Thread: Eu2 1.09

Mediæval Auctoriso Member Member TheSilverKnight's Avatar

Default Eu2 1.09

For any Eu2 fans out there, the 1.09 patch has been released for Eu2! Finally

Linkage for download -
    http://www.paradoxplaza.com/Downloads.asp

Linkage for changes, etc.

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...d.php?t=222052

Enjoy all, I know I will
    "I'm like the Vikings -- I come here, I steal your women, your booze, your dough, and then I go back home." ~ Wiz
    "Play RTW and wait till 1,000 people die and look at them from above. Then tell me it was worth the oil." - Byzantine Prince

Bored Avid Gamer Member Alrowan's Avatar
    Sydney, Australia... that place down under...

Default Re: Eu2 1.09

CA should take a page form thier book, EU2 is old as far as games go, yet they still support thier products
    Llew Cadeyrn/Alrowan - Chieftain of Clan Raven

Last time I played extensively was many months ago, maybe with patch 1.04 or 1.05. For a strange reason I had many CTDs with 1.07, so I sort of abandoned the game.
    I wonder if I'll notice drastic changes from 1.04/05 to 1.09, though it seems a good incentive for reinstalling the game.
    Definately it's really impressive that they keep pulling out patches after so long.
    [VDM]Alexandros
    -------------------------------------------
    DUX: a VI MP enhancement mod
    -Version 0.4 is out
    -Comments/Technical Problems are welcome here
    -New forum on upcoming DUX tourney and new site (under construction).

Last time I played this game it was with 1.07... when i get over my Civ4 addiction (and/or EB and Hegemonia TW mods aren't out yet...) I'll give it a rerun. Loved that game!

What about the Vicky patch? I was eagerly awaiting it for ages... still am, actually!!!
    When the going gets tough, the tough shit their pants

Prematurely Anti-Fascist Senior Member Aurelian's Avatar

Question: Has there been any serious upgrade to the AI? I got the game soon after it came out, and played it quite a bit, but the horrible AI caused me to lose interest. I read the list of changes and fixes for the new patch and noticed that the AI was supposed to do better with trade issues... have there been any other AI improvements in any of the earlier patches?

Can anyone tell me if they solved the problem of the AI forgetting it's plan which caused it to become dormant once you got well into the game?

_________Designed to match Original STW gameplay.

Beta 8 + Beta 8.1 patch + New Maps + Sound add-on + Castles 2

Can anyone tell me if they solved the problem of the AI forgetting it's plan which caused it to become dormant once you got well into the game?
    How can you discern that Yuuki?
    Ofcourse I remember in my first campaigns with powerful nations, that after a tedious beginning, you can start conquering the world quite easily, to the point where the challenge is whether you 'll be able to hold more than 50% of the world before the time runs out (though some nasty events can be a setback to such aspirations).
    I also just installed EU and the patch and started a (supposedly) suicidal Byzantium Grand Campaign in normal, but around 1450 or so I 'm thinking of setting it to Hard, as even after some inicial vicious Ottoman attacks and financial problems, I've started annexing some of my weaker neighbours..
    [VDM]Alexandros
    -Version 0.4 is out

When was this game released?
    "Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite." - John Kenneth Galbraith

Bored Avid Gamer Member Alrowan's Avatar
    Sydney, Australia... that place down under...

its old as far as games go, but its completly timless
    Llew Cadeyrn/Alrowan - Chieftain of Clan Raven

Quote Originally Posted by L'Impresario
    How can you discern that Yuuki?
    I don't know how it was determined. Tempiic told me the game had this problem. So, eventhough I bought the game I never played it for that reason. I wasn't inclined to climb the learning curve only to find that the SP game was broken.

_________Designed to match Original STW gameplay.

Beta 8 + Beta 8.1 patch + New Maps + Sound add-on + Castles 2

Sorry to say so, but this sounds a bit absurd heh
    I had played an entire Grand Campaign with vanilla EU2 and I didn't even this could the reason it was easy after a while. Now, it seems that each patch version (I 've tried 4 so far) gets somewhat harder - a natural thing with the AI tweaks. The learning curve is also not that prohibiting for just checking the game out (see Vicky and HOI).
    I can only say that it's definate worth a try, you might even get a bit addicted;)
    [VDM]Alexandros
    -Version 0.4 is out

Quote Originally Posted by Gelatinous Cube
    Vicky patch is slated for January.

Hear Hear! I should visit paradoxplaza a bit more often
    When the going gets tough, the tough shit their pants

Senior member Senior Member Dutch_guy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gelatinous Cube
    Oh yeah. 1.3a for HoI2, 1.09 for EU2.. next up is the one I'm looking forward to most: 1.04 for Vicky.
    Would you mind explaining what the HOI2 1.3a patch added to the game ?

Cant find anything usefull over at the HOI2 forums at their official site, other than that hte game is said to be a lot harder than it was before.

I'm an athiest. I get offended everytime I see a cold, empty room. - MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch_guy
    Would you mind explaining what the HOI2 1.3a patch added to the game ?

Cant find anything usefull over at the HOI2 forums at their official site, other than that hte game is said to be a lot harder than it was before.

The game is a lot harder than it was before.
    Common Unreflected Drinking Only Smartens

Senior member Senior Member Dutch_guy's Avatar

That sounds great, I'll give it a go.

Long time since I've played though.

I'm an athiest. I get offended everytime I see a cold, empty room. - MRD

Insomniac and tired of it Senior Member Slyspy's Avatar

I've been playing EU2 for years and still love it. I love the weird and wacky things the AI gets up to when you are not looking! Never seen the AI doze off in EU2, but I have seen it in HOI2 (when you reload from a save it magically wakes up) but I am not sure if it has been fixed in 1.3a.
    "Put 'em in blue coats, put 'em in red coats, the bastards will run all the same!"

"The English are a strange people....They came here in the morning, looked at the wall, walked over it, killed the garrison and returned to breakfast. What can withstand them?"

I still get a lot of trade offers everytime I load a game, far more than if I just let it roll. I suspect that it is not entirely fixed.
    "Put 'em in blue coats, put 'em in red coats, the bastards will run all the same!"

"The English are a strange people....They came here in the morning, looked at the wall, walked over it, killed the garrison and returned to breakfast. What can withstand them?"

So an AI that doesn't re-evaluate the situation every now and then without a reload isn't at least a bit sleepy? Still not quite right if you ask me! But that's the joy of Paradox games.

I wasn't setting up an argument, this is not the back room after all. Its just that my experience suggests to me that the issue is not entirely fixed. But Paradox tends to fix things eventually (and add new bugs at the same time lol) so I may well be wrong, as you say. Their games are still great even if they are never quite working as designed!

Quote Originally Posted by TheSilverKnight View Post
    For any Eu2 fans out there, the 1.09 patch has been released for Eu2! Finally
    )
    Do you have a download of it? This does not seem to work