Knights Templar, riding to the aid of King Baldwin IV’s small army, proved enough to turn the tide. These warriors are dedicated and fierce in battle for good reason. According to their vows, a Templar must never be taken alive. Therefore, they always fight to the last, which terrifies their Moslem foes.

Cavalry:

Mounted sergeants: These Order fighters have entered training as Knights of the Order and have proved themselves in battle. The sergeants are equipped as light cavalry or infantry in order to support the powerful Knights of the Order charges. Drawn from a lower social class than the knights, they do not maintain the same authority, but they are more effective and better trained than most other men-at-arms.

Heavy cavalry: These warriors serve as the ultimate fighting unit for theCrusader armies. They have taken vows of poverty, chastity, and eternal service to maintain the Crusader States. Fighting as heavy cavalry or heavy infantry, they have been perceived as unstoppable. The concept is that of an elite fighting force that is able to stand against larger forces. A force of only eighty Knights Templar, riding to the aid of King Baldwin IV’s small army, proved enough to turn the tide. These warriors are dedicated and fierce in battle for good reason. According to their vows, a Templar must never be taken alive. Therefore, they always fight to the last, which terrifies their Moslem foes.

Grandmaster bodyguards: Every order and nation must have its leaders. The Templars, Teutons, and Hospitallers are no exceptions. The Grand Master commands the Holy Order and manages its tasks. As the commander of a mighty force of elite knights and sergeants, the Grand Master must have an elite bodyguard of knights at his disposal. They fight as heavy cavalry with heavy chain-mail and long lances. They are all veterans and are always prepared to face the forces of the Turks or Saracens.

Skirmish:

Turcopole auxilia: The Teutonic Order called its own native light cavalry the "Turkopolen". Mercenary knights are sometimes hired for a campaign, during which they will ride as confreres of the Order. Mercenary engineers, crossbowmen, and other infantry might be rushed in to a city that was expected to stand siege. But these cases are temporary and of comparatively small scale. The Order has a permanent force of mercenary 'turcopoles'. Turcopoles are for the most part natives of Outremer, raised and trained locally. They serve as light cavalry: skirmishers, scouts, and mounted archers, and sometimes ride as a second line in a charge, to back up the knights and sergeants. Turcopoles have lighter, faster horses than knights or even sergeants, and they wear much lighter armor usually only a quilted aketon and a conical steel helmet.

Elite archers: A composite bow is made from different materials laminated together, usually applied under tension. Archers of the European factions typically prefer these bows because they have been used for centuries. Europeans, by their view of chivalrous Knights as the purest form of nobility, disdain archery as the weapon of peasants, brigands, and cowards. Archers, however, are necessary to support the infantry and cavalry units of Crusader armies, as the Moslems cannot be matched in speed by the Knights. However, the composite bowmen are able to shoot them from afar, which the noble Knights cannot.

Arbalesters: The French have improved the crossbow and created an elite unit to face the enemies of France. The arbalest was a late variation of the medieval European crossbow. A larger weapon, the arbalest had a steel prod ("bow"). Since an arbalest was much larger than earlier crossbows, and because of the greater tensile strength of steel, it had a greater force. A skilled arbalestier could shoot two bolts per minute. Arbalests were sometimes considered inhumane or unfair weapons, since an inexperienced crossbowman could use one to kill a knight who had a lifetime of training. Similarly, these awesome could be used against the Moslems in the Holy Land.

I hope you liked it!

Today i started the italian factions!

Genouese armoured pavesiers!

Forsmark, Sweden, where the radiation keeps me warm.

Looking good!
    I support the Pike and Musket:Total War

Also Europa Barbarorum supporter!

Scherani\Comunal lancers

Bellatores navales, heavy infantry of the republic of Venice.

Genouese Scherani:

Venetian Scherani:

Forsmark, Sweden, where the radiation keeps me warm.

You really make fast progress and everything looks so good. Keep it up!
    I support the Pike and Musket:Total War

Also Europa Barbarorum supporter!

Thanks! For the units there aren't problems...but with the map yes...we need a good mapper to fix our map....

