Page 4 of 132 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast

Thread: HAIL New Members! (Introduction) v.III

Default Re: HAIL New Members! (Introduction) v.III

Just a quick question. Should I buy the Viking Invasion, or just patch up my regular MTW? I'm not really interested in the new campaign, so are the new things added to the VI similar to the ones I get by patching up the original game?
    Also, has any one of you tried the Shogun mod MTW? How does it compare in terms of gameplay to the STW (I'm have limited disk space and want to play both of them, so why not just mod MTW, skip on STW)? Is it stable? Thanks and merry Christmas 2 u all!
    Becoming one with your sword means not becoming / one with your soul realizing who you already are / everything / that there is nothing to become.

Urwendur Ûrîbêl Senior Member Mouzafphaerre's Avatar

The expansion adds a lot to the original game. I don't remember all of them and I'm afraid there is no handy reference that I'm aware of, but suffice to say all mods are for the VI'ed MTW and modding potential is increased by at least two times with the expansion. There are also plenty of gameplay and engine enhancements. I urge you to get VI and then patch up to 2.01.

Unlike the 1.3 and 1.5 patches for RTW, which enable the upgrades of BI and 1.6 for the original game, respectively, there is no VI equivalent patch for MTW. 1.1 is pretty outdated and 2.01 works only with VI.
    Last edited by Mouzafphaerre; 12-17-2005 at 13:34.
    Ja mata Tosa Inu-sama, Hore Tore, Adrian II, Sigurd, Fragony

Mouzafphaerre is known elsewhere as Urwendil/Urwendur/Kibilturg...

Hello people! I'm ][Sith][Darth_x-dANGEr, co-founder of Sith clan, been playing this game since it's out. First time for me on here because I find this system a little complicated, and time-demanding to get a user going. But at last, I'm here :)
    "Cry, the beloved country, for the unborn child that is the inheritor of our fear. Let him not love the earth too deeply. Let him not laugh too gladly when the water runs through his fingers, nor stand too silent when the setting sun makes red the veld with fire. Let him not be moved when the birds of his land are singing, nor give too much of his heart to a mountain or a valley. For fear will rob him of all if he gives too much."

Cry, the Beloved Country by Alan Paton.

Hi Nikpalj,

In order to get a lot of the cool mods and stuff that people talk about, you need to get VI. A couple of years ago I bought only MTW, but now wish I would have bought the Battle Collection, which includes both MTW and VI (Battle Collection is now cheaper to purchase then the VI expansion, by the way).

As far as Shogun is concerned, I've never played it and don't really know that much about it. However, if I'm not mistaken, Shogun is a whole 'nother game and does not require that MTW to be installed (but I will defer that to the Showgun experts here on the Guild).
    "I have a catapult. Give me all your gold & silver or I will fling an enormous rock at your head." - an ancient Roman thief.

Shogun is the first, original and archaic TotalWar. AFAIK Medieval is made using Shogun's engine but aside from that they are totally different.

Arrogant Ashigaru Moderator Ludens's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Lightbulb Re: HAIL New Members! (Introduction) v.III

Quote Originally Posted by Mouzafphaerre
    Shogun is the first, original and archaic TotalWar. AFAIK Medieval is made using Shogun's engine but aside from that they are totally different.
    Indeed. Medieval is Shogun+, with more features and more diversity, but sadly less atmosphere and somewhat less balance. Shogun itself is an independent game, but there is also a Shogun mod for M:TW VI called Samurai Wars. Some people claim it is better than the original. You can find the Samurai Wars forum here (link). We also discussed the Mod in this thread (link).
    Looking for a good read? Visit the Library!

Welcome to the .org Krook mate .

Also welcome to Tanit, Alexios, Zorba, maelgwyn, and x-dANGEr.

Enjoy yourselves.

Welcome Alameda

No need to hide

The Sword of Rome Member Marcellus's Avatar

Welcome new members!
    "Look I’ve got my old pledge card a bit battered and crumpled we said we’d provide more turches churches teachers and we have I can remember when people used to say the Japanese are better than us the Germans are better than us the French are better than us well it’s great to be able to say we’re better than them I think Mr Kennedy well we all congratulate on his baby and the Tories are you remembering what I’m remembering boom and bust negative equity remember Mr Howard I mean are you thinking what I’m thinking I’m remembering it’s all a bit wonky isn’t it?"

-Wise words from John Prescott

Welcome to the .org Alameda, enjoy yourself.

Member Senior Member Proletariat's Avatar

Hi, Alameda. Welcome to the Org!

My lordy. . .

I finally realised i can only post in this particular forum after 3 or 4 agonising days of re-registering and head thumping (an auto Private Message explaining this fact upon registering wouldn't hurt ya know. . .) "All that said", I'm positively chuffed to finally be here!

I've played and loved all the Total War games except the Viking Invasion Expansion for Medieval (the pre patch instant death at 54 years thing totally turned me off and by the time i grew [a little] bored of vanilla Medieval; Rome Total War arrived).

