Thread: Are people still playing MP?

Default Are people still playing MP?

Well, I'm really bored at the moment and thinking of doing something fun. Do people play MP frequently? I'm thinkin of installing a new copy of MTW (I play XL) so that I can play MP for the first time. I'm gonna give it 15 mins if no one answers then that means no one is playing. I notice that almost everyone has played MP. I don't wanna miss something you know.

[edit]
    Well, GameSpy hasn't sent me a verification link. :(
    Last edited by Weebeast; 12-04-2005 at 08:31.

Default Re: Are people still playing MP?

Yeah, people play MP. The TW games have a small MP side though. On weekends at around 8pm GMT onwards there's 60 or so people playing, which is enough.

Of course ppl still plays it!

Not fair to give just 15 mins! And have u tried login in anyway without the verification thingy?

Come and join us anythime, Foxie will give u the grand tour

Lets
    Last edited by Arkell; 12-04-2005 at 20:53.

Many peeps still on depending on time of day of course. WeeBeast you welcome to join us m8! And dont get frustrated w/MP, its totally different ballgame than SP, but I'm sure there is players willing to help you out w/some tips. GL m8 hope to see you soon!
    Hunter King George Visit the Realm of the Hunters:
    Proud participant of the Code of Honor. Have you signed the code?

Ok thanks for the warm cookies. I have an account now. I just gotta install a fresh copy and I'll be there.

edit- I don't need a fresh install. XL uses new projectile and stuff. It's just that no one with 2.01 patch is playing now lol. It's day time in europe, right? What happened to insomniac America though?
    Last edited by Weebeast; 12-05-2005 at 07:30.

Today I got back to MP and stuff but I cant see any of the games that are being hosted, im using 2.01 so what is the problem? before I installed 2.01 I couldnt see any players in the lobby, but since ive installed it I can see the players but not the games even though there is clearly games that are requiring additional players.

Been a LONG time since ive played MP so i'm probably missing something obvious, any help would be appreciated.

VI players cannot see games hosted in MTW, and MTW players cannot see games hosted in VI. Also, the hosts were probably in a game already, so you couldn't see their games.

Hmm I see, I assumed most players would be using VI by now, what I meant by current games was that there were games watting for more players to join and hosts were asking for additional players to join but I couldnt see them.

Thanks for clearing this up anyway.

You also sometimes need to 'relog' from time to time, as this works as to refresh the lobby and then you can see the games. Provided u have the patches and stuffs.

Well I just played 3 2v2 battles but they were vanillists. It was cool for the first time. Hopefully VI people will get online sometime and take this noob to school.

just watch out for arkell --> he smells :P

just watch out for arkell --> he smells :P
    Gah! How dare u Scurvy!

Anyway beast, what timezone are you?

Quote Originally Posted by Arkell
    Gah! How dare u Scurvy!

Anyway beast, what timezone are you?
    Time zone or the time I get on computer? Time zone is -5 GMT, east coast US. I'm available in the morning or around late night. That should be around 6am to 12am in the UK lol.

Wow, that timezone/ur free time is quite hard to get ppl playing vi. I think i can safely say, many vi players starts about 18:00GMT till late night (because i noticed nowadays many brits/europeans play vi), but not as late as 06:00GMT. Altho in weekdays if u can log in around 22:00 your time, u might catch some Hunters still playing.

But in weekends there r more scattered in terms of timing. What is ur online name? Ill drop u a line when i see u and we can have some games.

Let
    Last edited by Arkell; 12-08-2005 at 09:44.

Yep! Most of us (Hunters) come on late...we love to hunt at night.
    Hunter King George Visit the Realm of the Hunters:
    Proud participant of the Code of Honor. Have you signed the code?

Time zone or the time I get on computer? Time zone is -5 GMT, east coast US.
    I'm in the same time zone and games can be hard to find if you don't wait 15-20 min for some games to finish. Lately I haven't had time to wait for any games to finish and the lobby seems a little slow.
    "IF YOUR ATTACK IS GOING TOO WELL, YOU'RE WALKING INTO AN AMBUSH."

"IF THE ENEMY IS IN RANGE, SO ARE YOU."

I'm in the same time zone and games can be hard to find if you don't wait 15-20 min for some games to finish
    Unfortunately about this time (23:00 to 24:00 GMT) yes, only a handfull of game being hosted, as this is what i call the 'half-time' whistle, which means, its time for the Brits/European goes to bed and time to wait for the Americans to come and play. 15 minutes wait is not too bad but of course not everybody have the patience to wait that long.

Anyway, if catch me in the lobyy lets have some games.

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter KIng George
    Yep! Most of us (Hunters) come on late...we love to hunt at night.
    ie. they have no life :P

noo there all very nice people, im often on weekdays after 8 and weekends sunday afternoons... (gmt)

What are your names? Mine is True_Cross. I'm done for today; had a long day. I'll see you probably this weekend.

We shall see each other on the battlefield this weekend yes

Lets True Cross

Very Senior Member Gawain of Orkeny's Avatar

Im there with Arkell every night. In fact Im going there right now. Hope to see more of you people there when the cold weather sets in.
    Fighting for Truth , Justice and the American way

None playing VI/MTW.Im so alone in this lobby

Hey Tam I know that feeling when your iching for some action and no ones there * had posted pics in a couple of forums of me and old chat mon holding the fort *

Good to here you have made a return btw

Tamer just woke up very early that day, everyone still asleep lol