Brabancon mercenaries

HISTORY:

While Baldwin of Boulogne and Tancred headed east from Asia Minor to set up the County of Edessa, the main army of the First Crusade continued south to besiege Antioch. Bohemund of Taranto led the siege, beginning in October, 1097. With over four hundred towers, the city was almost impenetrable. The siege lasted throughout the winter, with much suffering among the Crusaders, who were often forced to eat their own horses, or, as legend has it, the bodies of their fellow Christians who had not survived.
    However, Bohemund convinced a guard in one of the towers, a former Christian named Firouz, to let the Crusaders enter the city. He did so on June 3, 1098, and a massacre of the Muslim inhabitants followed. Only four days later, a Muslim army from Mosul led by Kerbogha arrived to besiege the Crusaders themselves. Alexius I Comnenus, the Byzantine emperor, was on his way to assist the Crusaders, but turned back when he heard the city had already been retaken.
    However, the Crusaders were withstanding the siege, with help from a mystic named Peter Bartholomew. Peter claimed he had been visited by St. Andrew, who told him that the Holy Lance, which had pierced Christ's side as he was on the cross, was located in Antioch. The cathedral of St. Peter was excavated, and the Lance was discovered by Peter himself. Although Peter most likely planted it there himself (even the papal legate Adhemar of Le Puy believed this to be the case), it helped raise the spirits of the Crusaders. With the newly discovered relic at the head of the army, Bohemund marched out to meet Kerbogha, who was miraculously defeated — miraculously, according to the Crusaders, because an army of saints had appeared to help them on the battlefield.
    There was a lengthy dispute over who should control the city. Bohemund and the other Italian Normans eventually won, and Bohemund named himself prince. Bohemund was already prince (allodial lord) of Taranto in Italy, and he desired to continue such independence in his new lordship; thus he did not attempt to receive the title of Duke from the Byzantine Emperor (in whose name he had taken an oath to fight), nor any other title with deep feudal obligations, such as count. Meanwhile, an unknown epidemic spread throughout the Crusader camp; Adhemar of Le Puy was one of the victims.
    Bohemond was captured in battle with the Danishmends in 1100, and his nephew Tancred became regent. Tancred expanded the borders of the Principality, taking the cities of Tarsus and Latakia from the Byzantine Empire. Bohemund was released in 1103, but left Tancred as regent again when he went to Italy to raise more troops in 1105. He used these troops to attack the Byzantines in 1107, and when he was defeated at Dyrrhachium in 1108 he was forced by Alexius I to sign the Treaty of Devol, which would make Antioch a vassal state of the Byzantine Empire upon Bohemund's death; Bohemund had actually promised to return any land that was reconquered when the Crusaders passed through Constantinople in 1097. Bohemund also fought Aleppo with Baldwin and Joscelin of the County of Edessa; when Baldwin and Joscelin were captured, Tancred became regent in Edessa as well. Bohemund left Tancred as regent once more and returned to Italy, where he died in 1111.
    Alexius wanted Tancred to return the Principality entirely to Byzantium, but Tancred was supported by the County of Tripoli and the Kingdom of Jerusalem; Tancred, in fact, had been the only Crusade leader who did not swear to return conquered land to Alexius (though none of the other leaders, including Bohemund, kept their oaths anyway). Tancred died in 1112 and was succeeded by Bohemund II, under the regency of Tancred's nephew Roger of Salerno, who defeated a Seljuk attack in 1113.
    However, on June 27, 1119, Roger was killed at the Ager Sanguinis (the Field of Blood), and Antioch became a vassal state of Jerusalem with King Baldwin II as regent until 1126 (although Baldwin spent much of this time in captivity in Aleppo). Bohemund II, who married Baldwin's daughter Alice, ruled for only four short years, and the Principality was inherited by his young daughter Constance; Baldwin II acted as regent again until his death in 1131, when Fulk of Jerusalem took power. In 1136 Constance, still only 10 years old, married Raymond of Poitiers, who was 36.
    Raymond, like his predecessors, attacked the Byzantine province of Cilicia. This time, however, Emperor John II Comnenus fought back. He arrived in Antioch in 1138 and forced Raymond to swear fealty to him, but a riot instigated by Joscelin II of Edessa forced him to leave. John had plans to reconquer all the Crusader states, but he died in 1142.

UNITS:

Infantry:

Pilgrims: These men come from all Europe to see the Holy land, were Jesus Christ lived and died; they are very fanatic and sometimes they are recruite by Crusader rulers, but they aren't a strong unit.