I recently aquired Barbarian Invasion although i must admit, that although its features truly rock, i'm much more keen on the time period and factions in vanila Rome Total War. Still, more Total War is a godsend and i'll soon jump right into the expansion as soon as i utterly dominate the world with my glorious Scipii (for the third time).

Waaay back in the Shogun days i registered with the much hated Gamespy Network (personal opinion, mind you) and enjoyed a few Online Multiplayer battles until i nearly collapsed into a deep psychosis over my dial up connection dramas. . .(i GIGLAN Rome all the time these days, however). My username back then was Seikou Senjutsu ('Unholy Ambition' is a poor translation).

Anyway, I'm Fr3Nzy these days and in many other games and forums (FPS'ers, 40k Online etc).

I'm truly pleased to be here!

Oh BTW, is there any rumours on the next Total War game for PC? I know there's a fairly hardcore historical bias in the series and think that's great but eventually they'll run out of periods (for Europe anyway, pre industrial, and Napoleonic and later eras don't really do it for me, personally). I'm not advocating fantasy, but mythological or romanticised Ancient Periods (like Sumeria, Egypt under the actual ancient Egyptians etc would be awesome.)

Asia would also be fantastic to revisit methinks. China this time tho, the '3 Kingdoms' period (at least i think that's what it's commonly known as) before unification.

Anyhow, Greetings to you all!

Game on!

Welcome to the org Fr3Nzy

Welcome to the .org Fr3Nzy

Quote Originally Posted by Fr3Nzy
    I recently aquired Barbarian Invasion although i must admit, that although its features truly rock, i'm much more keen on the time period and factions in vanila Rome Total War.
    I felt the same way when I first bought BI but soon after playing for a while I came to love the BI factions and time period.

Wojewoda Pruski Member Loucipher's Avatar

Hello there!
    I am Loucipher, the devilish touch to this fine forum :)
    I have been playing both S:TW and M:TW from the moment they hit the shelves. I always suspected that such brilliant games would have a community forum somewhere, but perhaps I was to lazy to look :)
    But then I came across one fine fellow on some other forum, and upon reading his sig there I realized that we share yet another interest :)
    Hail t'ye Mouzafphaerre, the respected L.I.B. brother, for pointing me towards here :)
    Loucipher
    Chancellor of the Void
    The Ninth Ring of Hell

"Vexilla regis prodeunt inferni
    verso di noi; però dinanzi mira",
    disse 'l maestro mio "se tu 'l discerni".

Dante Alighieri, La divina commedia, Canto XXXIV, 1-3

Hello Loucipher, welcome to the Org

Hope you enjoy your stay.

Hi everyone! I am new here, just registered last night. So, hi!

The Sword of Rome Member Marcellus's Avatar

Welcome to the Org, Tyler379, Loucipher and Fr3Nzy!
    "Look I’ve got my old pledge card a bit battered and crumpled we said we’d provide more turches churches teachers and we have I can remember when people used to say the Japanese are better than us the Germans are better than us the French are better than us well it’s great to be able to say we’re better than them I think Mr Kennedy well we all congratulate on his baby and the Tories are you remembering what I’m remembering boom and bust negative equity remember Mr Howard I mean are you thinking what I’m thinking I’m remembering it’s all a bit wonky isn’t it?"

-Wise words from John Prescott

Thank you Marcellus.

Welcome to the .org Loucipher and Tyler379, enjoy yourselves.

Welcome brother Loucipher and others!

Welcome all new members!

Nice to meet you everybody. I just got MTW, and I think it's an awesome game. I've read all of the guides here, and I'm amazed at how deep and complex the game can be. I haven't tried MP yet. Can newbies have a good time there, or do we just pretty much get in the way?

I'm looking forward to spending more time here once the mods give me access to the rest of the very interesting posts.

Merry Christmas!

Gunslinger
    'People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.'

—George Orwell

I've never played MTW, but i have RTW and its awsome!! I never played STW either.

I'm trying to log into MP for the first time, but I keep getting an "invalid CD key" message. I've tried the key several times with capital letters and without and with dashes and without. I bought my game at Wal-mart, so it's not a piracy issue.

If anyone has any ideas/advice I would appreciate it greatly.

BTW, MODS, I tried to post this in one of the Multiplayer threads. The bottom of the thread said You MAY post replies, but when I tried I got the access denied message several times. I couldn't think of another place to post besides here.

Thanks all,

Gunslinger
    'People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.'

—George Orwell

Type your CD key AS IT IS on the back of your manual.

For example: 9a99-9a99-aa9a-aa99-9999-9a99 (not a real cd key (i hope) but that's the layout).

Lower case letters.

that's what I did, but I still get the message.

Thank you for replying so quickly

gunslinger

—George Orwell

No problem. I don't understand why it doesn't work then. Maybe you should email CA or something, to send you a new CD Key.

Welcome to the Guild, by the way

Ok, I guess I'll try that. Thank you, and Merry Christmas!

—George Orwell

Page 4 of 132 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast