Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 1829: interactive history one step beyond

Default Re: 1829: interactive history one step beyond

Quote Originally Posted by Franconicus
    Announcements of the Government of His Royal Majesty, Firedrich Wilhelm, King of Prussia, by the Grace of God

2) We call all German nations to meet at Frankfurt. Topics: The situation at France; Economy.
    Announcement of Francis the First, by the grace of God Emperor of Austria; King of Hungary, Bohemia, Dalmatia, Croatia, Slavonia, Galicia, and Lodomeria; Archduke of Austria; Duke of Lorraine, Salzburg, Würzburg, Franconia, Styria, Carinthia, and Carniola; Grand Duke of Kraków; Prince of Transylvania; Margrave of Moravia; Duke of Sandomir, Masovia, Lublin, Upper and Lower Silesia, Auschwitz and Zator, Teschen, and Friule; Prince of Berchtesgaden and Mergentheim; Princely Count of Habsburg, Gorizia, and Gradisca and of the Tyrol; and Margrave of Upper and Lower Lusatia and Istria.

We will accept the call of Our brother the King of Prussia and urge all the German Nations to present themselves there also.

F

Ja Mata Tosainu Sama.

Old Town Road Senior Member Strike For The South's Avatar

King George offers this proposal to the glorious nations of Europe. Make the pound the offical currency of the continet. This will strengthen all economys and make holidays much easier.

Regards King George
    There, but for the grace of God, goes John Bradford

My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

I am tired and sick of war. Its glory is all moonshine. It is only those who have neither fired a shot nor heard the shrieks and groans of the wounded who cry aloud for blood, for vengeance, for desolation.

the cub of Flanders Member Mr White's Avatar
    near the battlegrounds of the golden spurs

OK if you want to add something to your strategies you have time till tomorrow noon. I will post the next chapter on sunday. BTW I really like the way things are going.
    "The Belgians are the bravest of all gauls" - Julius Caesar

Vain man, said she, that doest in vain assay
    a mortal thing so to imortalize.
    For I myself shall like to this decay
    and eke my name be wiped out likewise.

" Hammer of the East" Member King Kurt's Avatar

Will the winner be the person with the biggest crest in their signiture????
    One can't but wonder that they are trying to compensate for something they feel is lacking!!!
    I like the idea of the pound being the european currency - will it spark the travel industry about 50 years earlier than it began in real life??
    "Some people say MTW is a matter of life or death - but you have to realise it is more important than that"
    With apologies to Bill Shankly

My first balloon - for "On this day in History"

King Kurt.Are you making a fun of Habsburg coat of Arms? .....
    Ja Mata Tosainu Sama.

Crusading historian Member cegorach's Avatar

[QUOTE=Kagemusha]Announcement of Francis the First, by the grace of God Emperor of Austria; King of Hungary, Bohemia, Dalmatia, Croatia, Slavonia, Galicia, and Lodomeria; Archduke of Austria; Duke of Lorraine, Salzburg, Würzburg, Franconia, Styria, Carinthia, and Carniola; Grand Duke of Kraków; Prince of Transylvania; Margrave of Moravia; Duke of Sandomir, Masovia, Lublin, Upper and Lower Silesia, Auschwitz and Zator, Teschen, and Friule; Prince of Berchtesgaden and Mergentheim; Princely Count of Habsburg, Gorizia, and Gradisca and of the Tyrol; and Margrave of Upper and Lower Lusatia and Istria.

Hmm.... Is this the official title for this period ? I am asking because I see:

- Grand Duke of Kraków - which was at that time quite independent according to the Vienna treaty of 1815 as Rzeczpospolita Krakowska ( Kraków Republic) ad were taken only after unsuccessful Kraków Uprising in 1846.

- Duke of Sandomir, Masovia, Lublin - which were after 1809 lost to Austria ( the lost war against the Duchy of Warsaw), later added to the Russian empire.

I am just curious if it was still used in 1829 - it is possible, but quite unreasonable...

Regards Cegorach

Quote Originally Posted by cegorach1
    Hmm.... Is this the official title for this period ? I am asking because I see:

- Grand Duke of Kraków - which was at that time quite independent according to the Vienna treaty of 1815 as Rzeczpospolita Krakowska ( Kraków Republic) ad were taken only after unsuccessful Kraków Uprising in 1846.

- Duke of Sandomir, Masovia, Lublin - which were after 1809 lost to Austria ( the lost war against the Duchy of Warsaw), later added to the Russian empire.

I am just curious if it was still used in 1829 - it is possible, but quite unreasonable...

Regards Cegorach
    I used the the title Francis(Franz) I,used himself.There was even the King of Jerusalem in his title but that was too much even for me. Here is the source:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Habsburg
    Ja Mata Tosainu Sama.

Humanist Senior Member Franconicus's Avatar

Prussian newspapers report of violance against French nobility. Many French noblemen loose their properties and leave the countries. In France there are riots and chaos.

In a speech in front of veterans of the Liberation Wars the Prussian King expresses His concernes about the development at France. He calls apon the French to end the chaos and to give nobility its God given rights. He hopes that the Germans will not have to spill blood to rein in the French once again. But He says that noone should believe the Germans would not do it again if necessary.

The Prussian government orders to close the frontiers to France.

Prussian newspapers report of violance against French nobility. Many French noblemen loose their properties and leave the countries. In France there are riots and chaos.

In a speech in front of veterans of the Liberation Wars the Prussian King expresses His concernes about the development at France. He calls apon the French to end the chaos and to give nobility its God given rights. He hopes that the Germans will not have to spill blood to rein in the French once again. But He says that noone should believe the Germans would not do it again if necessary.

The Prussian government orders to close the frontiers to France.
    I thought only Mr. White could post these types of events concerning riots and such.
    When it occurs to a man that nature does not regard him as important and that she feels she would not maim the universe by disposing of him, he at first wishes to throw bricks at the temple, and he hates deeply the fact that there are no bricks and no temples
    -Stephen Crane

Didn't post about riots, did post about an article of a Prussian newspaper. That is completely under my control, isn't it?

To Franconicus: you can post whatever you like, but I decide what is really happening and what's not. This is just Prussian propaganda for me.

On the other hand I have some bad news. I won't be able to write a new chapter before sunday so it will be postponed with atleast one day (max wait till wednesday). Sorry for this but it seems there was a misunderstanding and I have an exam on monday (so I have to cram on sunday), thank you for your understanding.

[QUOTE=Mr White]To Franconicus: you can post whatever you like, but I decide what is really happening and what's not. This is just Prussian propaganda for me.
    [QUOTE]
    Yeah, propaganda! A very powerful mean. I have to keep my people happy. So propaganda is fine!

How was your test?

By now I had 2 tests: Financial management and the other European governments. The first went great the other slightly less great but I'll probably pass. Thanks for asking. The next chapter will be posted later today

My deepest apologies but my internet failed to log in yesterday so I couldn't post the next chapter. I'm writing now on a computer in school so I don't know just when I will be able to post, but count on it that I will before the end of the week.

Again my apologies

The Orgs Prophet of RATM Member IrishMike's Avatar
    Somewhere in the defensive area of a soccer field, slaughtering puny strikers.

Just wanted to drop in and say that i've changed my name from ColdKnight to IrishMike. Didn't want anyone's pms to get screwed up.
    When ignorance reigns life is lost.

War is norm, Fight the War, Screw the norm!

Changing names and faces
    These young men have no sense for tradition!

Agreed.
    Ja Mata Tosainu Sama.

Big problems on my side.

The problem with my internet connection has expanded to my system files, to be more specific the .../system32/config/system (or something like that).
    So I can't acces windows + all the files on it. That includes my preparation of chapter 2.

So this thread is officially on hiatus until further notice.

I warned you all: The French Revolution will lead to chaos and desaster for all of us.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr White
    Big problems on my side.

The problem with my internet connection has expanded to my system files, to be more specific the .../system32/config/system (or something like that).
    So I can't acces windows + all the files on it. That includes my preparation of chapter 2.

So this thread is officially on hiatus until further notice.
    Mr. White,
    Are there plans to revive this story in the near future? I do not know if I can keep my alliance together for long

You're right Franconicus, expect chapter two tomorrow evening.

Will this story go on or is it finally dead? If so, we could lay our cards on the table!

Old Town Road Senior Member Strike For The South's Avatar

Texas wins No but seriously there is only one way to settle this. /pulls out revolver. RUSSIAN ROULETTE
    There, but for the grace of God, goes John Bradford

My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

I am tired and sick of war. Its glory is all moonshine. It is only those who have neither fired a shot nor heard the shrieks and groans of the wounded who cry aloud for blood, for vengeance, for desolation.

Senior Member Senior Member Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion, Snowboard Slalom Champion, Monkey Jump Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion Csargo's Avatar

I wish I would have seen this sooner so I could have joined it. You know what I think would be fun is if we made like a WWI thread like this one and you could be any country you want I thiink that would be pretty fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sooh View Post
    I wonder if I can make Csargo cry harder by doing everyone but his ISO.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123