Syrian infantry: These light soldiers are recruited from the native population of the Holy land; They are almost of Muslim religion, so they aren't so loyal to their catholic rulers, but they are good as basic infantry.They are able to fight as light spearmen or as good archers.

Frank feudal Militia: when the European crusaders created their won kingdom they took there the fedual system.These men are professional soldiers; they fight with a sword and they are a good infantry unit.

Men-at-arms: These soldiers are the typical soldiers that serve under the knights. Unlike the lower classes, these men have enough money to buy heavy chain-mail, a kite shield, a dome helmet, and a steel broadsword. These men fight on foot and horseback, depending on the needs of the commanding lord or king. Their first loyalty belongs to the knight that they serve, so they will typically follow his orders and can be difficult to manage (May charge without orders) for the general in command. They are not only effective cavalry and infantry units, but hey are also much cheaper than the Knights of Europe. Also, the Knight must pay the majority, allowing a commander to access these powerful units in abundance. However, these units depend on the Knight’s willingness to serve for the duration of the battle, so the commander should remain aware of the morale of the Knight in addition to his men-at-arms.

Dismounted Knights: During the High Middle Ages, it was technically possible for every free man to become a knight, but the process of becoming (and the equipping of) a knight was very expensive; thus it was more likely that a knight would come from a noble (or wealthy) family. The process of being knighted began before adolescence, inside the prospective knight’s own home, where he was taught courtesy and appropriate manners. Around the age of 7 years, he would be sent away to train and serve at a grander household as a page. Here, he would serve as a kind of waiter and personal servant, entertaining and serving food to his elders. He would learn basic hunting and falconry, and also various battle skills such as taking care of, preparing, and riding horses, as well as use of weapons and armor. At about fourteen years of age, the page was assigned to a knight to serve as his personal companion and aide, as a squire. This allowed the squire to observe his master while he was in battle, in order to learn from his techniques. He also acted as a servant to the knight, taking care of his master’s equipment and horse. This was to uphold the knight’s code of Chivalry, which promoted generosity, courtesy, compassion, and most importantly, loyalty. Once the squire had established sufficient mastery of the required skills, he was dubbed a knight. There was no set age for this, but it usually occurred between the ages of seventeen and twenty-one. In the early period, the procedure began with the squire praying into the night. He was then bathed, and in the morning he was dressed in a white shirt, gold tunic, purple cloak, and was knighted by his king or lord. As the Middle Ages progressed, the process changed. The squire was made to vow that he would obey the regulations of chivalry, and never flee from battle. Then women would buckle on his armor. A squire could also be knighted on the battlefield, in which a lord simply struck him on the shoulder and said, “Be thou a knight.” Dismounted Knights on the battlefield are the pinnacle of warrior prowess with man being heavily-armored and well-trained, even without the warhorse for a mount. A knight’s typical weapon is the steel broadsword for hacking at the enemy up close. They are layered in chain-mail, some with crafted, steel plates to protect the vitals. The shield signifies the family or order in Europe, but by ‘Taking on the Cross,’ the knights bear the Holy Cross over their tunics and on their shields. These powerful warriors take on the might of Islam (and sometimes each other) for the Christian faith.

Cavalry:

Turcopole: The Teutonic Order called its own native light cavalry the "Turkopolen". Mercenary knights are sometimes hired for a campaign, during which they will ride as confreres of the Order. Mercenary engineers, crossbowmen, and other infantry might be rushed in to a city that was expected to stand siege. But these cases are temporary and of comparatively small scale. The Order has a permanent force of mercenary 'turcopoles'. Turcopoles are for the most part natives of Outremer, raised and trained locally. They serve as light cavalry: skirmishers, scouts, and mounted archers, and sometimes ride as a second line in a charge, to back up the knights and sergeants. Turcopoles have lighter, faster horses than knights or even sergeants, and they wear much lighter armor usually only a quilted aketon and a conical steel helmet.

Sergeants: These Order fighters have entered training as Knights of the Order and have proved themselves in battle, but they are forced to serve also in the army of the nation in which they are. The sergeants are equipped as light cavalry or infantry in order to support the powerful Knights of the Order charges. Drawn from a lower social class than the knights, they do not maintain the same authority, but they are more effective and better trained than most other men-at-arms.

