Thread: How to keep the late game interesting

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Villiage Idiot Member antisocialmunky's Avatar

Default How to keep the late game interesting

I'm wondering how we could keep the late game, 50%+ of the map is conquered by one faction, interesting. I'm wondering if we could script triggers to better enemy generals or something. What about you guys?
    Fighting isn't about winning, it's about depriving your enemy of all options except to lose.

"Hi, Billy Mays Here!" 1958-2009

Default Re: How to keep the late game interesting

I think its an big problem on all campaigns.How to make the player intrested to the end. Honestly i dont have a clue how to achieve that.
    Ja Mata Tosainu Sama.

I think we could figure out a way to script it so that the AI begins getting really good generals at certain points in the game...

In the study I did, after a certain point(a very early point), the amount of farm land controlled withing a given perimeter, can sustain all garrison and border armies. There's nothing economic we can really do with the late game so... I dunno really.
    Last edited by antisocialmunky; 12-21-2005 at 05:22.
    Fighting isn't about winning, it's about depriving your enemy of all options except to lose.

Master of Puppets Member hellenes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by antisocialmunky
    I think we could figure out a way to script it so that the AI begins getting really good generals at certain points in the game...

In the study I did, after a certain point(a very early point), the amount of farm land controlled withing a given perimeter, can sustain all garrison and border armies. There's nothing economic we can really do with the late game so... I dunno really.
    Civil wars...
    That what made me on my toes in MTW espessially as HRE...
    If you can afford the faction slots...

Hellenes
    Impunity is an open wound in the human soul.

ΑΙΡΕΥΟΝΤΑΙ ΕΝ ΑΝΤΙ ΑΠΑΝΤΩΝ ΟΙ ΑΡΙΣΤΟΙ ΚΛΕΟΣ ΑΕΝΑΟΝ ΘΝΗΤΩΝ ΟΙ ΔΕ ΠΟΛΛΟΙ ΚΕΚΟΡΗΝΤΑΙ ΟΚΩΣΠΕΡ ΚΤΗΝΕΑ

The best choose one thing in exchange for all, everflowing fame among mortals; but the majority are satisfied with just feasting like beasts.

We really can't, we might start modifying rebellion triggers as the game moves on, but RTW doesn't support civil war, except the scripted ones we have.

Master of Puppets Member hellenes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by antisocialmunky
    We really can't, we might start modifying rebellion triggers as the game moves on, but RTW doesn't support civil war, except the scripted ones we have.
    Isnt this mod for BI?
    Then why dont you use the Roman culture that HAS rebellions and civil wars...
    I just dont know if you can make all factions roman culture and create their half rebel factions...

Hellenes
    Impunity is an open wound in the human soul.

ΑΙΡΕΥΟΝΤΑΙ ΕΝ ΑΝΤΙ ΑΠΑΝΤΩΝ ΟΙ ΑΡΙΣΤΟΙ ΚΛΕΟΣ ΑΕΝΑΟΝ ΘΝΗΤΩΝ ΟΙ ΔΕ ΠΟΛΛΟΙ ΚΕΚΟΡΗΝΤΑΙ ΟΚΩΣΠΕΡ ΚΤΗΝΕΑ

The best choose one thing in exchange for all, everflowing fame among mortals; but the majority are satisfied with just feasting like beasts.