Heavy Cavalry: During the High Middle Ages, it was technically possible for every free man to become a knight, but the process of becoming (and the equipping of) a knight was very expensive; thus it was more likely that a knight would come from a noble (or wealthy) family. The process of being knighted began before adolescence, inside the prospective knight’s own home, where he was taught courtesy and appropriate manners. Around the age of 7 years, he would be sent away to train and serve at a grander household as a page. Here, he would serve as a kind of waiter and personal servant, entertaining and serving food to his elders. He would learn basic hunting and falconry, and also various battle skills such as taking care of, preparing, and riding horses, as well as use of weapons and armor. At about fourteen years of age, the page was assigned to a knight to serve as his personal companion and aide, as a squire. This allowed the squire to observe his master while he was in battle, in order to learn from his techniques. He also acted as a servant to the knight, taking care of his master’s equipment and horse. This was to uphold the knight’s code of Chivalry, which promoted generosity, courtesy, compassion, and most importantly, loyalty. Once the squire had established sufficient mastery of the required skills, he was dubbed a knight. There was no set age for this, but it usually occurred between the ages of seventeen and twenty-one. In the early period, the procedure began with the squire praying into the night. He was then bathed, and in the morning he was dressed in a white shirt, gold tunic, purple cloak, and was knighted by his king or lord. As the Middle Ages progressed, the process changed. The squire was made to vow that he would obey the regulations of chivalry, and never flee from battle. Then women would buckle on his armor. A squire could also be knighted on the battlefield, in which a lord simply struck him on the shoulder and said, “Be thou a knight.” Knights on the battlefield are the pinnacle of Western heavy cavalry with man and horse both being heavily-armored and well-trained. A knight’s typical weapons are a 15-foot lance for dismounting opponents and piercing armor and a steel broadsword for hacking at the enemy up close. They are layered in chain-mail, some with crafted, steel plates to protect the vitals. The shield signifies the family or order in Europe, but by ‘Taking on the Cross,’ the knights bear the Holy Cross over their tunics and on their shields. These powerful warriors take on the might of Islam (and sometimes each other) for the Christian faith.

Skirmish:

Syrian Archers: These light soldiers are recruited from the native population of the Holy land; They are almost of Muslim religion, so they aren't so loyal to their catholic rulers, but they are good as basic infantry. They are able to fight as light spearmen or as good archers.

Syrian Crossbowmen: These men are good native crossbowmen. they learned to use this new weapon with the first Crusade, so they aren't still so good, but with a bit of training the could become as Christian Crossbowmen.

Frank Crossbowmen: Crossbowmen are effective range units of the European armies. A crossbow consists of a prod, similar in appearance to a bow, mounted on a stock, which has a mechanism to wind and shoot its bolts. These bolts are typically called quarrels, and do not depend upon lift as arrows do. Crossbow bolts must be made to have consistent weights as the mechanical process of engaging a bolt forces a more uniform process than that of using a bow and arrow. The prod ("bow") and stock of a crossbow were made of good hardwood, such as oak or hard maple. The central European bows were rather exotic as they were constructed of inlays as well as specialized woods. The prod is attached to the stock with hemp rope, linen, whipcord, or other strong cording. This cording is called the bridle of the crossbow. This consistent performance was part of what made the crossbow historically a significant force in warfare. Crossbowmen are meant to pierce through enemy armor and flesh at range and ease the way for the knights.

Arbalestriers: The French have improved the crossbow and created an elite unit to face the enemies of France. The arbalest was a late variation of the medieval European crossbow. A larger weapon, the arbalest had a steel prod ("bow"). Since an arbalest was much larger than earlier crossbows, and because of the greater tensile strength of steel, it had a greater force. A skilled arbalestier could shoot two bolts per minute. Arbalests were sometimes considered inhumane or unfair weapons, since an inexperienced crossbowman could use one to kill a knight who had a lifetime of training. Similarly, these awesome could be used against the Moslems in the Holy Land.

Oh my lord, everything is so amazing... so... very... amazing. Wow. Ok then. Wow. Happiness.

I created this new model and texture. He is supposed to be Farinata degli Uberti, a great Condottiero of Florence during the first half of XIII century.
    In your opinion would it be better to put it as a general or as an elite unit?

The image from which i take inspiration:

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast